daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:46 PM   #801
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

300.000 sqm, that is as much as the main portion of BK, so this can easily be 800m

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM   #802
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
300.000 sqm, that is as much as the main portion of BK, so this can easily be 800m
Sorry, i'm a bit embarrassed to ask, but what is ST & BK? Lol

It will be a travesty for Brookfield to build anything less than its full potential height wise for both of their towers.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:00 PM   #803
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Burj Khalifa and Shanghai Tower iirc

Vertical_Gotham liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:07 PM   #804
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

The HY North Tower is nearly 400m, and it has 2.3m sf.

Kanto liked this post
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:13 PM   #805
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Wow, this could be one hell of a tall building then I hope it'll be taller than 1WTC so it will be the tallest office building in the city
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:47 PM   #806
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Burj Khalifa and Shanghai Tower iirc
Thanks and oh my.....I nearly just fainted with the thought of something being built like that here height wise.

BK? i doubt it... but ST? Wow!

Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM   #807
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I think it will be in the height range of 1WTC - 432 Park. But even at that height it would be a truly impressive supertall
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:48 PM   #808
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

So are these square footage values new? I had no idea there was so much here.
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:04 PM   #809
Archaean
BANNED

Likes (Received): 311

Slow down guys. The 2.2 and 3.2 million square feet values are old values, from before this project was slated to include residential. Neither of these office towers will likely exceed much more than 2 million sq feet. Probably looking at buildings in the 850-950ft range.
Archaean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:22 PM   #810
Vertical_Gotham

Yes. I remember reading that this site has a total of 5.4 million sft and the real deal article did not include the 3rd tower in its calculations to be built on this site. I too forgot about the 3rd tower (residential). lol.

If Brookfield makes the North and South Tower equal in height, then It should be 2 million sft each for the North and South towers and the 3rd tower would have the left over 1.4 million sq ft.

I still think that there is a real possibility that the South tower will get some of the sq footage from the North tower & the residential tower to be the taller one. So, 1,216 ft and 935 ft in height could still happen like the header says for this thread.

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; May 2nd, 2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:32 PM   #811
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaean View Post
Slow down guys. The 2.2 and 3.2 million square feet values are old values, from before this project was slated to include residential. Neither of these office towers will likely exceed much more than 2 million sq feet. Probably looking at buildings in the 850-950ft range.
Oh, and I was already starting to get really excited
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:36 PM   #812
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Those numbers were in an article printed on 1 May 2013 in the Real Deal. Brookfield was interviewed in the article. For all we know, they're transferring air rights from 450 W 33rd.

PS: It is highly unlikely that a 2m sf tower would be less than 300m unless it had a MASSIVE trading floor (even then, it would be almost 300m). That being said, Credit Suisse is the only possible tenant that would require a trading floor, and it's highly unlikely that CS will anchor these towers.

As I have been saying for a long time, Brookfield does not have a final plan and will build to suit any anchor.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:09 PM   #813
Archaean
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Those numbers were in an article printed on 1 May 2013 in the Real Deal. Brookfield was interviewed in the article. For all we know, they're transferring air rights from 450 W 33rd.

PS: It is highly unlikely that a 2m sf tower would be less than 300m unless it had a MASSIVE trading floor (even then, it would be almost 300m). That being said, Credit Suisse is the only possible tenant that would require a trading floor, and it's highly unlikely that CS will anchor these towers.

As I have been saying for a long time, Brookfield does not have a final plan and will build to suit any anchor.
Do you have any connections to Brookfield? If not then what you have been saying for a long time has just as much value in predicting the specifications of this development as any other poster's predictions in this thread. That is to say, not much. There are many buildings in this city that well exceed 2m sq feet that are much shorter than 300m. It is best to expect a conservative height value for this project so as not to be dissapointed when the building specifications are released. Hopefully one of the buildings in this development will reach at least 300m, but the odds are far from certain. More than likely it will be between 850 and 950 ft, considering the height of similar sized buildings in New York.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:15 PM   #814
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:

Totally agree on both points.

I feel Brookfield in the near future may start their project next compared to the other projects in the Yards. Brookfield has 1 major advantage over the other developers is that they boast a 93% occupancy in NYC in office buildings they manage.

I imagine finding tenants that they already have that are contemplating for larger space would not at all be difficult, especially they plan to be competitive in the HY market. Even if they don't look within... they seem to be doing very well overall filling out their buildings.

If time Warner is seriously looking to move in the area, i hope they look at Related's North tower to get that tower in building mode. Then Brookfield may not be that far behind finding the next big tenant.

As for credit suisse my hopes is that they choose either Towers 2 or 3 of the WTC site. 2 WTC would be perfect for their needs if they are looking for trading floors space.

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; May 2nd, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:25 PM   #815
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Do you have any connections to Brookfield? If not then what you have been saying for a long time has just as much value in predicting the specifications of this development as any other poster's predictions in this thread. That is to say, not much. There are many buildings in this city that well exceed 2m sq feet that are much shorter than 300m. It is best to expect a conservative height value for this project so as not to be dissapointed when the building specifications are released. Hopefully one of the buildings in this development will reach at least 300m, but the odds are far from certain. More than likely it will be between 850 and 950 ft, considering the height of similar sized buildings in New York.
Do you even live in NY?

As it so happens, I have a lot of inside information since my friend is in a real estate department that represents Brookfield.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:37 PM   #816
Archaean
BANNED

Quote:
Do you even live in NY?

As it so happens, I have a lot of inside information since my friend is in a real estate department that represents Brookfield.
Unlike you, I am a real New Yorker as I was born in the city. Im living in Singapore right now, but I have lived for nearly two decades in New York. But thats besides the point. Unless your "connection" has explicitly stated the size of this development, theres no way to know for certainty how large it will be. My prediction was simply based on decades of precedance.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:46 PM   #817
Vertical_Gotham

I have to say, i find Robert to be a very knowledgeable guy here.

3 WTC has 2 million sq ft if i'm not mistaken and will be 1,100 + ft! 4 WTC is 977ft tall and it has 1.7 million sqft.

This Manhattan West tower does not appear to be wider than 3 WTC in the renderings, so there is a real probability that this tower easily can be close to 1,000 or more.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

Kanto, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; May 2nd, 2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:38 AM   #818
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I completely agree with you. If somebody knows what's going on in real estate development, it's Bob
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:41 AM   #819
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Unlike you, I am a real New Yorker as I was born in the city. Im living in Singapore right now, but I have lived for nearly two decades in New York. But thats besides the point. Unless your "connection" has explicitly stated the size of this development, theres no way to know for certainty how large it will be. My prediction was simply based on decades of precedance.
You talk out of your _____. I am from NY, as well, and still live here.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:42 AM   #820
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
I have to say, i find Robert to be a very knowledgeable guy here...
Thank you, sir.

Tags
1 manhattan west, 2 manhattan west, 3 manhattan west, 4 manhattan west, 5 manhattan west, brookfield manhattan west, new york, north tower, supertall