daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #21
kids

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelon View Post
civil justice centre, rocks!!!!!

eastgate, looks very similar to a new one in Canary Wharf, still looks really nice

Are all of this new buildings in the same "area" or "district", I mean, will they form a skyline???

seems that they are already catching up in height with London.
nah, they're really spread out, some miles apart. most being out of the city centre.
kids no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2008, 02:44 AM   #22
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Is Piccadilly Tower delayed ?
Not officially and its not unofficially. Some people seem to think because afew smaller builds have been put on hold and a large building in Leeds is on hold, that Piccadilly Tower is on hold and its not.
andysimo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 03:11 AM   #23
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysimo123 View Post
Not officially and its not unofficially. Some people seem to think because afew smaller builds have been put on hold and a large building in Leeds is on hold, that Piccadilly Tower is on hold and its not.
Yeah, I did take notice of the handwringing on the Manchester subforum, no doubt precipitated by Lumiere being put on hold.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:58 PM   #24
miguelon

Likes (Received): 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids View Post
nah, they're really spread out, some miles apart. most being out of the city centre.

now that is a shame, is there any restriction on the city centre for tall buildings? they should plan a specific site for highrise development. its all about planning.

I have to say that Manchester skyline is below espectations of a major city like this.
miguelon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 05:59 PM   #25
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Here are Manchesters Completed Projects.... http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=570395 keep an eye on it over the next year.
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #26
JamesFab

Likes (Received): 0

A lot of developments in Manchester...
Old July 24th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #27
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Some updates from the last few weeks and days.

Axis

Picture taken by Comdot

Piccadilly Tower

Pictures taken by Toetallix

First Street

Picture taken by Comdot

Media City

Picture taken by NonStopMark

Peel Court

Picture taken by Comdot

Piccadilly Place

Picture taken by lamarkia1

1 New York Street

Picture taken by Toetallix

The Avenue
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/******brain/avenueedit1.jpg[/IMG]
Picture taken by dgnr8

Chancery Place
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/******brain/Chanceryplaceedit2.jpg[/IMG]
Picture taken by dgnr8

The Lighthouse
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/******brain/lihgthouseedit2.jpg[/IMG]
Picture taken by dgnr8

3 Hardman Street

Pictures taken by markydeedrop
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #28
Soul_13
Advocatus Diaboli

Likes (Received): 152

Just an update Piccadilly tower is now officially on hold....bloody credit crunch
Soul_13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #29
ZiggyRoXx

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_13 View Post
Just an update Piccadilly tower is now officially on hold....bloody credit crunch
Source?....link?...
ZiggyRoXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #30
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Update from the Piccadilly Tower site, taken yesterday. There has been no comment from the main developers. Wouldn't surprise me through. Officially there is no official hold, its just speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andysimo123 View Post
Another Monday and more work....

... digger on the left was ripping apart that last arch.
Old October 14th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #31
Alphaville

Likes (Received): 372

HOT! I want this in Melbourne.
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #32
Soul_13
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Update from the Piccadilly Tower site, taken yesterday. There has been no comment from the main developers. Wouldn't surprise me through. Officially there is no official hold, its just speculation.
Andysimo the project is, as officially it can get, on hold and what you see in these photos is the car park preparations.

Quote:
From BBC:
The head of the minority partner in the Piccadilly Tower joint venture has announced that the building is on hold... for now.

Wayne Mellor, the managing director of Inacity has announced with some exasperation that in the current climate no-one will finance the 188 metre tall skyscraper allowing it to be built. Inacity was one half of the Merepark partnership that dreamed up the project and who retained a 5% share in the scheme when Ballymore bought in taking a 95% stake.
Old October 15th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #33
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Quote:
Andysimo the project is, as officially it can get, on hold and what you see in these photos is the car park preparations.
I wouldn't go off Wayne Mellor. He has come out with the rash things since some legal things happened. Ballymore the main owners of the project have not commented on anything. They own 95% of the project! Officially from the main developers there is no news and there is no hold. It is just speculation. The diggers and work men are still on site. I don't class that as a on hold.
Old October 15th, 2008, 08:07 PM   #34
Soul_13
Advocatus Diaboli

I do, Ballymore has more or less put on hold, untill the market starts rising again ,every appartment block outside London. Probably you're the only one in the Manchester forum thinking otherwise....

Last edited by Soul_13; October 15th, 2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #35
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Quote:
I do, Ballymore has more or less put on hold, untill the market starts rising again ,every appartment block outside London. Probably you're the only one in the Manchester forum thinking otherwise....
Ballymore hasn't. Please find me some proof from Ballymore? You won't find anything because there isn't any. I know alot more than a mindless negative troll.
Old October 16th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #36
Soul_13
Advocatus Diaboli

What a ****...

Anyway I'll give it couple weeks till they start parking cars in there and we'll see who's the troll then bitch.

Last edited by Soul_13; October 16th, 2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old October 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #37
butterfingers22
she's clearly not well!

Likes (Received): 0

Update for some of the projects, all pics from the Manchester forum, hope no one minds...

Media city

Piccadilly Place

Origin

site pic

City park

Spinningfields/The Avenue

there's a lot more, but they're some of my faves
butterfingers22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #38
Soul_13
Advocatus Diaboli

I guess thats quite conclusive, Picadilly is on hold and turned into a car park at least for the near future:

Old December 19th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #39
Huti
bitte spiel mir etwas

Likes (Received): 19976

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardL View Post
There are some dead sexy buildings going up/on the boards in Manchester, but this one still tickles me no end. I love it so much.

Next time I'm back in Manchester, I probably won't even recognize the place with all of the construction going on. That wouldn't be too much of a stretch as last time I was utterly pissed the entire time, but that would be for a different thread.

Can't wait to get back and see all that's new.
double that,...
Old December 20th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #40
jayo

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Co-op unveils site of new HQ
Ben Rooth
19/12/2008

THE Co-operative Group has announced its intention to build its new headquarters on land close to its existing base in Manchester city centre.

The group has acquired the six-acre car park bordering Miller Street and Dantzic Street from the Co-operative Insurance With Profits Life Fund for an undisclosed sum.

Work will now begin on incorporating plans for the site and the new building, which will provide around 400,000 sq ft of office space, into an overall masterplan for the Group’s 20-acre complex which is bordered by Miller Street, Dantzic Street and Corporation Street.

The masterplan, which will transform an area of the city known as the Northern Gateway, will be unveiled next year.

The Co-op has decided to leave its Corporation Street head office as a result of rising maintenance costs for its existing dated office complex, which includes the New Century House office block, and the need to provide a first class working environment for staff.

The buildings to be vacated by the Co-op include: New Century House in Corporation St; Old Bank Building and Hanover Building in Hanover St; Redfern Building in Redfern St; Dantzic Building in Dantzic Street and Federation Building in Federation St.

Peter Marks, chief executive of The Co-operative Group, said: “Manchester has been our home since our formation in 1863 and we are delighted to be reaffirming our commitment to the city.

“We have made this decision only after an exhaustive search of sites in and around Manchester.

“It is a sustainable choice with excellent transport links which is good for our business, good for our employees and good for the city.”

The new headquarters building which will be built to high sustainability standards, in line with the Building Research Establishment’s Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM), is expected to be ready for occupation by the Group’s 3,000 headquarters staff in 2011.

Tags
manchester