daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Old January 31st, 2009, 02:06 PM   #121
berkshire royal

Likes (Received): 0

This stadium and the new stadium in Warsaw are identical twins. Maybe the architecht of these we're the same and if it is was the same architecht then my god he was lazy and he should never get a chance to design a new stadium because of his laziness. Don't get me wrong it's a nice stadium but I hate it when stadiums are not only rough copies of one another but are as good as identical.
berkshire royal no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 31st, 2009, 05:03 PM   #122
mihai_alex

Likes (Received): 8

I've just noticed that too,the roof and the interior are almost the same,fortunately the exterior is different.
I wonder what is the cost difference between the two.
Warsaw national stadium:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...2&postcount=42
mihai_alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:16 PM   #123
cornelinho

Likes (Received): 0

from the polish threads i saw 360 mil euros ... but this includes: Along with the stadium the plans include constructing a general purpose indoor sports arena with places for 15,000 spectators, an olympic swimming pool for 4,000 spectators and an aquatic park, hotel and congress center, catering and service facilities. <wikipediaplz corect me id i am wrong) we have 130-146 mil euros ... but just the stadium and a small one 15k for the national rugby team
##################
##################

Romania
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:34 AM   #124
mihai_alex

Costurile totale ale construcţiei noului stadion Naţional se ridică la 136 de milioane de euro, fără TVA, din care stadionul va costa 120 de milioane de euro, iar 16 milioane de euro va fi preţul acoperişului retractabil, a declarat astăzi, directorul firmei constructoare, Ştefan Monuş, citat de NewsIn.

136 million without added taxes,and it's just for the construction of the big stadium.

Last edited by mihai_alex; February 1st, 2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old February 1st, 2009, 02:40 AM   #125
Cracovia

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelinho View Post
from the polish threads i saw 360 mil euros ... but this includes: Along with the stadium the plans include constructing a general purpose indoor sports arena with places for 15,000 spectators, an olympic swimming pool for 4,000 spectators and an aquatic park, hotel and congress center, catering and service facilities. <wikipediaplz corect me id i am wrong) we have 130-146 mil euros ... but just the stadium and a small one 15k for the national rugby team
No the 300mln odd euros is for the stadium itself the rest will have a seperate budget. There will be no olimpyc swiming pool and the arena will be for 20 000 spectators. The hotel+congress centre will be built using private funds.

I dont see how this;
http://www.2012.org.pl/en/host-cities/w/stadia.html

Looks like this

If anything the Bucharest arena is a copy of the stadium in Hamburg

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...arkstadion.jpg

Last edited by Cracovia; February 1st, 2009 at 02:47 AM.
Cracovia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 09:46 AM   #126
mihai_alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracovia View Post
No the 300mln odd euros is for the stadium itself the rest will have a seperate budget. There will be no olimpyc swiming pool and the arena will be for 20 000 spectators. The hotel+congress centre will be built using private funds.

I dont see how this;
http://www.2012.org.pl/en/host-cities/w/stadia.html
Looks like this

If anything the Bucharest arena is a copy of the stadium in Hamburg
You are wrong,wrong,and WRONG.Read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_alex View Post
I've just noticed that too,the roof and the interior are almost the same,fortunately the exterior is different.
I wonder what is the cost difference between the two.
Warsaw national stadium:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...2&postcount=42
You should also know that our stadium is 70% of the Commerzbank-arena in Frankfurt,but an obvious better version of it,with stands closer to the pitch,better looking exterior,and many other things:

Old February 1st, 2009, 03:04 PM   #127
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_alex View Post
You deviated a bit from the subject...sry but I didn't see that you wrote the attendance thing,I got bored reading and maybe a missed a line ...or 2

Ataturk was a waste of money,a stadium with just one purpose,the 2005 CL final.
In our case the national stadium is built for the national team,so we need not talk further about this,or compare.
The idea is exactly the contrary of what you said about Ataturk.
Yeah, Ataturk was a waste of money, because Istanbul didn't win the bid for hosting the Olympic games. Then the 2005 Final was as much as I know more of a consolation for them.

Now face to Bucharest let's put in mind that Istanbul has the stadiums to host C.L. matches and they are decent for the NT to play starting with Fener's 5 star stadium continuing with Besiktas Inonu where Besiktas can play also in C.L. and Galatasaray's new project that will probably beat Fener's in quality.

Not the same thing can be said about Bucharest where only Steaua from the 3 big clubs can play in C.L. while Dinamo's is a stadium more then 50 years old build in communist req's and Rapid's is built just before the Second World War in a better manner but it's just too old and the stands are starting to show serious weaknesses.

Now my example of Ataturk was simply the thing that they built a almost 80.000 seat stadium with the same money we are going to build our copy of Hamburg or Commerzbank arena...it's not the thing with the athletics track, if you can build with that money a 80.000 stadium with athletics track you can surely build a 70.000 with not athletics track or with just a bit more money.
My idea with the athletics track was not that I want the National to be for athletics but more but more because I desperately want to see all the other stadium with no such thing at all.

So practically Dinamo at least is destined to play all it's important Euro games that will attract spectators like with United or Lazio over there, then it would be Rapid or even other teams from the province like when Lens played in Saint Denis to beat Manchester United in front of a full Stade de France.

-----------------------

Separately, yeah the stadium kinda copies other stadium and the design is not VERY BAD but if we look better we see a lot of new stadiums that look alike these days, a lot of projects after Allianz Arena that looks like a toilet seat and my absolute favorite the Da Luz/Emirates style I like very much.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:06 PM   #128
mihai_alex

You're starting to annoy me.
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:42 PM   #129
PaulFCB
BANNED

Every body is "wrong,wrong,and WRONG" but the truth is this stadium will have no identity, it's just one of a bunch of stadiums especially in Germany just like Cracovia said, designed by the same people from HSV Arena, Commerzbank to the new Hoffenheim.
I don't know where you see the darn distance of the stands from the pitch unless you're watching another sport not called football that has another pitch size:

Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:37 AM   #130
michał_

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the Gunner View Post
Every body is "wrong,wrong,and WRONG" but the truth is this stadium will have no identity, it's just one of a bunch of stadiums especially in Germany just like Cracovia said, designed by the same people from HSV Arena, Commerzbank to the new Hoffenheim.
Actually not at all.

1. The identity thing is your personal opinion only - to me it'll have a lot more identity than some stadiums that try to resemble Allianz but change some details to try and pretend any originality. It will also have more class than most contemporary "circuses" glittering in any way they can. Of course it will have some specifics of the architects and engineers, it's not meant to set the best of the best standards, I don't think Romania (or Poland as well with Warsaw's stadium) could afford to build something way beyond what we already know. That's that.

2. HSV Arena was designed by different people, so was Hoffenheim. (although I think HSV had same engineers with Frankfurt - which doesn't change much). I was actually surprised to see anyone point out Hamburg (would agree with Frankfurt). Waiting for Hannover then ...
I also find it funny for people to mix Warsaw in. Waiting for Cape Town then. If we start comparing interior we will have just one conclusion: the structure of stands worldwide is becoming more and more unified because of just several "optimum" settings for those. And that's no shame to any stadium if you asked me. We cannot blame a stadium for being a stadium and if these combinations of tiers and corporate are optimal, I see no wonder why people use them. Same goes with membrane roofs which are seen as a lot safer than other types (depending on climate of course). Moreover: I think every stadium by GMP/JSK with SBP has its identity. Those who think they've discovered something by noticing numerous similarities are sometimes becoming just childish with the "just a copy" theme. you could say that about absolutely every company designing stadiums, whether it's HOK, HKS, Lamela, not excluding Herzog and de Meuron. And not counting in the offices that have designed one or two stadiums only...

Last edited by michał_; February 2nd, 2009 at 01:43 AM.
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 06:47 AM   #131
mihai_alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFCB View Post
I don't know where you see the darn distance of the stands from the pitch unless you're watching another sport not called football that has another pitch size:

It has nothing to do with HSV Arena,even the constructor said it's after the Commerzbank-Arena,he also said the stands will be closer in our version,and the atmosphere will be much better.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:18 AM   #132
PaulFCB
BANNED

How much closer do you want them? Built on the pitch?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 12:11 PM   #133
mihai_alex

Quote:
How much closer do you want them? Built on the pitch?
I was quoting the constructor! maybe he''ll change the curvature of the stands and make the side line straighter,that didn't cross your mind?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM   #134
PaulFCB
BANNED

It looks pretty damn close to me over there in the picture
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM   #135
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 1899

just the corners at Frankfurt are close (7,5m), because the stands aren paralel to the pitch.

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:47 PM   #136
mihai_alex

Quote:
It looks pretty damn close to me over there in the picture
Learn to read.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:27 PM   #137
PaulFCB
BANNED

I don't see nothing definite in what you said, you quoted nobody at all, you just said something that looks more like you're simple opinion maybe he said something like that, maybe not...
As you can see the new stadium are not built with the first seats right next to ground like old english stands and Commerbank has nothing less then what most of the new stadiums have, apart from that there are some rules that say there has to be a minimum distance from the first seats to the pitch for ambulances and other things.
And when you tried to explain the distance you're picture was made at a American Football match not a Football match as you can clearly see there the difference between the picture you posted and mine where the pitch is prepared for normal Football.

PS: Please don't try to reply if you don't have anything to say linked to the subject, keep them for you or talk to the walls.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:33 PM   #138
mihai_alex

Ma dobitocule,crezi ca eu nu stiu despre ce vb?nu mai comenta la ce scriu,ok?sa fii sanatos.
N-am incercat sa explic nimic cu poza aia,dar esti prea prost sa realizezi ca aia era doar ca sa prezint stadionul.

Last edited by mihai_alex; February 2nd, 2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:27 AM   #139
renco
Grad heroj

Likes (Received): 10

out of arguments
renco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:17 AM   #140
mihai_alex

Actually out of patience with stupidity.

Tags
bucharest, romania, soccer