daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 20th, 2008, 05:52 AM   #81
Beware

Likes (Received): 8

That's SO weird!

" BEWARE "

Beware no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old October 20th, 2008, 06:14 AM   #82
Ian604
Captain

Likes (Received): 5

In all fairness I have to point out that most of the opposition to this tower was not because people didnt want a skyscraper but it was more to do with the business practices of the developer leading up to the project.

That being said when people are opposed to something for one thing they'll find ten other reasons to oppose it as well, and thats where the whole "***** tower" thing came from.
Old October 20th, 2008, 06:26 AM   #83
Beware

Interesting!

" BEWARE "

Beware no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:12 AM   #84
madtony26.2

Likes (Received): 1

CentrePointe Lexington:

After a few days work, I've finished my intrerpretation. The model is pretty good, please excuse some of my bad texturing. For the bottom, I borrowed a lot of the textures from their renders of the bottom section.. so it is realistic looking.

This one is looking from around the new courthouses.

Looking from around across main street.

Looking from around across vine street.

And one with the rest of the city (with some poor textures, some with errors in sketchup)

It should be up on google earth if you have downloaded the network link. And 3d warehouse as well.

My model uses the new tiny rendering as a reference, It is also about 560' to the tip of the spire.
madtony26.2 no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #85
Beware

AWESOME!

" BEWARE "

Beware no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #86
RON-E

Likes (Received): 23

nice model!
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:36 AM   #87
madtony26.2

Thanks!

Revisions on the design should be coming to an end soon, since they want to start work on the construction process soon.
Old October 31st, 2008, 10:01 PM   #88
madtony26.2

fresh article
http://www.kentucky.com/181/story/575340.html

And here is the new render again..

CentrePointe construction on track
Webb says look to be slightly different

By Beverly Fortune - bfortune@herald-leader.com
With the country on the brink of recession and money for construction projects drying up, the CentrePointe complex remains on track to start in December, although with a slightly different look, developer Dudley Webb says.

Even with a looming recession, Webb said Thursday that he did not anticipate the hotel and condominium project's being affected. "Remember we're looking 25 to 30 months out for completion," he said. "And by then, if the economy stays with traditional cycles, it would have cycled through a recession and, hopefully, into recovery."

CentrePointe is being 100-percent equity-financed from an undisclosed source, and Webb said his equity partners have assured him "the money is on reserve and they are ready to go."

Slight changes have been made in the building's design, including adding a different top, reducing the base from four floors to three, altering some windows and increasing the width of loading dock doors.

"It's just some tweaking," Webb said of the changes. "It's going to look basically the same except for a different cap." Changes were made after peer review of the design by several architects.

The proposed changes will be filed Friday with Billy Van Pelt, staff administrator for the Courthouse Area Design Review office. The project received the go-ahead to build in June from the courthouse review board.

"We're bringing in elements we've tweaked slightly to get them blessed," said Darby Turner, attorney for The Webb Companies.

The changes will be taken up by the board at its next meeting on Nov. 10.

Engineering has begun with core drillings completed on the west half of the block to be occupied by the 35-story J.W. Marriott. Drilling has halted until the demolition contractor has cleared out of the east half of the block, "which they're getting close to," Webb said.

The site will be excavated 30 feet below street level for a 600-plus space underground parking garage.

As for the core drilling, Webb said, "So far we're 45 feet down and still on solid rock."

Reach Beverly Fortune at (859) 231-3251 or 1-800-950-6397, Ext. 3251.

Last edited by madtony26.2; October 31st, 2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old November 1st, 2008, 01:45 AM   #89
Beware

" Let's get IT started! "

" BEWARE "

Beware no está en línea  
Old November 6th, 2008, 03:35 AM   #90
madtony26.2

Some new pictures from cartomanlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartomanlex View Post
Taken today

Old November 6th, 2008, 03:52 AM   #91
RON-E

i like the design with the crown much better! way to go lexington
Old November 6th, 2008, 04:52 AM   #92
madtony26.2

This project has a really tight timeline, so construction should happen pretty quickly. They want to have this thing done in less than 2 years.
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #93
RON-E

i just realized how big of a plot pf land that is! this is going to be massive, to bad its going to take away from the way the area looks now. those low rise historic structures are very nice
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #94
madtony26.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON-E View Post
i just realized how big of a plot pf land that is! this is going to be massive, to bad its going to take away from the way the area looks now. those low rise historic structures are very nice
I don't think it will take away from the lowrise look. The block before was sparse, and the architecture just didn't balance well. Building heights didn't match up, etc.

The structure will have a historic, low rise type base (of 3 stories, my rendering is a little off) to match the buildings in the surrounding blocks. I think it will go very well with the historic structures nearby! It will look better than some of the drab offices around it too.
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #95
gt7834a

Likes (Received): 0

It has at least one mid and high rise on all sides.
gt7834a no está en línea  
Old November 7th, 2008, 01:38 AM   #96
Beware

It's going to be AWESOME! Although the U.S. is in a recession, is there any (local) news about possible
" spinoff " developments nearby?

" BEWARE "

Beware no está en línea  
Old November 7th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #97
madtony26.2

Nope! Nothing else like this announced for Lexington. There is talk of some towers on top of the transit center, but this was intended decades ago and is still not really in the works.

There is Tax Increment Financing, which takes revenue from the project to pay for fixing up the areas around the building. They will use the money from that on neighboring the neighboring park, and to make some facades nearby look nicer.

Last edited by madtony26.2; November 7th, 2008 at 04:18 AM.
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:03 AM   #98
Beware

The national economy's in the toilet! Perhaps, after financial credit conditions improve Centrepointe will become a catalyst for further downtown renovations. Considering the state of the U.S. economy, Lexington's more fortunate than others to start a grand project. One of my (Peoria) Illinois hometown's largest employers, a medical center, just announced It was delaying the second phase of a $432 million dollar reconstruction at the advisement of it's investment bankers.

Regardless, I'm very happy for Lexington!

" BEWARE "

Beware no está en línea  
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #99
madtony26.2

CentrePointe doesn't depend so much on the economy. The developers have funding from a lot of private investors, and I don't think they are depending as much on sales ahead of time.

But yes, although nothing is really in the plans yet, they are hoping for the building to spark more downtown development.
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #100
Beware

GREAT for Lexington!

" BEWARE "

Last edited by Beware; November 7th, 2008 at 05:48 PM.
Beware no está en línea