daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:40 PM   #301
velvis

Likes (Received): 0

I think this will be one the most intriguing buildings JN has ever made. It will definitely underline his Pritzker-prize status.
Why would Paris want just another blobby organically-shaped or sculpturized tower (with or without nice patterns on its surface) ? In just a few years every major city will have a few. What do you mean . . . . modern ? If fact they are as non-descript as their miesian predecessors.
After the skyscrapers looking like gothic church towers from the turn of the 19/20th century; the boxes of the post war period and the sculptures of the turn of the 20/21th century, this one is really going to make a typology-shift.
Three worlds stacked upon each other; giving a glimpse of their different atmospheres back to the city by means of the huge colored voids.
No architectural exhibitionism anymore. Just a box ? No sir, no madam. A clear volume perfectly in proportion with la Grande Arche, but with intriguing, mysterious worlds high up in the sky, in scale with the distance of observation. Not a simple (or less simple) stacking of hundreds of identical (or slightly shifting) floors telling nothing about their individual existence but a speaking tower (and not a mumbling one). A baroque palace spreading out it's axes into the third dimension.

Needless to say that I sincerely hope that it will be built.
velvis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:53 PM   #302
Da3won
BANNED

I m sorry for Paris crapest skyscraper won . you will fall down from secund possision in Europe on the best skyline when it get build .
Da3won no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:35 PM   #303
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61199

velvis that's just a fantastic 1st post!
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:46 PM   #304
moustache
BANNED

Likes (Received): 706

ugly bulding for paris ...

Quote:
I think this will be one the most intriguing buildings JN has ever made. It will definitely underline his Pritzker-prize status.
Why would Paris want just another blobby organically-shaped or sculpturized tower (with or without nice patterns on its surface) ? In just a few years every major city will have a few. What do you mean . . . . modern ? If fact they are as non-descript as their miesian predecessors.
After the skyscrapers looking like gothic church towers from the turn of the 19/20th century; the boxes of the post war period and the sculptures of the turn of the 20/21th century, this one is really going to make a typology-shift.
Three worlds stacked upon each other; giving a glimpse of their different atmospheres back to the city by means of the huge colored voids.
No architectural exhibitionism anymore. Just a box ? No sir, no madam. A clear volume perfectly in proportion with la Grande Arche, but with intriguing, mysterious worlds high up in the sky, in scale with the distance of observation. Not a simple (or less simple) stacking of hundreds of identical (or slightly shifting) floors telling nothing about their individual existence but a speaking tower (and not a mumbling one). A baroque palace spreading out it's axes into the third dimension.

LOL

Last edited by moustache; June 2nd, 2008 at 10:52 PM.
moustache no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:59 AM   #305
skyboi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 77

This building is going to generate a lot of attention from now on ,it's a good thing for publicity , the more controversy it gets the more curiousity people will want to know and want to see it ...They should build it ,let's try new thing Paris as you always do
skyboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:47 AM   #306
Marquinho

Location: Bordeaux, Barcelona, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Madrid, Lisboa
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvis View Post

definitelly the best first post ever.

I personally agree with you 10000%
Marquinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:26 PM   #307
Arrrgh
Gouda's Glorie

Likes (Received): 1108

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvis View Post

Up to now you've only made 1 post, and it's absolutely brilliant.
Arrrgh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM   #308
velvis

Thanks for the compliments; I don't have time to contribute a lot to discussions like these, but this design is so inspiring.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:39 PM   #309
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5618

Don't compliment him too much guys, he's going to believe he's better than me at this rate.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:08 PM   #310
N0M
BANNED

LOL, velvis needs to get a clue. This building is horrible i really hope for Paris that it won't EVER be built. It's a great shame that crazy sci-fi nerds like Nouvel are taken seriously and given prizes and allowed to destroy the image of Paris. Hopefully the authorities will put an end to the madness. WTF is up with the red square, ugh!
N0M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:04 PM   #311
velvis

OK, NOM, like you I came in late in this discussion.
I tried to analyze my fascination for the JN design and put it into some fine lines as a contribution to this thread. You only seem to scream and shout.
Please come up with some arguments otherwise your scolding is pointless.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:28 PM   #312
Cyman

Likes (Received): 8

In the beginning I didn't like this proposal very much but the more I look at it, the more I like it and I hope it is getting built along with the Tours Hermitage. In five years the skyline at La Défense will be so different from now if all the new towers will be built by then! I always liked this area. By 2015 the Eiffel Tower will no longer be the tallest building in Paris (if you consider La Défense to be part of Paris knowing that officially it doesn't belong to it).
Cyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:52 PM   #313
remsboy

I'm happy!the signal is J.N!
remsboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:13 PM   #314
pierretoulouse
pierretoulouse

Likes (Received): 17

deleted

Last edited by pierretoulouse; June 5th, 2008 at 06:40 PM.
pierretoulouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:19 PM   #315
pierretoulouse
pierretoulouse

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0M View Post
LOL, velvis needs to get a clue. This building is horrible i really hope for Paris that it won't EVER be built. It's a great shame that crazy sci-fi nerds like Nouvel are taken seriously and given prizes and allowed to destroy the image of Paris. Hopefully the authorities will put an end to the madness. WTF is up with the red square, ugh!
No man, WTF is up with you, we already know that you don't like this tower so there is no need to keep going on about it and to be so aggressive. anyway that's all for me I don't want to start an OTHER argument.
Old June 5th, 2008, 05:58 AM   #316
skyboi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 77

There are three squares with differrent colors they are so beautiful ,Nom though that there's only one square ,that's why He's upset and to destroy Paris image ? oh no, not this J/N Tower tour Phare maybe ...
skyboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:58 AM   #317
koolkid

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0M View Post
Nouvel has done nothing but excellent works of art in New York. As for the building in Paris, it's not bad looking, I like it. Sometimes I wonder what kind of crack people are on before they post their comments. "Oh no, Paris is ruined", is a bit overboard. moronic, really...

Last edited by koolkid; June 5th, 2008 at 07:05 AM.
koolkid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #318
caserass
Normandie

Likes (Received): 5120

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkid View Post
Nouvel has done nothing but excellent works of art in New York. As for the building in Paris, it's not bad looking, I like it. Sometimes I wonder what kind of crack people are on before they post their comments. "Oh no, Paris is ruined", is a bit overboard. moronic, really...
lol

Especially when you think that the signal tower will be built in LA DEFENSE. It's, afterall, just a district where we can find plenty of building with the same design of the JN's tower

Image from skyscrapercity forum francophone. La défense several years later.
caserass no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #319
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

damn, that cluster will be awesome...more than that!!
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:28 PM   #320
el casanovas
Hourloupe

There's something about Nouvel. At first his buildings look kind of crappy but the more you look at them the more you like them. At least that's what happens to me, it also happened with the Agbar Tower.
el casanovas no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
la défense, paris, paris skyscrapers