daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013)

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > General Photography

General Photography General discussions on photography and non urban photos


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:52 PM   #6861
malud
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 129
Likes (Received): 100

The planned new Station for Stuttgart, currently in the news because its heavily protested against by clueless idiots.

__________________

mb92 liked this post
malud no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:53 PM   #6862
Jobaneu
Registered User
 
Jobaneu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,028
Likes (Received): 2766

Kirchheim/Schwaben (Bayern): Fuggerschloss

The Fugger family was one of the richest families, perhaps the richest of all, during the 16th. and early 17th century in Europe, bankers of popes, emperors, the Habsburg dynasty.

Originally Augsburg patricians, they were ennobled (barons, later princes) and began to build castles.

One of these is Kirchheim (1578-83) built by Jakob Eschay and Wendel Dietrich for Hans Fugger.


http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...sz:lt,islt:vga


17th century picture http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:F...n_Schwaben.jpg+

The entranc front today. The castle is still owned by the Fugger.


http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Fuggerschloss.jpg
__________________

mb92 liked this post

Last edited by Jobaneu; October 2nd, 2010 at 11:02 PM.
Jobaneu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:26 PM   #6863
Jobaneu
Registered User
 
Jobaneu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,028
Likes (Received): 2766

Kirchheim/Schwaben (Bayern): Fuggerschloss

The most spectacular feature in the castle is its main hall, the cedar hall (1585 by Wendel Dietrich).
It has a very precious Lebanon cedar wooden Renaissance ceiling.


by Picmalion http://www.*****************/pc/accou...rofile/1538918


http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Zedernsaal.jpg

Detail


http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:S...,_IMG_5122.JPG

The ceiling is attached by 400 iron clamps to the truss.

Lebanon cedar wood forms the dark ground of the coffered ceiling.
On the top of that were used oak, tilia, taxus, fraxinus, acer, prune plum wood, walnut, swiss pine.
__________________

mb92 liked this post
Jobaneu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:36 PM   #6864
malud
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 129
Likes (Received): 100

3.10.2010 celebrating 20 year anniversary of the reunification of west Germany and the DDR.
Still missing: Preussen, Schlesien, Pommern, Elsaß-Lothringen, Eupen-Malmedy.

__________________

mb92 liked this post
malud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 08:01 PM   #6865
miau
Registered User
 
miau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,596
Likes (Received): 858

... and the Ostmark
__________________
ALLE LIEBEN MIAU!
Visit! My! Berlin! Thread! :)
miau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:11 PM   #6866
Jobaneu
Registered User
 
Jobaneu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,028
Likes (Received): 2766

Quote:
Originally Posted by malud View Post
3.10.2010 celebrating 20 year anniversary of the reunification of west Germany and the DDR.
Still missing: Preussen, Schlesien, Pommern, Elsaß-Lothringen, Eupen-Malmedy.
They are lost, lost for ever.

The reunification was possible, because we recognized that.

The achievements of a thousand years of German history had been annihilated, foremost because GERMAN politicians made too many mistakes, committed too many crimes, too many people believed in a "Tausendjähriges Reich", because the defenders of the republican colours black, red and gold were short-handed during the Weimar Republic.

Everything has its price.

Last edited by Jobaneu; October 3rd, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
Jobaneu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:29 PM   #6867
Dallas star
Everything Texas
 
Dallas star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 2,809
Likes (Received): 25

You my sir, are mistaken.
Dallas star no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:42 PM   #6868
malud
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 129
Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaneu View Post
They are lost, lost for ever.
A common misconception, but far from the truth. The eastern territories still rightfully belong to Germany.
malud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:07 AM   #6869
Grunnen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 944
Likes (Received): 22

If this, if that... It just isn't that way. Germany simply has the size it has, and is an amazing country that way.

And at least the parts east of the Oder are ethnically completely Polish now. It makes absolutely no sense to want them back.
Grunnen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:15 AM   #6870
Jobaneu
Registered User
 
Jobaneu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,028
Likes (Received): 2766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas star View Post
You my sir, are mistaken.
No, I'm not.

Quote:
Another of the treaty's important terms was Germany's confirmation of the internationally recognized border with Poland, and other territorial changes that Germany had undergone since 1945, preventing any future claims to territory east of the Oder-Neisse line (see also former German territories east of the Oder-Neisse line). Germany also agreed to sign a separate treaty with Poland reaffirming the present common border. This was done on 14 November 1990 with the signing of the German-Polish Border Treaty (1990).
source
Jobaneu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #6871
Jobaneu
Registered User
 
Jobaneu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,028
Likes (Received): 2766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunnen View Post
If this, if that... It just isn't that way. Germany simply has the size it has, and is an amazing country that way.

And at least the parts east of the Oder are ethnically completely Polish now. It makes absolutely no sense to want them back.
Even more.

To want them back would completely destroy the rest of Germany too.

We were criminal, unhappy, stupid enough to loose these provinces.

To want them back would be our final stupidity.

It's foolish.
Jobaneu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:43 AM   #6872
malud
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 129
Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunnen View Post
And at least the parts east of the Oder are ethnically completely Polish now.
So what? They live on stolen Land, and the only reason it is ethnically Polish now is that they ethnically cleansed those lands, with millions of German civilians killed. This chapter is not closed.
malud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #6873
JLAG
Registered User
 
JLAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Öresund
Posts: 1,300
Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by malud View Post
So what? They live on stolen Land, and the only reason it is ethnically Polish now is that they ethnically cleansed those lands, with millions of German civilians killed. This chapter is not closed.
You really scare me with that kind of statement.
JLAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #6874
miau
Registered User
 
miau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,596
Likes (Received): 858

Next time we just need better planning.
__________________
ALLE LIEBEN MIAU!
Visit! My! Berlin! Thread! :)
miau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #6875
Rombi
Registered User
 
Rombi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gdynia
Posts: 736
Likes (Received): 114


malud I don't want to use offensive words describing your mind condition. I don't know whether you belong mrs. Steinbach gruppen fuhrer SS Associations but you are my friend really funny fritz.
I will not relate you what you germans done specially to Polish nations, my nation because, as I did I would just lowered to your level and you could accidentally think that someone could believe in your ass removed scribble.
My father is angry very often when curse germans but people like you only confirm me in statement that you are still too "Tausendjährige Reich". So Poland, Europe, World have to still wait untill germany finally grow up.
Regards from Gdynia, a city founded in the interwar period in Poland (from the fishing village in 1920 to 127 000 city in 1939). But when he entered germany has been called "Gotenhafen" (City of the Goths), and even invented the crest of the boat ready. This is the Germanness.
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #6876
Kampflamm
Secret Asian
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 914 representin'
Posts: 22,109

Quote:
My father is angry very often when curse germans but people like you only confirm me in statement that you are still too "Tausendjährige Reich". So Poland, Europe, World have to still wait untill germany finally grow up.
Sorry, but your views are just as ridiculous as malud's. So because one guy makes some outrageous comments you say that Germany still needs to grow up? FFS, compare what we've done to Japan's postwar attitude. We've apologized and paid (financially and with territories) for our "sins" and done pretty much everything possible to accomodate our neighbors. As a matter of fact I'm guessing most Germans below the age of 30 don't even know that cities like Stettin, Danzig, Breslau or Königsberg used to be German so you've got nothing to worry about.

Anyway, here are some nice pics of Greifswald, comparing the situation in 1993 to today's. Gives you a good idea of just how derelict and run-down the GDR was.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #6877
Skrapebook
Registered User
 
Skrapebook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 2,171
Likes (Received): 517



MEIN GOTT!!!!!!!
GOD BLESS THE UNITED DEUTSCHLAND!
__________________
KAPITÄN EUROPA - DER SOMMER SOLDAT
Skrapebook no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #6878
Rombi
Registered User
 
Rombi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gdynia
Posts: 736
Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm View Post
Sorry, but your views are just as ridiculous as malud's. So because one guy makes some outrageous comments you say that Germany still needs to grow up? FFS, compare what we've done to Japan's postwar attitude. We've apologized and paid (financially and with territories) for our "sins" and done pretty much everything possible to accomodate our neighbors. As a matter of fact I'm guessing most Germans below the age of 30 don't even know that cities like Stettin, Danzig, Breslau or Königsberg used to be German so you've got nothing to worry about.
Maybe my that what I say was exaggerated. Sorry for that.
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #6879
JValjean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bulle_(CH) & Amberg_(D)
Posts: 581
Likes (Received): 207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombi View Post
Regards from Gdynia, a city founded in the interwar period in Poland (from the fishing village in 1920 to 127 000 city in 1939). But when he entered germany has been called "Gotenhafen" (City of the Goths), and even invented the crest of the boat ready. This is the Germanness.
Take a look at the following list of mayors of the city of Danzig from 1342 to 1939. Perhaps you'll remark the "Germanness" of these names:

List_of_mayors_of_Danzig


By the way the old German name for Gdynia was Gdingen!
JValjean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #6880
Saigoneseguy
Vivat capitalismus
 
Saigoneseguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saigon
Posts: 5,897
Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by miau View Post
Next time we just need better planning.
Next time don't touch die juden.
__________________
' ' Sài Gòn không bao giờ ngủ - Vì tiền không bao giờ đủ '
Saigoneseguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
alemanha, alemania, bayern, berlin, brandenburg, duitsland, fotos, magdeburg, trier

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu