daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Urban Planning

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 31st, 2008, 04:16 AM   #121
[dx]
Ahead of the Curve

Likes (Received): 402

Photo by tonytones

Sponsored Links

Old December 31st, 2008, 08:03 AM   #122
tonight

Likes (Received): 25

ALL AROUND THE WORLD CELEBRATES TONIGHT

From SSC-Iligan City
tonight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:37 AM   #123
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Likes (Received): 261

Revamped the Welcome to SSC-Philippines thread. No need to add your name after you copy and paste the long list of forumers. I've also included a poll to see which part of the globe our members are from.
Old January 1st, 2009, 08:27 AM   #124
Taz08
Spikertaz08

Likes (Received): 18

Old January 11th, 2009, 04:54 AM   #125
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Likes (Received): 261

Good Day SSCers!

Here is the information necessary for ordering the SSC National T-shirt:

Ordering - Manila, Philippine Domestic and Overseas
  • You may send your payment through Western Union or for the Philippines, either in ML Lhuiller Kwarta Padala or Cebuana Lhuiller. The recipient information will go as follows:
Name: Bernardo Muerong Arellano III
Address: Unit 16C, Kingswood Condominium, Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City, Philippines
Telephone Number: +63(921)2155266
  • Upon sending, please PM/YM/or SMS me the details of your name, address and most importantly your MCTN or the shipping/tracking number.
  • For Metro Manila orders, you may also pay directly/personally to me (HabagatCentral1) but you may have to contact me before 21 January 2008 since I'll be leaving for Iloilo and will be there for 2 weeks.
  • Deadline for purchasing for the first batch would be at February 10, 2008.
Distribution and Shipping
  • For Metro Manila and suburb orders, you have two options:
  • First: You may claim it personally through me in which it would not incur additional shipping costs. Please do contact me or send me a PM/YM/SMS for claiming your shirt. Otherwise, we will be announcing the date when you can claim your shirts in one meet.
  • Second: For special requests or delivery, we may send in your order directly to your doorstep with additional shipping cost. For Manila orders, shipping cost may have an additional P115 and for Luzon P120.
  • For Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao Shipping:
  • We would like to suggest that the SSCers of Luzon and especially Visayas and Mindanao would agree on one contact person who will be responsible distributing the t-shirts in their locality so that we could send the shirt in bulk...this way it will be more affordable to ship the said t-shirts to any destination in the Philippines.
  • Please do have an agreed assigned representative from your locality by 31 January 2008.
  • Please do send me a PM of your personal information, delivery address and contact number through PM of the said assigned representative.
  • Possible rate may be PhP50 to PhP80 but may be reduced if the orders would increase in your locality, so start informing other forumers there and encourage them to take part of this project.
  • For Overseas Shipping:
  • Standard shipping rates apply either through FedEx or DHL.
Distribution:
  • For Greater Metro Manila area orders, we will be announcing when will be the date to claim your t-shirts personally.
  • For Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao orders, you may claim your tshirts from your designated representative.
  • Possible delivery of the t-shirts would be from a week to two weeks after deadline, so most probably we will have our tshirts by mid or late February.

For more questions, suggestions or comments, please feel free to send me a private message/PM.

Also, for interested parties who want to order, please add up your name on the list so that we could have a complete list of how many will be ordering.

Thanks and mabuhay po tayong lahat!

=====================================

Please check out this thread for more details and information.
Old February 17th, 2009, 06:31 AM   #126
venntro

Likes (Received): 0

Apayao seeks consultation before investors' entry

WHILE the province of Apayao may be open to the entry of companies wanting to utilize it's natural resources, this should not serve as a signal for them to bypass the process of consultation with the local government units.

Apayao Governor Elias Bulut Sr. said the province is not as strict in the entry of investors in the locality, but emphasized the local government should be informed first.

Specifically, Bulut said the province does not prohibit the entry of logging and mining firms.

He, however, stressed that whatever company applies for either mining or logging permit must consult local government officials first for their approval.

The governor earlier raised allegations the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) in the region issued a permit to a logging firm without the Provincial Government's knowledge, an allegation denied by the DENR.

Bulut's concern reached the Regional Development Council.

The DENR, meanwhile, said Bulut's fears were unfounded, adding the agency has not issued any logging permit, aside from the company that has the existing logging license, which is currently recognized by the Provincial Government.

"We are not asking the DENR not to issue permits. What we only ask them is to let us be informed first on applications and allow us to decide if we should allow the company applying or not," Governor Bulut said.

Investments to the province are seen to spur economic development of Apayao. "But we want that the activities of the companies must be regulated. We do not want the unwise use of our resources," he added.

Last month, the Provincial Government organized the Apayao provincial task force against illegal logging, illegal hunting, and unauthorized fishing to protect its natural resources. (Jane Cadalig)
venntro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 01:46 AM   #127
venntro

PNP euro general named Cordillera Administrative Region chief
By Cecille Suerte Felipe Updated February 23, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Philippine National Police officials have appointed to a top regional post a PNP officer who was linked to the alleged illegal release of 105,000 euros or P6.9 million that was seized by Russian authorities from retired police comptroller Director Eliseo de la Paz in a Moscow airport last October.

Chief Superintendent Orlando Pestaño, director of the PNP Finance Service, was designated yesterday as regional director of the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR).

Pestaño replaced Chief Superintendent Eugene Martin, who was earlier designated as chief of the PNP Directorate for Intelligence replacing Director Dante Ferrer who retired last week upon reaching the mandatory retirement age of 56. The STAR tried to contact Pestaño but to no avail.

PNP spokesman Chief Superintendent Nicanor Bartolome said the case against De la Paz, Pestaño and the other police officials linked to release of the euros is now at the Office of the Ombudsman and pending the result of the investigation, there is no law that prohibits the PNP from appointing officers to certain positions.

“The case is now with the Office of the Ombudsman and pending their findings, there is no prohibition in appointing police officers (to certain positions),” Bartolome told The STAR.

The PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) had forwarded all its records on the investigation on the De la Paz and the so-called “euro generals” to the Ombudsman.

De la Paz and his wife were held at a Moscow airport on Oct. 11, 2008 for carrying the undeclared euros, after they attended the 77th International Police (Interpol) General Assembly in St. Petersburg, Russia.

The other police officials in the PNP delegation to the Interpol meeting were Deputy Directors General Emmanuel Carta, Ismael Rafanan, Directors Romeo Ricardo, Silverio Alarcio, German Doria and Jaime Caringal, and Superintendent Elmer Pelobello, the aide of the delegation.

De la Paz and his wife were questioned at an airport in Moscow for carrying undeclared excess cash and during investigation by the PNP, Senate and the House of Representatives it was learned the money was released illegally from the PNP intelligence fund.

The PNP reported that Pestaño was the police officer who went to see De la Paz to confirm the latter’s request for P10 million for the allowance of the PNP delegation to 77th Interpol General Assembly in St. Petersburg.

Pestaño later gave the clearance to Superintendent Samuel Rodriguez, disbursing officer of the 14th Finance Service Office, to release the money.

Records showed that on Sept. 26, Senior Superintendent Tomas Rentoy III, chief of the Budget Division of Comptroller, was called by Rodriguez and was told that the PNP delegates to the Interpol need P10 million.

Rentoy claimed that the Notice of Fund Availability (NFA) had not yet been issued. Hence, there was an urgency that funds should be made available via cash advance so that the plane tickets could be paid and other requirements of the PNP delegation could be prepared.

Last month, De la Paz’s lawyer Noel Malaya claimed that the Russian government had already cleared his client and his wife of any criminal intent when they failed to declare the euros in their possession.

Malaya also noted that the 105,000 euros has been released by Moscow to the account of De la Paz’s Russian lawyer based in the capital.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 08:08 AM   #128
venntro

Green Financing offered to organic Benguet farmers

BENGUET vegetable farmers have made headway in organic agriculture practice with its vision to make Benguet the Organic Food Bowl in Asia.

The La Trinidad Organic Practitioners (Latop) Multi-Purpose Cooperative will give the province a jump start for the future as they received loans through the Green Financing component of the project: Upscaling Organic Vegetable Production in Metro Benguet and Baguio, funded by the Philippine Australia Community Assistance Program (Pacap) and the Foundation for Sustainable Society Incorporated (FSSI) through the Jaime V. Ongpin Foundation Inc. (JVOFI).

The Green Financing assistance is a credit facility that will provide Latop members P25,000 in loans to be used for the construction of organic farming structures such as greenhouses, compost sheds, nurseries and packing areas to improve organic farming production.

To date, 51 LaTOP farmers have availed of the Green Financing loan from both the Pacap and FSSI Project.

JVOFI Executive Director Marichu Lopez said this project for LaTOP would serve as model for the country's agricultural industry. He added that Green Financing is something new to be implemented in the agriculture scene.

She said the project not only responds to poverty reduction in Benguet, but would also address the concerns on environment and health.

Both Pacap and FSSI conform with the vision of JVOFI to promote the production of organic fertilizers for small farmers to minimize their dependence on chemical fertilizers.

Benguet Governor Nestor Fongwan also shares the belief of JVOFI and Latop farmers that going back to the basics through organic farming will provide people with healthier food and will address the problem of the spiralling cost of petroleum-based fertilizers.

JVOFI's Ecological Enhancement Manager Rhoda Fe Buenavista said food security begins in the farming communities, but added that farmers have to know many things before going fully organic.

She stressed farmers must first know the techniques of proper management of soils and nutrients. This is where JVOFI comes in through the "Upscaling Organic Farming in Metro Baguio and Benguet.”

LaTOP members are continuously undergoing training and seminars on organic farming through the capacity building component of the project. LaTOP producers are expected to train more farmers to become organic practitioners.

Through the information and education campaign on organic farming, the organic demo farm modeling aims to establish organic demo farms in Benguet.

Buenavista added, aside from being friendly to the environment and health, organic farming would help rehabilitate and restore the fertility of the soil.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:27 AM   #129
venntro

‘Bahag Pulis’ debuts in Panagbenga
03/01/2009 | 02:09 PM

BAGUIO CITY, Philippines – Dancing cops? How about cops in G-strings?

A number of “bahag pulis” were the toast of the town Sunday as they participated in the annual Panagbenga Festival in this mountain city in northern Philippines.

The audience, estimated to be at about 150,000, cheered when the “bahag pulis” paraded beside the Transformation Torch float of the Philippine National Police-Cordillera.

"We are testing their acceptance to the community," said former Cordillera Police Chief Superintendent Eugene Martin, who conceptualized the “bahag pulis.”

The “bahag pulis” are members of the Tourist-Oriented Police, Community-Oriented Police (Topcop). The Topcop are the police officers assigned in the tourist areas of the region like Banaue, Sagada and Bontoc.

The float, designed by Martin and assembled entirely of shasta daisies, chrysanthemum, calla lilies and other flowers at the Benguet State University, has a large PNP cap and the transformation torch in front and the Procor seal in the middle.

The transformation program is part of PNP chief Director General Jesus Verzosa's nine-point agenda aimed at professionalizing the police service. - GMANews.TV
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:59 AM   #130
venntro

Record crowd joins Baguio's Panagbenga '09 fest
By Kristine Servando, abs-cbnNEWS.com | 03/02/2009 2:53 PM

It is always a treat to come home to Baguio City, especially during the Panagbenga season, because there is always something new in store for you. As soon as I hopped on a bus bound for Baguio after work, and saw the long lines of "chance passengers" and the harried ticket sellers, I knew that I wasn't the only one excited to go.

This year, owing to the fact that it is Baguio's Centennial year, the festival drew a record number of people, coming from as far away as Surigao, Mindanao to Vallejo, California (the sister city of Baguio). News reports intially tagged the number of expected guests at 50,000 but it reached 300,000 or more, based on official police estimates. No small wonder that this year's Panagbenga theme is "Our Festival, Yours Too."

My mother tells me that the Panagbenga Flower Festival, a Kankanaey term for "season of blossoming", was conceptualized as a way to help rebuild Baguio after it was shattered by the 1991 earthquake. Sort of a morale boost for the people of Baguio whose lives were shattered as well. Over the years, it has evolved into a tremendous tourist attraction.

I was amazed and overwhelmed by the sheer number of people who squeezed into the sidewalks of Session road (or climbed
on top of buildings), and other roads leading up to Athletic Bowl, where the parades ended, just to get a good view of the the two major parades held over the weekend. People went to great lengths, including waking up at 4 a.m., just to secure a good spot close to the road

All the hotels, inns, and transient houses were full. Anyone who couldn't find any lodgings actually camped in tents at Burnham Park or slept on makeshift beds inside jeepneys or vegetable trucks. Restaurants and shops, especially SM City Baguio, were brimming with people. Street vendors had brisk business, peddling everything from "strawberry taho" to buttered corn to sunglasses to cellphone load to silver jewelry.

In both instances, watching the Streetdance Competition on Saturday and the Float Parade on Sunday, I had to jostle my way through the crowds, angering many people along the way. It was like walking through a big, hot, hostile pool of oatmeal. In all my years growing up in Baguio and visiting during tourist peaks, I have never seen Baguio this full of people.

There were so many people that in the end, local TV networks like ABS-CBN Baguio appealed to viewers to just stay at home and watch the live coverage of the event instead of adding to the already swelling crowd. I have to give all these people credit, though, for braving the intense morning and noon heat and the likely possibility of fainting, just to see a view partially obscured by other people's heads.

The parades were lovely, full of vibrant colored costumes and props that looked wonderful against the clear china blue sky. The streetdancers
were energetic, clad in glittery costumes or body paint, carrying giant paper leaves and sunflowers. Some were dressed in bahags, the native attire, and danced to a chorus of gongs. Even some policemen, who dutifully marshalled the crowd, were wearing bahags along with their police uniform.

The 28 floats were bursting with plants and flowers, mostly Everlasting, in all colors of the rainbow. Marching bands continuously played popular tunes, including the ever-present Panagbenga Festival hymn composed by Macario Fronda. There were even surprise celebrity appearances from Kim Chiu, Gerald Anderson, Ogie Alcasid, Wilma Doesn't, and my favorite, Jollibee.

I interviewed many people in the crowd, both tourists and locals, and many of them said that a glimpse of any of those beautiful performances and flowery floats would make any inconvenience (bruised toes, annoyance, or forgone trips to the bathroom) worth it.

"Maganda, kakaiba sa panangin, nag-enjoy ako sa panonood although medyo masakit, mahirap, maraming tao, eh enjoy parin," said Gilbert dela Cruz from Mindoro, who said it was his first time to watch the Panagbenga parade.

Even with the economic crisis, no expense was spared by participants and organizers to make this year's Flower Fest a memorable one. One of the floats alone reportedly cost more than P200,000. Although some locals noted a slight decline in the number of flowers used in the parade this year, they said they were still impressed by the festivities.

After the crowd dispersed, and the last of the floats was dismantled, I suddenly felt sad about leaving again, because it seemed as if the weekend went by too quickly. The Panagbenga festival and Baguio Centennial celebrations are not over yet though, with a long list of activities on the Tourism Council's itinerary yet to come, including "Session Road in Bloom", a week-long street fair where Session road is closed off from cars, and crowds are free to sample food and souveniers from the region.

I left the city with a feeling of hope and joy that in one hundred years of its existence, and more than fourteen years of Panagbenga Flower Festivals, Baguio never seems to lose the energy to celebrate, even in times of hardship, and make everyone feel welcome. For me, and for many of Baguio's visitors, it always feels like home.
Old March 6th, 2009, 04:50 PM   #131
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

Likes (Received): 507

Safe bang daanan ang Halsema Highway?
Old March 11th, 2009, 03:59 AM   #132
venntro

P34.2-M marijuana destroyed in Cordillera
03/10/2009 | 07:59 PM

MANILA, Philippines — Anti-drug operatives in the Cordillera region destroyed some P34.2 million worth of marijuana plants in Kibungan town in Benguet province Tuesday.

Radio dzRH reported the burning followed four days of drug eradication operations by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and Police Regional Office-Cordillera.

Operatives destroyed 165,440 fully grown marijuana plants and 27,800 seedlings during the operations.

PDEA Cordillera spokeswoman Tessie Sarmiento said the eradication operations were conducted March 4 to 7 in 26 areas in Kibungan.

The Dangerous Drugs Board said the drugs destroyed were valued at P34.2 million. - GMANews.TV
Old March 21st, 2009, 01:27 AM   #133
Rodel

Likes (Received): 7

the road leading to Banaue in Ifugao...
Rodel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 09:05 PM   #134
leoleoleole

Something from my city...
leoleoleole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 09:14 PM   #135
leoleoleole

tower

leoleoleole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #136
Rodel

Likes (Received): 7

baguio city cathedral
Rodel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #137
hakz2007
Moderador

Likes (Received): 3607

FINAL RULING
SC: 16 municipalities can’t become cities

By Tetch Torres
INQUIRER.net
First Posted 14:38:00 05/07/2009

Filed Under: Local authorities, Judiciary (system of justice)

MANILA, Philippines – The Supreme Court has denied with finality appeals to reverse its ruling that declared as unconstitutional laws that converted 16 municipalities into cities.

Voting 6-5, the court voided the following Republic Acts: 9389 (Baybay City in Leyte), 9390 (Bogo City in Cebu), 9391 (Catbalogan City in Samar), 9392 (Tandag City in Surigao del Sur), 9393 (Lamitan City in Basilan), 9394 (Borongan City in Samar), 9398 (Tayabas City in Quezon), 9404 (Tabuk City in Kalinga), 9405 (Bayugan City in Agusan del Sur), 9407 (Batac City in Ilocos Norte), 9408 (Mati City in Davao Oriental), 9409 (Guihulngan City in Negros Oriental), 9434 (Cabadbaran City in Agusan del Norte), 9435 (El Salvador City in Misamis Oriental), 9436 (Carcar City in Cebu), and 9491 (Naga City in Cebu).

“In view of the denial of the second motion for reconsideration, no further pleadings shall be entertained. Let entry of judgment be made in due course,” the high court said in a three-page resolution.

The court had voided the said laws converting the municipalities into cities in a resolution dated November 18, 2008.

The court said the municipalities were not exempt from the income requirement for cities of P100 million.

The income requirement for cities was raised to P100 million from P20 million after Republic Act 9009 amended the Local Government Code. The laws converting the 16 municipalities into cities were passed after RA 9009 took effect.

The court said “limiting the exemption only to the 16 municipalities violates the requirement that the classification must apply to all similarly situated.”

The high court made the ruling following a petition by the League of Cities of the Philippines, saying a wholesale conversion of municipalities into cities would reduce the share of existing cities of the Internal Revenue Allotment (IRA).
hakz2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #138
808 state
--=AiNoKeA=--

Likes (Received): 534

DPWH jobs fair generates 29,000 jobs for workers

Public Works and Highways Secretary Hermogenes Ebdane yesterday announced that the DPWH Jobs Fair has already provided 29,000 jobs to displaced and/or idle Filipino workers all over the country.

A first in the history of the DPWH, the job fair project was launched only in February this year with the full support of President Arroyo and in cooperation with the Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) and the two associations of contractors of the country.

Secretary Ebdane said, “After only two months since we launched our jobs fair, we have already received more than 45,000 applicants in the various DPWH offices all over the country and out of these number, we have placed 29,000 in new jobs.”

“This is our modest contribution to battle global recession which has displaced many of our construction workers abroad,” Ebdane said.

The DPWH secretary added that, “I am very happy to be of help to our Filipino workers and I encourage more of our idle construction workers to apply in their nearest DPWH office in their areas. I assure you, those who will qualify will get good jobs.”

Of the 45,000 applicants, a high 63% have been hired. Currently, the bulk of hiring is in the Cordillera Autonomous Region and in Region 6, where mega projects of the DPWH are on-going.

Ebdane encourages more applicants in the Visayas, Mindanao, and Palawan areas, saying “we are launching mega projects in these areas soon. We will need good workers.

Our workers are as essential as the projects themselves in providing a better way of life for our countrymen, especially those in the far flung areas of our archipelago.”

Ebdane added that among the new and immediate mega projects to be launched by the DPWH are the Palawan Roads and Bridges project, and the Butuan Roads and Bridges project that aims to connect Agusan del Norte with Agusan del Sur.

Meanwhile, a Pump Priming forum initiated by the DPWH was held in Nueva Viscaya in line with President Arroyo's job generation program.The DPWH conducted the Pump Priming meeting among the contractors in Cagayan Valley region.

Ebdane said that majority of the funds needed in the DPWH Pump Priming Projects were already released and should be immediately implemented not only to generate employment but to improve the country's needed infrastructure facilities.

DPWH Region II Director Eugenio Pipo said that 60 percent of the DPWH 2009 budget for infrastructure is allotted for the Pump Priming Projects.

During the meeting, the contractors were informed that the DPWH Regional and District Offices will accept applicants and will report to them according to the needs of the contractors for hiring.

The contractors were also advised that although they have their permanent employees, they must employ at least 50 percent of their non-skilled work force from the locality to support the program.

A total of 30 representatives from various contractors from the based on Cagayan Valley Region attended the meeting.

ILOCOS NORTE - THE FIRST FULLY ISO-CERTIFIED PHILIPPINE PROVINCE

SSC Ilocos Norte
808 state no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #139
808 state
--=AiNoKeA=--

2,433 pass criminology licensure exam

MANILA, Philippines - The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) yesterday reported that less than half or only 2,433 passed out of 7,702 who took the Criminology Licensure Examination (CLE) four days ago.

The University of Cordillera got the highest passing rate among schools with over 100 examinees at 92 percent followed by University of Baguio and the University of La Sallete with 77 and 76 percent, respectively.

Among the schools with less than 100 examinees, Cordillera Career Development College and Northwestern University topped the list, both posting 63 percent passing rate, while Metro Manila College ranked second with 51 percent, according to the PRC.

Lipa City College, the University of Manila and the ICCT College Foundation were the top three schools with less than 50 examinees.

PRC said the registration for the issuance of Professional Identification Card (PRC ID) and Certificate of Registration will start on April 30.

Successful examinees were advised to personally register and sign the Roster of Registered Professionals.

The oath-taking ceremony of the successful examinees, as well as previous ones who took the CLE but have not taken their Oath of Professional, will be held on May 30 at the Centennial Hall of the Manila Hotel in Manila.

SSC Ilocos Norte
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:18 AM   #140
808 state
--=AiNoKeA=--

Abra enjoins Brigada Eskwela in Biodiversity Day celebration

Bangued, Abra (9 May) -- The Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (PENRO-Abra) has earlier made arrangements with the Department of Education officials in the province to enjoin the Brigada Eskwela in the celebration of the International Biological Diversity Day on May 22, 2009.

The move to involve the Brigada Eskwela was made in consideration of the need for more participation from the school community since May 22 falls on a summer vacation and there are no pupils and students to participate in the celebrations.. The Brigada Eskwela will already be working in the different schools in preparation for the school opening by then.

The celebration of the International Biodiversity Day aims to promote the concept of the "Green Wave Campaign". The Campaign aims to create awareness among pupils and students on the economic value of the trees and the contribution of these trees to the conservation and preservation of Mother Earth.

According to Frances Judith Centeno of the PENRO, the following activities will be undertaken to highlight the international celebration in Abra: On May 15, the NSTP students of the Divine Word College of Bangued under Mr. Gerardo Palcon will participate in tree planting at the Victoria Park on top of Casamata Hills in Bangued. On May 22, there will be a simultaneous watering of plants in the province. Also on that day, the students can log in and chat with students of other countries participating in the international biodiversity day celebration.

The Brigada Eskwela in the public schools will likewise participate in the simultaneous tree planting and watering of plants as well as in the information education campaign on the same day.

SSC Ilocos Norte