daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2015, 10:38 AM   #1321
WingTips

Likes (Received): 1204

"One New Bailey | Salford Central | 33m | 8 fl | U/C"...

Coming along nicely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopfordian Dreamer View Post
Yep I saw it from the People's History Museum today so I got a good pic from the stairs in the museum of the site (I say good pic in terms of my position rather than photo quality as its just phone camera).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnIco View Post
Today, 19 October 2015,

IMG_20151019_132119 by Andrew Nić-Pawełek, on Flickr

The temporary 'square' looks decent. The surface is laid with a resin bonded aggregate rather than bog-standard tarmac.
IMG_20151019_132147 by Andrew Nić-Pawełek, on Flickr

Mr Cladding, Birmingham liked this post
WingTips no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2015, 03:44 PM   #1322
blvd93

Likes (Received): 56

I liked the Ralli Courts buildings that were there before. Shame that they had to go as well as the brown monstrosity on the corner.

the runner liked this post
blvd93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2015, 10:46 AM   #1323
WingTips

"Chinese premier visits to cement new trade links"...

Quote:
THE North will forge new economic partnerships with China and unlock the potential of the Northern Powerhouse, the Prime Minister will announce today. The announcement comes as the Prime Minister and Chinese President, Xi Jinping, embark upon a tour of Manchester, as part of the China State Visit. David Cameron said: "We are committed to rebalancing our economy and building a Northern Powerhouse. China is a key trading partner for the UK and the partnerships being made today will see real investment going into the Nort.
Full story..http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/north...section=273985
Old October 23rd, 2015, 03:41 PM   #1324
WingTips

"UK and China to announce 'Northern Powerhouse' deals"...

Quote:
The UK and China are set to announce a number of partnerships meant to "unlock the potential" of the government's so-called Northern Powerhouse project.

The UK prime minister and Chinese President Xi Jinping are in Manchester on the last day of Mr Xi's state visit.

The first direct flights between Manchester Airport and Beijing and education deals will be announced.
More on this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34607588
Old October 23rd, 2015, 09:31 PM   #1325
WingTips

"Ministers Woo China With Manchester Office Hub"...

Quote:
"The PM will say that Chinese companies will receive tax breaks by moving to a Manchester enterprise zone, Sky News learns"

David Cameron will on Friday woo Chinese companies with generous tax breaks when they unveil plans for a new property development in Manchester as part of Government efforts to establish a new 'northern powerhouse'.

Sky News understands that the Prime Minister is to announce the creation of a new 'China Zone' within Airport City Manchester during a visit to the North West with President Xi Jinping of China.

The new development will comprise two new office buildings which will be reserved for Chinese companies wanting to relocate there.

Ministers hope that the project will attract Chinese companies wanting to establish a hub in the north-west by offering them exemption from business rates because of its location within the Airport City Enterprise Zone.

It will be the latest in a string of announcements aimed at strengthening trade ties between the UK and China during a week when Mr Xi has been feted by the Government and Royal Family.
Full story...http://news.sky.com/story/1574349/mi...ter-office-hub
Old October 24th, 2015, 10:56 AM   #1326
WingTips

Cambridge Street | 83/63m | 29/21 fl | U/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Renaker Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillo View Post
Some poor quality pics taken with my phone and in poor light...but they show the first few bricks have been clicked into place

Mr Cladding, Birmingham liked this post
Old October 25th, 2015, 04:28 AM   #1327
SomeKindOfBug

Likes (Received): 1035

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingTips View Post
"Manchester Arena close to naming deal"...

- See more at: http://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news....z3IN2JZg.dpuf
My dream in life if I were ever to become a billionaire is to start my own company called Manchester Arena so I can sponsor the building and rename it The Manchester Arena Manchester Arena.

pjm0512, VDB, po8crg, stevekeiretsu liked this post
SomeKindOfBug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2015, 07:11 AM   #1328
Quicksilver
Yanukovich nash boh

Likes (Received): 4814

Is it possible to get summary of developments where Chinese money would be be spent on? Thanks
Quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2015, 01:52 PM   #1329
VDB
Strong and Stable

Likes (Received): 25372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Is it possible to get summary of developments where Chinese money would be be spent on? Thanks
I'll try my best when I have some free time

Quicksilver, WingTips liked this post
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2015, 01:53 PM   #1330
VDB
Strong and Stable

This would be one such scheme Quicksilver:

Home / Property / BCEGI selected for major Middlewood Locks project
BDNW: http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/north...s_section=4150

26th October 2015
By Nick Jackson - Deputy Editor

Quote:
SCARBOROUGH Group International has selected Beijing Construction and Engineering Group as its preferred contractor for its 24-acre Middlewood Locks development in Salford.

Chinese constructor and engineering firm BCEGI has been working with Scarborough - owned by the McCabe family - on the design for the detailed planning application for the first phases of the development.

These first phases will comprise the development of about 550 homes, 29,000sq ft of commercial space and extensive new public realm, in the form of canal side footpaths and cycle ways that will connect directly into the city centre.

The application was submitted earlier this month with a planning decision expected in before the end of the year.

This would then enable Scarborough to start on site in the first quarter of 2016.

BCEGI first entered the UK market through an investment in Airport City, Manchester, announced in October 2013.

The company has been actively pursuing further investment opportunities in the UK and in August 2015, announced its most recent investment in St Michael’s, Manchester.

Middlewood Locks received outline planning consent in March 2015 from Salford City Council to deliver a new mixed use community of around 2,000 new homes and up to 750,000 sq ft of commercial development space for mixed commercial uses including offices, hotel, shops, delis, restaurants, a convenience store and gym.

The development is centred on three large basins of the Manchester Bolton and Bury Canal in Salford and is ideally located just a short walk from the central business district and retail amenities of Manchester.

The site has a gross development value exceeding £700m and is expected to create more than 7,000 jobs locally. The scheme is being developed by FairBriar International, a joint venture between Scarborough, Top Spring International Holdings, a Hong Kong-listed real estate developer in the People's Republic of China, and Metro Holdings, a Singapore-listed property development and investment group.

Lee Savage, development director of Scarborough, said: "Middlewood Locks is a unique site with the potential to deliver thousands of new homes, jobs and a first-class business destination. The selection of BCEGI means that we are on track to deliver the first phases of the development and we are confident that this scheme will be transformational for Salford and its wider regeneration activities."

Xing Yan, BCEG International Co managing director, said: “We are delighted to be selected as preferred contractor for Middlewood Locks and have very much enjoyed working alongside the Scarborough team. We are now looking forward to delivering the first phases of development of this significant and strategic regeneration project.”

Salford City Mayor Ian Stewart, said: "This is another exciting development for Salford.

"Salford is growing at an incredible pace and the international investment demonstrates this. We have worked closely together with developers like The Scarborough Group to create new jobs, homes and commercial opportunities and a bring large pieces of unused land back to life."

Old October 26th, 2015, 03:34 PM   #1331
sk327

Likes (Received): 352

I think Middlewood locks will take city living in Manchester to a new level. Quick question though as I'm not familiar with this, are there metrolink stations around there?
sk327 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2015, 03:46 PM   #1332
blvd93

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk327 View Post
I think Middlewood locks will take city living in Manchester to a new level. Quick question though as I'm not familiar with this, are there metrolink stations around there?
Not really, Deansgate-Castlefield is the nearest in the city centre and is a good 20 minute walk and the ones near the Quays are even further.
blvd93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2015, 07:30 PM   #1333
Quicksilver
Yanukovich nash boh

Likes (Received): 4814

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDB View Post
I'll try my best when I have some free time
Thanks. I didn't actually mean for somebody to creat one, I was thinking may be there is something already done by some local newspaper
Quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:37 AM   #1334
VDB
Strong and Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk327 View Post
Distance wise you could deffo walk into town. Especially if they keep their promise on pedestrian links - it's a quick hop across the river.

There is definitely potential for a train station or Metro station, the area is surrounded by railways. You could have a station on the Victoria to Liverpool line on the south side of the site, and then the line to Salford Crescent from Victoria (onwards to Bolton and Wigan) marks the north side of the site.

Metrolink have plans to extend to Wigan. If this goes via the current rail alignment (it might go via Chapel St instead) then I can definitely see TfGM pushing for a station off Oldfield Road.

sk327, WingTips liked this post
Old October 27th, 2015, 11:19 AM   #1335
WingTips

Corn Exchange...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flange View Post
My first visit inside the Corn Exchange yesterday and have got to say the job done is fantastic, defiantly a better refurbishment then The Triangle and the amount of custom in the restaurants was steadily growing with the lunch crowd (most restaurants in the Corn Exchange open around 11am/12pm)

Gino's and Vapiano are the last two restaurant to open who have entrances inside the Corn Exchange and on Exchange Square, with Salvi's and Tampopo the last two restaurants to open with entrances on Exchange Square only.

Plus there are still 4 unit left to let, so the ball is still rolling on who will open in the remaining units at the Corn Exchange. The space where the oculus/void was to be to look down into the basement is rumoured to be a champagne bar, however I do feel it should be left empty as the tables and chairs for all the restaurants do take up a fair amount of space right now.
Old October 27th, 2015, 05:54 PM   #1336
VDB
Strong and Stable

City Suites
Apartments | Salford

Floors: 17 | No. of Apartments: 260 | Developer: Select Property Group

Current Status: Under Construction

Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post120589071

Website: http://www.selectpropertygroup.com/brands/citysuites/

Update by AnIco:

Old October 27th, 2015, 08:08 PM   #1337
WingTips

"Salford constructor in link up with China developer."..

Quote:
A SALFORD construction firm has formed an alliance with a Chinese developer to buy sites for residential schemes in Greater Manchester.The agreement is between Manchester & Cheshire Construction and the Chongqing Jinstar Real Estate Development Company.The companies will form The Anglo-Chinese Alliance to bid for sites focused on helping Manchester Place achieve its target of 55,000 new homes by 2027.Michael Purcell, development director of Manchester & Cheshire Construction, and Steve Yang, Jinstar’s director o...
http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/north...s_section=4150

Birmingham liked this post
Old October 27th, 2015, 10:22 PM   #1338
VDB
Strong and Stable

Whitworth St Corner
Masterplan | City Zone

Developer: Urban & Civic | No. of aptmnts: 238 | No. of hotel bedrooms: 148 | Floors: 11-14

Current status: Planning application submitted

Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post128147612

Planning application has been submitted for this, currently vacant, site in the centre of Manchester:

Quote:
110346/FO/2015/C2 | Erection of two residential buildings (Building 1 comprising 14 storeys plus plant space and Building 3 comprising 13 storeys plus plant space) to provide 238 residential units (Use Class C3) and one hotel building (Building 2 comprising 11 storeys plus plant space) (Use Class C1), with ground floor commercial uses (Class A1 (Shop), A3 (Restaurant and Cafe) and D1 (Non Residential Institution Use) and new public space with related access, servicing, landscaping and associated works with parking for 273 vehicles, 126 cycles and 24 motorcycles within 4 levels of existing basement car park. | Princess Street / Whitworth Street Manchester M1 3PE

http://pa.manchester.gov.uk/online-a...=NWIBGOBC6K000

Mr Cladding, WingTips liked this post
Old October 28th, 2015, 04:33 AM   #1339
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

That cladding looks so good! That is a quality filler!

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/
towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 12:44 PM   #1340
WingTips

No. 1 Spinningfields | 20 floors | 92m | 300,000 sqft - Offices

Mega concrete pour at £73m Spinningfields build"...

No 1 Spinningfields

Quote:
MANCHESTER'S icon-in-waiting, the £73m No.1 Spinningfields building, made its presence felt this week with an unprecedented concrete pour.On Tuesday Allied London’s commercial office development witnessed 150 wagons arriving and successively pouring concrete to form the ‘core 1 base’ for the 24-storey structure.More than 860 cubic metres was poured during the massive logistics exercise, the equivalent of 2,150 tonnes when set.Tony Grindrod, the construction director for BAM, said: “This may be the bigg
http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/north...s_section=4150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiman View Post
As described;

Tags
manchester