daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Cityscapes and Skyline Photos.

Cityscapes and Skyline Photos. Found urban images from all around the world not taken by you.

Old January 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #201
Munichpictures1970

Likes (Received): 72

Wow great thread with nice pics.

Sponsored Links

Old January 8th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #202
RonnieR

Likes (Received): 1571

Wow, incredible Seoul !!!!

Beautiful, great!
RonnieR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #203
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 49048

I have a map of Seoul (a pocket book with full cover of Seoul: maps, sites, restaurants e.t.c.)...
On the map Seoul looks enormus! Megacity
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 03:05 AM   #204
BOM
Alive

Likes (Received): 6

The Sangnam area looks really slick.

c;
BOM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 03:26 AM   #205
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 233

Seoul can beat New York City anytime in terms of cleanliness and subway transportation and tie in terms of entertainment and business, finance. Plus, Seoul has something unique that no other city in the world can offer: Seoul, a metropolis can sometimes feel very cozy and warm due to the many trees and countryside-like feeling that it gives off during the fall. And a city where people are never in dangerous of being murdered off the streets. Going to downtown Seoul at night is fun, but going to downtown NYC at night is murder-asking lol I live in NY by the way so don't get me wrong. I love the city but I would actually like to live in Upper NJ area
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 05:33 AM   #206
googleabcd

Likes (Received): 0

Lots of cities in the world can give you the same feeling of cleanliness and security, even in the cities in north korea...sorry, just kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
Seoul can beat New York City anytime in terms of cleanliness and subway transportation and tie in terms of entertainment and business, finance. Plus, Seoul has something unique that no other city in the world can offer: Seoul, a metropolis can sometimes feel very cozy and warm due to the many trees and countryside-like feeling that it gives off during the fall. And a city where people are never in dangerous of being murdered off the streets. Going to downtown Seoul at night is fun, but going to downtown NYC at night is murder-asking lol I live in NY by the way so don't get me wrong. I love the city but I would actually like to live in Upper NJ area
googleabcd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 05:08 AM   #207
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

Likes (Received): 3760

GREAT~~.. good job, Donkie.
Mussoda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #208
eduardo90
I'll twist, you'll shout

Likes (Received): 35

Seoul seems to be a very beautiful city!!!
¿Se requiere una intuición aguda para comprender que las ideas, las visiones y las concepciones del hombre, en una palabra, la conciencia del hombre, cambia con cada cambio de las condiciones de su existencia material, de sus relaciones sociales y de su vida social?
eduardo90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #209
oktober69105

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
I lived there for almost four years. Except for the occasional claustrophobia I got in their shopping malls, it was wonderful. It was clean, trendy, safe, fun, and very prosperous. No slums, crime, graffiti, smoking bans, last call, or weird people asking you for money like here in the US. Everyone looked so happy to be a part of things. Have fun there! I am jealous.
oktober69105 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 05:11 AM   #210
东方丹东

Likes (Received): 23

wow___
东方丹东 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 06:50 AM   #211
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2746

Awesome city! Seoul always reminds me of Tokyo...which is a good thing of course.
Old February 7th, 2009, 04:22 AM   #212
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

a little rest in Seoul, guys.

work continued from the prev. page by Donkie... with the same photographer..

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

(all pic from flickr photostream)
Old February 7th, 2009, 04:23 AM   #213
Mussoda
Soul_Seoul

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

(all pic from flickr photostream)

Last edited by Mussoda; February 11th, 2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old February 7th, 2009, 05:05 AM   #214
krull
In Time

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Hmmm, I hope you are been sarcastic, but Downtown NYC? Maybe in some bad neighborhood in NYC, could be dangerous at night. But Downtown NYC is a very safe place and nobody will murder you. I go out a lot of nights and so most of my friends. And I live in this city almost a decade now. Please don't spread unnecessary rumors like that to put down a city.

Anyway Seoul looks like such an amazing place to live and hang out.
* In addition to the 61 percent who say they love the Big Apple, another 22 percent say they "like" New York. Fifteen percent have mixed feelings, and only 2 percent describe their feelings toward the city as "dislike" or "hate." - In record numbers, city's residents say they 'love' New York
krull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #215
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 49048

Seoul looks great
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #216
Fabrega

Likes (Received): 0

Well I been station in Korea, and unleash you speak the language I don't recomend you to go there. The people is what i hate the most, always trying to charge you more because you are a foreigner specially hate the taxi drivers. Koreans are racist people is very segregated there, only nice to you if they have drunk a lot of soju or there is cash involved, they wont even let you in many clubs if you are a foreigner.

The food is nasty, almost all they eat is spicy (I like to taste my food) they eat dogs 2 by the way. And the pics shown are a bad representation of what Seoul looks like except the last ones that show all the commie blocks. What i do like is the area where all the skyscrapers that are close to the city hall, and the metro system but thats about it. Oh and Hyore Lee shes so hot! wonder girls are cool 2!

There are not as many historical sites or old building has I expected either, because of the wars most where destroyed, and just not to long ago their number one relic was burned to the ground by one of their own.

People must stop comparing it to Japan my wife has been in both countries and she said they are completly different, she said Korea was like a cheap copy. I find that funny because there is lot of fake copies of american and european brands products that are sold in Korea.

Plus the weather sucks is to cold or to hot and humid or is manson season or there is yellow dust. I always wonder why people would live there. Korea is like their cars It migth look nice at first glance but we know...

But hey at least it beats Oklahoma City lived there for a while. Now that place really sucks. The best place i personally lived at was Madrid best nigth life i ever experience way to expensive doh. Thats just my opinion take it or leave it, but considering how much a round trip cost from the states i would rater travel somewhere else.

Anyone has pictures of the red ligth district? me and my wife got lost one nigth, it was so weird is like a market but open at nigth and instead of selling meat and fruits, they sell.... oh they also sell meat lol. Just a different kind you dont wanna eat.
Fabrega no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #217
seaniscoming

Likes (Received): 582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrega View Post
Well I been station in Korea, and unleash you speak the language I don't recomend you to go there. The people is what i hate the most, always trying to charge you more because you are a foreigner specially hate the taxi drivers. Koreans are racist people is very segregated there, only nice to you if they have drunk a lot of soju or there is cash involved, they wont even let you in many clubs if you are a foreigner..
Wow,what a silly post here!
As I read your post, you really make me laugh, I can't stop laughing
you are so unmature.
Some of your writings are true but most of them are bullshit,overgeneralizing and exaggerating trivial matters in korea.Those are nothing but bashing korea.

Ok, let me tell my stories.
I've been in korea for almost 15 years.
Surely,there are racists in korea like any other countries, especially the elderly.
But not everybody are the racists. Rather, some koreans prefer foreigners to koreans.Some university students are dying to make friends with foreign friends to learn English or other languages. Some korean girls really brag about their foreign boy friends to korean colleagues.

In my case, ajuma(middle-aged lady)in supermarket near house always give me more for free, because I'm her special client, foreigner.
koreans around me always try to give good impression about their country. They even apologized their country's fault as if they did something wrong to me.

As for the clubs, I have had no problems to enter any clubs here in korea so far.
What kind owners of clubs on earth refuse their clients as long as clients fully are able to pay? They really don't care whether a client is foreigner or not.
The ture is that some owners of clubs don't let US soldiers in clubs.
Because many druken US soldiers have made lots of crimes and trouble here in Korea.
Anyway, are you a soldier?

Quote:
The food is nasty, almost all they eat is spicy (I like to taste my food) they eat dogs 2 by the way. And the pics shown are a bad representation of what Seoul looks like except the last ones that show all the commie blocks. What i do like is the area where all the skyscrapers that are close to the city hall, and the metro system but thats about it. Oh and Hyore Lee shes so hot! wonder girls are cool 2! ..
What do you mean nasty?
Actually, the korean food is very healthy food.
Maybe, some foreigners doean't like the smell of korean food. because most korean food are fermented foods which have lots of lactobacillus.
Don't you know that Kimch and dengjang(soy-bean paste) have anticancer effects? Once you eat korean food, you can live longer.
If you don't want to eat spicy korean food, there are still many foods to eat in Seoul. I mean you can avoid spicy food easily. it's really no problem. why you complaint?
You don't know that Seoul has lots of western restaurants, chinese restaurants, japanese restaurants and even indian restaurants, do you?
You're right that some korean eat dogs but not everyone eat dogs.
Korean don't eat lamb.
Indian don't eat cow.
The muslim don't eat pig.
That's the cultural thing which you can't laugh about.
Maybe, Haven't you ever thought that some korean might think that bullfight( corrida de toros ) is quite cruel?

Quote:
There are not as many historical sites or old building has I expected either, because of the wars most where destroyed, and just not to long ago their number one relic was burned to the ground by one of their own

Seoul has five palaces, two UNESCO worlds heritages, 2 old gates and many national treasures. Also, there are korean-style villiges like Bukchon area.
Maybe, Seoul hasn't filled with old relics but still has many things to see.

Quote:
People must stop comparing it to Japan my wife has been in both countries and she said they are completly different, she said Korea was like a cheap copy. I find that funny because there is lot of fake copies of american and european brands products that are sold in Korea.
This is so funny.
Your wife said that Korea and Japan are completely different.
If so, what things korea copied Japan?
If korea have copied Japan, two countries have to be simillar somehow.

Like you said, there are illegal black markets which sell fake copies indeed.
Ironcally, main costomers of fake copies are also foriengers.
Didn't you know that some ugly koreans supply illegal foreign demands?
If no one buy these copies, those black markets go out of business.

Quote:
Plus the weather sucks is to cold or to hot and humid or is manson season or there is yellow dust. I always wonder why people would live there. Korea is like their cars It migth look nice at first glance but we know...

But hey at least it beats Oklahoma City lived there for a while. Now that place really sucks. The best place i personally lived at was Madrid best nigth life i ever experience way to expensive doh. Thats just my opinion take it or leave it, but considering how much a round trip cost from the states i would rater travel somewhere else.

Anyone has pictures of the red ligth district? me and my wife got lost one nigth, it was so weird is like a market but open at nigth and instead of selling meat and fruits, they sell.... oh they also sell meat lol. Just a different kind you dont wanna eat.
Red light districs?
Almost every countries have prostitution.Why only korea?
There are even some countries which prostitution is legalized within restricted areas
lastly, those red light districts are struggling to survive due to the government crackdown. There are even demonstration of prostitutes for their business.

Last edited by seaniscoming; February 9th, 2009 at 11:44 AM.
seaniscoming no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #218
Labtec
Atlanta

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniscoming View Post
Wow,what a silly post here!
Just ignore the racist loser and move on.
Labtec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #219
pokistic

Likes (Received): 2

Why is he racist? Can't he give us his honest opinion as a foreigner living in South Korea? They seem to like Japan, where the people there are of the same race as the Koreans. Don't jump to conclusions.
pokistic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:52 AM   #220
skyscraper03

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Well I been station in Korea, and unleash you speak the language I don't recomend you to go there. The people is what i hate the most, always trying to charge you more because you are a foreigner specially hate the taxi drivers. Koreans are racist people is very segregated there, only nice to you if they have drunk a lot of soju or there is cash involved, they wont even let you in many clubs if you are a foreigner.

The food is nasty, almost all they eat is spicy (I like to taste my food) they eat dogs 2 by the way. And the pics shown are a bad representation of what Seoul looks like except the last ones that show all the commie blocks. What i do like is the area where all the skyscrapers that are close to the city hall, and the metro system but thats about it. Oh and Hyore Lee shes so hot! wonder girls are cool 2!

There are not as many historical sites or old building has I expected either, because of the wars most where destroyed, and just not to long ago their number one relic was burned to the ground by one of their own.

I lived in Korea for a pretty long time. However, I did't really see or hear some of the things you're talking about.

Seoul kinda sux when it comes to the weather because it is hot in summer and cold in winter... but well... New York City and Chicago are even colder than Seoul and also get as hot as Seoul in summer. So I wouldn't say it's that bad. It's apparently different from mild weather like Vancouver and Seattle's, though.

Oh, and I hate the dog meet too. (and no Korean friends around me liked it or actually had even tasted it)

Lastly, I suggest you not to compare it to Japan.
You know, there is no place as perfect as Japan on Earth. (but for whom?)
skyscraper03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
korea, seoul