daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 25th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #1
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

PANAMA CITY | Top Towers | 60fl x 2 | U/C

Top Towers - Costa Del Este - Panama City

CATEGORY: NEW PROJECTS
BEDROOMS: 2
BATHROOMS: 2
AREAS: 88,00m² / 947,22 ft²

PRICE: FROM US$171,903.00

Luxury condos located in “Costa del Este” community, a residential in Panama City, just 5 minutes to downtown Panama and 10 minutes to the airport.

TOP TOWERS will have 60 stories with beautiful views to the city of Panama, the ocean and the mountains at the East.

TOP TOWERS will have condos from 946 sq. Ft, to 1,119 sq. ft. and beautiful penthouses.

We will have Loft style condos, double height, with floor to ceiling Windows, offering you million dollar views.

ABOUT THE CONDOS:

Condos type 1, from floor 8th to 43th: 104 mts2 (1,119 sq. ft.), 88 mts2 (946 sq. ft.) y 97 mts2 (1,043 sq. ft.).

Featuring:

2 bedrooms,
2 bathrooms,
balcony,
maid’s quarters,
open kitchen loft style.

Condos type 2:
104 mts2,
118 mts2,
97 mts2,
88 mts2.

Featuring

2 bedrooms,
2 bathrooms,
maid’s quarters,
2 balconies.

PENTHOUSES AVAILABLE DOUBLE HEIGHT, 2 BEDROOMS, 3 BATHROOMS, DEN. Floors 52th to 59th.
Areas: 2,345 sq. ft, 2,356 sq. ft, 2,173 sq. ft., 2,087 sq. ft.

Big common area 6 and 7:

- Pool
- Sauna
- Jacuzzi
- Business center
- Home Theater
- Playground for kids
- Squash court and racquetball court
- Ball room
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #2
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Are you sure all these buildings are actually u/c ? This is craziness.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Ni3lS

I am sure preconstruction homes/condos and lofts. Most of these highrises are completed by 2009 or 2010. Like I said : Panama is Booming.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:12 PM   #4
Ni3lS

Panama City Development Map

For people who want to know where the booming area's are..
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #5
Dale

^ That helps.
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #6
Dale

Any plans for rail transit ?
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:01 PM   #7
El Pana

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsiej13 View Post
I am sure preconstruction homes/condos and lofts. Most of these highrises are completed by 2009 or 2010. Like I said : Panama is Booming.
Sure, both are in construction now
El Pana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #8
[email protected]
_VART_

very sexy tower. I like it!
v.@rt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #9
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Likes (Received): 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Any plans for rail transit ?
Yes, there are plans for a new transport system but nothing is approved yet
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #10
VIP
be.net/Hachege

Likes (Received): 39

UPDATES!!! (JANUARY 2008)

VIP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:36 AM   #11
Assemblage23
Übereinstimmend

Likes (Received): 8098

Panama is unstoppable!

New projects keep on comming all the time!!!
Assemblage23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:44 AM   #12
Dale

Would it be too much trouble to post something about Panama City's transit plans on the 'subways and transport' subforum ?
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:47 AM   #13
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Would it be too much trouble to post something about Panama City's transit plans on the 'subways and transport' subforum ?
No, not at all, be my guest
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #14
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Drums View Post
No, not at all, be my guest
No, I mean't someone who knows something about Panama City.
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:37 AM   #15
Flogging Molly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Renders look nice but the construction is terrible. How can they get away with building like that. Safety looks appaling.
Flogging Molly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:23 AM   #16
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogging Molly View Post
Renders look nice but the construction is terrible. How can they get away with building like that. Safety looks appaling.
They don't care. Over here it would have been shut down. The reason these that all these are going up is that they are cheap cheap cheap to build.
andysimo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:53 AM   #17
Al Capone

Likes (Received): 4

the renders are nice and the construction IS terrible.. the structures are going up faster now but the interiors are taking forever to finish... In most parts of the world developers couldnt get away with the security measures (or lack there of), but hey, those things are selling like hot cakes and everyone is turning a blind eye to everything else... long live the boom
Al Capone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:09 AM   #18
Coral Builder

Likes (Received): 0

I lived near the Miraflores locks for 5 months in 2004, at some old US naval barracks (actually they were featured in the film BASIC, with John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson), I also interned at the Smithsonian's Neo-Tropical Research Institute (Cheerfully referred to as STRI by its inhabitants) located in one of the wealthier neighborhoods of Panama City, and I got a really good opportunity to travel around Panama during that time. I really liked Las Tablas(surfing), Kuna Yala and Las Islas Perlas (Diving), and even Colon (a very poor city on the opposite end of the canal), which had an incredible character to it. Panama City struck me as an odd quasi-american city (that is only culturally speaking, as big cities go) of two extremes, with the poor areas surrounding downtown and the CBD in stark contrast with these wonderfully strange architectural additions in the form of fancy (often radically designed) high-rise condos and apartment buildings for "wealthy panamanians". Likewise, there is this international banking center there with over 80 international bank offices in towers. It is truly a shocking place, having experienced most of the rural and other urban areas of Panama, to be then presented with this enclave of cosmopolitain behaviour, as if by some abheration of Panama's reality, and its rural agriculture economy, this area has been reserved for the singular purpose of international business. It is so striking to a foreigner who studies Panama, that while I was there, I actually went to a couple of these high-rise residential buildings myself to verify rumours amongst the locals I hung out with, because they all seemed to think that many of these weird and wonderful condo buildings' were actually empty and their main purpose was money laundering. Not to say that this is true (because who really knows), but I know this will not come as a surprise to any Panamanian, as money laundering has always figured prominently in Panama City (it is reknown as the global headquarters of this activity), but I guess it is good that at least this activity has provided such a beautiful by-product. Either way I would return in a heartbeat to listen to some blaring salsa on the bus on the way to work everyday. Beats shovelling snow...
Coral Builder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:45 AM   #19
No Change No Future

Likes (Received): 738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Capone View Post
the renders are nice and the construction IS terrible.. the structures are going up faster now but the interiors are taking forever to finish... In most parts of the world developers couldnt get away with the security measures (or lack there of), but hey, those things are selling like hot cakes and everyone is turning a blind eye to everything else... long live the boom
That's the tricky thing about this 'boom', Panama IS a relatively poor, third world country, it is experiencing a boom, but this boom is being driven by irresponsible investors who really don't care about safety measures, the impact these buildings have on the city, pedestrian traffic or public areas of any kind, or even if the buildings even look good, a lot of these skyscrapers are posed as luxury towers in the renders but quite a bit have mediocre cheap designs with cheap materials, they end up having crucial facade flaws that break their designs in order to satisfy speculation, which leaves a sort of sweet n sour feel to the boom.

The government is utterly inefficient and corrupt and it honestly doesn't care what gets built as long as they get revenue money.

Not everything is bad however, the entire area of Costa Del Este is a massive masterplanned city, with all the urban aspects of a developed area kept in mind, coincidentally the very best skyscrapers designs are built here, and the planning is thorough, with every construction leaving wide uninterrupted sidewalks, and even a huge central plaza. This is the one area that I have hopes for.

Right now, Panama is a mess of construction cranes and speculation, but I think once all these buildings are done, the major infrastructural overhauls completed(waterfront area, highways, roads, the panama bay being sanitized, the panama canal expanded), Panama city will come together as a major hub for all sorts of things, in the end we'll still a few ugly skyscrapers product of speculation, but there will also be a great number of amazing skyscrapers and great urban areas that will come together with just a lil bit of better planning and infrastructural changes, by 2015 Panama will be very, very exciting.
No Change No Future no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #20
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral Builder View Post
I lived near the Miraflores locks for 5 months in 2004, at some old US naval barracks (actually they were featured in the film BASIC, with John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson), I also interned at the Smithsonian's Neo-Tropical Research Institute (Cheerfully referred to as STRI by its inhabitants) located in one of the wealthier neighborhoods of Panama City, and I got a really good opportunity to travel around Panama during that time. I really liked Las Tablas(surfing), Kuna Yala and Las Islas Perlas (Diving), and even Colon (a very poor city on the opposite end of the canal), which had an incredible character to it. Panama City struck me as an odd quasi-american city (that is only culturally speaking, as big cities go) of two extremes, with the poor areas surrounding downtown and the CBD in stark contrast with these wonderfully strange architectural additions in the form of fancy (often radically designed) high-rise condos and apartment buildings for "wealthy panamanians". Likewise, there is this international banking center there with over 80 international bank offices in towers. It is truly a shocking place, having experienced most of the rural and other urban areas of Panama, to be then presented with this enclave of cosmopolitain behaviour, as if by some abheration of Panama's reality, and its rural agriculture economy, this area has been reserved for the singular purpose of international business. It is so striking to a foreigner who studies Panama, that while I was there, I actually went to a couple of these high-rise residential buildings myself to verify rumours amongst the locals I hung out with, because they all seemed to think that many of these weird and wonderful condo buildings' were actually empty and their main purpose was money laundering. Not to say that this is true (because who really knows), but I know this will not come as a surprise to any Panamanian, as money laundering has always figured prominently in Panama City (it is reknown as the global headquarters of this activity), but I guess it is good that at least this activity has provided such a beautiful by-product. Either way I would return in a heartbeat to listen to some blaring salsa on the bus on the way to work everyday. Beats shovelling snow...
You really have no idea of what you are talking about, maybe you watch to many movies, you should read the real facts about this boom and don´t pretend to know (because you were here only 5 months).
Besides in the past 5 years the country has grown very fast, maybe you´ll be surprised when you see how the city is transforming and urban planning is being put in action, While the businesses that have historically contributed to Panama's economic growth remain strong, maritime transportation, the Panama Canal, and financial services, not agriculture as you think , some other activities appear to be in decline. Still others, which previously played a minor role in the economy, are experiencing unprecedented growth.
Industries such as telecommunications, construction, and tourism have begun to eclipse more traditional pursuits like farming and fishing.

Last edited by Dr Drums; March 26th, 2008 at 10:24 AM.
Dr Drums no está en línea   Reply With Quote