daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 29th, 2008, 01:53 AM   #21
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by karim aboussir View Post
WOW NICE HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO COMPLETE ALL THAT ?? THAT IS SO COOL TUNIS THE NEXT DUBAI OF AFRICA ????
Hopefully we will find our own Dubai style lol

All teh mega projects are under construction at this point . others are approuved but technical research and environmental impacts studies are still ongoing ..

for the Mediteranean gate the full completion will be in 2020... but its a brand new city of 500 000 inhabitants..

the financial harbour will be finished in 2010 same for bled el ward.

Al Qussor is planned to be on sale in 2012 I think and the new iarport in 2009 next year ...

Same for la Cite de la culture it is almost complete now ...

Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #22
paw25694
Batik

Likes (Received): 36

wow awesome . my aunt lived in Tunis before for the embassy, judging from her photos, Tunis has changed
paw25694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #23
alsen
Celebrity Fitness

Likes (Received): 1

nice update there Tounsi . the twin tower reminds me of emirates tower.
alsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:12 PM   #24
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw25694 View Post
wow awesome . my aunt lived in Tunis before for the embassy, judging from her photos, Tunis has changed
Tunisia is booming since 1990 with an average annual growth of 5,6 % since then !!

With all these projects we hope a 6,5% annual growth .
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #25
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsen View Post
nice update there Tounsi . the twin tower reminds me of emirates tower.
Thanks Alsen . Indeed they reminds me of the Emirates tower too don't forget that this project is finaned by sama dubai lol

BTW it is so far the biggest real estate investment of an emirate company in North africa.. we are talking about 14-15 Billions US Dollars !!!
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:38 AM   #26
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tounsi View Post
The new Sport City :

a press conference held on Tuesday in Tunis , Mr Youssef Al Nowis, Al Maabar's CEO, said that the first part of the project, will be completed within 5 years, and that the remainder will be built in stages over 20 years, at a cost of 13 billion dinars (10 billion dollars). He added that land development studies will be entrusted to Tunisian companies. The building of the project is expected to generate some 10,000 jobs

NEW RENDERS :

Last edited by Tounsi; April 7th, 2008 at 07:52 PM.
Tounsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 06:50 AM   #27
André

Likes (Received): 218

Wow.. It's impressive the size of the complex!
Old April 25th, 2008, 11:47 PM   #28
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by André View Post
Wow.. It's impressive the size of the complex!

Yes indeed I am still looking for some new renders or any pictures from the constrcution site but nothing so far .
Old April 26th, 2008, 11:32 PM   #29
sk

Likes (Received): 3

i am speechless!these are simply stunning projects!
Old April 29th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #30
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk View Post
i am speechless!these are simply stunning projects!

BTW i m looking for some renders of the Mediteranean Project .

they have been showned at the MIPIM 2008 exhibition at cannes in march .

Can someone gives us more details about the different projets of sama Dubai at thata exhibition.

i found the models of the Lagoon and the Dubai towers and also the morroccon project but nothing in regards to the Mediteranean gate .

here is the Logo of this project :

and the thread :

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=582791
Old April 30th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #31
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 7563

Very cool projects! I wish Tunisia to realize all of them
Old April 30th, 2008, 03:36 PM   #32
fenian

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tounsi View Post
Thanks Alsen . Indeed they reminds me of the Emirates tower too don't forget that this project is finaned by sama dubai lol

BTW it is so far the biggest real estate investment of an emirate company in North africa.. we are talking about 14-15 Billions US Dollars !!!

Great projects bt I have some doubts maybe you can explain me; I was often in Tunis last 2 years for business; it's still a little economy, and his good growth (5% per year) doesn't justify such a business area I think.
still the Berge Du Lac district isn't finished yet and presents a lot of unsolden lodgings and buildings.
To build a business district u need an historical background (like Hong Kong or Singapore for example) or lot of money and economic freedom to attract investors (like Dubai and his oil dollars) , Tunisia has nothing of this.
And there is the dependency "de-facto" of France, wich doesn't help the global ecomomic opening.
That's my personal opinion, beside this I like Tunisia very much and I wish the best to this country.
fenian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 08:33 PM   #33
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenian View Post
Great projects bt I have some doubts maybe you can explain me; I was often in Tunis last 2 years for business; it's still a little economy, and his good growth (5% per year) doesn't justify such a business area I think.
still the Berge Du Lac district isn't finished yet and presents a lot of unsolden lodgings and buildings.
To build a business district u need an historical background (like Hong Kong or Singapore for example) or lot of money and economic freedom to attract investors (like Dubai and his oil dollars) , Tunisia has nothing of this.
And there is the dependency "de-facto" of France, wich doesn't help the global ecomomic opening.
That's my personal opinion, beside this I like Tunisia very much and I wish the best to this country.
yes ideed the avearge annual growth for the last 20 is around 5.6 % . In order to boost this annula growtth we need to upgrade all the sectors of our economy and the infrastructures .

All these investments are coming from the Emirates and some of them from Italy . The toursim is one of the m,ain industrie in tunisia however the revenues from mass tourism are not going up teherfoore tunisia is chaging her startegy and is trying with all thesse projects to attarct high end toursits and residents .

the laws have been change to reflect this new reality For instance as f now strangers can buy a property in tunisia wich was not the case 6 months ago ...

The berges Du lac is mainly for the locals and it s a kind of a test for Tunisia.

now all these projects will give a better value to the product tunisia in teh toursim industry .

on the other hand you have also to remember that we are diversifying our eceonomy and the objective is to be within the next 10-15 years a regional financial hub like Singapore or Hong kong as you mentionned ....

There is a demand for this and none of the the other countries Algeria or Morrocco doe shave the potential the know how and the human ressources of tunisia in this matter .

the recent visit of Sarkozy in Tunisia and all teh contracts signed between france & tunisia also reflects this new interest for Tunisia and the fear of the france to loose her influence in Tunisia ..

the dependancy that you are talking about is due really the major investors is not france but the emirates at this point , the main pourvoyuer of job is still the French busines but that is also changing with teh arrival of italian german and british firms in tunisia ..

basically the whole eceonomy is re-adjusting to this new relaity and to these new opportunity and the tunisian econmy is facing her biggest challenge ... but i am confident , tunisia does have all the human ressorces , the government willing and the potential to be the next Singapore of the Maghreb ..
Old April 30th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #34
Patryk.SKY
LISKÓW <------>Kalisz

Likes (Received): 0

Beautiful projects, I would like to see them on live after structure

POLAND
Patryk.SKY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:28 PM   #35
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patryk.SKY View Post
Beautiful projects, I would like to see them on live after structure

Well you might start shopping because the main projects ( except the nmediteranean gate ) will be complete in 2010
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #36
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

New renders are available !

Architectes: http://www.d-earle.com

Part of the mega-project ( see above) The project will include 400 villas and 12 towers of 18 Floors and and unknown number of residential buildings .

Found on the website :

Quote:
We wanted to reflect some Islamic architectural features whilst staying true to the idea of a modernist style by offering several styles which will appeal to a wider taste. The important thing was not to loose the flavour of the culture in the overall complex design.

AN ECO-TOWER IS IN THE TABLE AND WILL BE THE FIRST ECO TOWER IN AFRICA !!!

Quote:
a zero carbon footprint was achieved using every passive cooling and power generating tool available to create the perfect environmentally green building. Scheduled for completion in 2009

Old May 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #37
Daano

Likes (Received): 5

awesome!
Daano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #38
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

I forgot to mention something :

The new renders apply only for this portion of the project as shown below ( sorry for the 'amateur touch ' )

Last edited by Tounsi; May 7th, 2008 at 01:42 AM.
Tounsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #39
Arpels
Αλέξανδρος

Likes (Received): 378

very good project, and big, the new Sport City its a pleasure see this beautiful country in SSC too...
Arpels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #40
Tounsi
TUNISIAN MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpels View Post
very good project, and big, the new Sport City its a pleasure see this beautiful country in SSC too...
Thanks Arpels ! I will do my best to keep this thread alive ..Hoppefully a lot of new update will come sooner that I hoped