daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 14th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #381
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5617

In this current design it is, apparently a new contest for a new design will be run.

Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #382
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Norman Foster design looks like federation tower with a shuttle rocket boost on it lol.
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #383
Abdy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Cancellation is confirmed on the News on TV on BFM TV (informed by Epad). It is said that there are not Investors. So goodbye Tour Signal.
Abdy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #384
Abdy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Can you delete it and cancel this thread. Jean Nouvel confirm he won't support it more ! (BFM TV)
Abdy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #385
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdy View Post
Can you delete it and cancel this thread. Jean Nouvel confirm he won't support it more ! (BFM TV)
Why would we delete the thread? The "canceled status" in the title is enough and the thread's full of valuable information that would be lost if deleted.

Anyway, now on topic, I don't like being too optimistic but Jean Nouvel denied the news that claimed the tower was canceled:

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/3919...e-retardee.php

For those who can read French.

Dans un premier temps, la présidente de l'Epad (l'établissement public d'aménagement de la Défense), Joëlle Ceccaldi-Raynaud, avait annoncé avoir reçu un courrier des Ateliers Nouvel l'informant qu'ils renonçaient au projet phare du quartier d'affaires, «faute d'investisseurs». «Il n'en est rien», a répondu l'architecte. «Il convient donc d'attendre un peu et de ne pas jeter le bébé Signal avec l'eau de la crise.»

So where do we stand now? I wouldn't be raising my hopes for this project but we can't say that Nouvel studios gave up on the project when they deny having canceled it.
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #386
Lola Crazy
Fan Of Victoria Justice

Likes (Received): 0

I don't mean to get upset but these towers look like SHIT! The developers must of been high on drugs or else they wouldn't plan buildings that are this weird!

Seriously whats worse is Paris building a tower that is taller than the Effiel Tower. That will be a sin!
Lola Crazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 07:39 AM   #387
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

when was this canceled?
Old May 7th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #388
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Crazy View Post
I don't mean to get upset but these towers look like SHIT! The developers must of been high on drugs or else they wouldn't plan buildings that are this weird!

Seriously whats worse is Paris building a tower that is taller than the Effiel Tower. That will be a sin!
I agree with you in the looks department.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #389
michaelII

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by qompass View Post
Nouvel should retire. His style is outdated and his projects becoming more and more surreal and unrealistic.

who are you to lecture the world about what's outdated and what's not?
especially after he designed wonderful pieces of architecture like tour verre in new york, this wonderful bath in le havre or other projects of the same quality ...
michaelII no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #390
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

I'm glad that it won't be build too. And its not like I'm against extreme designs. Just look at the below render. It shows perfectly how Tour Phare nicely fits the skyline (despite its uniqnes) and Signal doesn't.

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 12:14 AM   #391
michaelII

Likes (Received): 63

all those hysterical shapes of liebeskind and the others of this competition were created on a green desk without any respect of their surroundings. and the only referrence the architects made with those buildings are those to their own stylistic and formal language. they have nothing subtle they are just loud. you look at them for 1 time and you understood what it's all about. that's how those architects design buildings. people have to look at them for 1 time ... say wow how cool is that ... and that's what those buildings are all about. like a logo of some marketing department.
if you look at nouvels tower you'll realize that his tower speaks the language of this gate type building of la defense. formal and stylistic they speak the same language. it's not designed to be the primadonna, it's not designed to stand alone in a dessert with some heroic or excentric gesture like those other towers of the competition or this left one of your pic.
it's a shape like most others which forms a cluster with it's surroundings. especially with this gate building. and it has this special extra. it's interior which shines outside. wonderful spaces.
it's got very fine, very exact, very subtle details.
in vienna jean nouvel is building a small tower right now with such coloured ceilings and balkonies. just beautiful.

nouvel designed tour sans fins for this place. one of the best skyscrapers i can imagine.
a thin needle which starts nowwhere and ends nowwhere. what could be a better idea for a skyscraper? it's practicly nothing but if you look at it it's pure genius. i can't imagine that you can get closer to elegance than that.

now he tried to make a humble building which speaks the language of it's surrounding. + he added this expressive coloured spaces which shine through this very geometrical facade/bulding. again. it's practically nothing ... but if you look at it ... and especially if you are inside this building it would be spectacular. very good work.

Last edited by michaelII; May 30th, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
michaelII no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
la défense, paris, paris skyscrapers