daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 13th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #1
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

Part II: Paris' affluent West

I decided to begin a new thread seeing the amount of images.

To view the beginning of this tour, A walk through Paris' affluent West, go to this link:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=606436

This tour resumes where Avenue George Mandel departs from Place du Trocadéro, just across the Eiffel Tower and the Champ de Mars. We are heading westbound and we're basically halfway through the yellow line below.

This avenue is very green with trees and gardens in front of the buildings just behind iron fences. Even the trash has a big plant coming out of it.

At this point in our 2.5 mile walk, along with the abuse our feet endured from days before, our feet were barking. We got tempted in renting or hiring one of these bikes but the "borne automatique" thing was being fixed.

Here is a close up. These stations were throughout Paris. We saw similar concepts in Barcelona and Amsterdam.

Not bad

My buddy in front of this nice area.

Me walking past this empty café. I think it was 3:30 in the afternoon.

We reach Boulevard Suchet and we make a left.

A side street leading to the Bois de Boulogne.

Why do the smallest streets and squares have the longest names?

Our walking tour ended here. After this, we got on the bus and headed a bit down les Maréchaux to Place St-Cloud, to get the metro.

Getting off the bus, looking for the metro entrace. Place St-Cloud is an unattractive plaza as are many along Les Maréchaux boulevards. However, there is an interesting church on this plaza.

I guess I didn't take a photo of the church???

The end. I'll have more Paris pics for a next thread. A plus tard.

Link to the first part of this tour if you have not seen it:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=606436
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #2
Nijal

Likes (Received): 1248

Very good!

Too rich!
Nijal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:47 AM   #3
AlexandraQ
Amo a biodiversidade!

Likes (Received): 17

Paris is beautiful. Everything is very well care. I very much of the photos. Congratulations
AlexandraQ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #4
desiderio_100578

Likes (Received): 0

Moi aussi en regardant son post j'ai pas arreté de penser à tout ce qu'il avait raté...alors que c'était juste à coté
desiderio_100578 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:45 PM   #5
JP

Likes (Received): 14

Great tours! Thanks for your pictures! As I'm still saying the XVIe arrondissement of Paris is the best one for anybody who has some interests for architecture! Next time you've to go to Passy and Auteuil, it's really much more impressive. Pompe, Victor Hugo and Foch are very interesting, and I hope you enjoyed every details which are doing this area so rich, but not as Passy and above all as Auteuil. Those former villages were places for the greatest avant-garde... Next time do not hesitate to ask me some tips

...and just a question...did you change your opinion about Paris visiting those places?
JP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 12:02 AM   #6
Minato ku

I agree even if I prefer the XVe arrondissement for architecture.
Old April 16th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #7
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Great tours! Thanks for your pictures! As I'm still saying the XVIe arrondissement of Paris is the best one for anybody who has some interests for architecture! Next time you've to go to Passy and Auteuil, it's really much more impressive. Pompe, Victor Hugo and Foch are very interesting, and I hope you enjoyed every details which are doing this area so rich, but not as Passy and above all as Auteuil. Those former villages were places for the greatest avant-garde... Next time do not hesitate to ask me some tips

...and just a question...did you change your opinion about Paris visiting those places?

Although I had never been to that specific part of the 16th district I knew that kind of Paris existed because of somewhat similar parts I had seen in the 7th and upper 8th. It did however feel unwelcomed...not because the people seemed unfriendly (although I hardly spoke to anyone) but because it was clear I was in an area where many people are wealthy and I'm not.
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
paris photo