daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM   #3201
WooWoo

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
i notice that a part of spectators are not sheltered in the case of rain
Is it like your thing to constantly comment on British weather on this forum? seriously, it's getting pretty embarrassing now, so leave it out.

On the other hand some great photos. The inside of the stadium is going to look great
WooWoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 1st, 2011, 05:10 PM   #3202
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 1006

it' was just a remark you know! You had the possibility to answer me in a pacific way but you search for battle word everytime

For example in the processus of redeployement of west ham in Statford you could give infos about the restructuration of roof etc...

If you are not able to be objective and take distance from your hate mood i can do nothing guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 05:39 PM   #3203
Mossy22

Likes (Received): 39

but that just shows you were looking for an argument if u knew the roof was going to be extended when West Ham take it over. Please stop trying to cause an argument, though to be fair i dont think your as bad as you used to be. Its all really petty just end it please.

and p.s loads of people go to Wimbeldon to watch tennis on some courts that are not covered , its about the sport, not getting a tad wet.
Mossy22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 06:23 PM   #3204
NesC

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:

If you are not able to be objective
Ehh... I might be out on a limb here but I find this a bit funny coming from you.

I like this stadium by the way. It will be a great olympic stadium and it looks really good with the black skelet.

Last edited by NesC; April 1st, 2011 at 06:28 PM.
NesC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:56 PM   #3205
Axelferis

Mossy22-> i don't know for a roof extension that's why i ask.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:13 PM   #3206
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 1303

Old April 2nd, 2011, 12:03 AM   #3207
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3462

Quote:
Man arrested in London Olympic Park in explosives probe

A man has been arrested at the London Olympic Park site on suspicion of supplying an explosive substance.

The 61-year-old man was held as part of an ongoing investigation which saw two more arrests earlier in the week.

On Tuesday a 40-year-old female security guard was arrested near the Olympic Stadium in east London on suspicion of possessing explosives.

The man arrested on Friday evening has been taken to a police station in east London for questioning.

The Metropolitan Police said he was arrested by officers from the Olympic Site Support Unit at 1825 BST.

A 43-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday at his home in Wales on suspicion of possession of an explosive substance

Both he and the security guard arrested on Tuesday, who worked as a dog handler, have been released on bail until later this month.

Police previously said they did not believe the woman's arrest to be terror-related and said the Olympic site's safety had not been at risk.

Earlier this week building work was completed at the £486m Olympic Stadium, which will be the main venue for the games in the summer of 2012.
BBC
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:28 AM   #3208
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 1225

Anyone else notice that they start the wrap??

Orginally posted by "PortoNuts"
Quote:
-
-
-
-
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 03:41 AM   #3209
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 5107

Yeah, test pieces. The Sophie Smallhorn proposal would look so good. Yep, please let it be her design for the actual stadium wrap.
RMB2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 06:58 AM   #3210
tboy800

Likes (Received): 8

I would like to know when the Astrovision screens will be installed.
tboy800 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:19 AM   #3211
SO143
BANNED

Don't you think that red Orbit tower is kind of small? and its too close to the stadium too
Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:33 AM   #3212
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD

Likes (Received): 2590

no no no, not small enough. It looks like a haemorrhoid/ giant squid attack. It's been continuously slated in the British press and forums, notably too for Anish Kapoor's total sell-out to big business (lets use as much steel as possible from Lakshmi Mittal's companies, that are 'sponsoring' it).
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 12:22 PM   #3213
MoreOrLess

Likes (Received): 205

Quote:
Mossy22-> i don't know for a roof extension that's why i ask.
As far as the roof goes I think you need to consider that London is in many ways in the opposite position of somewhere like Athens. In hotter climates you want a roof for summer events to provide shade while its much less important in winter. In the UK though its rarely hot enough that shade is a big factor but getting rained on in the middle of winter obviously is.
MoreOrLess no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM   #3214
WooWoo

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the spliff fairy View Post
no no no, not small enough. It looks like a haemorrhoid/ giant squid attack. It's been continuously slated in the British press and forums, notably too for Anish Kapoor's total sell-out to big business (lets use as much steel as possible from Lakshmi Mittal's companies, that are 'sponsoring' it).
Its not been continuously slated to be fair

Last edited by WooWoo; April 3rd, 2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: spelling error
WooWoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:20 PM   #3215
Axelferis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrLess View Post
As far as the roof goes I think you need to consider that London is in many ways in the opposite position of somewhere like Athens. In hotter climates you want a roof for summer events to provide shade while its much less important in winter. In the UK though its rarely hot enough that shade is a big factor but getting rained on in the middle of winter obviously is.
i don't share at all your view . Why then emirates and wembley shelter all spectators? they are in london too aren't they?

Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM   #3216
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
i don't share at all your view . Why then emirates and wembley shelter all spectators? they are in london too aren't they?
I guess the difference between Olympic Stadium and the other stadiums you have mentioned such as Emirate and Wembley is that Olympic stadium is only for temporary which is designed to host for Olympic moment. That's why they try to save as much money as possible IMO. I hope we will see more sophisticated design when the current one gets transformed into a new stadium
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM   #3217
JimB

Likes (Received): 1087

Quote:
Wembley and Emirates primarily host events in the autumn, winter and spring months - the most likely seasons to experience precipitation.

The Olympics will be held in the summer.

That's not to say that it won't rain during Olympic athletics events. It almost certainly will at some point. But the probability of rain is greatly reduced in July.
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:52 PM   #3218
JimB

Likes (Received): 1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
Don't you think that red Orbit tower is kind of small? and its too close to the stadium too
It's not even halfway towards reaching its highest point yet.
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 09:40 PM   #3219
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 1303

Image from London2012.com

Old April 4th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #3220
SO143
BANNED

I love this shot because you can see the city skyline as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoNuts View Post