daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Chennai

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:18 PM   #21
Madras_Fan
A real Fan

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post
It is a pity that the residential towers are now 4 floors only. I dont think FAR is an issue since plenty of land is available in the campus. No where else in India you will find big developments going in for low rise apartments. Even if the FAR is below 2, they could go at least 10-12 floors, and make more land available as open space. This is a criminal waste of space. Perhaps Kannan Infratech could explain the rationale behind this based on the local rules.

I also didn't find the project now in HOK website link which Jai had provided earlier.
Its a problem with distance. Now all had to start there based on the SEZ announced. Perhaps if Chennai - Pondy industrial corridor kicks off then Marg may be in the news

Though they claim it to be in chennai its more than 60 Kms from the Adyar, the southern tip of chennai. NO ONE , I repeat NO ONE who works in chennai will prefer to stay/settle there

Sponsored Links

Old September 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #22
India101

Likes (Received): 1658

The whole project looks great.I like the design of the landmark tower.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #23
ChennaiChap

Quote:
Originally Posted by India#1 View Post
The whole project looks great.I like the design of the landmark tower.
Didn't you read the update few posts above yours? The project has been downsized and the tower is gone.
ChennaiChap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #24
India101

oops.My bad.
Old September 20th, 2008, 03:23 AM   #25
lakshman

Likes (Received): 9

regarding margswarnabhmooi

Is this project really taking off.
lakshman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 07:54 AM   #26
sudheeshnairs

Likes (Received): 17

Would be..they are taking all effort to market it..

They were present in ET-Business Spaces Expo held in Mumbai last month..

Their stall is the one on the right side..

sudheeshnairs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 12:49 PM   #27
India101

? I thought that the project was canceled?
Old September 22nd, 2008, 12:10 AM   #28
Raj_network
BANNED

Cheers Sudheesh!!
Raj_network no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:31 AM   #29
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 60

That's the most random assortment of stock images I've seen in a property booth
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #30
Shriram BR

Exclamation

They were also at the Bangalore IT.Biz event in Bangalore

Some images from their site

http://www.margswarnabhoomi.com/events_bangalore.html

The website seems to have undergone an upgrade.
Shriram BR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 05:22 AM   #31
ShaikSis

Chennai is lagging too much behind in under constructions and upcoming projects of skyscrapers. It is behind even second string metros like Cochin and Ahmedabad. No need to say it is far behind Bangalore and Hyderabad. Skyscrapers do add more elegance and illustrates faster developement of a city. don't know what makes chennai still sleeping in this construction boom where as in other major cities, governing bodies are approving quite faster for projects like multi storeyed Trade Centres,business parks and IT hubs. It is said that Chennai sky limit is controlled not to exceed 60m high by the govt citing as road widths as one of the reasons and chennai harbour rador system is a blockade to elevate the buildings beyond its height. How long are we going to keep these reasons to curb the future development of the city which makes other cities to win the projects over chennai?

I believe chennai roads are far better in widths than other major cities where the bulding heights are between 200m and 400m for under construction and approved projects.

I would like this forum friends to let us more about chennai present construction boom and genuine reasons for us to lag behind other Indian cities!!!
ShaikSis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 06:10 AM   #32
bharani.nitt

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaikSis View Post
Chennai is lagging too much behind in under constructions and upcoming projects of skyscrapers. It is behind even second string metros like Cochin and Ahmedabad. No need to say it is far behind Bangalore and Hyderabad. Skyscrapers do add more elegance and illustrates faster developement of a city. don't know what makes chennai still sleeping in this construction boom where as in other major cities, governing bodies are approving quite faster for projects like multi storeyed Trade Centres,business parks and IT hubs. It is said that Chennai sky limit is controlled not to exceed 60m high by the govt citing as road widths as one of the reasons and chennai harbour rador system is a blockade to elevate the buildings beyond its height. How long are we going to keep these reasons to curb the future development of the city which makes other cities to win the projects over chennai?

I believe chennai roads are far better in widths than other major cities where the bulding heights are between 200m and 400m for under construction and approved projects.

I would like this forum friends to let us more about chennai present construction boom and genuine reasons for us to lag behind other Indian cities!!!

Who said skyscrapers illustrates faster development in a city ? Ever heard of Muscat , Paris , London ? I don't think they boast of many skyscrapers . But they are way better than any Indian city can ever be .
bharani.nitt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #33
krishnancv

Likes (Received): 408

Cities like London have grown as a cosmopolitan city but have maintained their old charm throughout the ages. Such a growth is needed for chennai. One can still see the chennapattinam in the small lanes of triplicane and mylapore. Growth of skyscrapers have been earlier restricted due to the presence of a weather radar at chennai port. As the radar has been shifted to a higher place in the pallavaram hillock last year, tall buildings are slowly but surely soaring into the skies above chennai.

My perspective
krishnancv está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #34
kannan infratech

Likes (Received): 5752

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnancv View Post
Cities like London have grown as a cosmopolitan city but have maintained their old charm throughout the ages. Such a growth is needed for chennai. One can still see the chennapattinam in the small lanes of triplicane and mylapore. Growth of skyscrapers have been earlier restricted due to the presence of a weather radar at chennai port. As the radar has been shifted to a higher place in the pallavaram hillock last year, tall buildings are slowly but surely soaring into the skies above chennai.
The Met Radar has not been shifted yet. The DST has given a formula . You can calculate the max height achievable with inputs like distance from Port Trust and Airport. The details were posted in SSC forum earlier.

Now DST is planning to instal more Doppler Radars at multi locations so that we may not have problems. But it may take years.

With the formula, only Chenglepet and Kanchipuram locality can boast of real skyscrapers. Thnough Hiranandani MANAGED to get 100 metres height, there are other issues.
kannan infratech no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #35
sudheeshnairs

Likes (Received): 17

Skyscrapers are definitely signs of development/growth of a city.

Paris and London do have skyscrapers/highrises. Few days back the SSC banner was of London which showed its impressive skyline.

Tallest building in London, One Canada Square is having 235m and 50 floors. 235m is equivalent to a residential building having about 78 floors.

Paris too have impressive highrises, with Eiffel tower touching 300m and Mont Parnasse Tower with 60 floors and 210m.

Muscat is no comparison here, with just 6 lakhs population. Do you want to compare it with Chennai having 10 -12 times its size?

Finally this is basically a 'SKYSCRAPER FORUM'. The prime focus of this forum is highrises & skyscrapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharani.nitt View Post

Who said skyscrapers illustrates faster development in a city ? Ever heard of Muscat , Paris , London ? I don't think they boast of many skyscrapers . But they are way better than any Indian city can ever be .
sudheeshnairs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #36
Kewl Batty
When it rains, it pours!

Likes (Received): 11

I dont think Chennai will get any real skyscraper any sooner or it'll never get!!
Kewl Batty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #37
ranga

Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Skyscrapers are definitely signs of development/growth of a city.

Paris and London do have skyscrapers/highrises. Few days back the SSC banner was of London which showed its impressive skyline.

Tallest building in London, One Canada Square is having 235m and 50 floors. 235m is equivalent to a residential building having about 78 floors.

Paris too have impressive highrises, with Eiffel tower touching 300m and Mont Parnasse Tower with 60 floors and 210m.

Muscat is no comparison here, with just 6 lakhs population. Do you want to compare it with Chennai having 10 -12 times its size?

Finally this is basically a 'SKYSCRAPER FORUM'. The prime focus of this forum is highrises & skyscrapers.
During my six years stay in chennai during the eighties my experience is that the people there do not relish to dwell in highrise buildings.Now due to increasing land costs they are forced to occupy the so called highrise apts where most of them average three to four floors.I am hearing this radar problem for the past fifteen years which is being pointed out as the stumbling block for constructing skyscrapers in chennai.If the authorities in chennai/TN are serious of really permitting highrise buildings they would have resolved this issue long time back.Chennaites excuses for this by quoting London,Paris and Muscat looks absurd.Chennai has got a good length of fairly wide roads supported with a good suburban railway network and the construction of highrises along this routes would have increased the look of the city.It is a tragedy that the local people there do not comprehend the strength of their city.
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 04:49 AM   #38
ShaikSis

Skyscrapers do illustrate faster development of a city. I didn't say they are the only way of developing a city.As sudheeshnairs told Muscat is no comparison here and London and Paris do have high rises now a days. I would say both London and Paris are also not fair to compare with Chennai as they are well developed cities atleast a century before if I'm not wrong. If you want to compare any Indian city with outsiders, compare cities from China where investment and developement are mainly thru service sectors similar to India which is now the prime factor of attracting foriegn investments in this comtemporary world where infrastructure is the backbone. London and Paris didn't use this strategy to develop their cities before but they are switching to this transformation now if u can closely watch, especially London.
ShaikSis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #39
greatshankar
CoolBreeze

Likes (Received): 36

Certainly, highrises will prevent from horizontal growth of the city. Horizontal growth will end up with traffic mess and cause transport related problems.
greatshankar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #40
dis.agree

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
you mean to say since this is a skyscrapercity forum, we all need to support skyscrapers?
dis.agree no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: