daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 30th, 2007, 03:49 PM   #61
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Ignore this nationalist, he thinks that slovenia and their bumpy roads are the big deal. Sorry for being offensive but in every sentence against Bulgaria he drops something negative. Stop it finally keber, you know nothing, you donīt have a clue what nature we have, you donīt know how much is being done for wild nature, and if you cut your forests off the Alps, we donīt make that in our mountains, we donīt cut our forests for ******* cows, we even have extremly wild nature beneath the motorways and nationalroads like the E79,
The only nationalist here is you. And I quit because of your stupid comments.
Verso no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2007, 03:58 PM   #62
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
The only nationalist here is you. And I quit because of your stupid comments.
Verso, itīs simply not true, I praise some things of my counry but donīt put down things of other countries whenever I have the possibility. Just read and youīll see that whenever he has the possibility he puts down something in Bulgaria.
radi6404 no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #63
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
nationalroads like the E79,
Back on topic;

don't you guys use your own road numbering?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #64
dia
ъхъ

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Ignore this nationalist, he thinks that slovenia and their bumpy roads are the big deal. Sorry for being offensive but in every sentence against Bulgaria he drops something negative. Stop it finally keber, you know nothing, you donīt have a clue what nature we have, you donīt know how much is being done for wild nature, and if you cut your forests off the Alps, we donīt make that in our mountains, we donīt cut our forests for ******* cows, we even have extremly wild nature beneath the motorways and nationalroads like the E79,
I don't see anything nationalistic in his post. We are talking about the Netherlands and Bulgaria. I disagree with his post and that's it. It's a simple matter of information and nothing nationalistic.

And btw, your post about the Netherlands not caring for the wildlife is plain wrong too, so don't come after my post pretending like it's keber who's the wrong here. Both countries have too much of a different history and geography to even try comparing them.

Oh yeah, and btw Slovenian highways are by the saying indeed very good. I don't see how you could attack him with this, let alone WHY you would do it? Critics are a good thing and you have to learn accepting them when they are reasonable.
dia no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #65
radi6404

dia, the nationalistic thing is that he starts being negative towards Bulgaria with no reason, I said that in the Netherlands they obviously donīt care about wildlife and he of a sudden said whatīs in Bulgaria, was the Netherlands the topic or bulgaria?
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #66
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
Back on topic;

don't you guys use your own road numbering?
No, signalization and numbering of roads is very bad and we only use E numbers, but we donīt have so many roads that people donīt get familar with them fast. Instead of numbers we say the road/motorway to Sofia or Plovdiv for example.

Last edited by radi6404; November 30th, 2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old November 30th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #67
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

a far as i know, Bulgaria has it's numbering scheme, but they don't use it at signs. and i'm not sure for motorways if they have numbers. E79 (Pernik - Blagoevgrad - BC Kulata) is road number 1.
x-type no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #68
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by dia View Post
And there are already tunnels for the big animals, such as the gray wolf and the brown bear, to pass under the highways in Bulgaria. Also, two highways have to be pushed away to preserve natural habitat of wild animals. I hope someone has images of the tunnels so you can be satisfied.
Yes, picture would be nice. In whole thread there was no mention about that, more or less Struma-talk only. Then you get idea, that other motorways in Bulgaria are nothing compared to Struma, if you listen to Radi only.

I saw few pictures of other motorways in Bulgaria and I was impressed (Hemus especially). But Struma left me cold.
keber no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #69
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

i'm insisting about 6 months allready for getting photos of tunnels and viaducts, but i was only offered by miracle 5 m high dike and 20 m long bridges at Struma. when it left me indifferent, i became guilty and enemy no1
x-type no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #70
dia
ъхъ

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
a far as i know, Bulgaria has it's numbering scheme, but they don't use it at signs. and i'm not sure for motorways if they have numbers. E79 (Pernik - Blagoevgrad - BC Kulata) is road number 1.
Yes, there are numbers for the roads but hardly anyone uses them. The European numbering is widely used though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber
Yes, picture would be nice. In whole thread there was no mention about that, more or less Struma-talk only. Then you get idea, that other motorways in Bulgaria are nothing compared to Struma, if you listen to Radi only.

I saw few pictures of other motorways in Bulgaria and I was impressed (Hemus especially). But Struma left me cold.
I have no pictures unfortunately. And I've rarely seen highway maniacs in Bulgaria going through the roads taking pictures. It's yet to come I believe

I've never traveled through Struma, but Trakia is nothing special on it's older part. I guess the new is much better, at least from the shorts videos I saw, it looks like it's the case. Hemus is nice indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type
i'm insisting about 6 months allready for getting photos of tunnels and viaducts, but i was only offered by miracle 5 m high dike and 20 m long bridges at Struma. when it left me indifferent, i became guilty and enemy no1
I am sorry you are searching for viacuts? Hm I guess I can only offer the usual pictures..

This on Hemus motorway. Latter this evening I can make a little search for more picture. I hope someone made..

This is Plovdiv and not a highway (not sure though, it looks "different from above )

dia no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #71
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

dia, our new hero

Hemus m., that's interesting to see. (please post them into Bulgaria motorways thread)
keber no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:49 PM   #72
radi6404

Never thought Bulgaria has such a thing, looks very good yet awesome.
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:20 PM   #73
dia
ъхъ

Quote:
Well, this is "nadlez Rodopi" and it's VERY useful. Its construction lasted SO long, people thought it won't get finished any time soon. But after the big crisis, things got better and better and here it is. This is a picture when it was brand new, now I guess it lost a bit of it's cool effect

keber, I will! Latter this evening
dia no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 10:54 PM   #74
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:

What's so awesome?

Looks ok
KIWIKAAS no está en línea  
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:26 PM   #75
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWIKAAS View Post
What's so awesome?

Looks ok
Kiwikaas, come on, I remember sucha thing in Spain and everyone talked about how awesome it is and now just because itīs Bulgaria it isnīt awesome?
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #76
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by dia View Post
Well, this is "nadlez Rodopi" and it's VERY useful. Its construction lasted SO long, people thought it won't get finished any time soon. But after the big crisis, things got better and better and here it is. This is a picture when it was brand new, now I guess it lost a bit of it's cool effect

keber, I will! Latter this evening
Why, how old is it, the E79 asphalt has the same color and that after 7 years, we had a conversation about that today with a women, she said that the quality Italian Asphalt Dupnica - Kulata is like brandnew after 7 years and thatīs a very good job of the Italians, I am wondering how the roads there are.
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:49 PM   #77
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Kiwikaas, come on, I remember sucha thing in Spain and everyone talked about how awesome it is and now just because itīs Bulgaria it isnīt awesome?
I can't. I dont think anyone would find this very awesome. It's just a 2 level interchange between a motorway and surface road. And the motorway is built on a viaduct. But it looks well constructed.
KIWIKAAS no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2007, 02:34 PM   #78
Jean Luc
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADCS View Post

This segment of Interstate 45 was built around 1969, and is still in very good condition. Don't know why it's held up so long, or why it was never resurfaced (like most of the rest of the route)
Maybe it was built to a high standard in the first place, with a well prepared road base, good drainage and pavement. Since then, perhaps traffic volumes have not been really high and the climate benign, with few frosts or little snowfall, which tend to be hard on road surfaces.

Just my guess...
Jean Luc no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:48 AM   #79
ADCS
Kickin' it

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Luc View Post
Maybe it was built to a high standard in the first place, with a well prepared road base, good drainage and pavement. Since then, perhaps traffic volumes have not been really high and the climate benign, with few frosts or little snowfall, which tend to be hard on road surfaces.

Just my guess...
Probably. Traffic volumes have been pretty high, though; that's the main route between Dallas and Houston. Rain would be the main climate issue, with the temperature in that area rarely getting below 25 F (-5 C).
ADCS no está en línea  
Old December 3rd, 2007, 09:13 PM   #80
Xusein

Likes (Received): 10397

Here, there are highways with trees in the median.

This is a pic of I-84 in a rural setting probably 40km east of Hartford. In some highways, there are whole small forests in the median too...this is common all over the US.

Xusein no está en línea  

Closed Thread