daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2017, 08:19 PM   #4641
VDB
Strong and Stable
 
VDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Strong and Stable
Posts: 19,481
Likes (Received): 26100

X1 MediaCityUK | Harbour City
Residential | Salford

Relevant thread: Click here

Website: Click here



Basic information
  • Status: Under construction

  • Nearest transport: Harbour City

  • Address: 1 Michigan Avenue, Salford Quays, Salford, Manchester M50

Detailed information
  • Architect: AHR

  • Floors: 4x26

  • Height: 4x86m

  • Number of apartments: 1,036

  • Cost: £200m

  • Developer: X1




Core has now topped out on Tower 2. Photo by Dandotco

image hosted on flickr
__________________
Strong and Stable.

GGJ16, Bylina, AbidM, griendt, Berlin Manc and 2 others liked this post
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2017, 08:24 PM   #4642
VDB
Strong and Stable
 
VDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Strong and Stable
Posts: 19,481
Likes (Received): 26100

X1 The Gateway | Salford Quays
Apartments | Salford

Relevant thread: Click here

Website: Click here



Basic information
  • Status: Under Construction

  • Nearest transport: Salford Quays

  • Address: 211 Trafford Road, Exchange Quay, Salford, Manchester M15

Detailed information
  • Architect: DK Architects

  • Floors: 21

  • Number of apartments: 191

  • Height: 62m

  • Developer: X1






Today's update by Dandotco

image hosted on flickr
__________________
Strong and Stable.

GGJ16, WingTips, Bylina, griendt, Berlin Manc and 2 others liked this post
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2017, 11:09 PM   #4643
jrb
10th February 2008
 
jrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 45,809
Likes (Received): 31097



https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewPBrooks
__________________
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 01:31 AM   #4644
jrb
10th February 2008
 
jrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 45,809
Likes (Received): 31097

An update on the Goods Yard proposal. 3 Days ago.

technorthnews.

Today. Robert Phillips of leading architects Cartwright Pickard explains the background to the 475,000sqft Manchester Goods Yard Project;



"Allied London's St John's masterplan will be a new neighbourhood for enterprise,culture and living. It distinguishes itself by its unique cultural history, a diverse mix of inhabitants and a rich context with a mix of buildings new and old, offering residential, leisure, workspaces and art spaces which seek to create a destination but also a community where people will live, work and play.
Providing 475,000sqft of workspace, Manchester Goods Yard is located at the heart of the St John's development.It was conceived as four distinct blocks, linked together at different levels to create dynamic volumes within the building and to allow the subdivision of floor plates whilst maintaining a highly permeable, active ground floor.The building will have a pared back, almost industrial aesthetic, with exposed concrete soffits and columns.The vast factory floors will be able to accommodate a range of businesses and cater for their specific uses and requirements.A simple facade treatment and generous floor to ceiling heights enables various configurations and flexible servicing arrangements.



The upper levels are underpinned by a range of support spaces on the lower levels of the building such as an enterprise/innovation social hub, a creative studio for the creation of online content, shared workspaces for smaller businesses, entrepreneurs and start-ups, a central cycle hub, restaurants, markets and coffee shops. At roof level, there will be a gym,spa, outdoor sports courts and a private members bar/restaurant and a cinema which can be used by tenants and clients. Terraces throughout different levels of the building also provide shared external amenity space.All of these features seek to improve the wellbeing and productivity of those using the building and to create an environment which encourages innovation and collaboration."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbjrt6Yh...=technorthnews
__________________
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 01:58 PM   #4645
blvd93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Manchester
Posts: 93
Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDB View Post
We have lots of very straight roads linking the city centre to the surrounding hinterland as well. Hyde Road, Chester Road, Bury New Road, Liverpool Road (now the M602), the Kingsway and Wellington Road North being a few that I can think of. Probably something to do with the Romans, and the fact that Manchester's flat landscape makes it easier to plot straight roads on a grid-like structure.
The topography makes a huge difference. Compared and contrast Manchester and Liverpool with Sheffield and Leeds.
blvd93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 03:12 PM   #4646
VDB
Strong and Stable
 
VDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Strong and Stable
Posts: 19,481
Likes (Received): 26100



The future of rapid transit

Website: Click here

Relevant thread: Click here


TfGM have outlined their plans for the future of rapid transit in Greater Manchester.


Developing Metrolink
  • Work is already well under way to build the new Trafford Park Line, due 2020.

  • We are currently developing a business case for extending the Manchester Airport line, using a £2.1m grant from central government. This is also referred to as the Metrolink ‘Western Loop’.

  • Our short term ambition is for an initial extension to the Manchester Airport Terminal 2 development, and the University Hospital of South Manchester (UHSM).

  • We have commissioned engineering, architectural and environmental work, and scheme modelling.


Extra trams
  • Metrolink has a fleet of 120 modern and reliable M5000 trams.

  • Following major expansion, the Metrolink network has grown to carry 40 million passenger journeys a year.

  • We know more trams are needed so that Metrolink can continue to grow and keep people moving. We are currently exploring funding options to buy more trams.


Tram-train services
  • ‘Tram-train’ is a light-rail public transport system where tram services like Metrolink can share lines with conventional trains.

  • In Greater Manchester, it could mean ‘metro-style’ services in more areas.

  • It would help to improve access to the city centre at the busiest times, while also offering more capacity on the suburban rail network.

  • We are currently exploring the potential benefits of introducing tram-trains to the city-region as a way of improving rapid transit connections.

  • A number of routes have been identified as having potential for tram-train, including:

    - Manchester to Marple

    - Manchester to Glossop

    - Manchester to Wigan via Atherton

    - Stockport to Manchester Airport


Underground services in Manchester city centre
  • A detailed study is needed to explore the potential for more capacity for rapid transit through central Manchester to be achieved via a tunnel. This would limit the impact of overground transport services in the growing and busy city centre.

  • A tunnel could support the possible conversion of some existing suburban rail lines to metro-style services.

  • This would be a major investment which will need careful planning.
__________________
Strong and Stable.

AbidM, griendt, anorack 1, Bylina, Bligh liked this post
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 06:35 PM   #4647
VDB
Strong and Stable
 
VDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Strong and Stable
Posts: 19,481
Likes (Received): 26100

Landmark | Peter's Fields
Offices | City Zone

Relevant thread: Click here

Website: Click here



Basic information
  • Status: Under Construction

  • Nearest transport:

  • Address: Oxford Street, Peter's Fields, City Zone Manchester M1

Detailed information
  • Floors: 14

  • Height: 59m

  • Office Space: 178,000sqft

  • Developer: Castlebrooke




Progress at Landmark. Photo by markydeedrop

__________________
Strong and Stable.
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 08:41 PM   #4648
Jonesy55
Mooderator
 
Jonesy55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Floreat Salopia
Posts: 14,205
Likes (Received): 20288

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDB View Post


The future of rapid transit

Website: Click here

Relevant thread: Click here


TfGM have outlined their plans for the future of rapid transit in Greater Manchester.


Developing Metrolink
  • Work is already well under way to build the new Trafford Park Line, due 2020.

  • We are currently developing a business case for extending the Manchester Airport line, using a £2.1m grant from central government. This is also referred to as the Metrolink ‘Western Loop’.

  • Our short term ambition is for an initial extension to the Manchester Airport Terminal 2 development, and the University Hospital of South Manchester (UHSM).

  • We have commissioned engineering, architectural and environmental work, and scheme modelling.


Extra trams
  • Metrolink has a fleet of 120 modern and reliable M5000 trams.

  • Following major expansion, the Metrolink network has grown to carry 40 million passenger journeys a year.

  • We know more trams are needed so that Metrolink can continue to grow and keep people moving. We are currently exploring funding options to buy more trams.


Tram-train services
  • ‘Tram-train’ is a light-rail public transport system where tram services like Metrolink can share lines with conventional trains.

  • In Greater Manchester, it could mean ‘metro-style’ services in more areas.

  • It would help to improve access to the city centre at the busiest times, while also offering more capacity on the suburban rail network.

  • We are currently exploring the potential benefits of introducing tram-trains to the city-region as a way of improving rapid transit connections.

  • A number of routes have been identified as having potential for tram-train, including:

    - Manchester to Marple

    - Manchester to Glossop

    - Manchester to Wigan via Atherton

    - Stockport to Manchester Airport


Underground services in Manchester city centre
  • A detailed study is needed to explore the potential for more capacity for rapid transit through central Manchester to be achieved via a tunnel. This would limit the impact of overground transport services in the growing and busy city centre.

  • A tunnel could support the possible conversion of some existing suburban rail lines to metro-style services.

  • This would be a major investment which will need careful planning.
What's the latest situation with the 'Getmethere' integrated ticketing system? Would make such a big difference to transport once one pass fully covers all train/tram/bus travel within a particular zone.
Jonesy55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 10:42 PM   #4649
WingTips
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,542
Likes (Received): 1239

The Goods Yard proposal certainly will be some project !!
WingTips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 10:50 PM   #4650
VDB
Strong and Stable
 
VDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Strong and Stable
Posts: 19,481
Likes (Received): 26100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy55 View Post
What's the latest situation with the 'Getmethere' integrated ticketing system? Would make such a big difference to transport once one pass fully covers all train/tram/bus travel within a particular zone.
Still pants sadly, which is an embarrassment. But I'm confident they're working towards something better
__________________
Strong and Stable.

Jonesy55 liked this post
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 11:47 PM   #4651
Jonesy55
Mooderator
 
Jonesy55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Floreat Salopia
Posts: 14,205
Likes (Received): 20288

The fragmented unregulated bus system seems like a big obstacle, does Andy Burnham get any powers to change that?
Jonesy55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 11:57 PM   #4652
VDB
Strong and Stable
 
VDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Strong and Stable
Posts: 19,481
Likes (Received): 26100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy55 View Post
The fragmented unregulated bus system seems like a big obstacle, does Andy Burnham get any powers to change that?
It is! And yes he has bus regulation powers but he seems to be more focused on other things at the moment. Hopefully it'll enter the agenda in 2018!
__________________
Strong and Stable.

Bligh liked this post
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 12:58 AM   #4653
jrb
10th February 2008
 
jrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 45,809
Likes (Received): 31097

Originally posted by.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Builder View Post
With an Axis bonus. 5Plus tweet.

__________________

GGJ16, Lad, Quicksilver, PortoNuts liked this post
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 01:28 AM   #4654
jrb
10th February 2008
 
jrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 45,809
Likes (Received): 31097

3 more from 5plus Architects, Twitter.

Original posted by Master Planner.





__________________

GGJ16, AbidM, Bylina, Quicksilver liked this post
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 09:52 AM   #4655
jrb
10th February 2008
 
jrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 45,809
Likes (Received): 31097

More Owen Street picture's.

Picture's by.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GShutty View Post
A couple form a neighbouring penthouse. Not the best day for it, but still terrific views

DSC_0366 by G Shuttleworth, on Flickr

DSC_0361 by G Shuttleworth, on Flickr
__________________

GGJ16, griendt, KlausDiggy liked this post
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:12 AM   #4656
jrb
10th February 2008
 
jrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 45,809
Likes (Received): 31097

St John's tower.

VR event for apartment purchasers

James Sidlow, Allied London.

Quote:



James Andrew Sidlow
James Andrew Sidlow
@JSidlow9
Brilliant evening testing the VR with some special VIP guests. @AlliedLondon @StJohnsMCR


__________________

GGJ16, griendt liked this post
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 02:44 PM   #4657
jrb
10th February 2008
 
jrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 45,809
Likes (Received): 31097

Civic Quarter energy network proposed for Manchester

22 Nov 2017, 11:32

A “Tower of Light” designed by architect Tonkin Liu has been proposed as the eye-catching centrepiece of a proposed energy system for Manchester’s civic quarter.



https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/civic-quarter-energy-network-proposed-for-manchester/
__________________

GGJ16, griendt, AbidM liked this post
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 03:14 PM   #4658
Quicksilver
Yanukovich nash boh
 
Quicksilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dubai/Chelmsford
Posts: 9,479
Likes (Received): 4835

Last picture. First I thought, without scrolling, that it's a first supertall for Manchester has finally been proposed Something looked like 70 storeys high.
__________________

griendt liked this post
Quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:09 PM   #4659
VDB
Strong and Stable
 
VDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Strong and Stable
Posts: 19,481
Likes (Received): 26100

Axis Tower | Deansgate
Apartments | City Zone

Relevant thread: Click here

Website: Click here



Basic information
  • Status: Under Construction

  • Nearest transport: Deansgate-Castlefield

  • Address: 19 Albion Street, Deansgate Locks, City Zone Manchester M1

Detailed information
  • Architect: 5Plus

  • Floors: 28

  • Height: 93m

  • Number of apartments: 173

  • Developer: Property Alliance






Update by Matthew Dalrymple

__________________
Strong and Stable.
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 10:54 AM   #4660
VDB
Strong and Stable
 
VDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Strong and Stable
Posts: 19,481
Likes (Received): 26100

The Residence | Greengate
Residential | Central Salford

Relevant thread: Click here

Website: Click here



Basic information
  • Status: Under construction

  • Nearest transport: Victoria

  • Address: 3 Greengate, Greengate, Salford M3

Detailed information
  • Architect: Jeffrey Bell

  • Floors: 34 & 14

  • Height: 110m

  • No. of apartments: 310

  • Developer: Elliot Group

  • Cost: £70m




A piling rig has finally arrived on site at The Residence, indicating that this is now under construction. Photo by GShutty

__________________
Strong and Stable.
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
manchester

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium