daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 29th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #41
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

NICE VIDEO'S jou must have seen!

Warsaw 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsAt2uXIigQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCC_X...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcDyl...eature=related
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #42
Second City
Loyola University

Likes (Received): 3

Nice videos!
Old July 15th, 2008, 01:09 AM   #43
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

Likes (Received): 5440

Image of the nearby FAAB 330m tower. There used to be a thread on this tower but some whiner got it shut down. Anyway, here is a speculated pic of the tower, I can't be bothered opening another thread for it. Looks awesome, anyway, [*insert usual Polish pessimism about supertalls getting up and stir to taste*]

Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:52 PM   #44
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

I hope its nothing like Tour Signal, it looks hideous, sharp edges pointing just about everywhere, whats the thinking behind that?

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #45
skyboi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alle View Post
I hope its nothing like Tour Signal, it looks hideous, sharp edges pointing just about everywhere, whats the thinking behind that?
It means don't you dare touching me or you will be cut well ! that's his style I am not his fan either , btw his Tour signal proposed Tower in Paris didn't get chosen they chose the Tower from J/N instead
skyboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:13 PM   #46
Phobos

So will Libeskind be the architect for this toweror is it just speculation?
I wouldn't mind seeing a great tower as it was Tour Signal in Warsaw
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #47
skyboi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 77

Looks like it ,read the openning thread and you will be happier
skyboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:36 PM   #48
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboi View Post
It means don't you dare touching me or you will be cut well ! that's his style I am not his fan either , btw his Tour signal proposed Tower in Paris didn't get chosen they chose the Tower from J/N instead
Maybe that was the thinking. If you give a ten year old a computer and a 3d modelling program and let them play around with shapes, you might get something like that (without all the intricancies), hehe . So that might have been the process as well for all we know.

I like that great box (Arche de la Communication?), surrounding buildings should take it into consideration I think. Central as it is to La defense. As well as they should Paris in general. The proposal did neither.

But back to Warsaw, i would not like it any city personally. It would be like a disease.

But whatever will be the case, a supertall for warsaw seems to be on its way . Lets hope it will actually look good.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:48 AM   #49
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

Likes (Received): 5440

Er guys, this is the other supertall in Warsaw, not the Orco one.

It seems to be confirmed in the Polish forum that that render above is the FAAB '330m' tower (to my eye it looks a bit shorter though, maybe 250-300+spire).

Maybe the trigger happy mod who closed the original thread can now do something useful for a change, dig up the thread and and open it up???

Anyway, the design is sorta Libeskind like, it looks good. Bigger pictures are needed.
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM   #50
Blizzy
Perfect Player

Likes (Received): 89

Rough translation.

Tallest tower in Europe, with a height of 350m, could be builtin Warsaw by Orbis Group in a joiint venture with Orco.

A tower, possibly designed by Daniel Libeskind, could rise on the plot today occupied by Holiday Inn is (Złota street). It would contain offices and a luxury hotel.

If accepted by the city, the tower could rise before Euro 2012. This would make it the second tower by the same architect in the city.

The Tower could rise in the city center

The plot, Złota 48/54, occupied by Holiday Inn, is owned by Orbis Group. - We presented to the city our concept of what could be developed here. End of 2009 marks the end of our license to operate Holiday Inn. We could then demolish it and start building the tower - said Kaja Szwykowska from Orbis.

The supertall is a joint venture by Orbis and Orco, who are currently building a 192m residental tower designed by Daniel Libeskind. Inwestors claim, that despite the would towers differ greatly in height, they would compliment each other well in terms of architecture and function. - We are in talks with several architects, Libeskind included, but the decision about who will design it has not been finalized - Kaja Szwykowska said.

The scale of the investment is controversial. Orco and Orbis are trying to convince the municipalty to accept their idea of a tower as tall as 350m. The top part of the tower would house a 250 room hotel, with offices below. Orbis wants to point out the prime location and make the hotel Sofitel brand. (gibberish about how great Sofitels are in other cities)

City officials admit, that they are in the middle of talks. - We are discussing it, we don't say yes or no yet. We must see the finalized design first.

The tower of this size would be seen from every place in Warsaw, and as such must have stunning design. Other factors, like shading of surrounding areas and communication are a factor as well - says Tomasz Zemładeputy in citiy's Architecture Bureau.

The rush towards the sky has been started by city officials' declarations of supporting high rise investments. - Palace of Culture and science cannot remain Warsaw's tallest forever - said mayor Hanna Gronkiewicz-Waltz, during an international real estate fair in Cannes.

(then comes some bullshit about other proposals for Warsaw, not as high as this one)

Urbanists say, that the uncontrolled rush to build high towers is creating chaos in country's capital. The main problem is in poorly developed infrastructure. - I oppose building high towers in the vicinity of Palace of Culture and Science, until a policy is worked out, based on experts' opinions - said Grzegorz Buczek, an architect, member of Warsaw Architecture and Development Council.

- A much better location for skyscrapers is Towarowa street. Both for comunication and skyline reasons.
Blizzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #51
karejeeta
tommy569

Likes (Received): 0

I hope it will be built. Warsaw needs a few super talls.
karejeeta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #52
The Other Guy

As long as it's taller than the palace of culture and science...
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:29 AM   #53
Letniczka

Even if they rise 20 such buildings here Warsaw will remain European provincial town #1. City's government should better restore all these ten thousends terrible-looking houses instead to build new ones. Poland becomes more and more ridiculous.
Letniczka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:54 AM   #54
Gamma-Hamster
BANNED

Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzy View Post
Rough translation.

Tallest tower in Europe,
When i saw the title of the thread, i was 100% sure that i will see this.
Gamma-Hamster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #55
Paolo

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
City's government should better restore all these ten thousends terrible-looking houses instead to build new ones. Poland becomes more and more ridiculous.
City or Poland's governments will not build and will not rent (as opposite to Moscow) any of new planned/proposed or u/c towers in Warsaw.... The only tower used by city's institutions is PKiN. As I know some UE offices are rented also in Rondo1... Orco_Orbis tower is planned as 100% private investment and city government didn't approve it yet.

Last edited by Paolo; August 5th, 2008 at 10:26 AM.
Paolo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #56
emagdnim
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

what what Yelonki suchasz fenomen? oni sa zajebisci, widze dlaczego moji rodzice sie wyniesli z Polski, co za popierdoly system buduja piekne wiezowce a wiekszosc ludzi zapierdala za nic
emagdnim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #57
baalberith304

There's no renders of this project by now so the only thing that is known is the location.
Besides.. what Warsaw needs is to build not super talls but at first some highrises with 150-200 meter high. There is a need to create a ground for the most spectacular and the highest buildings like ORCO-ORBIS Tower.
baalberith304 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #58
Paolo

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChancho View Post
what what Yelonki suchasz fenomen? oni sa zajebisci, widze dlaczego moji rodzice sie wyniesli z Polski, co za popierdoly system buduja piekne wiezowce a wiekszosc ludzi zapierdala za nic
Cool down a little... napisalem tylko ze na nowe wieze nie ida pieniadze z budzetu miasta, wrecz odwrotnia, dzieki sprzedazy dzialek miasto bedzie mialo kase na inne projekty...widze ElChancho ze nie wiesz jak bylo w Polsce gdy nie budowano wiezowcow, ale zapewniam Cie ze wtedy bylo duzo gorzejP Sa tylko 2 mozliwosci zeby Polacy lepiej zarabiali: pierwsza wybrana przez Twoich rodzicow, i druga inwestycje, inwestycje i jeszcze raz inwestycje... Pozdrawiam

Last edited by Paolo; August 5th, 2008 at 10:48 AM.
Paolo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #59
emagdnim
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

My bad man, I go overboard sometimes, The tower looks good would be a nice additions to the skyline, Rodzice wyjechali przed koncem kommunismu, niestety inwestycjie niejest solucja dla problemow jak wiekszosc dalej klepje biede I nierownosc dalej rosnie, ale wiem ze niektorzy sie prszystosowali dobrze
emagdnim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #60
Blizzy
Perfect Player

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma-Hamster View Post
When i saw the title of the thread, i was 100% sure that i will see this.
Well, it has to end somewhere And in terms of all-european countries that would be true. Same thing with Turkey and European Union - what % of the country constitutes it as a member of some continent?

Not that I really care about that stuff - there is one skyscraper capital of the world under construction, and no Russia Tower, no Chicago Spire, no Abraj Al Bait, and certainly not this "supertall" will ever change that fact.
Blizzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
warsaw