daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM   #61
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm so glad I don't live in Lexington anymore. As you can see by the above poster, the city is not progressive at all....
Which above poster ?
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:47 AM   #62
Badchad

Likes (Received): 0

Dale... he's most likely talking about bribs03.

There are a lot of people in Lexington that don't like this project, but... most of these people also don't like the idea of growth outside of Man O War Blvd.(a major road that circles 3/4 of the entire city). I like the idea of Lexington growing UP, instead of out, a lot of people don't. We've actually been rated one of the worst un-friendly cities in the US to the environment... thisHerald leader proves that. And I love hearing people cry about losing the Dame, Mia's and that small antique shop, if people really think that there won't be new places to open that have a similar atmosphere than those places, that you obviously don't go out much.

This project has done nothing but plague the Herald leader of every fu**ing cry-baby in Lexington, when in reality, this is exactly what Lexington needs.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:55 AM   #63
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchad View Post
Dale... he's most likely talking about bribs03.

There are a lot of people in Lexington that don't like this project, but... most of these people also don't like the idea of growth outside of Man O War Blvd.(a major road that circles 3/4 of the entire city). I like the idea of Lexington growing UP, instead of out, a lot of people don't. We've actually been rated one of the worst un-friendly cities in the US to the environment... thisHerald leader proves that. And I love hearing people cry about losing the Dame, Mia's and that small antique shop, if people really think that there won't be new places to open that have a similar atmosphere than those places, that you obviously don't go out much.

This project has done nothing but plague the Herald leader of every fu**ing cry-baby in Lexington, when in reality, this is exactly what Lexington needs.
Amen.
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #64
madtony26.2

Likes (Received): 5

Credit to superflymike for putting his Centrepointe model in 3d Warehouse.

The other models are mine. Rendered in Google Sketchup with Podium.

I can render some more angles if anyone has a specific request.
madtony26.2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #65
Dale

Does it really have that much glass ?
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #66
madtony26.2

I don't think so. The trim around the windows may be a little wider. The bottom section will have a lot less glass to look more inviting. There are also awnings around the entire outside of the first floor.

from the CentrePointe site: http://www.cptlex.com/images/ou_vineandupper.jpg
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:23 PM   #67
Dale

Okay, I see now. Also, I understand there is talk of the top being pointer. Perhaps that would acount for the increasing height from 406' to 445' ?
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM   #68
madtony26.2

Perhaps. I'd like to see the newest design, if mike's model isn't the most up to date.
Old October 1st, 2008, 04:15 AM   #69
madtony26.2

Posted by Lexcity in the southeast development news thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexcity View Post
Here are a couple of photos I took from the Lexington Financial Center parking garage of the demolition today.

Old October 10th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #70
madtony26.2

Some more photos from Lexcity:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexcity View Post
Here are some pictures from today, not much difference, they just have more cleared away. Looks like they are about ready for excavation.

Old October 12th, 2008, 09:55 AM   #71
Beware

Likes (Received): 13

I'm SO envious about this project!
Beware no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #72
madtony26.2

There is talk of a new spire design for the building.

If this is the newest design, then the tower will be significantly taller, and much taller than Lexington's current tallest.

This is from the bluegrass market review document...http://www.lanereport.com/reports/MarketReview2008.pdf
Old October 16th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #73
Beware

WOW!
Old October 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #74
mudvayneimn
Evry City Nds a Blk Box!

Likes (Received): 17

Congrats Lexi. I like the new design and hopefully everything will go through and you all won't have an uncertain future with this building like we are having with Museum Plaza.
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:42 AM   #75
madtony26.2

This could potentially be taller than the Aegon tower in Louisville.
Old October 17th, 2008, 04:09 AM   #76
mudvayneimn
Evry City Nds a Blk Box!

Likes (Received): 17

That would be nice but a jump in height from 445ft to over 550 ft would be pretty steep, especially for a building people weren't especially enthusiastic about. I just don't think many people that opposed this building in the first place would like to see it 140ft taller than Fifth Third. But all they have to do is break out the spire and Bam!
Old October 17th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #77
Dale

Maybe they could build a retractable spire. You know, spring it on the knuckle-draggers after the building has topped out, or something like that.
Old October 17th, 2008, 06:46 AM   #78
madtony26.2

Well.. it seams that a lot of the opposed in Lexington were concerned with it looking like a *****. So those people will at least be satisfied in that aspect of the design.

indeed. but.. taller is taller.

Lexington is lacking in terms of spires, and what better building to have a spire than the tallest building in the city? I think this is more asthetic for the design than a squat rooftop. Lexington needs a more elegant building, and a pointy spire will help a lot.
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:48 AM   #79
Beware

:: Are You serious, madtony? Someone, actually, thought THIS building looked like a *****? Never mind! I won't go there.
Old October 17th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #80
madtony26.2

I'm not joking. An example from this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribs03 View Post
this is the most horrible thing i have ever seen in my life. i feel as if you are all so uneducated on what this is doing to Lexington. one reply asked how Lexingtonians feel about this? we hate it. anyone who has any sort of pride for this city knows what a disastrous decision this is. the webb company has been so selfish and greedy with this whole project. they don't care about the individuality that lexington has. now this damn building is coming in for nothing. we don't need more hotels! the people of lexington are graciously renting their homes out to the attendees of the World Equestrian Games. our hotels currently sit half empty. how do they expect this hotel to magically do business and thrive? and that's another thing we don't have enough of, another over priced set of condos. how many do we already have? about 30. anyone that reads in lexington has seen the articles that business CEOs have written about trying to keep Lexington young and keep the graduates in this city. the way to do that? certainly NOT by building more over priced condos.

this building is also destroying almost every piece of nightlife worth anything. they are tearing down historical buildings to build a new building that looks phallic. yes, we all think this building looks like a *****. welcome to lexington, folks. home of the ***** hotel! come on in! .

i understand that this site is probably here to condone such monstrosities that are pointless, i don't really know. i came across this blog and had to join just to let you all know exactly how wrong you are about this building. it has inspired the largest grassroots movement in lexington's history. check out fayettealliance.com. read how they took back their conditional statement of support after the webb company behaved the way they did. read the barefoot and progressive blog that charts the court discussions and feelings of many of the lexingtonians. or check out Ace Weekly and read articles written by citizens of the city outraged by what is happening to our home.

THEN you can come on here and say this is a good idea and how amazing it will be for lexington. because all we see is crap. all we see is another empty building that bulldozed over places that we loved.
People are really using there imagination on this one. haha