daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 15th, 2008, 03:47 AM   #121
CMack
///M

Likes (Received): 2

WTF are you trying to prove? sure, people don't like the design as-is but that doesn't justify how you copy-and-paste the tower into an aerial photograph without a clue of the correct angle and proportions. It just doesn't add up. Making that up by going "uhh well its 119 floors so it must be this tall" as you copy-and-paste as I said it just plain wrong. And stupid. It's not scientific at all, let alone a correct depiction of reality. You clearly don't "get it"

I'm not defending the towers, the design, or anything. I don't give a shit because I don't live there. All I'm doing is pointing out how you are distorting reality.
CMack no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:03 AM   #122
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 135

I found the picture on another thread. It is not mine.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:12 AM   #123
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

The scale is not quite right in that picture but it's almost, a bit too high. Nobody is going for specifics here, if it's 20m taller or smaller it doesn't make much of a difference.
Renderings from the professional architecture firms are often bullshit because they often halve the size of the surrounding towers, or make the desert into a rain forrest, etc.

This is my render assuming 3.5m per floor which is the usual in Dubai. Height and proportions seem OK looking at the model.

BTW where is that petition with 12000 signatures?
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:22 AM   #124
CMack
///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Steve View Post
I found the picture on another thread. It is not mine.
Then claiming or presenting it as fact and as accurate is even more wrong to do. I'm saying that one cannot use a photograph of a scale model - impose it onto another photograph of a site and assume or claim that it everything is accurately to scale without first knowing many different variables such as orientation, angles, depth of field, exact dimensions, etc. Especially in a case like this with a three-dimensional model and a two dimensional photograph at an unknown distance and height above sea-level. I am a graphics professional with enough background and experience on different issues to know what I'm talking about, hence why I said that the picture was very misleading as it was presented.

Quote:
The tower's are shown at the correct scale.
Criticize the towers all you want, that's perfectly ok with me. I just want people to make their own logical decisions not based on misleading "facts" thats all.
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:32 AM   #125
CMack
///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
This is my render assuming 3.5m per floor which is the usual in Dubai. Height and proportions seem OK looking at the model.
Malec - You've done a good job at attempting, given the little information we currently have, to present the towers at scale and orientation, from what I can see. Thanks for the rendering. Like you said, nothing can be 100% certain on most towers from their initial renderings (which are often nothing more than "massings" or vague attempts at showing overall shape and features to clients.) Usually everything in the first phase is conceptual until a client has accepted the design concept proposal. After that comes the detailed work in a computer-aided drafting setting with oversight and input from engineers, architects, planners, etc. Usually not until after this stage is completed will the public have a greater chance of knowing more accurately what is going to be developed.

Last edited by CMack; June 15th, 2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old June 15th, 2008, 05:04 AM   #126
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Official render

1 bed Floorplan http://www.marinaskytowers.ae/fp1.htm

3 bed floorplan http://www.marinaskytowers.ae/fp11.htm
Old June 15th, 2008, 05:05 AM   #127
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

there not that bad, but they should be put in Buisness Bay
Old June 15th, 2008, 05:13 AM   #128
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Agree, location is wrong.
Old June 15th, 2008, 12:27 PM   #129
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6534

Quote:
Originally Posted by helghast View Post
there not that bad, but they should be put in Buisness Bay
indeed, BB would be a great location
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #130
BlackSmith!
Peace sells...

Likes (Received): 6

Podium sucks, its way too big. But towers are nice
BlackSmith! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 02:23 PM   #131
Edwin_kok86

Likes (Received): 0

totally agree BlackSmith! The podium will be way to big in compare with the other towers on the block i think
Old August 10th, 2008, 07:57 PM   #132
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Please sign the petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/marinaskytowers/
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #133
Dequal
Architect

Likes (Received): 503

Quote:
Petition signed. 3 signatures already!
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #134
Deepfield

Likes (Received): 0

Those towers would be better in Dubaď Marina, but with beautiful spires like those of the other supertalls of the marina and with a less-darker facade (and of course with a smaller podium).

It would be great in BB too (if there is no redesign).
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #135
LMC

Old September 30th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #136
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

recent shots from the plot:

[IMG]http://i38.************/2i7q1b5.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 30th, 2008, 10:47 PM   #137
Dequal
Architect

Likes (Received): 503

Any new information about the tower. Is it still going to be build like it was on the renders? (I hope not...)
Old September 30th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #138
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Will learn more next week during the Cityscape. The developer is partecipating as well.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #139
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Dubai- 4 October 2008- East & West the real estate arm of DAS Holding Launches the Marina Sky Towers project. Situated in the heart of Dubai Marina, Marina Sky Towers offers a mix of apartments, penthouses, and commercial spaces within the first tower, while the second is a business-dedicated hub. The 60-storey twin towers house the ideal living and working spaces, along with a multitude of retail facilities combining specialty boutiques, restaurants and entertainment hubs, all jostling for position.

Promoting an environment that is growing ever more refined, Dubai Marina is one of the largest waterfront developments of its kind in the region, conceptualized as a city within a city, proposing a miscellany of residential, commercial, leisure, hospitality and retail services with a view to enhancing the lifestyle of residents and visitors alike.

Enthused by the spirit of its surrounds, Marina Sky Towers is ready and able to become one of the most significant icons within a dynamic community living at the height of fashion. Offering both residential and commercial options, Marina Sky Towers rises above Dubai Marina, almost hugging the water's edge, amongst busy yachts and open-air cafés bustling with a stream of chattering diners and hurrying waiters; suits, secretaries and skateboarders whisking past the scenery.

The artistic design of Marina Sky Towers features curved lines echoing unison and passion as they smoothly rise into the skies, complementing the neighboring area with breathtaking architecture and spectacular vista of the marina, sea and sky.

Marina Sky Towers stands proudly at the mouth of Dubai Marina, unwrapping into the sapphire waters of the Arabian Gulf. With key access points to Sheikh Zayed Road and other major arteries, Marina Sky Towers provides ease of access to Dubai's central areas, Abu Dhabi, Jumeirah and is within walking distance to Dubai Media City.

The project presents an extravaganza of facilities including infinity swimming pools, day care centers, trendy gymnasiums, business centers for meetings and conferences, 24-hour security, guest parking, spa, sauna, Jacuzzi, and all other up-to-the-minute luxury services. In actual fact, the influx of residents and high-tech companies moving into Marina Sky Towers naturally necessitates play and rest areas, stimulating entertainment, fine restaurants and vibrant pedestrian zones.

Marina Sky Towers' vision is a true mixed-use society, a density hub and an environment that fosters serenity, creativity and prosperity.
Old October 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #140
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

the towers are better now but the base is still too big IMO

Tags
dubai