daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:59 AM   #21
DemolitionDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,336
Likes (Received): 209

I have worked in numerous 3rd and 4th world countries and I have worked in Chile and believe me, Chile isn't a 3rd world country.

I would move back there in a nanosecond.
DemolitionDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #22
Living Large
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

Looks good enough for me to swim in third world fourth world or fith ******' world. I'll swim in that pool. Matter of fact I might plan my trip to chile for this summer.
Living Large no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 01:43 AM   #23
Mares de Morros_XXI
SubTropical lands
 
Mares de Morros_XXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: São Paulo-Brasil
Posts: 2,712
Likes (Received): 347

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbart089 View Post
Sry buddy but Chile is still a third world country, the most advanced in L.A. but still developing.
you are wrong!!
Mexico is a third country, not chile!!
and the pool is really nice!
Mares de Morros_XXI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 01:54 AM   #24
elbart089
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jalapa, Veracruz
Posts: 431
Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares de Morros_XXI View Post
you are wrong!!
Mexico is a third country, not chile!!
and the pool is really nice!
Why are you pissed? I wasn't attacking Chile I was just saying the truth, Mexico as well as Chile have a high Human Develepment Indexes, and as I said even though Chile as a small economy is will probably the first country in L.A. to reach first world standarts.
elbart089 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:23 AM   #25
goschio
proud Kuffar
 
goschio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ujerumani
Posts: 6,048
Likes (Received): 4202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booze View Post
Recycled sea water I'd say there's no such thing. If they desalinizate is totally unsustainable, and if they use salt water they'd still have to process it and heat it.
Its filtered sea water. Its still salty. Many pools by the sea use such water.
And I don't think they have to heat it because it a warm location. The ocean is cold because of cold upwelling currents.
__________________
Isaiah 28:2
Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:59 AM   #26
D.D.
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,410
Likes (Received): 39

thats pretty cool,
D.D. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 01:06 AM   #27
niqo_ff
Santiago no es chile.
 
niqo_ff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

you're wrong....chile is not a third world country...actually is the most advanced of L.A
__________________
Chile
niqo_ff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #28
Xpressway
Experto
 
Xpressway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,492
Likes (Received): 3982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podzol View Post
Just in front of the sea ... water is cold in Chile but sounds incredibly stupid and totally unsustainable ... but blond chicks looks happy canoing in there so ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotos View Post
All right i could understand having a couple of small pools in front of the hotel, but building a huge pool in front of the sea?sorry but i don't see any logic on that, anyway the building complex is quite nice though.
There's some hot blonde chicks in there

It's totally sustainable and the San Alfonso del Mar project has proven to be highly profitable

Water in that area isn't only cold, but harsh and some rocks, it's not like a family can go to the beach infront of the appartments and swim in the sea like if nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy2003 View Post
is this for public use or just for hotel guests ?
Just for appartment owners/rentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878EFC View Post
yes and probably using water that local people need, just so tourists do not get sand between their toes. unsustainable tourism.
It uses SEA water. I don't see how that can be unsustainable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booze View Post
Recycled sea water I'd say there's no such thing. If they desalinizate is totally unsustainable, and if they use salt water they'd still have to process it and heat it.

Anyway, the hotels are awful too :S The whole thing is totally as it seems to be settled on the ocean
It's just filtered water but it's still salty, and chemical developed by a chilean biochemist is added so you get the crystal clear colour, Chile's sea water is dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878EFC View Post
most of which locals won't see.
Locals do see improvements, Algarrobo (the city where this complex is located), has seen great improvements in infrastructure and services, although the town has experienced higher crime and traffic since 90's. Except for summer, winter vacations and national holidays, this town sits almost empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachen View Post
what the hell? some of you people act like chile is some blighted third world hole at the mercy of diabolical capitalists. maybe you didn't get the memo, but chile is a first world country, they dont have hordes of people struggling to get water, its an advanced and civilized state, complete with nice houses and a stable, healthy infrastructure. you can be forgiven this time as chile has only reached fully first world status in the last 5 or 10 years, so it'll take awhile for people to get used to it, but don't make the same mistake again.
I totally agree with this comment, except for the first world status, we still have to fix the horrible rich/poor gap, even the poorest chileans aren't starving or fighting for some water though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podzol View Post
whats the link ? this thing just looks totally crazy when you think of the actual ecological problems all over the world. just nothing to do with the fact that chile is an advanced state ... as a advanced state it should give the exemple.
Care to elaborate why this project brings more ecological problems than any other project on earth?


Most of the owners live in Santiago. Owning an appartment in here is very attractive not only because of the complex itself, but because its location and a great highway connection with Santiago.

I know all this because i have sneaked into this complex, nice girls .
Its got an aquarium, restaurant and many other attractions just for appartment owners. There's also an abandoned building that was meant to become a resort inside the complex, i dunno the status of it right now.

During the summer this pool gets really crowded


I recommend watching the Reuters video, it's accurate.
__________________
"Prices are important not because money is considered paramount but because prices are a fast and effective conveyor of information through a vast society in which fragmented knowledge must be coordinated."

Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Xpressway; June 11th, 2008 at 08:46 AM.
Xpressway no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #29
bioneng
HIRITARRA
 
bioneng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ni? Bilbokoa
Posts: 217
Likes (Received): 0

esto es una aberracion contra el sentido comun! no comprendo como los gobiernos permiten estos actos contra la natura!!! Esto es igual que como en España en Murcia que es donde menos precipitaciones reciven en todo el año de toda la peninsula iberica y oyes mira que curioso que es donde mas campos de golf existen!! Luego en Barcelona falta agua y pedimos a Francia que nos de agua!!! Somos la ostia solo digo eso!! Espero que nos pase algo duro y aver si nos damos cuenta de una P U T A vez que no podemos arrasar con todo lo que queramos!!!



Gora BILBAO eta bilbotarrak
bioneng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 12:09 AM   #30
stewartrama
the stoop- little jackie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 389
Likes (Received): 13

THAT POOL IS LARGER THAN THE WORLD TRADE CENTER SITE!!!
stewartrama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:13 AM   #31
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,265
Likes (Received): 96

Chile is anything but third world.
krudmonk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:27 AM   #32
iemanja
blah blah blah blah blah
 
iemanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares de Morros_XXI View Post
you are wrong!!
Mexico is a third country, not chile!!
and the pool is really nice!
Mexico and Chile are countries in development. There aren't 3rd world countries anymore because there isn't a 2nd world anymore.
iemanja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:30 AM   #33
iemanja
blah blah blah blah blah
 
iemanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbart089 View Post
Sry buddy but Chile is still a third world country, the most advanced in L.A. but still developing.
Chile is not the most advanced country in L.A

People have a wrong idea about Chile. Chile is growing, there are many positive points about the country, but that's all.

talking about the pool, it looks FABULOUS!!!
iemanja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:24 AM   #34
Dario
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 753
Likes (Received): 5

It's beautiful, but....

What should be the cost of maintenance every month?
Dario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:51 AM   #35
PwnedByASkyscraper
iPura Vida!
 
PwnedByASkyscraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Heredia
Posts: 344
Likes (Received): 4

I'd LOVE to swim in that
__________________
Lower Manhattan 70 Years Ago (IN COLOR!)

Paises Favoritas Que Yo Visite: United States, Costa Rica, Nederland, Espana, Deutschland

*All images I contribute to the site are from Flickr unless stated otherwise.
PwnedByASkyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2008, 11:00 AM   #36
hngcm
Registered User
 
hngcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,644
Likes (Received): 20

Don't see the point of it with the ocean RIGHT THERE but whatever...

Both Mexico and Chile are about the same level of development, and still considered "developing."
hngcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:58 AM   #37
guigotz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 173
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iemanja View Post
Chile is not the most advanced country in L.A

People have a wrong idea about Chile. Chile is growing, there are many positive points about the country, but that's all.

talking about the pool, it looks FABULOUS!!!
Have u ever gone to Chile darling?



Its impossible compare your Country (Brazil) with Chile....


If Chile is third World ..... but is such better than Brazil
__________________
A SMALL COUNTRY THAT PRODUCED SO MUCH.... PROUD TO BE PORTUGUESE!

Last edited by guigotz; June 23rd, 2008 at 04:08 AM.
guigotz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:43 PM   #38
Assemblage23
Übereinstimmend
 
Assemblage23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: GDL
Posts: 4,908
Likes (Received): 8098

I'm sure there was a reason to build such huge pool and if I had the chance, I'd love to swim in it.

But what I don't understand is why some people here start arguing wether Chile is a developed country or not...this thread is about the largest swimming-pool in the world, but anyway!
Assemblage23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:24 PM   #39
philadweller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,281
Likes (Received): 16

The Pacific has to be the most univiting ocean in the world. It is cold, dangerous and is the happy home to the humboldt squid and great white shark.

Why would anything have to be done to the salt water? People do swim in the sea.
philadweller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:47 AM   #40
CanudosWar
Troublemaker
 
CanudosWar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salvador da Bahia,Brasil
Posts: 2,241
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guigotz View Post
Have u ever gone to Chile darling?
Its impossible compare your Country (Brazil) with Chile....
If Chile is third World ..... but is such better than Brazil
Are you stupid or what?did you see her comparing Brazil with Chile?
as I can remember you're that frustrated guy that received a suspension in the brazilian forum for saying a lot of bullsh*t.Since you're a proud ""portuguese""()stick to Europe and stfu,will ya?
__________________
"O mal da ignorância é que vai adquirindo confiança à medida que se prolonga."

Last edited by CanudosWar; June 24th, 2008 at 04:07 AM.
CanudosWar no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu