daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Mumbai > Skyscrapers & Supertalls

Skyscrapers & Supertalls Projects under construction above 200m/650ft tall

Old April 19th, 2008, 06:27 AM   #1
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 60

LOWER PAREL | Indiabulls Sky | 48 fl | U/C

IU's edit: the tower has been redesigned. Please see page 29 for the latest render and details

Latest Design:

_____

X-posted from my thread in the international forum

==========================================================

Indiabulls Sky (formerly known as Jupiter Mills Tower) -- Parel, Mumbai

Long awaited (by SSC India forumers, anyway) renderings for the promised residential tower at redevelopment of Jupiter Mills, Mumbai (Bombay) by developers Indiabulls Real Estate has finally been released by Chicago-based Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architects:

^ (Jupiter Mills Tower on left, Elphinstone Mills Tower on right)

According to the architects:
Quote:
Indiabulls Sky is a 75-story luxury residential tower in the heart of downtown Mumbai. To maximize views, the tower includes 50 stories of residential condominiums from floors 25-75. The building was designed to a LEED Platinum standard.
The tower will come literally right beside Indiabulls's Elphinstone Mills Tower (see link for pics and info.)

In one of India's biggest real estate deals, Indiabulls, India's financial services and real estate company, purchased the former Jupiter Mill and adjacent former Elphinstone Mill from India's National Textile Corporation in 2005, to redevelop them into high rise residential, commercial and retail properties.

The former textile mills are located in Mumbai's mill lands, a vast swath of 19th century industrial and textile factories strategically located in central Mumbai. These areas are to form the backbone of Mumbai's Central Business District and command some of the highest real estate prices in the world. This tower is the latest among a slew of skyscraper projects made public in this area of Mumbai.

While still in the final stages of design, the Indiabulls Sky is the latest project reflecting the new trend in Mumbai for organic-looking towers, based on ancient Indian Vaastu Shastra design.

The size of the tower is significant, likely pushing it to supertall heights. Comparing it to the much more conventionally proportioned 60-storey Elphinstone Mills Tower right next beside it, this 75-storey tower will likely be significantly taller, owing to its unconventional design and tall 'stalk'-like central core. If the rendering is anything to go by, this tower will likely be at least 300 meters tall.

With construction of the Elphinstone Mills tower and other commercial midrises at both plots already underway
, we're likely to see the design finalized pretty soon, and if the turnaround time is anything like Indiabulls's other co-located projects, we can expect to see construction start within a years time.

When more news comes on this project, I'll be sure to keep you all updated

Cheers,
Jai

PS:
An even higher quality version of the rendering

Last edited by IU; February 22nd, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 19th, 2008, 06:29 AM   #2
Jai

Some updates from the international thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianpride View Post
The 75fl tower isn't under construction yet (proposed). The 60 fl one on the right is under construction already.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=15925329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai View Post
indianpride, while you're correct that the 60 Elphinstone Mills tower is u/c, the construction picture above is actually the midrise I referred to also located at Jupiter Mills; a software/IT park designed by architect Hafeez Contractor. This midrise and the two skyscrapers will all be located next to each other.:

Incidentally, DLF Universal has this mall-office park development next door, also under construction:
Old April 19th, 2008, 06:30 AM   #3
Jai

More updates from the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavsura View Post
Inside Jupiter Mills

image hosted on flickr

Source: shekhark
Quote:
Another pic of Jupiter Mills from shekhark
Quote:
Some site pics from January of this year

copyright Ashu

Old April 20th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #4
Cov Boy
Cov Boy

Likes (Received): 36

Nice!
Cov Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #5
kalyan

Likes (Received): 0

no 75 storeyed tower here

come on guys, i live practically next door to the jupiter mills construction site since 2005 and i had witnessed the demolition of the mill, groundbreaking and every stage of construction activity in the jupiter mill land. there isnt gonna be any 75 storey tower there, just a modest midrise office comples of 20-25 storey structures. i am just posting the construction activity across my window. soon i will upload clearer photographs the next time i go to my terrace.

WTF, i am not able to find how to attach the photograph along with my post. somebody help plz.
kalyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #6
Suncity
By the ocean

Likes (Received): 3940

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan View Post

WTF, i am not able to find how to attach the photograph along with my post. somebody help plz.
welcome on board. finally a Mumbaikar who wants to post photos of Mumbai in this forum!

here's more info on how to post photos here

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=600498

or here

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=339254

Basically you have to load the photos from your hard drive to some photo storage server (see links above for free hosters) and then put the hyperlink between IMG tags.
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #7
KB335ci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity View Post
finally a Mumbaikar who wants to post photos of Mumbai in this forum!

WTF?

Waiting to see those pics, Kalyan. Welcome to SSC India.
KB335ci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #8
IU
->

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB335ci View Post

WTF?
Suncity was alluding to local Mumbaikars. We have a couple who post regularly but they don't post any pics.
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #9
Jai

Quote:
come on guys, i live practically next door to the jupiter mills construction site since 2005 and i had witnessed the demolition of the mill, groundbreaking and every stage of construction activity in the jupiter mill land. there isnt gonna be any 75 storey tower there, just a modest midrise office comples of 20-25 storey structures. i am just posting the construction activity across my window. soon i will upload clearer photographs the next time i go to my terrace.

Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see the pics.

I'm almost certain that both this and the other tower will come up at elphinstone mills, despite the name. It's the only way the rendering makes sense. IIRC, elphinstone is a bigger plot anyway. Please post pics of that too

Indiansunite, maybe you can do some of your detective work on this building?
Old April 30th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #10
IU
->

Quote:
Indiansunite, maybe you can do some of your detective work on this building?
I called up Indiabulls last friday and spoke with some sales guy. He asked me to send him a mail stating the purpose and what all info I needed. I sent him a mail and asked him to basically check whether all the details about both the projects were right or not. I still have to hear from him. Maybe I'll call up IB again today.

Last edited by IU; April 30th, 2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old April 30th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #11
Jai

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiansUnite View Post
I called up Indiabulls last friday and spoke with some sales guy. He asked me to send him a mail stating the purpose and what all info I needed. I sent him a mail and asked him to basically check whether all the details about both the projects were right or not. I still have to hear from him. Maybe I'll call up IB again today.
you da man
Old April 30th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #12
KB335ci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

I want to know which calling card service you use, IU. NOW NOW NOW
KB335ci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:46 AM   #13
IU
->

I use my landline.

Edit: I also have a calling card by MCI which I sometimes use

Last edited by IU; May 1st, 2008 at 02:53 AM.
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:38 PM   #14
Cov Boy
Cov Boy

Likes (Received): 36

Yeah about time more Mumbai people go active on this forum! That is what's missing! LOL

Look forward to the pics.
Cov Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM   #15
angelfire

Can this be made a bit simpler!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity View Post
welcome on board. finally a Mumbaikar who wants to post photos of Mumbai in this forum!

here's more info on how to post photos here

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=600498

or here

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=339254

Basically you have to load the photos from your hard drive to some photo storage server (see links above for free hosters) and then put the hyperlink between IMG tags.
It is indeed appreciable that you guys go through so much effort to insert an image, however I find the whole exercise a tad too lengthy, is there any easier way of posting images without having to imageshack it first. Moderators maybe having some idea, then again maybe imageshack is one of the sponsors of this website
angelfire no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:53 AM   #16
Jai

I don't see what's so lengthy about it? Just go to imageshack.com, hit browse, upload the image, and then it spits out the code to post it in the forums. It takes 10 seconds.

Of course, I'm lazier. I use the imagebot addon in my firefox browser. Lets you upload with the right click menu from a file or url, or lets you drag or drop images quickly.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:55 AM   #17
kalyan

thanks suncity, jai and others.

i am posting the image of construction activity in the jupiter mill land, taken across my window on 30.4.08. i will be able to post clearer pictures the next time i go to my terrace. but i've got my exams on monday and tuesday, and hence i will post those photographs from the terrace, on wednesday.

there is gonna be a 3 winged office complex there (as of the rendering posted above), having 20-25 storeys each. and there is practically no space left for any more construction activity, and that rules out any possibility of a 75 storeyed tower coming there.

Last edited by kalyan; May 2nd, 2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: error
kalyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM   #18
Jai

Great work!

Yup, those are definitely the Hafeez Contractor-designed buildings... is it possible to take site photos of nearby Elphinstone mills?

According to the rendering, both the Elphinstone Mills Tower and this 'Jupiter Mills' tower are co-located on the same site, virtually connected to each other, and seperated only by an alley. According to the rendering, in front of both is a flyover (Tulsi Pipe road?)

Note how much larger (at least according to wikimapia) Elphinstone mills in comparison.

It would make sense that both towers were located on the larger plot. Differences in the name could be simply to distinguish the towers.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:22 AM   #19
GreyCells
GreyCells

Photos

Quote:
thanks suncity, jai and others.

i am posting the image of construction activity in the jupiter mill land, taken across my window on 30.4.08. i will be able to post clearer pictures the next time i go to my terrace. but i've got my exams on monday and tuesday, and hence i will post those photographs from the terrace, on wednesday.

there is gonna be a 3 winged office complex there (as of the rendering posted above), having 20-25 storeys each. and there is practically no space left for any more construction activity, and that rules out any possibility of a 75 storeyed tower coming there.

Thanks kalyan

Waiting for your phots.

GreyCells
GreyCells no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 02:47 AM   #20
TdotTdot

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Wait, does that mean the beautiful tower in the first post of this thread is totally scrapped out! I was waiting all this time for that to become a reality
TdotTdot no está en línea   Reply With Quote