daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 26th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #19441
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

http://www.13horror.com/
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #19442
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
the worst surface to ski on
Why? I love it like that... Good for applying more technical skiing with a lot of small turns between the bumps, like a slalom or something
Bogdy? What are the lift-pass prices and also of accommodation?
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #19443
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21242

Italian election results left the political "powermakers" in disarray. There is no workable majority for the Senate, a take-no-prisoners semi-protest-vote party is now the largest party on the assembly (but not the largest coalition), and they actually don't know what is going to happen. A hung parliament is possible, maybe no workable coalition will be formed and new elections might follow soon.

Even if a coalition is seated in some uneasy arrangement of parties, it is doomed from start, it will not be able to push major reforms as each potential partner have groups it cannot mess with.

There is a lot of people blaming others for not having voted "intelligently" as in voting for a lesser evil instead of handling power to a bad power broker.

Anyway, let's see what happens. It is all but certain, though, that the Messina Strait bridge will not have its construction resumed anytime soon.
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #19444
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
Why? I love it like that... Good for applying more technical skiing with a lot of small turns between the bumps, like a slalom or something
nothing, I just hate bumps. feel like I'd break my legs on them.

Last edited by hofburg; February 26th, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #19445
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
In Ljubljana? I don't remember.
Sorry, it was in 1999. Still it's funny how people forget very fast extreme weather events. That was most extreme snow event in last 25 years. I remember well because I took the only train that arrived into Ljubljana that day to have an exam on university - I've traveled 50 km through part of Slovenia without any electricity. Roads, even main, were mostly impassable. Our house had no electricity for 2 whole days.
Read here:
http://ciklon.si/stran/?p=1582
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #19446
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21242

Does Lhubljana have those strongs winds that sometimes affect Trieste or the Dalmatian coast?
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #19447
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
the worst surface to ski on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
It's the worst surface to ski on. But today it got even worse... it snowed all night and all day, and there was a lot of cm of fresh snow on the slope. This new snow, combained with many bumps made quite a bad skiing day. Some pictures:

Yep, in this pictures is the road:

B320:

We left the slopes earlier today and visited Salzburg...

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Suburbanist, Nordic20T liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #19448
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

We've got perfect skiing weather coming up. After a strange winter of snow and bad weather, we've have got proper snow to enjoy in perfect sunny and not too cold conditions...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #19449
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

9 Afghani male teenagers had been discovered concealed in a van on the A23 in Italy near the Austrian border. They travelled for more than a year, first from Afghanistan to Russia, then to Turkey stopping in Cyprus, Greece and Albania. They had no documents, no clothes change and very little food.
The youngest were 13 y.o. I can't imagine someone of that age moving to a foreign country with no family and starting a new life with absolutely no financial means and legal protection and recognization.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Last edited by italystf; February 26th, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
italystf está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #19450
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nded-SNOW.html

Quote:
No chance of a tropical storm here then! Incredible pictures show luxury resort complete with sandy beaches, palm trees and clear blue water... inside enormous German hangar surrounded by snow. The 'resort' is actually located on the site of a former Soviet military air base in Krausnick, Germany

cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #19451
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

it happened in HR finally that the speaker fell unconscious

cinxxx, Verso liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #19452
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles

Likes (Received): 5859

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Romania, A2 motorway:

That's staged. The BMW is blocking the back, and the white van has it's rear door open because it was most likely filming this minutes or seconds before. It is probably being shot for a commercial or some kind of comedy skit.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #19453
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Does Lhubljana have those strongs winds that sometimes affect Trieste or the Dalmatian coast?
Bora? No, luckily we don't have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
it happened in HR finally that the speaker fell unconscious
Happened to me once.
Old February 27th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #19454
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post

Happened to me once.
in front of cameras?
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #19455
Verso
Islander

No, but there were all my schoolmates around.
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #19456
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

Comments are just great
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #19457
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

slovenian center-right government fell.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #19458
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Italian election results left the political "powermakers" in disarray.
There is a lot of people blaming others for not having voted "intelligently" as in voting for a lesser evil instead of handling power to a bad power broker.
This is a perfect image of the situation:

I am blaming a lot... because many people chose to not choose, voting parties who say a lot of "donts" but not bringing in any "do".
I'm a liberal, but I'd still respect a decent Social party more than a "protest whatever it takes".

So many people willing to destroy but with no ******* idea of how to rebuild.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #19459
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
I am blaming a lot... because many people chose to not choose, voting parties who say a lot of "donts" but not bringing in any "do".
I'm a liberal, but I'd still respect a decent Social party more than a "protest whatever it takes".

So many people willing to destroy but with no ******* idea of how to rebuild.
I agree 100%.

I can understand perfectly that, after 20 years of politicians changing side every years, being involved in bribery and making laws for their own interests, many people don't trust anybody and don't know who to vote. For many people, protest populist parties might be attractive but... you don't improve the economical situation just by protesting and screaming in the squares just to appear alternative. You need competent politicians who make concrete proposals.
I used to admire the M5S when it was founded but later I realized that it was made just out of words and that his leader was better if he continued to do the comedian or the blogger. So I decided to vote the PD, the only party that, albeit with some shadows, could have the numbers to defeat Berlusconi (and it would have happened if the M5S didn't exist).
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #19460
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
This is what's supposed to happen when communism goes away, walls are torn down, and everybody has the same currency.
But what is Strumatic, we have to define what Strumatic is, a word that refers to the experience of driving/travelling on a superior motorway called Struma motorway or to the ultimative psychedelic road experience only possible on brand new roads and most effective when there´s snow outside so that the shiny crashbarriers shine even more and reflect the snow and the asphalt looks even better. I must think of it´s best definition first. -Radi Click
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways