daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 19th, 2009, 10:15 PM   #181
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Likes (Received): 57

SOUSSE NEPTUNE RESIDENCE

Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #182
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Is Tunis the New Dubai on the Mediterranean?

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZA...diterranean%3F26 March 2009

Dubai entered 2009 by becoming yet another victim of the global credit crunch; an exodus of foreign investors has been taking place during the first three months of 2009.

However, not so far away, the Tunisian economy is telling a different story. Both the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009 have bought good news for Tunisia's business climate; all the sectors that have previously been synonymous with investment in Dubai are now being referenced to this small North African country: tourism, manufacturing, services, etc.

Entering into an 'Open Skies' agreement a few weeks ago, Tunisia has poised itself to receive an influx from European, American and Arabian airlines. If the current trends continue as they are in this region, it is worth considering, is Tunisia the 'new Dubai?'

There are certainly many similarities between Dubai in its heyday and Tunisia now; for example, Italian clothing giant, the Benetton Group, announced that it would be put further investment into its operations in Tunisia, reminiscent of the flood of foreign retailers in Dubai in recent years.

They operate alongside a number of high-end textiles companies in the country, including Van Laak (Germany) and the Miroglio Group (Italy). Tunisian textiles companies themselves are also experiencing growth. On March 10, Tunisian suppliers met buyers in the United Kingdom at the 'Tunisian Textile Days' event.

Other similarities are in the real estate sector; Dubai had become renowned for the quality of life it offers to expatriates, with real estate investment rocketing in recent years. However, this year, International Living ranked Tunisia highest in the Arab region in their 2009 Quality of Life Index, awarding Tunisia 11 points more than the UAE.

Moreover, similar to the hype that surrounded the building of the man-made Palm Islands in Dubai, Tunisia is attracting comparable attention as it is expected to host the tallest tower in Africa in its man-made 'Mediterranean Gate' -- a new town just south of Tunis, being built at a cost of $25 billion.

Whilst Bloomberg estimates that foreign direct investment (FDI) in emerging markets fell by 10 percent in 2008, Tunisia boasted a 38 percent increase in FDI on the previous year. The reason for Tunisia's success may be on the back of its tourism industry, which has steadily grown in recent years

This is another major parallel between Dubai and Tunisia; unlike other emirates, Dubai did not have as much oil and gas resources. Similarly, Tunisia also lacks such natural resources and has therefore built its economy primarily through foreign-led investment.

In fact, in a global economic downturn, Tunisia looks set to be an anomaly, with the tourism industry predicted to grow by 0.4 percent by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). In the UAE, however, growth is expected to be -0.8 percent. This should, according to the WTTC, improve to 2.8 percent per annum over the next 10 years. But in Tunisia, it is expected to improve to 4.8 percent.

The recent Open Skies agreement will do much to help this growth. British Airways and Tunisair... will no longer be the only carriers of passengers to the country, but may be joined by budget airlines too, thereby significantly increasing competition. A new international airport will cater to this increase in Enfidha, due to be completed by the end of 2009.

A number of privatizations are also due to take place in 2009, including companies in the agricultural, tourism and automotive industries. Capitalizing on its human resources will also be an important internal 'investment' that the country is making in the long-run. The government has conducted a number of initiatives to introduce new educational facilities in the country, including the opening of a branch of the University of Paris-Dauphine. The new Dauphine Tunis University will join approximately 13 other universities in the 2009-2010 academic year.

Tunisia still has a long way to go before it matches the success experiences by Dubai, but it is no doubt on the right track.

It does, however, face competition from other emerging markets in the Middle East and North Africa region, especially nearby Egypt. Whereas both Egypt and Tunisia improved their rankings in the World Bank's Doing Business 2009 report by 11 and eight places, respectively, Egypt was also declared 'top reformer' in the region, recording an impressive six reforms across various aspects of conducting business in the country (Tunisia recorded four). Nevertheless, overall Tunisia remained ahead of Egypt, ranking in eighth place in the Middle East and North Africa (Egypt ranked 12th).

In the near future, should the economic climate improve and investments in emerging markets increase once more, Tunisia will certainly be one to watch as the potential new hot spot of the Middle East and North Africa region.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM   #183
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Tunis, March 31, 2009- Covering a surface of some 20 hectares, the new “Gammarth Bay” project will soon feature an integrated tourist station similar to that of Port El Kantaoui, near Sousse.

A team of Tunisian and French engineers, landscape and town planners is currently engaged in building the project which is expected to be completed by 2012.

The project (see scaled down model) which is sponsored by a major Tunisian tourism group TTS, aims at increasing hotel capacity north of the capital, as well as providing more berths for boat owners who will have the choice between the Sidi Bou Said marina and Gammarth Bay .

With a capacity of some 500 berths, the new marina whose work began in 2007, will have a circular shape and will be flanked by state of the art villas and flats designed in the traditional Moorish /Arab style characteristic of the village of Sidi Bou Said. These residential units which will cover some 85,000 square meters will also comprise commercial areas, as well as covered parking spaces.

Set up within the dense vegetation of the Gammarth forest and overlooking the sea, the project is expected to boost tourism in the capital, as well as offering a quality product for potential investors.

Source: Le Temps, March 31, 2009

Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:23 PM   #184
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

TUNIS -LAFAYETTE COMMERCIAL BUILDING 10 flrs.

Old April 18th, 2009, 01:49 AM   #185
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

GOLF COTE DE CARTHAGE TUNIS

The golf was planned by :http://www.rtj2.com/index.php?option...d=74&Itemid=37

[B][CENTER]

Old April 18th, 2009, 01:51 AM   #186
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

BAIE DE GAMMARTH TUNIS

Under Construction

PROGRESS : NOV 2008

Old April 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM   #187
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tounsi View Post
ENFIDHA AIRPORT - CONSTRUCTION UPDATES end of 2008

Render

APRIL 2009

[IMG]http://i42.************/2dh9o1s.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/2zeaxec.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/30j5ncl.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i43.************/13z8z8j.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/2hwiowg.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/302tpc0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/iciixz.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/34yv76a.jpg[/IMG]

SSC TUNISIA

Last edited by Tounsi; April 30th, 2009 at 09:52 PM.
Tounsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:46 PM   #188
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

ENFIDHA AIRPORT UPDATES

Photobucket
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #189
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

LA CÔTE DES ANGES

Award of the Best Waterfront Development ( Future ) at Cityscape Abudhabi 2009
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:15 AM   #190
SkyScraperMember
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

nice tunisia projects!
SkyScraperMember no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #191
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Thanks SkyScraperMember
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #192
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

LEXUS RESIDENCE BERGES DU LAC II TUNIS

Old May 9th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #193
1pasticcere

Likes (Received): 0

Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum, and I am not sure where to post this request(I hope I am in the right place): well I heard that Entrepreneur Mzabi has a project near by Riadh El Andalous, it is just a complex of appartment buildings (Omrane), I have been told that they will be ready by September 09, I wonder if any of you guys has any photo of this project exterior and/or interior. I am just interested in a 4 bedrooms and I wanted to see if I can afford a unit there.
www.imm-tunisie.com.tn is the actual side but there isn't enough info in there!
1pasticcere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #194
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

ENFIDHA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT UPDATES MAY 2009

Terminal 1

Expressway

Control tower 86 meters

Tunnels

Terminal 1 & parking lot

Old May 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM   #195