daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 17th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #81
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

EU isn´t generous

The things they do in Bulgaria are jsut rediculous, they should punish the people who do wrong, send stuff which controls everything there to keep corruption away but not stop the money for several months. Projects for which people are waiting years, even decates get even mroe delayed jsut because of EU´s dumb arrogance. If EU behaves like that the best thing would have been to not enter EU, Bulgaria would have made it´s way without it and KEPT the money to build the infrastructure and everything else isntead of wasting it away without getting it returned. the Behaviour of EU is shitty!
radi6404 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2008, 03:34 AM   #82
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

Majestic no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #83
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8810

Guess the overriding message to this thread would be - feeding trolls is bad for your health. It's a little like smoking cigarettes to cure cancer, rather contraindicated.
Svartmetall no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 03:57 AM   #84
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Verso no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:02 AM   #85
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

You're right. Let's discuss population of lemurs in south-east Peru in this thread.
Majestic no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:39 AM   #86
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

Likes (Received): 87

OK, clarify this for me. Tell us how EU Infrastructure Project works and why is this being delayed? Do you mean that EU is not giving away money due to corruption charges against Bulgaria?
Gaeus no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:44 AM   #87
ToWuS

Likes (Received): 0

You drink too much, i am sorry for that
ToWuS no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:47 AM   #88
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

Likes (Received): 87

huh? I don't get it.
Gaeus no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:09 AM   #89
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

Patrick no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #90
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

So......how 'bout them Dodgers?
xXFallenXx no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:58 AM   #91
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeus View Post
OK, clarify this for me. Tell us how EU Infrastructure Project works and why is this being delayed? Do you mean that EU is not giving away money due to corruption charges against Bulgaria?
Its as simple as it sounds. Bulgaria is bad in acquiring EU funds(20% of possible funds),and corruption further halts the usage of the already acquired money.(For comparison,we are the best among the newcomers with 82%)
RawLee no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #92
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Strumatic and Cromatic!

^That's American Georgia shiny!
AUchamps no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #93
Schweden
Registered Loser

Likes (Received): 40

We all can cry.
Schweden no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #94
Tauernautobahn

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
The things they do in Bulgaria are jsut rediculous, they should punish the people who do wrong, send stuff which controls everything there to keep corruption away but not stop the money for several months. Projects for which people are waiting years, even decates get even mroe delayed jsut because of EU´s dumb arrogance. If EU behaves like that the best thing would have been to not enter EU, Bulgaria would have made it´s way without it and KEPT the money to build the infrastructure and everything else isntead of wasting it away without getting it returned. the Behaviour of EU is shitty!
If there is too much corruption then it's not the problem of the EU but of Bulgaria. All the other 26 countries have to fight corruption themselves, most of them are quite successful. So why should the other countries make an exception and pay for a delegation of EU-staff to solve Bulgaria's corruption problem.

And if corruption really exists (in any country) I'm also glad, that they don't pay too much because most of the money would flow in the wallets of some corrupt people.
All countries of the EU fight against corruption, ones more, ones less successful. IMO it is very easy always to critisize instead of investing all the energy complaining requires for fighting corruption.

And the last thing is that Bulgaria itself wanted to join EU, if it would be so bad, you wouldn't have done it I assume.
Tauernautobahn no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:06 AM   #95
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Yeah
ChrisZwolle no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM   #96
radi6404

Why do roads age so fast?

I am always amazed by the looks of very new roads, everything is clean and looks like untouched, shiny crashbarriers, very white markings and so on. But after max 1 year this is gone. Most roads dont´look new after one year but look like heavily used. Are the materials so sensitive to envionment conditions? I think a road should be closed every 3 months for 1 day to get cleaned, I don´t know if that happens but that would be way better since the look of a road is important and that not only to me. It can´t be that a road looks new only 6 months, only the highest standart roads look new 1 year and more. I hope when in some years the ******* dumb companies have finally invented engines that go with clean fuels roads will keep good looking longer.
Old September 18th, 2008, 10:03 PM   #97
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Is your car still clean after one year you bought it?
Old September 18th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #98
radi6404

No, but they should either use smooth materials where dust and paticles can´t keep on or clean them regurarly, roads represent a country and it´s bad if roads are dirty and don´t look like new in a few months.
Old September 18th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #99
SebasvandenBrink
Urban Fetishist

Likes (Received): 12

If you make the roads all shiny and impervious to dirt and grit, you'll end up making them without grip for your tyres aswell. Just think of the beating all roads get year in year out. Aside from cars and heavy trucks you've got the weather. Snow, sand, dirt, grit, ice, you name it. I agree roads should look okay, but I think the driving comfort is number one. Potholes are a mortal sin though, however those don't form in just one year, do they? Another note might be money, countries have millions of miles of asphalt, tarmac, concrete or whatever their roads are made up of. Just consider constantly fixing every single one of them, each year, every year. I'd rather have healthcare thank you - it's just not doable. You'll also need an army of people, not to mention materials and you'll have to close those roads and set up detours aswell.

If you can develop the perfect road surface you'll have made a genius discovery though.
Old September 18th, 2008, 10:17 PM   #100
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Potholes can pop up rather fast. Sometimes a piece of the pavement just comes loose when a truck runs over it, and the rest of the traffic deepens/widens it out. This is especially a problem when asphalt is layed in too cold or wet conditions. The top layer doesn't stitch too well together to the lower layers and/or foundation that way.

Closed Thread