daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Urban

Urban discussions on urbanisation, urban society, economy, infrastructure, urban events and entertainment

Old December 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM   #541
agate8

Likes (Received): 27

There are fast food outlets in Seri Iskandar such as KFC, Ayamas, Secret Recipe (not fast food) and upcoming McDonald. So, takde pun takpe dalam Tesco tu. Kehkehkeh

Sponsored Links

Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:19 AM   #542
silverian86
Here in My Home...

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Hehe, so you've been there rite?..... so many ppl around. I think it's quite usual when a new sore is open, the first few days is the most exciting days for the shoppers and the window shoppers.
yes, but nothing interested to me...even billion in manjung and and ipoh is far bigger. the building is too small, yet the exterior design kinda nice...american style

Quote:
Originally Posted by agate8 View Post
There are fast food outlets in Seri Iskandar such as KFC, Ayamas, Secret Recipe (not fast food) and upcoming McDonald. So, takde pun takpe dalam Tesco tu. Kehkehkeh
memang pun...semua tu lintas jalan je...lagipun penduduk seri iskandar bukan ramai mana
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:12 AM   #543
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 877

Tesco Superstore opens in Bandar Universiti Seri Iskandar
By Lam Jian Wyn of theedgeproperty.com
Monday, 05 December 2011 17:34

KUALA LUMPUR (Dec 5): A Tesco Superstore has opened its doors in Hua Yang Bhd's Bandar Universiti Seri Iskandar township in Perak, marking the hypermarket chain's 45th outlet in the country.

The new outlet has a gross floor area of 800,000 sq ft and aims to serve the needs of people from the township and nearby areas, the developer said in a statement on Monday.

"TESCO is strategically located at OneBU@Seri Iskandar, the Lifestyle and Business Hub of Bandar Universiti Seri Iskandar township. It's main frontage will certainly attract families and individuals to visit the township for groceries, fresh food and household needs," said Hua Yang CEO Ho Wen Yan.

So far, 200 units or 85% of the the Bandar Universiti Business Centre (BUBC) commercial shop lots were taken up since they were launched in July 2009.

According to Ho, next year the group plans to launch 123 units of retail shops with a pedestrian mall concept that will come up next to the Tesco outlet. This is in addition to commercial shop lots priced at RM450,000.

Meanwhile, the residential Selinsing 3 and 4, and Lily 4 phases — which comprise 52 units of 2-storey semi-detached homes and 50 units of single-storey terraced homes respectively — were sold out following their launches in Oct 2009, April 2011 and June 2011 respectively.

In the offing are more affordable homes, namely 137 units of Casa and Tropika 2-storey terraced homes priced from RM180,000, as well as 909 units of Seri Idaman and Seri Andaman homes with prices from RM130,000 and built-up areas are at 800 sq ft.

Bandar Universiti Seri Iskandar covers 838 acres of land, and has a gross development value of RM1.2 billion.The township is expected to contribute 30% to the group's total earnings next year.
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #544
tuan_wu

Likes (Received): 65

credit to Mydin fb
tuan_wu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #545
Caius the Shadow

Likes (Received): 313

Carrefour is coming to Kluang, Johor!!

http://www.epbt.gov.my/osc/Proj1_Inf...ame=285766&S=S
Caius the Shadow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #546
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

finally carrefour
Old December 15th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #547
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Mydin Nusajaya
http://jbcool.com/2011/08/mydin-anju...jaya-now-open/
Old December 15th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #548
Caius the Shadow

Is this a legal thread to post bout Mydin?

btw, another 3 Mydin hypermarket will be built in JB ; at Mutiara Rini, Taman Pelangi Indah and Taman Rinting. One thing that attracts me is, the Kulaijaya Mydin only cost rm 15 million, but in those 3 tamans in JB, each Mydin will cost approximately rm 120 mil. Is the newpaper wrong or Mydin wants to build 3 superbig Hypermarket in Taman Perumahan?

From Utusan Malaysia:
http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/info...t&pg=ko_03.htm
Old December 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #549
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

heard dat Mydin JB will be the largest hypermarket in Malaysia....probably Mydin Mutiara Rini???
Old December 15th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #550
Caius the Shadow

I thought the bigeest will be at Meiru Raya in Perak?? Nvm, I hope that Mydin will be able to fight the likes of Giants and Tescos in JB. Got too many of them in JB. My eyesights got worsen because of them.
Old December 15th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #551
silverian86
Here in My Home...

Likes (Received): 93

Mydin Mall Ipoh update

- will be the biggest Mydin in Malaysia (at least at the moment it open)

Old December 16th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #552
smoothcake

Likes (Received): 16

Shouldnt this thread be MYDIN/TESCO/CARREFOUR/GIANT

hhehhehee =)
smoothcake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:48 AM   #553
dean87
kedahsejahtera

Likes (Received): 1885

add more MYDIN/TESCO/CARREFOUR/GIANT/PARKSON/METROJAYA...econsave? pacific n the store?
dean87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #554
asyraf
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

TESCO TO STRENGTHEN POSITION WITH 2 MORE STORES IN 2012

Hypermarket chain, Tesco Stores Malaysia Sdn Bhd will be opening two more stores in the country by next year, at a cost of about 100 million ringgit.

This was in line with its plan to strengthen its position by further expanding its business nationwide.

To date, Tesco Malaysia has 44 stores nationwide offering over 60 thousand kinds of products.

The retail chain, which is the third largest in the world, is a joint venture between Sime Darby Berhad and Tesco Public Limited Company from the United Kingdom.

http://www.ntv7.com.my/7edition/busi...S_IN_2012.html
asyraf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #555
General Juhziz

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by asyraf View Post
TESCO TO STRENGTHEN POSITION WITH 2 MORE STORES IN 2012

Hypermarket chain, Tesco Stores Malaysia Sdn Bhd will be opening two more stores in the country by next year, at a cost of about 100 million ringgit.

This was in line with its plan to strengthen its position by further expanding its business nationwide.

To date, Tesco Malaysia has 44 stores nationwide offering over 60 thousand kinds of products.

The retail chain, which is the third largest in the world, is a joint venture between Sime Darby Berhad and Tesco Public Limited Company from the United Kingdom.

http://www.ntv7.com.my/7edition/busi...S_IN_2012.html
GOOD news i like shoping @ tesco because of voucher

General Juhziz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #556
johan is

Likes (Received): 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean87 View Post

add more MYDIN/TESCO/CARREFOUR/GIANT/PARKSON/METROJAYA...econsave? pacific n the store?
how about JUSCO??

rename --> hypermarkets n departmental stores in Malaysia
johan is no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #557
johan is

Likes (Received): 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylim123 View Post
I heard that Carefour want open at Kulim, Kedah soon! real?
Carrefour in Kulim???
very near to Bukit Minyak n Seberang Jaya..
johan is no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #558
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

hypermarkets onlylah....for dept store and shopping malls click http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...616366&page=38
Old January 14th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #559
coolman89

Likes (Received): 6

Big hypermarket operators keen on MetroCity
By JACK WONG
jackwong@thestar.com.my

KUCHING: Chong Kia Hoi Realty Group is negotiating with three international brand hypermarket chain operators to operate Sarawak’s biggest hypermarket in MetroCity, its flagship integrated new township development in Matang.

CKH Realty Group chairman and managing director Chong Kia Hoi said the three chain operators were the industry’s “big names”, having several stores in Peninsular Malaysia, and that they were keen to expand their retail network to Sarawak. He declined to name the operators.

“Hopefully, we can seal the deal in two to three months,” Chong told StarBizWeek.

Tesco, Carrefour and Giant are the major foreign hypermarket and supermarket retail chain operators in Malaysia. Giant has spread its wings to Sarawak, opening two hypermarkets in Kuching, and one each in Sibu and Miri over the past six months.

Chong said an established local supermarket group had also expressed its interest in the proposed hypermarket.

He said the hypermarket would have a built-up area of between 120,000 and 150,000 sq ft, and 800 parking lots.

MetroCity is CKH Realty’s most ambitious project and the largest single integrated township development in Kuching City North, where the Sarawak administrative centre is located.

The two-phase development has a gross development value of RM970mil and spans 74ha.

Phase I will be a commercial precinct comprising 314 units of three/four shophouses priced between RM850,000 and RM2.5mil, a commercial hall that will house the hypermarket, two three-storey showrooms, a private medical centre and a 120-room hotel.

It will also feature a fast-food restaurant, a trade service entertainment cineplex centre, a private food court and an integrated bus transit terminal and taxi station.

Phase II will be a residential development with more than 1,000 houses of various types.

Chong said more than 80% of the shophouses had been sold since their launch about three months ago.

“The entire development is expected to take eight to 10 years, and it will be financed with internal funding,” he said.

Source: http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...0&sec=business
coolman89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #560
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 211

Tesco Seri Tanjung Pinang
Penang

http://othmanarof.blogspot.com/2011/...ng-pinang.html

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote