daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #81
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 7547

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromWarsaw View Post
Its a lovely project and I would love to know about the progress
I know that the construiction area is already fenced. I am not in Baku i asked one of my friend to go and see the territory of Sky Park. He told me that there were many workesrs and i suppose they prepare for foundation works. I will give you more information as soon i come back to Baku.

Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #82
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

OLYMPIC TENNIS COURT - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Construction works are held in 8 microdistrict of Baku and are expected to be finished in the beginning of 2009.

/Azerisport/
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #83
FromWarsaw

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
I know that the construiction area is already fenced. I am not in Baku i asked one of my friend to go and see the territory of Sky Park. He told me that there were many workesrs and i suppose they prepare for foundation works. I will give you more information as soon i come back to Baku.
Thanks a lot. I will anticipate the photos.
FromWarsaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #84
phaedrus
resU deretsigeR

Likes (Received): 4

very impressive indeed!!
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:40 AM   #85
Xtreminal
Azeri Dragon

Likes (Received): 2086

Turkish Aral Group Company Offers New Residential Complex Roseville in Baku

Aral Group, the largest Turkish building company, has, for the first time, renovated and furnished apartments in the residential complex Roseville in Baku, Tamer Peshtak, Director General of the company, stated in the presentation ceremony of the project on 29 April.

“The construction of the complex commenced in May 2007 and is expected to be completed by the second half of 2009,” Peshtak stated.

Roseville consists of 272 apartments measuring 90 to 454 sq.m. each. The apartments will be furnished with European, German and Turkish furniture. Roseville has 18 buildings. The area of the leisure complex (fitness club, sauna, body massage rooms, rest rooms and children rooms) is 1,066 sq. m. and the area of the swimming pool is 320 sq.m.

Peshtek stated that the apartments would be sold on credit conditions on a 1 to 5 year term through the local banks. From 30 April the company will be prepared to carry out the sale of the apartments

The average cost for an apartment in the complex is from $450,000 to $500,000.

Peshtek stated that materials meeting European standards were used in the construction of the complex. Azerbaijani and Turkish builders have been engaged in the construction of the complex.

“The residential complex is durable against earthquakes measuring 9 points on the Richter scale,” Peshtak stated.

Source: Trend
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:21 AM   #86
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreminal View Post
Turkish Aral Group Company Offers New Residential Complex Roseville in Baku

Aral Group, the largest Turkish building company, has, for the first time, renovated and furnished apartments in the residential complex Roseville in Baku, Tamer Peshtak, Director General of the company, stated in the presentation ceremony of the project on 29 April.

“The construction of the complex commenced in May 2007 and is expected to be completed by the second half of 2009,” Peshtak stated.

Roseville consists of 272 apartments measuring 90 to 454 sq.m. each. The apartments will be furnished with European, German and Turkish furniture. Roseville has 18 buildings. The area of the leisure complex (fitness club, sauna, body massage rooms, rest rooms and children rooms) is 1,066 sq. m. and the area of the swimming pool is 320 sq.m.

Peshtek stated that the apartments would be sold on credit conditions on a 1 to 5 year term through the local banks. From 30 April the company will be prepared to carry out the sale of the apartments

The average cost for an apartment in the complex is from $450,000 to $500,000.

Peshtek stated that materials meeting European standards were used in the construction of the complex. Azerbaijani and Turkish builders have been engaged in the construction of the complex.

“The residential complex is durable against earthquakes measuring 9 points on the Richter scale,” Peshtak stated.

Source: Trend
Here is "Roseville"

Old May 15th, 2008, 04:48 AM   #87
fcarvall

Quote:
FULL MOON RISING and CRESCENT TOWER - APPROVED

Heerim Architects has attempted to reinvent the skyscraper beyond the traditional with two lunar inspired projects in the Republic of Azerbaijan.

The Korean firm has dreamed up Full Moon Bay and Caspian Plus that includes Crescent Place on neighbouring peninsulas in the Azerbaijani capital of Baku that look on to the Caspian Sea - the two projects on opposite extremes of the same bay acting as gateway markers.

Hotel Full Moon is essentially a disc with rounded edges and a hole in one of the top corners that appears radically different to the view depending on the angle it is seen from. The frontage thanks to the bulging centre makes it appear more like a glass death star whilst the side profile is more than a little gherkinesque.

Changing appearance depending on the view is reinforced by the cladding treatment the architect has selected. The front will have a glass diagrid whilst the back will be covered with hexagonal honeycombs.

This main building will be a 35 storey luxury hotel with 104,182 square metres of space for only 382 rooms, a relatively small amount of rooms given the sheer size of the internal space on offer. It will reach a maximum height of 158.68 metres.

The hotel is linked via a zoomorphically shaped podium that snakes curvaceously around the boundaries of the site to two residential apartment blocks entitled Palace of Wind 1 and 2.

Acting as the counterpoint to Hotel Full Moon is Hotel Crescent, part of the Caspian Plus redevelopment that stands as a curving arch similar to a crescent moon. The arch-like nature of the building is revealed by the fact that the structure isn't a pure crescent on its inside relying on more regularly shaped columns to help provide it with support.

At 32 floors tall it will also be a luxury hotel, this time with 221 rooms. There will also be 128 serviced apartments in the building. Floor space will 128,140 square metres.

Behind it will stand a further four tall buildings, three of which will be residential with the tallest of the quartet being a 43 floor office building standing 203 metres tall.

Heerim Architects have not long been established in Azerbaijan. They only opened their office in the country in July 2007 and yet have already secured these two major projects that face transforming the capital of one of the world's fastest growing economies.

CRESCENT TOWER

FULL MOON RISING

Source: Skyscrapernews.com
Not to be a pain, but that last picture: the background is Boston. While the project looks like the others in Baku, which are amazing and I congratulate you for them, I feel that that last one may not be for Baku... but for Boston. Look at the buildings and the hill. It's Boston!
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:11 AM   #88
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarvall View Post
Not to be a pain, but that last picture: the background is Boston. While the project looks like the others in Baku, which are amazing and I congratulate you for them, I feel that that last one may not be for Baku... but for Boston. Look at the buildings and the hill. It's Boston!
They just used it as a background. It is Boston, but on the picture above it is definitely Baku
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #89
Onur
BANNED

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
TOWER - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

This under construction tower is located in the area opposite of the Caspian Plaza and Caspian Business Center.

So brutal but traditional.
Onur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #90
Onur
BANNED

BTW is there any infrastructural projects about Baku(without interchanges. Highway, subway, etc.)?
Old May 16th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #91
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnurT View Post
BTW is there any infrastructural projects about Baku(without interchanges. Highway, subway, etc.)?
3 subway stations are under construction (1 of them will be opened in septebmer 2008), 5 bridges some underground and overground pedestrians are under construction, the first Baku ring highway is under construction, Baku-Airport main highway is under reconstruction, Baku-Qabala-Oguz water pipeline is under construction (will be opened in 2009), the old oil area of Bibi-Heybat and Keshla is being cleaned and some other projects i can't remember now.
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #92
Onur
BANNED

Any highway-transportation map or city plan of Baku?
Old May 16th, 2008, 11:10 PM   #93
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Any highway-transportation map or city plan of Baku?
Unfortunately, i don't have any

You can see some transportation projects and pictures i uploaded on the thread of Baku here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=579105
Old May 21st, 2008, 01:34 PM   #94
FromWarsaw

Quote:
So brutal but traditional.
This one I didn't really understand. What is the source of info on this building and what the hell is it in general (residential, commercial or mix-used). Please bring clarity to this one.
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM   #95
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
This one I didn't really understand. What is the source of info on this building and what the hell is it in general (residential, commercial or mix-used). Please bring clarity to this one.
It will be the office tower. It is under construction.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:51 AM   #96
FromWarsaw

Quote:
It will be the office tower. It is under construction.
This is the spot where former "Izmir" restaurant used to be isn't it?
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #97
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
This is the spot where former "Izmir" restaurant used to be isn't it?
I am not sure. It is right opposite to the Caspian Plaza; on the contrary, "Izmir" restaurant is in Izmir park, opposite to Hyatt Regency. Besides, i have seen a deep hole for the foundation of that building. Construction works are going on.
Old May 31st, 2008, 02:02 PM   #98
ibragim_seidov

Likes (Received): 0

galandar, do u know where exactly the MEGA PLAZA is being built. ?
ibragim_seidov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:57 PM   #99
urbanaturalist

Likes (Received): 75

Wow Baku!
urbanaturalist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM   #100
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibragim_seidov View Post
galandar, do u know where exactly the MEGA PLAZA is being built. ?
They clean up many old factories on Heydar Aliyev avenue. Mega Plaza will be siatuated on the place of one of them, but i don't know the eact adress.

Tags
azerbaijan, baku, baku projects, caucasus, skyscrapers