daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2016, 02:28 PM   #2881
jrb
10th February 2008

Likes (Received): 29861

X1 Mediacity, just visible, far right. At least another 2 similar towers in height, 26 stories, to follow. Maybe 3, depending on continued apartment sales.

Flickr.

The empty plot of land will be home to Bupa's new offices. Construction on-going.

Picture by........

Stopfordian Dreamer

Yesterday.

Video's.

Salford Quays and Mediacity, with Manchester city centre in the distance.

Last edited by jrb; November 13th, 2016 at 02:34 PM.
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2016, 02:56 PM   #2882
VDB
Strong and Stable

Likes (Received): 25372

Central Sky Park | Deansgate

The Central Sky Park plan was drawn up in 2010 but nothing ever became of it. It's now been re-launched with a similar framework so the shots below give a good indication as to what it'll look like:

Aztecaa13 liked this post
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 03:01 PM   #2883
VDB
Strong and Stable

One Spinningfields | Spinningfields
Offices | City Zone

Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1693947

• Address: Hardman Square, Spinningfields, City Zone Manchester M3

• Architect: Simpson-Haugh

• Floors: 20

• Height: 92m

• Office Space: 300,000sqft

• Developer: Allied London

Current status: Under Construction

Nearest transport: Salford Central

The sunrise across Manchester this morning, by Caiman.

Manchester's skyline looks "flat" at the moment, but give it a few years.....

AbidM, Aztecaa13 liked this post
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 04:21 PM   #2884
jrb
10th February 2008

Here you go!

Taken with my camera phone, so I could upload it asap.

Got plenty more picture's with my normal camera. Will add the over the coming day's.

Takem from the car park at Mediiacity.

Bylina, AbidM, Aztecaa13 liked this post
Old November 13th, 2016, 08:17 PM   #2885
jrb
10th February 2008

We think, and hope, that isn't the finished exterior. We think glass panels will be added on later. We bloody hope so.

Click on the link for more picture's. Post 850.

X1 Mediacity. 1st tower. 26 stories.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post136565731

AbidM, Quicksilver, Aztecaa13 liked this post
Old November 13th, 2016, 09:12 PM   #2886
jrb
10th February 2008

Clippers Quay.

Click on the link for more picture's. Post 137 and 138

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post136566537

AbidM liked this post
Old November 14th, 2016, 12:50 AM   #2887
jrb
10th February 2008

Planning Application.

XI Landmark website.

Quote:
Coming soon is X1 The Landmark. 191 luxurious units situated on a prime residential site adjacent to the Spinningfields district of Manchester City Centre. The Landmark offers an exciting mix of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms apartments, together with 2, 3 and 4 bedroom townhouses. A double-height gymnasium, resident’s lounge, courtyard garden, spectacular entrance foyer and secure parking complement the spacious accommodation. This luxury development is within a 5 minute walk of the city’s central business district, bars, restaurants and high-end shopping areas.

http://www.x1developments.com/future/x1-the-landmark/

yeisson, geoking66, biosciemax, Aztecaa13 liked this post
Old November 14th, 2016, 01:52 PM   #2888
biosciemax

Likes (Received): 3262

Looks really good but should have a bit more space for shops and restaurants on the street level.
biosciemax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 11:23 PM   #2889
jrb
10th February 2008

It's a bit sad when you get excited by hoardings. But on this occasion.

Originally posted by.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC1 View Post
The man is right. I got far too excited by these pieces of wooden board.

Click on the link for more CGI's.

Quicksilver, PEP_33, Aztecaa13 liked this post
Old November 14th, 2016, 11:29 PM   #2890
jrb
10th February 2008

Middlewood Locks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Aerial Video TV Twitter

Old November 15th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #2891
jrb
10th February 2008

Manchester 2025?

Quote:
The Man from Manchester

CRTKL intern Brendan Todd talks Manchester, finding a career path and what it’s like to work at CallisonRTKL.

I have lived in Manchester most of my life. Despite a few brief stints traveling and once living in Italy, I consider Manchester to be my home. So, when I was given the opportunity to apprentice with Manchester Life, a residential developer, there was no doubt that I would accept.

This apprenticeship has given me incredible amounts of experience already. The program works as a placement rotation system in which each apprentice spends four months with each discipline over a two-year course while studying toward a foundation degree.

Thus far I have worked with a project management company, Mace Ltd, as an assistant project manager and with Eric Wright Construction, where I was working onsite for a project consisting of an office, hotel and extensive public realm. More recently I worked with a client, Manchester Life Development Company, gaining experience in the briefing and concept stage of projects as well as monitoring progress on current projects under construction.

But what you’re probably most excited to learn, is that I am currently on a four-month placement with CallisonRTKL. So far at CallisonRTKL, I have been keeping a log of developments within Manchester and created a 3D model of ‘Manchester in 2025.’

As I mentioned before, I grew up in this city and even studied here. It is this affinity with Manchester that makes my job so interesting and exciting. I get to work on projects that will change the skyline of the city for years to come, and the placement rotation system means I am able to work on all parts of the city within different job roles.

There are so many projects coming in the next 10 years that the city is soaring upwards and reaching new heights both culturally and physically. Projects such as the Owen Street Towers and St. Johns, which will be taller than the Beetham Tower, are truly inspiring.

CallisonRTKL, too, are working within a major development area, Greengate, on a landmark residential project, Embankment West as well as other PRS developments across the city. It is exciting to see the future plans for Manchester and how CallisonRTKL are striving for it to be the place to live, work and thrive.

http://www.callisonrtkl.com/you-are-...om-manchester/[/B]

Bylina, ThreeFour34, Mr Cladding liked this post
Old November 15th, 2016, 06:52 PM   #2892
VDB
Strong and Stable

High Speed Rail Two | Manchester
National Infrastructure Project| Manchester

Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...89282&page=353

Government has today confirmed backing for a new high speed rail line between Manchester and London. They've also backed a new line between Leeds and Birmingham. The stretch from Birmingham to London is included in Phase 1 and will be built first.

Within Manchester, there will be three stations served directly by HS2 - Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Airport and (in Greater Manchester): Wigan, which will be served by classic-compatible trains.

The approach to Manchester Piccadilly - in the centre of the city - involves the construction of an 8 mile (11km) rail tunnel.

By the time HS2 reaches the city in 2032, Manchester Piccadilly will be greatly expanded. The station currently has 14 platforms (16 including Metrolink), but by 2032 it will have 22 platforms (26 including Metrolink).

The diagram below shows how the station will look. The new HSR platforms (4) are shown in green. In the early 2020s, two new through platforms will be added to the station and these are shown in the top left corner of the station on this diagram:

Meanwhile, four new Metrolink platforms will be built underneath the station to replace the two which are currently just beneath the concourse; and 2 new deep tube underground platforms will be added for 'Northern Powerhouse Rail', which will better link Manchester to Liverpool and Leeds.

Andy Burnham - who is the Labour party's candidate for Manchester Mayor - today addressed parliament and recommended placing more importance on NPR than London's Crossrail 2. NPR will deliver far more benefits than another Crossrail in London, but our government tends to favour spending lots of money in London whilst ignoring the rest of the country, so it will be interesting to see how they play this.

At Manchester Airport, a new 2-platform HS2 station will be built on fields at Davenport Green - just outside the airport facility. A new Metrolink line will be built linking Terminals 1, 2 and 3 to the HS2 Station.

Old November 15th, 2016, 07:19 PM   #2893
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 745

Thanks VDB, naturally that all looks good.

I wasn't aware of the deep bore tunnel plans to Liverpool and Leeds. Is there a link to how this will work in the city center?

I am also presuming that the designs shown for the new station addition are not the final look, but just a basic overview (as they are rather mundane and not as good as the earlier artistic suggestions).

Finally, am I correct in that there would be no direct HSR to Scotland when that end is complete? If so, that seems quite a disappointment if people in Manchester will have to change trains.
Old November 15th, 2016, 08:17 PM   #2894
jrb
10th February 2008

Piccadilly (Inacity) tower stalled 6 years ago after the last World and UK economic recession. But..........

Piccadilly Tower could still be on, in some shape or form.

From the HS2 report. Posted by Nerd Today.

Quote:
Site-specific constraints

There are three primary constraints on the site which have dictated how the scheme could be developed for construction:

•The East Manchester Metrolink extension.

•The proposed Inacity Tower development.

•Gateway House.

Metrolink dictates the concourse location and prevents the concourse being centrally located with the platforms above. The proposed Inacity Tower development prevents the HS2 station from being located closer to the city. In its current configuration Gateway House is somewhat of a barrier to intuitive wayfinding towards the city centre. While the HS2 station proposal works within these three constraints, further opportunity exists at detailed planning stages for improved integration of the HS2 station around these constraints.

Aztecaa13, Mr Cladding liked this post
Old November 15th, 2016, 08:20 PM   #2895
jrb
10th February 2008

It's still on the Ballymore Group website.

The site is up to date, and has updated news from this month.

Who knows?

http://www.ballymoregroup.com/projec...ccadilly-tower
Old November 15th, 2016, 08:23 PM   #2896
jrb
10th February 2008

It's still on the Ballymore Group website.

The site is up to date, and has updated news from this month.

Who knows?

http://www.ballymoregroup.com/projec...ccadilly-tower

Click on the link, and then on click on Piccadilly tower.

Other proposals have upcoming, and other proposals have past.

Quote:
Piccadilly Tower

Manchester

Upcoming
Commercial
Residential

http://www.ballymoregroup.com/project

Last edited by jrb; November 15th, 2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old November 16th, 2016, 01:38 PM   #2897
jrb
10th February 2008

New Tweet from Mike Ingall.

Quote:
Michael Ingall
Michael Ingall – ‏@michaelingall

@TrinityIslands I only said to blow the bloody doors off

Old November 16th, 2016, 06:01 PM   #2898
jrb
10th February 2008

Insider media.

Quote:
£150m Manchester gateway scheme nears

Plans to build a £150m scheme with four towers rising up to 26 storeys high along a key approach into Manchester city centre are set to advance this week with councillors poised to approve the project.

The City View development, designed by architects' practice Fletcher Rae, consists of almost 500 flats and 37 three-bed townhouses across a 600,000 sq ft site on a corner plot at the junction of Oldfield Road and the A57 Regent Road.

It is envisaged that there would be a 26-storey, a 16-storey, a ten-storey and an eight-storey tower along with 150 car parking spaces and 200 secure cycle parking spaces.

Warrington-based developer Vivere Group is behind the private rented sector scheme, with councillors at Salford City Council recommended to approve the company's application as a meeting later this week.

A report to go before the local authority's planning committee said the loss of an employment site is "acceptable" as there is "more suitable available land elsewhere in the vicinity which better meets the needs of businesses".

The report added that £4m would need to be spent to revamp existing building on the plot, but the rent generated following the work would not make the project viable.

In recommending approval, Salford City Council's planners attached a series of conditions including that the applicant should make a £215,000 contribution towards open public spaces.

When the plans were lodged this summer, Fletcher Rae joint managing director Andrew Rae said the scheme offers a "viable and sustainable regeneration development" as well as linking to "existing community infrastructure and adjacent developments".

David Green, director of Vivere Group, added: "The City View development will tie in with the Middlewood Locks masterplan, the Whilburn Wharf project and the One Regent Road scheme.

"The site sits at the gateway of Manchester and will give a very impressive appearance to visitors and residents entering the city from the east via Regent Road."

Indigo Planning, JMP Consulting, Fabrik, Charles Andrews Consulting Engineers, REC, Christians and Alan Johnston Partnership are also working on the project.

If approved on Thursday (17 November 2016), work on City View is likely to start in the spring of 2017.

Last edited by jrb; November 16th, 2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old November 16th, 2016, 06:14 PM   #2899
jrb
10th February 2008

Place North West.

Quote:
Beech expands city portfolio with Castlefield project

16 Nov 2016, 11:46

Residential developer Beech Holdings has bought a prominent plot on the corner of Manchester’s Deansgate and Chester Road, with planning permission for 53 apartments, from a company led by property investor Bill Wrather.

Knott Mill Securities, of which Wrather is director, was granted consent earlier this year for a 13-storey tower, near to the Bridgewater Viaduct in Castlefield.

The building, designed by Ombler Iwanowski Architects, includes 53 apartments and a ground floor commercial unit. The flats are a mix of one and two-bedrooms.

Beech plans to implement the scheme as approved, and has started on site with clearance works. According to the company, it has also signed the contract for hoarding and civils works.

The plot lies on the edge of the Great Jackson Street regeneration area of Manchester, and is next to Owen Street, where Renaker is currently on site with its skyscraper cluster which will total 1,500 flats. Renaker recently put in a planning application for 188 flats in two buildings, also on Chester Road.

Turley advised Knott Mill Securities on the planning application.

Beech is increasingly active in Manchester city centre. Known for renovating unloved buildings in prime locations, the company delivers environmentally sustainable and efficiently designed apartments, targeted at young professional renters.

Beech Holdings owns £65m of residential housing stock in Greater Manchester, including several city centre buildings and another 120 properties in the region.
Old November 16th, 2016, 06:20 PM   #2900
jrb
10th February 2008

MEN.

Quote:
Luxury apartments at iconic Dock Office almost complete

The landmark building was constructed in 1927 by Harry Fairhurst and Son and the building became an integral part of Manchester Docks.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ffice-12180357

Tags
manchester