daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Old February 21st, 2014, 06:34 AM   #1201
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

Likes (Received): 1859

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilherme fiorin View Post
I know the author of the photos of other social networks. interestingly, he was one of gremistas who fell in the moat of the stadium collapsed in the fence at the beginning of last year. even though he acknowledges that gremista Beira Rio stadium is more appropriate than the arena to host the World Cup. and is not the only gremista I know and think so.

"Os torcedores ficaram feridos são Patrícia Bisson, Mariele dos Santos, Felipe Vargas Albuquerque, Camila Espiazi, Diana Finckler, Valdeir Escobar, Gilvan Dias, Michel Diestmann."
http://esportes.terra.com.br/futebol...ceb0aRCRD.html
irrelevant.

first because he is not talking about which stadium is more appropriate, Beira Rio or Arena. He is only saying Arena would be appropriate. He might as well be saying that Arena should be hosting TOGETHER with Beira Rio, instead of stadiums in other cities.

second, I don´t really know why your example of the fence collapse, of a section of the stadium (terraces) that would NOT exist in a World Cup (where it must be all seated) and which was ALREADY REFORMULATED (to avoid the avalanche) is important to this discussion.

third, please provide quotes and links to prove this and so many other gremistas think Beira Rio is more adequate for the World Cup. I want to see their reasons.

Probably, the ONLY reason is that they, as well as the city administration, want to hide the large poverty in Porto Alegre from gringos.
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 21st, 2014, 10:13 AM   #1202
guilherme fiorin

Likes (Received): 1328

I do not think a serious incident like this is irrelevant or think the gremio would give up a sector to " avalanches " if the arena was chosen for the Cup (only would put seats in that sector during the event , not in 2012 ) .
Nor do any question to prove what he said . the statement was made in orkut community " libertadores eu tenho" (liberadores cup I have) if you want , you can search for posts in his topic about the Beira Rio or in other topics and, incluse in the about the arena do gremio . also can ask in his orkut profile or facebook .
I posted not because its be a essential information, just by being curious among 200 million Brazilian you post pictures of someone I know and participated in this unfortunate episode.
likewise do not think it's hide poverty . Why the Rolling Stones concert in Rio de
Janeiro , where the stage had to be assembled from scratch , they opted Copacabana beach instead of a favela ?
Simple , organizers prefer best located neighborhoods with good access instead of structure degraded areas because it facilitates the brand . the gremio partner choice by humaita the neighborhood is because the land has a lower cost and greater potential for appreciation , not because it is preferable to invest in a peripheral region. FIFA already , having the choice between a good stadium in a bad location and another in incomparably better area obviously would not take your event to the neighborhood Humaita . Do not post photos of the neighborhood here because I do not consider necessary , but you know very well the shortcomings of the local

Last edited by guilherme fiorin; February 21st, 2014 at 11:20 AM.
guilherme fiorin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 03:44 PM   #1203
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

Quote:
I do not think a serious incident like this is irrelevant or think the gremio would give up a sector to " avalanches " if the arena was chosen for the Cup (only would put seats in that sector during the event , not in 2012 ).
yes, and it would still be irrelevant regarding a World Cup, exactly because the sector WOULD NOT be a standing terrace during the World Cup.

it´s like saying Corinthians Stadium and Arena das Dunas and a few other stadiums are not able to host the World Cup because they will use temporary stands that will only increase capacity DURING the World Cup... oh, but in the rest of time time they will have reduced capacity not adequate to the World Cup, so they would not be able to host the World Cup

Quote:
Nor do any question to prove what he said . the statement was made in orkut community " libertadores eu tenho" (liberadores cup I have) if you want , you can search for posts in his topic about the Beira Rio or in other topics and, incluse in the about the arena do gremio . also can ask in his orkut profile or facebook .
anyway, I couldn´t care less what HE said. It´s his opinion. I remember some Colorados, in the time Inter had to face either signing with AG to host the World Cup or getting out of the World Cup, had the opinion that they should themselves make the reforms and not sign with AG and screw the World Cup, send it to the Arena.

it was their opinion, which I am sure you never shared.

Quote:
I posted not because its be a essential information, just by being curious among 200 million Brazilian you post pictures of someone I know and participated in this unfortunate episode.
yes, there are however much more unfortunate episodes IN THIS WORLD CUP, like Stadiums that missed the deadline for the Confederations Cup (like Beira Rio), resulting in the exclusion of the city...

and several stadiums that are missing all the deadlines of the WORLD CUP itself... again like Beira Rio. I remember you guys said it would be ready in December. It´s already February and it´s not ready. Well, externally yes, but from the photos we can see the circulation areas are still crude and unfinished.

imho, so many stadiums missing the deadlines is also an unfortunate event.

Quote:
likewise do not think it's hide poverty . Why the Rolling Stones concert in Rio de
Janeiro , where the stage had to be assembled from scratch , they opted Copacabana beach instead of a favela ?
Simple , organizers prefer best located neighborhoods with good access instead of structure degraded areas because it facilitates the brand . the gremio partner choice by humaita the neighborhood is because the land has a lower cost and greater potential for appreciation , not because it is preferable to invest in a peripheral region. FIFA already , having the choice between a good stadium in a bad location and another in incomparably better area obviously would not take your event to the neighborhood Humaita . Do not post photos of the neighborhood here because I do not consider necessary , but you know very well the shortcomings of the local
right, but in São Paulo the event was taken from Morumbi to Itaquera
Old February 22nd, 2014, 12:17 AM   #1204
In The End

Likes (Received): 427

Do not take into account opinions of those that don't have technical knowledge of the subject, and omitting facts!
In The End no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:48 PM   #1205
Sparcow

Likes (Received): 652

Be careful! Giving compliments to the Arena make a lot of Rio Grande do Sul citizens get pissed off! Arround 40% of them!
Sparcow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 04:34 PM   #1206
KOSTYK
Student CFDP

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparcow View Post
Be careful! Giving compliments to the Arena make a lot of Rio Grande do Sul citizens get pissed off! Arround 40% of them!
and make happy the rest of 60%.
KOSTYK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2014, 06:15 PM   #1207
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOSTYK View Post
and make happy the rest of 60%.
actually, of the 11 million inhabitants of the state, I suppose some 10% do not identify themselves with either Grêmio nor Inter, or they do root ONLY for some of the small clubs from other towns and cities. Aside some hardcore supports of these small clubs, most supporters of small clubs also root for either Grêmio or Inter.

So it would be more like

36% - Inter
54% - Grêmio
10% - no club / minor clubs

Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:35 AM   #1208
guilherme fiorin

what nonsense "off topic" !!
could question these bizarre numbers posted, but this is not a thread about the number of fans . could also talk about the gremio absence of championship wins in the last 13 years (or before 1981), about the superiority of inter classics or the difference in the turnover of the clubs ... but this is facebook? .
my Intent was not to create a stadiums war in this thread, so click in this link and the know why arena do gremio never had a chance to host the Cup or any other event of this size

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/member...vmessage440556

Last edited by guilherme fiorin; February 23rd, 2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 04:36 PM   #1209
KingmanIII

Likes (Received): 58

To summarize:

blah blah blah Humaita blah blah blah scary poor people blah blah blah blah blah
KingmanIII no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 06:20 PM   #1210
Sangnaris

Likes (Received): 444

Quote:
could question these bizarre numbers posted, but this is not a thread about the number of fans . could also talk about the gremio absence of championship wins in the last 13 years (or before 1981), about the superiority of inter classics or the difference in the turnover of the clubs ... but this is facebook? .
my Intent was not to create a stadiums war in this thread, so click in this link and the know why arena do gremio never had a chance to host the Cup or any other event of this size

Then we need to change the slogan "people' club" to us. What's problem about poverty? It isn't a disease that must be hidden how it not exists.

Government must to find ways to develop and make better people lives in regions like that.

I ever told it and I will continuing repeat: Our government is absolutelly incompetent because doesn't know use the opportunities. Londres and Barcelona used great events to make investiments on regions that needs investiments.

The world cup will pass by here and the only Porto Alegre's legacy will be 5km from two or three streets reformulated in consolidated regions. Basically, Porto Alegre only make the same and the investments continuing in the rich regions.

It's a big "sub-develompent" thought.
Sangnaris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 06:56 PM   #1211
guilherme fiorin

the world cup not enrich the population of the district, only owners of construction companies. Moreover, people in the Humaita neighborhood need more treated sewage, schools and hospitals than roads and flyovers to solve problems that would not have without the arena do gremio there. honestly, the legacy idea exists only as marketing to justify investment of public money in events such as World Cup and Olympics.

the only real advantage is that with better access, the region would become a little more attractive to future investors. but public spending in the region to suit her needs a world cup would be incomparably larger and more complex than current

and from what we've seen so far in terms of work, I doubt that the government could do these works on time, at least with the required quality
Old February 23rd, 2014, 07:58 PM   #1212
KingmanIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangnaris View Post
Then we need to change the slogan "people' club" to us. What's problem about poverty? It isn't a disease that must be hidden how it not exists.

Government must to find ways to develop and make better people lives in regions like that.

I ever told it and I will continuing repeat: Our government is absolutelly incompetent because doesn't know use the opportunities. Londres and Barcelona used great events to make investiments on regions that needs investiments.

The world cup will pass by here and the only Porto Alegre's legacy will be 5km from two or three streets reformulated in consolidated regions. Basically, Porto Alegre only make the same and the investments continuing in the rich regions.

It's a big "sub-develompent" thought.
Exactly.

It's ironic how the Colorados portray themselves as advocates of social justice, yet deride Gremio for building their stadium near a poor neighborhood.

(by the way: property values in the Humaita have increased by 30% since the Arena was built)

mestresplynter liked this post
Old February 23rd, 2014, 08:38 PM   #1213
Sangnaris

Likes (Received): 444

Quote:
the world cup not enrich the population of the district, only owners of construction companies. Moreover, people in the Humaita neighborhood need more treated sewage, schools and hospitals than roads and flyovers to solve problems that would not have without the arena do gremio there. honestly, the legacy idea exists only as marketing to justify investment of public money in events such as World Cup and Olympics.

the only real advantage is that with better access, the region would become a little more attractive to future investors. but public spending in the region to suit her needs a world cup would be incomparably larger and more complex than current

and from what we've seen so far in terms of work, I doubt that the government could do these works on time, at least with the required quality
Exactly, possibly the works would be only streets renovation and acessibility, maybe some seawer infraestructure. But it's something at least.

We ever back to the same essential point, time exists, they have 7 years to think, but our governments...
Sangnaris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #1214
Sparcow

Likes (Received): 652

Quote:

YOU bring a whole post of shit when aomebody just posted something about the Arena, start to talk about Beira-Rio comparisons in the Arena do Grêmio thread and now YOU talk about nonsense off-topic?
Sparcow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #1215
In The End

Likes (Received): 427

Grêmio X Atlético Nacional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucha libre View Post

Do Ducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Meyer View Post

facebook do Grêmio

KOSTYK, alexandru.mircea liked this post

Last edited by In The End; February 26th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.
In The End no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 08:56 PM   #1216
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

I will add this photo

alexandru.mircea liked this post
Old March 24th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #1217
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

State Championship match

In The End liked this post
Old March 25th, 2014, 11:43 PM   #1218
KingmanIII

Wow, it almost looks like a different stadium with adequate grass!
Old April 21st, 2014, 11:48 PM   #1219
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

grass in excellent condition

Tags
porto alegre