daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Do you flash to warn about speed traps?
Yes (even if it's rarely) 130 74.29%
Never 45 25.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 9th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #141
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
volodaaaa: first one is taken near Hotel California and second one is OK, you can turn right, but you have to yield
I think it is not very often to combine the "arrow traffic light" with "additional green arrow light". But obviously, you are right. What interests me more is how are you suposed to get out from the one-way cul-de-sac without breaking traffic rules Think, it is impossible unless you are Houdini

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #142
Proterra
Korpus niedyplomatyczny

Likes (Received): 230

I always warn other drivers for any danger ahead on the road. May it be playing kids, deer, a drunken pedestrian on the road, pigs (the non-farm animal kind) playing with expensive electronic equipment or whatever else someone needs to slow down for...

This has gotten me out of rather dangerous situations or expensive tickets before, especially south of the border in bloody Slovakia (ever noticed that everything looks like Poland 10 years ago, but the local "law enforcement" has state of the art equipment), and I just think it's a common courtesy to others to return the favour...

Stahlsturm liked this post
Proterra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #143
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
So you are basically saying that it is up to you to judge either speed limits in some cases make sense or in some don't? Why not to obey rules ALL THE TIME instead of that twisted philosophy about politics or other not related topics?
Yes that's what I'm basically saying. I don't feel comfortable with current speed limits and thus feel sympathy for other drivers doing the same.

Stahlsturm liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #144
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

No. Why should I?

However, I do flash to warn about elks and reindeers, since they don't follow any rules. The police, usually, does.

g.spinoza liked this post
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #145
ttownfeen

Likes (Received): 17

I try to, especially if the fuzz is hiding behind a bush or something. Thatz not cool...if they want to set up a radar station, do it in the open.
ttownfeen no está en línea   Reply With Quote