daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > North Africa > Egypt > Construction, infrastructure & development > Projects & Construction | المشاريع الانشائية > Alexandria, The North Coast & The Nile Delta

Old June 6th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #41
the_egyptian
SSC Certified

Likes (Received): 0

WOW
The project is a long-term plan as abdo said. A plan that will shift the whole of Alexandria into a completely new world, not only the waterfront.

--- BeLIEve Me ---

Visit Egyptian Forum Now

We achieved the Impossible. Let's build Egypt.
the_egyptian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #42
eskandarany
من المحيــط إلىٰ الخليــج

Likes (Received): 46

so no more fishing in the alexandria harbour i assume? or would there be a new fishing port on the new island?
also what about the slums on the south side of alex, any money going to be spent there? if you visit somewhere like baccus this kind of plan seems extravagant.
i think the corniche tram is an excellent idea though, and about time. a 10 year old could have thought of that.

███████████
███████████
███████████

لَكِ يا مَصرُ السَّلامة | وَســـلاماً يا بـــلادِى | إنْ رَمىٰ الدَّهرُ سِهامَه | أتَّقِيـها بِفُؤادِى
واسْلَمِى فِى كُلِّ حِين
eskandarany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #43
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 777

did you see this?

and light grey lines here

?

You can already see people fishing today in similar places along the coast. you don't have to go to an unsafe place like standing on those big square rocks to fish although they will still remain there and people will fish there but there going to be places for fish I think that one main idea why this called a Harbour. also you can hire a boat and go fish. and as far as I know there is a club for fishing in Egypt so no worries about that.

and yes I do agree tram would be a very nice idea I just hope it doesn't make the pavement there less wide as at last they expanded it (not all along the coast but...)

and yes these should be some mega projects on these south areas but don't you think they should start with these infrastructure first? currently they reconstructing the whole Alexandria's roads and pavement they making them safer and greener, and I am not sure about the south but I did hear these reconstruction or renovations proses have been already applied in lots those areas too. as have saw construction for roads and other systems and networks in places nearby Alexandria right in the desert which mean they should have plans for Alexandria before these places so I am quite optimistic about these places.

and Yes I remember passing by bacus in the tram I have to say it's the worth station. and places like mu7aram beh they have potentials but need alot of work imo.

- "I put "thobe" as my email password, but Gmail said it wasn't long enough."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her shower naked."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her wear make up under her niqab."
- "Can't stop thinking about those forearms I saw by accident."
- "Downloading the new "Angry Beards""
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #44
eskandarany

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAbd0o View Post
did you see this?

and light grey lines here

?

You can already see people fishing today in similar places along the coast. you don't have to go to an unsafe place like standing on those big square rocks to fish although they will still remain there and people will fish there but there going to be places for fish I think that one main idea why this called a Harbour. also you can hire a boat and go fish. and as far as I know there is a club for fishing in Egypt so no worries about that.

and yes I do agree tram would be a very nice idea I just hope it doesn't make the pavement there less wide as at last they expanded it (not all along the coast but...)

and yes these should be some mega projects on these south areas but don't you think they should start with these infrastructure first? currently they reconstructing the whole Alexandria's roads and pavement they making them safer and greener, and I am not sure about the south but I did hear these reconstruction or renovations proses have been already applied in lots those areas too. as have saw construction for roads and other systems and networks in places nearby Alexandria right in the desert which mean they should have plans for Alexandria before these places so I am quite optimistic about these places.

and Yes I remember passing by bacus in the tram I have to say it's the worth station. and places like mu7aram beh they have potentials but need alot of work imo.
there are two reasons to be concerned about the fishing boats;
1/ closing the harbour completely could affect the ecology
2/ more importantly these drawings would prob be for 'marinas' i.e. rich people's boats bc they would pay for it. there should be a fishing harbour where they can drag their boats up to a fish market, so that the fishing boats stay next to the fortress as theyve done for centuries now.

███████████
███████████
███████████

لَكِ يا مَصرُ السَّلامة | وَســـلاماً يا بـــلادِى | إنْ رَمىٰ الدَّهرُ سِهامَه | أتَّقِيـها بِفُؤادِى
واسْلَمِى فِى كُلِّ حِين
Old June 8th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #45
eskandarany

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAbd0o View Post

many on the south side live in 3ashwa2iyyat without a proper paved main road even! cross the train line anywhere in alex (except smouha)

███████████
███████████
███████████

واسْلَمِى فِى كُلِّ حِين
Old June 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #46
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskandarany View Post
there are two reasons to be concerned about the fishing boats;
1/ closing the harbour completely could affect the ecology
2/ more importantly these drawings would prob be for 'marinas' i.e. rich people's boats bc they would pay for it. there should be a fishing harbour where they can drag their boats up to a fish market, so that the fishing boats stay next to the fortress as theyve done for centuries now.
Probably true. as far as I know there is a harbour for those export and import ships and the same harbour is used by ALOT! of Egyptian Fish men it's just the minority that you see fishing over these stones. and alot them just do it for entertaining a hobby. so Don't worry I am sure they going to take these people in consideration or people wont eat fish in Alexandria and complain I am sure Labib like eating fish too

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskandarany View Post
many on the south side live in 3ashwa2iyyat without a proper paved main road even! cross the train line anywhere in alex (except smouha)
I have been to these places and I know what you talking about it's very bad and shameful. But I am telling you some of these places I have been to they started adding road there as I told you labib said he want Alexandria to be the first Egyptian City with out 3ashwa2yeat, so it's matter of time and we should see some progress

Old June 10th, 2010, 02:56 AM   #47
eskandarany

of course under labib they've improved; but imagine if that kind of money was spent there? you'd end up with decent council housing which is what half of england is!

and i'm not talking about those fishing from the breakwater; i'm talking about the small fishing boats.

███████████
███████████
███████████

واسْلَمِى فِى كُلِّ حِين

Last edited by eskandarany; June 10th, 2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #48
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Guys Emaar is building this.

High praise for world's tallest tower

Quote:

Burj Khalifa scooped the top accolade at Cityscape Abu Dhabi, with judges praising the 828 meter tower in downtown Dubai as ‘truly iconic’.

The Burj, designed by SOM architects for developers Emaar, won best mixed use category just weeks after re-opening to the public following problems with its lifts.

As well as praising the world’s tallest tower, the judges also commended the development of downtown Dubai, which includes Dubai Mall and a range of commercial and residential units.

“This development encompasses everything good in a mixed use development - a pleasant commercial working environment, a range of excellent hospitality venues, world class shopping and a beautiful residential integration,” they said.

Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Gardens, in downtown Riyadh, picked up the award for sustainability, with judges anticipating the development’s influence on a generation of Saudis. They pointed to the role the site would have in “education for future generations about the importance of sustainability, as well as the sheer number of people it will attract to learn about this,”

Meanwhile, Emaar received the Cityscape architecture award for Best Urban Design and Master Planning for their framework plan for the Eastern Harbor in Alexandria, Egypt. Judges praised Emaar for its “integrated and coordinated approach”.
http://www.constructionweekonline.co...tallest-tower/

Old December 27th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #49
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Renders of other competitors.

Source: http://europaconcorsi.com/

Old December 27th, 2010, 12:58 AM   #50
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Sorry renders are up now

Old February 24th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #51
tifa

Likes (Received): 0

ya 3am da ay kalam! I always pass by there, nothing is going on (there is a part which belongs to the military or smth) ....
tifa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 03:58 PM   #52
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

تطوير الميناء الشرقي حلم كل السكندريين
الفنار واليخت الملكي يعيد الإسكندرية لخريطة السياحية العالمية

http://www.ahram.org.eg/Al-Ahram-Files/News/112256.aspx

Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:20 PM   #53
eskandarany

موافق بشرط يطوروا منطقة الصيادين وما يشيّدوش حيطان تحجب البحر يعني أيّ واحد ينزل جنب المراكب براحته
وإلا ما تستناش من الناس توافق

███████████
███████████
███████████

واسْلَمِى فِى كُلِّ حِين
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:14 AM   #54
I Know

Likes (Received): 4

this looks like a great project, is it under construction?
I Know no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #55
mohamedsaad

Likes (Received): 9

any news about this project ????
mohamedsaad no está en línea   Reply With Quote