daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 18th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #101
Sinhasan

Likes (Received): 0

Two propositions for Nouvel.
301m

370m
Sinhasan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2008, 03:14 AM   #102
vladorlando
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

I guess the Ferrier s projects will build but other ...50/50
Why ? Only russian company Hermitage have land in this district ( they got it in 2006 for 170 000 000 euros ) They anounced start in 2009 and end construction in 2012. Other winners should looking for this land now and could not to say about date of construction start.
vladorlando no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 04:40 AM   #103
Densaga

Likes (Received): 17

thanks for info .

2009 it's really near !

Wether Ferrier would win or not for Signal , this tower will be built.
Densaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:08 AM   #104
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

doesnt look bad but doest look that good either
Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 02:28 PM   #105
Densaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densaga View Post
thanks for info .

2009 it's really near !

From russian site :

March 12, 2008 at MIPIM in Cannes company Hermitage - a subsidiary structure Petersburg Stroimontazh "corporation" - presented Hermitage Towers - the highest in Europe multifunctional skyscrapers.

The project, proposed by the company for the Paris-quarter Hermitage La Défense, will be a unique occasion of France for the erection of high-altitude multifunctional complex, mainly for residential functions. The area in which the company is cast Hermitage Towers, located at the entrance to alcohol, almost on its frontier with the historical part of Paris, on the same line with the Louvre and the Triumphal Arch, on the banks of the Seine.
Hermitage Towers - it is 250 thousand Apt. Square meters on a plot of land 10 thousand Apt. meters. Hermitage Towers is a two towers of different heights, topped observation platforms. Towers associated with each design, suspended over spacious entry, form the Latin letter "H". After reaching a height of 309 meters, Hermitage Towers will be the ultimate multifunctional complex, erected in Western Europe.

Hermitage Towers holds an upmarket residential apartments, a prestigious Class A offices, a luxury hotel with 300 rooms (Jumeirah), shopping centre, restaurants and panoramic bar on the roof, a night club, the first in France panoramic SPA, Hanging Gardens, concert halls, roller skating , Center for Contemporary Art and many other places for recreation.
The tower will become an integral part of the entertainment infrastructure Defansa and important urban attractions of Paris.
Residents of the residential part of the towers will enjoy all the benefits of the complex. In particular, they will be available for high-tech complex engineering systems, service apartments, spas, gyms and other services (similar service hotel).

The same applies to the office part, users will also be able to use the services of restaurants, cafes, recreation, sports halls and other services.
According to draft a top floors of buildings put panoramic bars and restaurants. They will be open to all wishing to enjoy one of the most beautiful panoramas of Paris.
For Hermitage and the architect Jacques Ferrier greatest challenge project was multifunctionality connection with a luxury spaces and the need to integrate the building into the environment in accordance with all modern trends. Hermitage Towers concept is consistent with the standards HQE ® (Haute Qualité Environementale) and the American LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).

SUMMARY OF THE DRAFT
Draft Hermitage Towers presented in the form of two towers:
• A tower is part of a ground height of 76 floors (on the Seine - 309 meters);
• Tower B is part of a ground height of 66 floors (on the Seine - 264 feet).

The multifunctional complex, classified IGH post in myself:
• Trade and cultural zone in the floors -1 - +1;
• Offices on floors 2-12;
• Hotel on floors 14-26;
• Private apartments on floors 26-75 (A) and floors 27-60 (B);
• spa and fitness centre at 63-66 floors of the tower B.
• Restaurants and bars in the 62-65 Tower A.

Towers linked together 9 - storey constructions at an altitude 75 meters.
The cost for the construction of the site - about 170 million euros.
Total investment in the project will exceed 1.5 billion euros.
Expected construction Hermitage Towers: 2009-2013's.

JACQUES FERRIER
Jacques Ferrier lives and works in Paris. Upon completion in 1981, a prestigious engineering school in Paris Pcole Centrale, he received a degree in 1985 in architecture in UPA8, and later its merits were officially recognized DPLG. In 1990, he founded his Parisian architectural agency. Among his accomplishments, and work on public cultural centers, offices, university buildings, research centres, accommodation, etc. Currently Jacques Ferrier working to create a tower in Issy-les-Moulineaux, and is one of the architects chosen Parisian authorities for the creation of tall buildings in the vicinity of Massena.
Jacques Ferrie was presented to the various awards and rank, which is noteworthy award Première Oeuvre, four nominations at Equerre d'Argent, and two nominations for the Great National Prize of Architecture (Big National Award for Architecture). In 2007 it awarded the prize for the most innovative building.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:02 PM   #106
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
thanks for info .

2009 it's really near !

Wether Ferrier would win or not for Signal , this tower will be built...
Ferrier's is the worst out of the lot! If they HAD to build one, why couldn't it be Libeskind or Fosters? Ferrier's proposal for Tour Phare was the best one IMO, how could he go from that to this? It looks like a Dubai wanna-be tower frankly, and I hope one of the other ones is chosen and that this isn't built.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM   #107
Hed_Kandi
Registered Usurper

Likes (Received): 12611

Quote:
thanks for info .

2009 it's really near !

This is gonna be built in La Defense?
Hed_Kandi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM   #108
Goloo
Gangster à l'année

Likes (Received): 4

Nouvel's design is really ugly, it's a shame
but Libeskind's is amazing !
Goloo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:42 PM   #109
nashprotector85

Likes (Received): 1

I don't agree with you. I think Libeskind's Tower isn't a strong signal for a buisness district like La Défense. And Nouvel tower ins't so bad. I like it concept.

Last edited by nashprotector85; March 23rd, 2008 at 05:49 PM.
nashprotector85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:50 PM   #110
Densaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hed_Kandi View Post
This is gonna be built in La Defense?
Yep .

NC Guy : Russians investors have already bought the land . They absolutely want to build it .
€1.5 Billion , it's huge . How many cost the Shard ?
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:58 PM   #111
nashprotector85

I hope they will build these towers.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM   #112
Goloo
Gangster à l'année

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashprotector85 View Post
I don't agree with you. I think Libeskind's Tower isn't a strong signal for a buisness district like La Défense. And Nouvelle tower ins't so bad. I like it concept.
a monolithic tower with a screen on the top, nothing original, but it' just a personal opinion
Goloo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 02:49 PM   #113
Karadoc67

Likes (Received): 0

The Nouvel Tower would be a great adding to the LD skyline. Obviously, the 370 m version with the screen, the other one is not so impressive. It would exactly fit the objectives of a signal tower. It would interact with parisians, be different. The other towers are more conventionnal and can be found in other place arround the world. Moreover it is a great opportunity to have a tower higher than 350m in Paris.

Last edited by Karadoc67; March 23rd, 2008 at 05:23 PM.
Karadoc67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 03:56 PM   #114
nashprotector85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadoc67 View Post
The Nouvel Tower would be a great adding to the LD skyline. Obviously, the 370 m version with the screen, the other one is not so impressive. It would exactly fit with the objectives of a signal tower. It would interact with parisians, be different. The other towers are more conventionnal and can be found in other place arround the world. Moreover it is a great opportunity to have a tower higher that 350m in Paris.
Totaly agree. . La Défense needs to a tower taller than Effeil Tower.
Moreover the giant screen is amazing. I think an original tower isn't always a strange tower (like Libeskind's Tower) but an innovative tower.
(sorry if my english is not perfect)

Last edited by nashprotector85; March 23rd, 2008 at 05:50 PM.
nashprotector85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:28 PM   #115
Phobos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashprotector85 View Post
Totaly agree. . La Défense needs to a tower taller than Effeil Tower.
Moreover the giant screen is amazing. I think an original tower isn't always a strange tower (like Libeskind's Tower) but an innovative tower.
(sorry if my english is not perfect)
The perfect tower would have a strange shape(like Liebeskind''s one) and an innovative concept(like Nouvel's one).But since it's not possible to have both in this case,I'll stay with Liebeskind.That design rules!!!
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:27 AM   #116
Newcastle Guy

Quote:
NC Guy : Russians investors have already bought the land . They absolutely want to build it .
€1.5 Billion , it's huge . How many cost the Shard ?
1. Shame I much preffer the others. Bar the Nouvel one. Like I have said, Ferrier had the best proposal for Phare. Why couldn't he keep that.

2. The Shard development is expected to cost £2 Billion. I think about 2.5 Billion Euros going on what I believe to be the current exchange rates, but I'm not totally sure. Link 1. Link 2. Why did you want to know though? It doesn't affect this project.

Last edited by Newcastle Guy; March 24th, 2008 at 02:45 AM.
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:48 AM   #117
Minato ku

Wow Shard is really too expensive in an other way Shard is in the center of London.

We said that Hermitages "twin" towers have great chance to be build, not that Hermitage towers would be tour Signal.
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:51 AM   #118
Newcastle Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Wow Shard is really too expensive in an other way Shard is in the center of London.
Well really, it isn't in the centre, it's in quite a run down area of Southwark. The whole point of the London Bridge Quarter development is that it will regenerate the area and turn it into a fantastic place. I guess the real cost will be reflected in the amazing quality of the building, the cladding, the finishes, interior. Not to mention it is a rather complex shape, not just any old pyramid

But again, this really doesn't have anything to do with the Tour Signal. We should get back to that.
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:52 AM   #119
Metropolitan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
The perfect tower would have a strange shape(like Liebeskind''s one) and an innovative concept(like Nouvel's one).But since it's not possible to have both in this case,I'll stay with Liebeskind.That design rules!!!
I agree. A Giant screen is fun the time to think about it, but useless and irrelevant in the long term. In French, we would call this a "gadget".

A city is a place to live your life on a daily basis. What is important isn't some kind of "funny idea" but something which is enjoyable in the everyday life. I like a lot better Libeskind's project exactly because of this. What La Défense needs before everything is to become a place which is more enjoyable on a daily basis.
Metropolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #120
Newcastle Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitan View Post
I agree. A Giant screen is fun the time to think about it, but useless and irrelevant in the long term. In French, we would call this a "gadget".
I think it is a fantastic idea, but could have been incorporated much better. It seems the building was designed just for the screen on top. It should be integrated into a design, not the other way around... if you get what I'm saying.

Tags
la défense, paris, paris skyscrapers