daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 8th, 2008, 06:27 PM   #1
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Likes (Received): 1616

PERTH | Capital Square | Sky Plaza | 100m+ | Pro | River Plaza | 150m | Com

still early news but Stage one of CAPITAL SQUARE is River Plaza which is the 150m residential building, then we have Stage two which is the latest proposal with a 200m+ office tower replacing the previous two 160m resi buildings proposed, which is the new glass building

River Plaza
~ 274 apartments, 150m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilaz89 View Post
went to the marketing centre today. One of the guys goes on on skyscrapercity and knew I was from there. He was very helpful and doesnt mind giving out info.

construction starts in january

model pics-

Sky Plaza ~ 200m+
Quote:
Originally Posted by perthgazer View Post
Building to right is 150m, which gives u an indication of height, guessing game begins!

Pics courtesy of jphlau

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
docker no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #2
[email protected]
Global Citizen

Likes (Received): 6367

Way better than the old design!
R@ptor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 05:20 AM   #3
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

and here's a link to the most recent thread for Capital Square in the WA section of OzScrapers

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=489495

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
Old March 9th, 2008, 05:51 AM   #4
MDguy

WOW! Its stunning! Perth's already great skyline's getting greater!
MDguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #5
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6533

nice project, will fit great in the skyline of perth i think
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 07:10 AM   #6
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

thanks to CUL

http://www.afr.com/home/viewer.aspx?...perty/feed.xml

Saville revamps Capital
10 Mar 2008 | The Australian Financial Review | Julie-anne Sprague

Property developer Saville Australia plans to seek council approval next month for a 60,000 square metre office building to stand along side its 274-apartment tower under construction at its Capital Square project in Perth's CBD.

It marks a major change from Saville's original plans to develop 1000 apartments across three towers on the 18,000 square metre site located in the west end of the city centre and formerly owned by West Point, which had similarly ambitious plans.

Saville's switch to the commercial market is in response to soaring rents across the city as a lack of supply has forced companies to pay up to $800 a square metre for office space. Property analysts have forecast city rents will reach $1000 a square metre this year.

However, Saville's development, which it is doing in conjunction with Babcock & Brown, will come on the heels of another six office towers under construction across the city.

The new developments, including the Bishops See tower within a stone's throw of Capital Square, will increase the amount of office space across the CBD by about 400,000 square metres, which represents a one-third increase on the existing CBD office space.

Should Saville's tower go ahead, it could be under construction within six months but it would not be completed for another three to five years, or as late as 2013.

Some property analysts have anticipated that the existing office developments under construction would help ease Perth's record low vacancy rates and provide some relief to soaring rents.

Saville sales and marketing director Peter Gianoli said there was enough demand for another new office development.

Mr Gianoli said that even if rents began to ease after 2011, the Capital Square project would still stack up.

"Even at $700 a square metre it becomes viable," he said.

Mr Gianoli, however, believes there is plenty of demand in the market as Perth businesses expand on the resources boom.

"If you look at the office buildings being built at the moment, they are all accounted for," he said.

Saville has started leasing discussions with a number of businesses with the aim of securing a pre-commitment covering at least 50 per cent of the 60,000 square metre project before proceeding with construction.

Last week, construction began on Saville's 274-apartment tower, which includes a 655 square metre $18 million penthouse yet to be sold.

Mr Gianoli said 240 apartments had been sold to date. He said Saville was negotiating the sale of the penthouse with three interested parties and expected the discussions to conclude before the end of the financial year. Mr Gianoli said Perth's apartment market remained strong. The tower, called River Plaza, was expected to be completed by 2011.

KEY POINTS

· Saville first planned three apartment towers on the site.

· Rising office rents in Perth encouraged it to change task.

· The new plan awaits approval.

Old March 10th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #7
Jonathan Lee
Sky Chaser

Likes (Received): 1

Sorry, which is the west end of the city? Is it King's Park end or the other end and where exactly will it be positioned in comparison to the others around it? I was in Perth a month ago so know where everything is but i'm just not sure which is East/West ect.

Thanks
Jonathan Lee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 06:01 AM   #8
AndyGM

Likes (Received): 2438

The west end is the Kings Park end. (The photo in the newspaper clipping above was taken from the park). The larger of the two buildings is right next to the freeway, above the entry to the pedestrian bridge over the freeway.
AndyGM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM   #9
Jonathan Lee
Sky Chaser

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGM View Post
The west end is the Kings Park end. (The photo in the newspaper clipping above was taken from the park). The larger of the two buildings is right next to the freeway, above the entry to the pedestrian bridge over the freeway.
Thanks,

I figured it out when i went home. My work computer blocks certain pics so couldnt see the Kings Park one. At least it will block the other 150 m monstocity from view when you are entering via the Highway
Jonathan Lee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #10
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Good news for Perth.. Like the design of river plaza, looks like a resort
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM   #11
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Quote:
Originally Posted by docker View Post

Old May 25th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #12
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

as of today

Old September 10th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #13
Auxodium
What a timeline we're in!

Likes (Received): 41

by the sounds of it the other 2 towers are back on the board and they will be a 31 and 18 level tower
Auxodium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2008, 03:10 AM   #14
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

the latest news is not looking good.

the river plaza site can not find a builder, and the sky plaza site is being sold off with two new towers to be built instead

the latest render for the sky plaza proposal.

Old November 19th, 2008, 03:12 AM   #15
LukaChile

Likes (Received): 2

Cool. I like Australia
LukaChile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2008, 03:47 AM   #16
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10144

i moved this to highrises since tallest bldg will be 150m.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:58 PM   #17
japanese001

Likes (Received): 707

japanese001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 04:36 AM   #18
Insane alex
Stockholm rules!

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanese001 View Post
PLEASE STOP BUMPING THREADS WITH SMILIES, JAPANESE!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=449245
Countries i've been to: Australia, Austria, Canada, Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Lichtenstein, Germany, The Netherlands, Latvia, Italy, UK, USA, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hong Kong.
Insane alex está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 04:52 AM   #19
deepblue01

Likes (Received): 66

His done that to a lot of threads now. Maybe its to increase his Posts count? Yes, its really annoying lol
deepblue01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote