search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Mumbai

Mumbai Project news from the Mumbai Metropolitan Region - Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane
Ľ skyscrapers and supertalls | highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #1
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Likes (Received): 4236

Mumbai - Restaurants | Clubs & Bars

Let's use this thread to track the latest from the city's hotel, restaurant, bar & club scene. Now, this space is not limited to new openings, so let's try to include as many of Bombay's old favourites as well. Feel free to share interesting reviews you may have come across, or even post your own. Please refrain from posting pictures of local and international fast food chains here.

I find http://mumbaiboss.com/category/food/ and http://bpbweekend.com/food-and-drink/ to be most useful when I'm stuck.

Last edited by KB335ci2; November 4th, 2013 at 08:10 AM.
KB335ci2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:10 PM   #2
chennaisky
Da Boss

Likes (Received): 149

Great idea KB!

General Hotel Management Ltd (GHM) has announced plans for a new 42-suite luxury hotel, The Aayu Mumbai, which will also feature restaurants by the world’s most decorated chefs, JoŽl Robuchon and Hide Yamamoto.
Scheduled to open in December 2013, the all-suite hotel will occupy the top five floors of the 50- storey Kohinoor Square’s Central Tower.
The Aayu Mumbai will house Mumbai’s highest bar on the 50th floor’s rooftop terrace, which will boast a swimming pool and deck with ocean views. The 49th floor will have a library lounge, a bar, cigar and cognac lounge, an exclusive malt bar and a boardroom. Guests will also get to relax with a spa treatment in their own room.
Offering contemporary French and Japanese cuisines, the two restaurants at The Aayu Mumbai will be India’s first by JoŽl Robuchon and Hide Yamamoto. L’Atelier de JoŽl Robuchon—when it opens—will be the eighth in the world, and will also offer a tea lounge, pastry shop and collection of wines picked exclusively by Robuchon himself. Hide Yamamoto’s restaurant will feature exquisite Japanese cuisine, including its charcoal Robata grill, homemade ramen noodle bar and sushi and sake counter.
GHM has also planned to open The Chedi Club Suzhou in China and The Chedi Andermatt in Switzerland by the end of 2013.

Source: http://m.cntraveller.in/content/ghm-...es-aayu-mumbai

KB335ci2 liked this post

Last edited by chennaisky; September 2nd, 2013 at 07:37 PM.
chennaisky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:22 PM   #3
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaisky View Post
Offering contemporary French and Japanese cuisines, the two restaurants at The Aayu Mumbai will be Indiaís first by JoŽl Robuchon and Hide Yamamoto
That's good news. Currently, the only quality Jap restaurants are Wasabi, Kofuku, and Hakkasan.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:35 PM   #4
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

San Qi, Four Seasons Hotel, Worli
Cuisine: Asian

Soft shell crab sushi

Atlantic Cod

Robatayaki

Copyright: Bombaywalla

Last edited by KB335ci2; September 16th, 2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:45 PM   #5
chennaisky
Da Boss

Likes (Received): 149

The current operator, Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, would hand over the hotel to the asset owner Pallazzio Hotels and Leisure on Sept 6.

Phoenix Mills’ (PML) flagship luxury hotel in Mumbai is up for grabs.

Global hospitality majors, including Starwood, Marriott and Hyatt, are said to be engaged in hectic negotiations with the asset owner, Pallazzio Hotels and Leisure, a unit of Phoenix Mills.

The current operator, Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, would hand over the hotel to Pallazzio on September 6, 2013. Earlier this week, Pallazzio and Shangri-La decided to mutually terminate the 20-year management contract after operating the luxury hotel for nine months.

Shishir Shrivastava, Group CEO and joint managing director, PML, did not respond to a query on the new international hotel operator/brand.

Industry sources said Starwood is a strong contender for the new management contract. Marriott and Hyatt are equally aggressive pursuing the matter, said one of the sources.

“These chains certainly are front-runners but then the hotel owners could be practically speaking to every possible operator,” the source said.

The current discussions with the asset owner are an indicator that a new hotel operator is yet to be finalised as against PML’s claims of already having someone on board.

Officials at both Starwood Hotels & Resorts and Marriott International said they were not in a position to comment.

Responding to a dna email, a Hyatt International spokesperson said, “The company is not in the race for the management contract at this time.”

There’s also some buzz that the hotel in question will join Starwood’s ‘Westin’ network. Interestingly, Pune-based Avinash Bhosle Group owns a 27% stake in PML’s Mumbai hotel and already has Starwood as the operator for its five-star hotel in Pune under the Westin brand. Its another upcoming property in Goa will also be managed by Starwood under the ‘W’ brand.

PML will have to take a final call on the new operator at the earliest.

This is because the Indian hospitality industry is set to enter the peak business season starting October and not having a hotel operator will make it very challenging for the asset owners.

Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/money/188139...s-mumbai-hotel
chennaisky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:55 PM   #6
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Fenix, The Oberoi, Nariman Point
Cuisine: Contemporary Indian + global

Patrani machchi

Thaali: Bombay paav, chicken liver gravy, dal, curd, and potato bhaaji

Copyright: Bombaywalla
Old September 2nd, 2013, 09:55 PM   #7
sixsigma1978

Likes (Received): 178

Takes one thread like this to bring down project centric website that Mumbai is - its impossible to make out the projects with the hundreds of of "eateries" "bistros" etc thread that clutter other cities (kochi,bangalore, hyderabad chennai being specific examples - they almost started a thread that tracked Birthday and marriage halls - they're almost all like one giant Chaibar) - please dont do that here post whatever you find in Mumbai Discussions!!!
sixsigma1978 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:10 PM   #8
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsigma1978 View Post
Takes one thread like this to bring down project centric website that Mumbai is - its impossible to make out the projects with the hundreds of of "eateries" "bistros" etc thread that clutter other cities
I don't get what the fuss is about when the thread title description clearly states what goes in here.

Quote:
please dont do that here post whatever you find in Mumbai Discussions!!!
There used to be a thread along the same lines as this one somewhere in this section, and an effort to resurrect it proved futile as it was most likely lost in the last SSCI reorg. IU and I thought it'd be a good idea to start a new one given how many new, quality establishments have opened up in the city in the recent past.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM   #9
henchman

Likes (Received): 315

My opinion is that rather than putting up pics of the cuisines and food, this thread should concentrate on the interior and exterior pics of the restaurants and hotels, cz for the food pics there is a dedicated thread of food-pics only.
henchman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:45 PM   #10
sixsigma1978

Likes (Received): 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB335ci2 View Post
I don't get what the fuss is about when the thread title description clearly states what goes in here.

There used to be a thread along the same lines as this one somewhere in this section, and an effort to resurrect it proved futile as it was most likely lost in the last SSCI reorg. IU and I thought it'd be a good idea to start a new one given how many new, quality establishments have opened up in the city in the recent past.
Dont take it personally mate!!

I just fear a thread like this acts as a precursor to "Lets track all meetings" , "lets track all restaurants", "lets track all the lakes around", "lets track all the cinemas", "Lets track marriage halls" - soon the entire thread becomes these flood of little threads that finally drown the U/C, SITEPREP, APP projects that makes Mumbai look so international!!

Its the reason why I avoid going to most other cities threads because its impossible to discern projects from all those auxilliary threads - which end up mostly opinionated discussions! Just look at Kochi Hyderabad and Bangalore threads - wonderful cities whose real projects get drowned in the noise ! And I'm orignally frm Bangalore!!

Once people see project related threads pushed to periphery - they stop focusing on those and start getting into these auxiliary threads - whose importance i dont want to reduce but not at the cost of core projects.

Just look at Dubai, Shanghai threads - for cities that have enough projects - Its better to keep them international - and mumbai is the only city in all of India threads that comes close to those!
sixsigma1978 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:36 AM   #11
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Quote:
Dont take it personally mate!!

I just fear a thread like this acts as a precursor to "Lets track all meetings" , "lets track all restaurants", "lets track all the lakes around", "lets track all the cinemas", "Lets track marriage halls"

Quote:
Once people see project related threads pushed to periphery - they stop focusing on those and start getting into these auxiliary threads - whose importance i dont want to reduce but not at the cost of core projects.
We have enough members who focus solely on project related threads, which always has been, and will continue to be the focus of our discussions here on SSCI. I don't see how a thread on restaurants and hotels in India's largest city could possibly steal the show from all the project related threads in this section, and as India's commercial capital and city of global importance, it's high time we had a thread on the burgeoning hotel and restaurant scene.

I agree with Henchman about putting up more interior and exterior photos than pictures of food and drink.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 08:48 AM   #12
Pals_RGB
u刀尺乇gノ丂イ乇尺乇d

Likes (Received): 7677

Aer Lounge Bar and Restaurant, Four seasons, Worli, Mumbai

Last edited by Pals_RGB; September 3rd, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
Pals_RGB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:07 AM   #13
Pals_RGB
u刀尺乇gノ丂イ乇尺乇d

Four Seasons Hotel, Worli, Mumbai

source

melvinver liked this post
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:08 AM   #14
Pals_RGB
u刀尺乇gノ丂イ乇尺乇d

Four Seasons Hotel, Worli, Mumbai

more photos

Last edited by IU; September 7th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #15
bharatiya
Swag Unmatched

Likes (Received): 27

Anyone wanna post photos inside tryst, prive, other nightclubs?
bharatiya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #16
IU
->

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB335ci2 View Post
I agree with Henchman about putting up more interior and exterior photos than pictures of food and drink.
Sounds good to me as well.

Let's also exclude snaps that just show models at the gym, sunbathing besides the pool or getting treated at the local spa center.

Thanks
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #17
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU View Post

Let's also exclude snaps that just show models at the gym, sunbathing besides the pool or getting treated at the local spa center.

Thanks
Let's not forget to add conference facilities and banquet halls to the list as well.
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #18
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 549

Beautiful, Beautiful pictures excluding the ones that are mostly irrelevant (cutleries, food, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU View Post

Thanks
For a moment, I though you said you wanted to INCLUDE pictures of girls and make it an exception and I had a good laugh about it. But then, you didn't. LOL. But I agree, they are irrelevant and distracting.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #19
Indiadreams
indiadreams

Likes (Received): 1152

For some reason, I too understood it that way. That means nightclub pics wont make it here. Moreover, it is too personal to post pics of nightclubs. Except for those without people which appear in the official websites.
Indiadreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #20
Pals_RGB
u刀尺乇gノ丂イ乇尺乇d

Breeze Restaurant and Lounge, Powai , Mumbai

X-posting from Mumbai cityscapes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak sat View Post
Photo:- Ruhi Seth Gandh The Blah Queen
i didn't knew there was another roof top resturant bar with this beautiful view of Mumbai skyline other than Aer, Four seasons and Dome, Intercontinental
Breeze Restaurant and Lounge, Powai , Mumbai