daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:45 AM   #19681
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

What did this guy take?

cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:28 PM   #19682
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 3998

He is Jovan Deretić, pseudohistorian who has some theories in which Serbs are the oldest nation in the world!
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:33 PM   #19683
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Yeah, seems that your description fits
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:10 PM   #19684
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19376

Wanna play golf?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM   #19685
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Speed limit 20 I'd keep a gazillion of mph there

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:50 PM   #19686
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
how different is Croatian from Serbian language, other than alphabet used?
I have a Croatian workmate and our boss is Serbian. They speak to each other in their our languages and understand each other perfectly.

Btw. Serbian language has an offcial Latin based alphabet as well, and in some parts of the country it is used more as the traditional Cyrillic one.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:27 PM   #19687
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2262

Welcome to Red Square.

RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:35 PM   #19688
italystf

Likes (Received): 2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
When I was in Germany, at my workplace a Bulgarian girl once threw a little goodbye party as she was relocating to Bologna. A Russian professor came by and asked what was that about:
- I'm going to Bologna for a post-doc.
- Ah, Bologna! Emilia-Romagna! The most communist place in Western Europe!

The girl looked at me, terrified, as she knew I came from Bologna myself.

- Don't worry - I replied. - It's a completely different kind of communism.
http://maps.google.it/maps?q=piazza+...=12,46.14,,1,0

http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Via+Tit...152.39,,1,1.55

http://maps.google.it/maps?q=Via+Tit...90.89,,3,-1.98

Ironically, today the apology of communism is far more accepted in Italy than in the European countries that were communists before 1989. Maybe because we never sufferered from a communist repression (not considering foibe killings and Trieste Yugoslav occupation in 1945). However, since recently, many Italian streets have been named after foibe victims.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:22 PM   #19689
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

There are Via Tito in Italy?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:26 PM   #19690
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Parma is in Emilia-Romagna, "the most communist place in Western Europe".
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:30 PM   #19691
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Worse than that...

there is a Via Stalin in a city in Sicilia...

couple cities have streets named after Lenin

Many cities have streets named after Gramsci, the most nefarious of all Western theoretical communists...
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:54 PM   #19692
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19376

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Parma is in Emilia-Romagna, "the most communist place in Western Europe".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivry-sur-Seine

It has non-stop communist mayors since 1925
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 01:17 AM   #19693
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post

That's a small city. Emilia-Romagna has 4.5 million inh. Parma itself has almost 200.000 citizens.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:26 AM   #19694
italystf

Quote:
Worse than that...

couple cities have streets named after Lenin

Many cities have streets named after Gramsci, the most nefarious of all Western theoretical communists...
Gramsci was more an intellectual and, unlikely Eastern Europeans dictators, he never killed or tortured anybody. Itself was prosecuted and imprisoned by fascists.
If I think about an evil Western communist leader, Palmiro Togliatti comes to my mind. He was a close friend of Stalin and after WWII, as leader of the PCI, he wanted to put Italy on the wrong side of the iron curtain. Fortunately they never won the elections and the, although controversial, Christian Democracy managed to keep us living in a democracy. In the 70s also the PCI became more moderate and looked for a cooperation with other Wester communist parties rather than the Soviet Union.
Few people know that after WWII, while 300,000 Italians left Istria, Fiume and Zara, some thousands of Italian workers, PCI voters, went to Yugoslavia, especially to Pula and Rijeka shipyards, to live in the "worker's paradise". In 1948 Tito broke the relationship with Stalin, while the Italian communist party continued to support the Soviet Union instead of Yugoslavia. As revenge, the Titoist regime started imprisoning and torturing those Italian workers.
And Italian media almost never spoke of foibe killings until the 90s because we wanted to avoid diplomatic troubles with our Eastern neighbours. This may explain that Tito street in Italy.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:32 AM   #19695
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post

In Italy a mayor can't be elected more than 2 consecutive times (2x5 years). Only exception are small municipalities (<5000ppl) in the autonomous region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, where the limit is 3 times (15 years).
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:39 AM   #19696
italystf

Quote:
Here it is.
With all those rundown buildings and unmantained streets it really feel like being in the former Soviet Union .
It's located between Via Roosevelt and Via Churchill.

EDIT: And also Via Mao Tse Tung and Via Ho Chi Min.

Last edited by italystf; March 23rd, 2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:31 AM   #19697
Broccolli

Likes (Received): 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Gramsci was more an intellectual and, unlikely Eastern Europeans dictators, he never killed or tortured anybody. Itself was prosecuted and imprisoned by fascists.
If I think about an evil Western communist leader, Palmiro Togliatti comes to my mind. He was a close friend of Stalin and after WWII, as leader of the PCI, he wanted to put Italy on the wrong side of the iron curtain. Fortunately they never won the elections and the, although controversial, Christian Democracy managed to keep us living in a democracy. In the 70s also the PCI became more moderate and looked for a cooperation with other Wester communist parties rather than the Soviet Union.
Few people know that after WWII, while 300,000 Italians left Istria, Fiume and Zara, some thousands of Italian workers, PCI voters, went to Yugoslavia, especially to Pula and Rijeka shipyards, to live in the "worker's paradise". In 1948 Tito broke the relationship with Stalin, while the Italian communist party continued to support the Soviet Union instead of Yugoslavia. As revenge, the Titoist regime started imprisoning and torturing those Italian workers.
And Italian media almost never spoke of foibe killings until the 90s because we wanted to avoid diplomatic troubles with our Eastern neighbours. This may explain that Tito street in Italy.

if you insist on that topic...

Every crime against humanity is unexceptable i agree in that point, and we must condemned foibe kilings, or other kilings after WW2 committed by yugoslav communist regime without fair trial, no question about that.
But we also can not forget the crimes that italian soldiers did during WW2 on Slovenian territory.They were occupiers here! They barbed-wire the entire city of Ljubljana and created some sort of prison camp. My grandmothers and grandfathers village was also burned to the ground and italian soldiers killed all men in a village which they can find, also my grand grandfather.
Italian fascist regime systematically italianized slovenian last names, they bannned to speak slovenian in public, they closed all slovenian schools...the final goal was forced assimilation of slovenian people and if that was not possible extermination. From my point of view that was genocide.

So now they are trying to be victims here, that is hilarious.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_of...nd_Comradeship

Last edited by Broccolli; March 23rd, 2013 at 03:45 AM.
Broccolli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:48 AM   #19698
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccolli View Post

if you insist on that topic...

Every crime agains humanity is unexceptable i agree in that point, and we must condemned foibe kilings, or other kilings after WW2 committed by yugoslav communist regime without fair trial, no question about that.
But we also can not forget the crimes that italian soldiers did during WW2 in Slovenian territory.They were occupiers here! They barbed-wire the entire city of Ljubljana and created some sort of prison camp. My grandmothers and grandfathers village was also burned to the ground and italian soldiers killed all men in a village which they can find, also my gradgrandfather.
Italian fascist regime systematically italianized slovenian last names, they bannned to speak slovenian in public, they closed all slovenian schools...the final goal was forced assimilation of slovenian people and if that was not possible extermination. From my point of view that was genocide.

So now they are trying to be victims here, that is hilarious.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_of...nd_Comradeship
I know everything about fascist crimes and I hate fascist like everybody who commits crimes against humanity. Off course you've read about the Risiera di San Sabba, Gonars death camp, Narodni Dom on fire, forced italianization and the occupation of Ljubljana, Dalmatia and Montenegro. All terrible crimes against humanity.
But when Tito starded killing Italians in foibe our evil regime was already gone. They took revenge against normal people, also anti-fascists, women and children just because they were Italians. It's called ethnic cleasing.
It's like if Jews decided to kill random German people after WWII as revenge for holocaust.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:00 AM   #19699
Broccolli

Likes (Received): 936

Quote:
But when Tito starded killing Italians in foibe our evil regime was already gone. They took revenge against normal people, also anti-fascists, women and children just because they were Italians. It's called ethnic cleasing.It's like if Jews decided to kill random German people after WWII as revenge for holocaust.
And execly the same was happening to our children nad women during the WW2. repression and forced assimilation encouraged by italian authorities against slovenians which get under Italy after WW2 (about 150.000) was strong up to the present day.
Last couple of years are better, i think that i has something to do with meeting of all three presidents (Italian, Croatian, Slovenian). But there is a lot to be done for our slovenian minority in your country

Like i said:

Every crime against humanity is unexceptable i agree in that point, and we must condemned foibe kilings, or other kilings after WW2 committed by yugoslav communist regime without fair trial, no question about that.

But in the other hand we must not forget who started the war!

over and out

Last edited by Broccolli; March 23rd, 2013 at 04:12 AM.
Broccolli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:06 AM   #19700
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
It's like if Jews decided to kill random German people after WWII as revenge for holocaust.
No, but everyone else did.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways