daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 27th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #141
aarhusforever
EU citizen

Likes (Received): 9117

Warsaw is booming

Aarhus - the second largest city in Denmark

Aarhus...my Aarhus
aarhusforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2011, 11:49 AM   #142
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Likes (Received): 2558

one ass kicking panorama by Polex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polex View Post
Petr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #143
Liwnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal1701 View Post
Proszę bardzo, z dzisiaj:

Liwnik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #144
michal1701

Likes (Received): 1055

michal1701 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #145
quadi

Likes (Received): 32

This is by far the best design from jaspers-eyers and partners i've ever seen...
quadi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #146
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Seems like they just left the site..
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #147
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Like at every Saturday I guess...
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #148
Ni3lS

There is barely any equipment, seems like nothing has happened on the site lately (frozen ground etc.) and mostly they work 6 days a week on big projects like this one. On even bigger projects they work 24/7. I know much smaller projects where they work at least 6 if not 7 days a week. If U/C, piling and foundation works should be ongoing. I think site excavation has not even finished yet.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #149
patrykus

This is third photo of the same session for some reason not posted here. Anyways, all equipment is there.

PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old January 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #150
michael_siberia
Trzecie pokolenie akowców

Likes (Received): 25118

@ Ni3lS
Weather forecasts say that temperature at night may be lower than -20 (in Celsius scale) near Warsaw:

(all images from http://gfspl.rootnode.net)
Old January 29th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #151
Ni3lS

Well, that sucks Still, no foundation works ongoing so that means it's not under construction.
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #152
Biesiada
Fanklub Warsaw Spire 220m

Likes (Received): 6

Biesiada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #153
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Well, that sucks Still, no foundation works ongoing so that means it's not under construction.
You can't change the status everytime You see that there's a few days break because of the whether for example. It's childish...
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #154
Ni3lS

I don't change it ''everytime''. And it's not because of a break. Look at the photos, there's no piling, no foundation. There is still site prep going on. Last thing we want is false information here, there are too many projects in the U/C section nowadays based on rumors, hunches and false information. Or because people don't know the definition of U/C.
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #155
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

I'm not a pro, but it looks for me like a foundation works:

Anyway You can trust Polish users, and especially Ghelamco that this project will be continued.
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #156
Ni3lS

It does indeed look like something.. It's confusing, because right now it looks like the stuff they did on january 12th is just prep work before the real construction starts (piling and stuff). Right now it seems they pulled off all equipment and they're gonna wait for a while to get either financing straight or wait for better wheather to start construction. Anyway, I don't know what the issue is, the fact is there is nothing going on as of right now and if we keep threads like this in the construction section other forumers are going to complain and ask why the amazing project in ''their'' city is not in the construction section. We just want to be clear about a status and we treat every project in any city equally and we're not making any exceptions. Unless you come up with photos of today that clearly show construction activity on the site of course

I think it's best someone finds out what's going on because honestly, it's very unusual that a big project like this goes without any activity for a couple of days without any notice. I hope you understand. If not, then I'm sorry but I'm not going to argue about it anymore. The info here should be reliable and trustworthy.

Old January 30th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #157
Ni3lS

So I took the liberty of translating some Polish stuff and I read that they need to dig way deeper. This only seems logical to me as it is going to be a pretty tall building. Tall buildings need big (deep) foundations. I read in the Polish section that the ground is hard as rock at the moment because of the temperature (frost). And just to clarify, digging is part of the site excavation and preparation, so this thread shouldn't have been in the construction section in the first place..

For more info please check the first post of this thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=747422
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #158
patrykus

Quote:
Right now it seems they pulled off all equipment
ehhh... Haven't you seen the picture I posted? All machinery is on site. One of the polish forumers reported today trucks are moving dirt out of the site.

Old January 30th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #159
Ni3lS

Yeah stuffed away in the back. Im not going to argue about this, the work that's being done doesn't even count as construction work. It's prep work. Read the whole story I just posted, thanks. And btw, I just read and translated all posts in the local thread today and nothing has been reported about trucks moving dirt. Not that it matters, anyway.
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #160
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Quote:
Yeah stuffed away in the back. Im not going to argue about this, the work that's being done doesn't even count as construction work. It's prep work. Read the whole story I just posted, thanks. And btw, I just read and translated all posts in the local thread today and nothing has been reported about trucks moving dirt. Not that it matters, anyway.
This argument is becoming pointless, since You're not going to move this thread anyway.
But You've provoked me.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...4#post88047204

EDIT
this guy explained http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1#post87503221
that these are founds of those pillars.

Last edited by Petr; January 30th, 2012 at 09:23 PM.

Tags
gotcu serhat, tower, warsaw