daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Quezon City

Quezon City Metro Manila's largest city

Old April 16th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #101
--SuperB0y--
manunulat

Likes (Received): 54

--SuperB0y-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 17th, 2008, 12:32 AM   #102
ruralvillage

Likes (Received): 4

Comparing Libis, QC (Eastwood and Nuvo city) and future QC-CBD areas, which one has better appreciation and rental? Any thoughts?
Old April 17th, 2008, 04:37 AM   #103
leechtat
@jpareyes

Likes (Received): 142

i bet my money with QC-CBD areas, its cheap to buy there now too. so its a better catch for a long-term real estate investment. check out foreclosed properties info in phil. banks webbies.

"PROPERTYKO.PH - THE PHILIPPINE REAL ESTATE SOURCE"
-
AYALA LAND Real Estate Blog"
---
“Read more, Talk less..."
-----

leechtat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #104
tyronne
Khal vezhven!

Likes (Received): 39

Nice! It has a tennis court
Old April 17th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #105
Edmundtanso

Likes (Received): 2

now i am curious where is the location for the AC?
Old April 28th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #106
CarloP
: where amazing happens

Likes (Received): 0

website

The website has been updated

www.nuvo-city.ph
CarloP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 05:27 AM   #107
Rossonero
Full Back

wow this looks great. how many units does aspire have?
Rossonero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #108
CarloP

I just realized that the shape and layout of the building is almost identical to Rockwell's Manansala.
Old April 30th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #109
--SuperB0y--
manunulat

Likes (Received): 54

and also with 5th Ave Place and Avida New Manila
--SuperB0y-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:49 AM   #110
samal
The department head

siguro lalangawin to at di matutuloy
samal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM   #111
CarloP

Quote:
Originally Posted by samal View Post
Haha sounds like you have a vested interest in Eastwood perhaps?
Old May 3rd, 2008, 02:34 AM   #112
c0kelitr0
Resident Whore

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by samal View Post
pessimistic? hehehe. this is a great project IMO. and based on the renderings, this kicks the hell out of eastwood's "cityland-ish" ass.
c0kelitr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #113
-TC-
The OC

http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Mo...aid=2008052378

The future looks good in Nuvo City
LIFE & STYLE By Millet M. Mananquil
Saturday, May 24, 2008

A new city is rising in Quezon City and it looks like a glimpse of the future. Imagine a place where you can live, work and enjoy a stress-free existence. Where life’s necessities are within reach. Where energy efficiency, water conservation and natural light diffusion are achieved in a beautiful setting.

It is called Nuvo City, which is situated on a 4.2-hectare prime property on the corner of Industria St. and C-5 in Libis Quezon City, where five elegant residential towers and three sleek commercial towers rise above a lifestyle retail center. This city of the future is a joint venture of premier developer Nuvoland Philippines Inc. and landowner Libra Agro Industrial Corp.

Residents enjoy a healthy and fun lifestyle starting from the landscaped ground level to the leisure facilities for sports such as swimming, tennis, badminton, and basketball plus workout gyms.

Soaring up to 45 levels, the residential towers demonstrate 21st century architectural drama. “The sculpting of space by natural light has been a top priority,” says Nuvoland Philippines Inc. president Kevin Belmonte. “Edmonds International Ltd. designed this masterpiece of modern living where the use of glass and a screen panel pattern layered with rapid vents allow natural air to penetrate for improved ventilation and comfort.”

The best thing about Nuvo City, says Belmonte, is the price. A 34-square-meter studio costs only from 2.3 plus million pesos. A 54-square-meter one-bedroom unit is only from 3.6 plus million pesos, and an 85-square-meter two-bedroom unit is only 6.7 plus million pesos payable, interest-free, within four years.

“In the mid-luxury market, rarely do you find a masterplanned development like Nuvo City that takes into consideration traffic circulation, which in this case is underground, as well as pedestrian-oriented open spaces, staggered building layouts to promote air circulation, light diffusion, and spaciousness,” explains Rally Martinez, Nuvoland executive director.

“We are creating a vertical city in the sky which integrates all the technology for a 21st century lifestyle,” Martinez adds.“It is a live-work-play environment all in one area, created for a market with a global sense of style.”

For Nuvo City’s model units, Martinez tapped three top interior design/architecture experts to show how each unit can be maximized, merging style with function.

Pixie Olivares:A Parisian Flair

Pixie Olivares is one designer who certainly understands condo living, having experienced it in Paris where she lived for six years as an interior design student at Ecole Superieure des Arts Graphiques et d’Architecture Interieure.

“One of my temporary apartments was a 12-square-meter studio, would you believe, and it was really a tight space,” Olivares laughs. So it was truly a pleasure for her to design a 34-square-meter studio at Nuvo City. And the result is beautiful.

“The challenge was to maximize the space without making it look cramped. So I kept the area whole, blurring divisions between the necessary functions of sleeping/entertaining/dining and cleansing/cooking to create an open and more expansive space.I used glass from floor to ceiling to enclose the bathroom. For privacy, the panels are frosted up to two meters.Transparency is also reiterated in the furniture: the dining table, side tables and shelves are crystal or glass. The dining chairs are made of mesh.”

The beauteous Olivares explains: “I wanted a sofa that didn’t have to open up into a bed to minimize movement.Instead, I used a wide sofa that is actually a full-sized bed. Put on some sheets and you’re ready to sleep.”

Her studio certainly gives a relaxed modern feel.“I do like a certain linearity in my work without being too rigid.I also like adding a splash of color to a basic neutral palette.”

Ed Calma: A New Yorker’s Sensibility

“ I lived in New York City for 12 years and I know the importance of having a flexible space that can be easily transformed to serve whatever use,” says Ed Calma, the Columbia University and Pratt-educated designer known for his modern works for the country’s cosmopolitan set. His latest design, La Salle College of Saint Benilde, is an inspiring masterpiece unparalleled in the local academe.

For a two-bedroom unit at Nuvo City, Calma designed the living/dining area to be used as “a space for recreation, dining, working, etcetera. So I used a series of fixed horizontal shelving which functions not only as a display system but also as a buffet table and a work table.The furniture and accessories around it are merely temporary and can be moved around and changed by the user.” Very ingenious.

Calma explains, “For further flexibility, I designed the smaller bedroom so it can be used as an extra bedroom or home office, by simply taking out the bed and replacing it with a consultation chair.”

When asked to define his design style, Calma answers: “I hope that I would never be labelled to have a specific ‘style’. I try to explore new ideas about form and space, and I try to express the idea clearly in the way parts of a system fit or relate together. If you get into a style, it usually means the end of exploration, experimentation and creativity.” Well said by a designer who is managing partner of the very dynamic firm headed by his father, the venerable Lor Calma.

J. Anton Mendoza: A Global Vision

Architect J Anton Mendoza is well-loved by the A-listers for the beautiful, modern homes he creates for them.When he designed a one-bedroom unit for Nuvo City, he imagined the user to be a progressive-minded, well-traveled person.

“To start with, I did the kitchen in black, which is not really for everybody.” But the result is simply sleek and fabulous.

One of the University of Santo Tomas College of Architecture’s proudly homegrown and eminent alumni, Mendoza has that global vision so evident in his works. “My biggest influences are the Bauhaus movement and great mid- century modern architects like Richard Neutra and Mies Van Der Rohe. The model unit at Nuvo City is inspired by the mid-century modernists,” Mendoza explains.

For furniture pieces, Mendoza chose a vertigo lamp by Patricia Urquiola, a dining set by Antonio Citterio, and an accent chair by Jeffrey Barnett.

The model unit is very Mendoza, just as sophisticated as his designs for restos like Sala Bistro and People’s Palace, and the lobbies of Serendra Two.

Three designs by the country’s best for a futuristic city designed by a world-class architectural firm? The future looks good.
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #114
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Likes (Received): 700

Wow sounds very nice designer units! Hopefully we can get pics of the model units posted here in the thread in time.
3cr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:39 AM   #115
ldzdacanay

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandro View Post
All it says is that the masterplanner is Edmonds International, probably they're the architects as well.
the masterplanner is edmonds international and the the architect for the design concept is archt. meloy casas.
ldzdacanay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:42 AM   #116
ldzdacanay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossonero View Post
wow this looks great. how many units does aspire have?
hi! im connected with silvericon, we're the sales and marketing arm of nuvocity. so if you're interested,, you can send me a message. thanks! also, we have a major event on thursday, july 24 at 6 in the evening. our special guest is ms ana fegi together with her saxophonist.=) you can come and i can show you the model units.=) thanks,,

lady dacanay
Old July 22nd, 2008, 05:31 PM   #117
leechtat
@jpareyes

Likes (Received): 142

todo ang sales...

i like this project.. i hope they deliver what they promise...

comment: the unit layouts are poorly showcased in that uploaded photo.. parang minadali lang... sana baguhin...

"PROPERTYKO.PH - THE PHILIPPINE REAL ESTATE SOURCE"
-
AYALA LAND Real Estate Blog"
---
“Read more, Talk less..."
-----

leechtat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM   #118
the_kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzdacanay View Post
the masterplanner is edmonds international and the the architect for the design concept is archt. meloy casas.
no recio here?
the_kid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2008, 05:24 AM   #119
ldzdacanay

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_kid View Post
no recio here?
what do you mean no recio? if anyone is interested you can message me=)
Old July 27th, 2008, 06:32 AM   #120
Ph Man
Manila, PH

Likes (Received): 209

Recio + Casas, the architect for most Ayala projects.
Ph Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote