daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 27th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #321
enysjg

Likes (Received): 15

Any news on the Pearl Hotel or the SOCAR Tower? I think the SOCAR Tower is going to be somewhere on Heydar Aliyev Prospect?

enysjg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #322
enysjg

City Star

Some information on City Star from http://www.projeyonetim.com/EN/highl...n=detail&ID=75

The construction of the CityStar project comprising office, shopping centre and residence blocks, which Aral Group, one of Azerbaijan’s largest real estate developers has started in the centre of the capital Baku, continues. The project presently continues on a land of 60,000 m2 with the diaphragm walls, excavation and foundation piles construction works. While PY Consulting International has undertaken the project management and consultancy works of the CityStar, the following firms have undertaken the architecture, engineering and consultancy works of the project:
Architectural Design: Murat Kader, 2Design.
Structural Design: Tuncel Engineering Inc.
Mechanical Design: Moskay Engineering Inc.
Electrical Design: HB Teknik Inc.
Infrastructural Design: Tempo Engineering Inc.
Fire Consultants: Karina Ltd.
Geotechnical Consultants: Enar Engineering Ltd.
Shopping Center Operation Consultants: JLL-Alkas.

The project is expected to be completed in 30 months in total. This most prestigious project in Baku comprises two 40-level A-Class office-building towers, a shopping centre on 60,000 m2, and four residence blocks again on a total of 60,000 m2. The CityStar project, which is built on a total land of 260,000 m2, includes a pool, playgrounds, tennis courts, gardens, education and entertainment centres, and cinema halls in addition to the office, residence and shopping centre functions and constitutes the first phase of the urban development project on a total land of 6 hectares
Old December 27th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #323
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 7546

Quote:
Originally Posted by enysjg View Post
Any news on the Pearl Hotel or the SOCAR Tower? I think the SOCAR Tower is going to be somewhere on Heydar Aliyev Prospect?

Yes, that is for sure, but when they will start it is unknown As for the Pearl Hotel, i am checking DIA's website all the time. If they start they will probably mention anything about it.
Old December 27th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #324
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

UNION PARK - U/C

http://www.unionpark.az
Old December 27th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #325
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

The entrance to "Ichericsheher" (BakSovet) subway station almost done

Old December 27th, 2008, 11:49 PM   #326
FromWarsaw

Likes (Received): 6

It looks really nice.
FromWarsaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 01:21 AM   #327
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Mugham Center - Finished

Old December 28th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #328
enysjg

Sky Park

Sky Park renderings. There is also a video http://www.sky-park.co.kr/eng/sky_int/sky_int01.asp

Old December 28th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #329
enysjg

Mugham Center

A photo I took of the Mugham Center.

Is the new Carpet Museum being built beside the Mugham Center? Does anyone have a rendering of the new Carpet Museum?

Old December 28th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #330
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
A photo I took of the Mugham Center.

Is the new Carpet Museum being built beside the Mugham Center? Does anyone have a rendering of the new Carpet Museum?

The Carpet Museum is under construction and its location is on boulevard very close to the current Mugham Center. As for the renderings, i don't really have it, but have posted its from the picture with president visiting the construction site. The building looks like a big long carpet of gold colour. The picture is somewhere at Baku thread.
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #331
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Likes (Received): 64

I am waiting for the big projects to start...
Kuvvaci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #332
enysjg

Carpet Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
The Carpet Museum is under construction and its location is on boulevard very close to the current Mugham Center. As for the renderings, i don't really have it, but have posted its from the picture with president visiting the construction site. The building looks like a big long carpet of gold colour. The picture is somewhere at Baku thread.
I found it. It is an interesting design. I guess work will start on this now the Mugham Center is finished.

Old December 29th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #333
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Sky Park renderings. There is also a video http://www.sky-park.co.kr/eng/sky_int/sky_int01.asp

Why they changed the design? I liked the first design very much. Also they construct a model house now. What kind of model house is this? See www.azkor.az
Old December 29th, 2008, 08:30 PM   #334
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

"Şefalı" residential complex in Akhmedli district of Baku

http://www.sefali.az
Old December 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #335
enysjg

Quote:
Why they changed the design? I liked the first design very much. Also they construct a model house now. What kind of model house is this? See www.azkor.az
Yes, I much preferred the previous design. The new gold colour is not attractive.

I do not know what the Model House is going to be. It is located in the north-east corner of the plot (by the ABU petrol station), I think that is the bottom right corner of the plan below. There is no building on the plan in that location.

Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM   #336
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Yes, I much preferred the previous design. The new gold colour is not attractive.

I do not know what the Model House is going to be. It is located in the north-east corner of the plot (by the ABU petrol station), I think that is the bottom right corner of the plan below. There is no building on the plan in that location.

Yeah, that is a mystery for me too
I would like to aks you to make new pictures from the construction site of new Park Bulvar and Railway malls. I would like to see whether they have much progress or not. I think the global crisis and the low prices on oil affect the construction sector of Azerbaijan too.
At least as i have heard the governemt thinks about to freeze the big boulevard project and some other projects too.
As for the private sector, i really hope that DIA, Azkor and Aral Group will build their mega projects. As for the rest - Park Plaza, Heerims Moon and Crescent towers i have no belief anymore...

Also i really hope for the huge projects of recreation centers on the north coast of Caspian Sea by Crocus International, recreation center near Baku airport by Azersun and Ski resort in Qusari. It looks like those projects are still alive.

As for the sport complexes, they want to start the construction of 65 000 olympic stadium very soon. The location is empty area between Azizbeyov subway and Sabunchi circle. Let's see when they start.
Also Baku zoo will be rellocated. I suppose they will build a new zoo, not in the center of the city. Meanwhile, the fake of the old one is still unknown.

For the subway in Baku, Azadlyg avenue station is under construction and they have recently announced about 3 more stations to be build in the next years beginning this 2009. So looks like the construction of subway is going really good.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:55 PM   #337
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Construction of Azadlyg Avenue subway station in Baku. The pictures are taken in October 2008. The opening date - december 2009.

Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:19 PM   #338
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Who know about this under construction project in Baku?

Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:23 PM   #339
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

New plan for Baku metro

"Baki Metropoliteni" announced a new expanding plan for subway. According to the plan, Baku subway will get at least 1 new station each year untill 2020. So, already in 2009 they are starting to construct 3 more stations at the same time. So untill 2012 they will finish construction of: Azadlyg Avenue, Mikayil Mushvig, Cavad Khan and Avtovagzal (Bus Station) stations.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 06:48 PM   #340
Dr_Jafarov

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Who know about this under construction project in Baku?

This building is situated near Narimanov monument! The name of the building is "INTEPE".
You should get comprehensive information from http://www.azerkorpu.com/az/projects.php

Dr_Jafarov no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
azerbaijan, baku, baku projects, caucasus, skyscrapers