daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Mumbai

Mumbai Project news from the Mumbai Metropolitan Region - Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane
» skyscrapers and supertalls | highrises

Old November 24th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #1
IU
->

GVK SkyCity | 200 acres | Approved

^ They've got some sort of temporary website/domain with renders and some details. You guys might want to turn off the audio while browsing:

http://win-ms.lkdigi.com/gvkskycity/

The masterplan was designed by HOK architects

Quote:
The pace of progress spreads its net far and wide with the widening of existing roads and creation of brand new arterial roadways in and around the city-side. To leverage the construction of the proposed Underground Metro Rail, important stations within GVK SkyCity have been earmarked and shall provide easy connectivity between the city, the airport and Mumbai. In addition to this, time-saving facilities such as the underground parking below the common areas, open and multi-level parking are within easy reach across the city.

This looks like where the SEAR meets the WEH (foreground)

at-grade eastbound section of the SEAR from the WEH:

Area around T1

Hotel + Comm space at T2:

underneath the SEAR

The skycity development includes all the areas shown in brown:

Check out their website for more --> http://win-ms.lkdigi.com/gvkskycity/index.aspx

Pals_RGB, patel2897, dunefreezer, n20 liked this post
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 24th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #2
fuwad

Likes (Received): 659

Nice update IU !
fuwad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Coolguyz

Likes (Received): 7135

Damn IU,u can dig out almost the impossible,got some super server up in ur head

Anyway guyz,leavin aside the development shown around the ATC tower everythin else is confirmed to be built. For me SEAR entrance from WEH is orgasmic, statue of Shivaji wil be nothin short of awesomeness
Coolguyz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #4
henchman

Likes (Received): 146

Yaar CG how do you know about all this ? where do you work exactly?
And one more thing I was wondering how many aerobridges would MIAL have?
henchman está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #5
henchman

Another thing, just go to that website and see the whole gallery and then tell me when will the whole project be completed including the small trivial things like the chhatrapati shivaji statue and the landscaping in the vicinity and the rest of the building and landscaping.
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #6
mihir1310
No frills attached.

Likes (Received): 299

OH man !! this is so awesome !! I wish all of this is built !!!!!!

Please visit my photo collection:
Boston, New York, Pittsburgh and Puerto Rico
Mihir1310's Photography
mihir1310 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #7
mihir1310
No frills attached.

Likes (Received): 299

Quote:
This is a holy moly, fit for a king !!!!!!

Please visit my photo collection:
Boston, New York, Pittsburgh and Puerto Rico
Mihir1310's Photography
mihir1310 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #8
abhishekdoshi19

Likes (Received): 34

The renders are freaking awesome..but I have a doubt...to make so many buildings, GVK will have to own or lease the land...and I don't think the land belongs to them...Who will construct those commercial buildings, malls then..?
abhishekdoshi19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #9
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

Likes (Received): 612

Just one word.......... wow!!!!!!!!!!!
KuwarOnline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #10
GF1011

Likes (Received): 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekdoshi19 View Post
The renders are freaking awesome..but I have a doubt...to make so many buildings, GVK will have to own or lease the land...and I don't think the land belongs to them...Who will construct those commercial buildings, malls then..?
All of the dark/light brown areas belong to AAI, which is a stake holder in MIAL along with GVK.
That grand entrance to SEAR from the WEH has a colony to its left which must be relocated in order to construct those swanky buildings. Ownership is not an issue, rehabilitation of current users/ encroachers is..

Im still confused, though, by the images as to where the cargo terminal will be shifted to.. and whether the AI/IC colonies in kalina will be moved too? any answers?
GF1011 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #11
Suncity
By the ocean

Likes (Received): 4214

Nice.

Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #12
Coolguyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF1011 View Post
All of the dark/light brown areas belong to AAI, which is a stake holder in MIAL along with GVK.
That grand entrance to SEAR from the WEH has a colony to its left which must be relocated in order to construct those swanky buildings. Ownership is not an issue, rehabilitation of current users/ encroachers is..

Im still confused, though, by the images as to where the cargo terminal will be shifted to.. and whether the AI/IC colonies in kalina will be moved too? any answers?
Shifting of AI colonies is a tricky issue,rehabilitation of it is a long process,the above pics is.only for representational purposes.
Crago terminal wil be shifted to current domestic terminal but it wil require a small amount of space rest GVK can lease out. The airport hotel u/c at domestic terminal is part of the plan
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #13
holaindia

Likes (Received): 30

I love it how the one of the render also has an auto rickshaw in it ! Awesome renders but when will they be built ?
holaindia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #14
Coolguyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by holaindia View Post
I love it how the one of the render also has an auto rickshaw in it ! Awesome renders but when will they be built ?
Construction of Skycity wil start next year.
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #15
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 414

Happy to see all these developments happening in India may it be Mumbai or Delhi or Bangalore....Its been 1 month here in London for me and it makes me feel that India really does need to improve its infra .....Although London is not perfect....

All the best to this project....exciting ....Also see the redevelopment plan for Gurgaon in the urgaon section....its awesome to say the least...

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #16
Abhishek901

Likes (Received): 398

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekdoshi19 View Post
I think AAI will grant this land to MIAL on license basis and MIAL will further sub-license the land to pvt. developers (in case it is not building these developments itself). Same happened with DIAL Aerocity too.
Abhishek901 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #17
MT84

Likes (Received): 265

A whole new Mumbai, near airport

Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/18628...i-near-airport

Quote:
After a delay of over three years, Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL) has started the first stage of development on 200 acres of land around the airport in Sahar by inviting Request for Qualification (RFQ) from private developers to build hotels and other hospitality projects in the first phase. The project will be India’s first 24x7 business and leisure hub, claims airport operator GVK.

Christened as GVK Skycity, MIAL says the hotels, convention centres, retail entertainment centres including theme parks, shopping malls, commercial spaces will be developed on the lines of Bangkok airport, over a period of 8-10 years. Once complete, the project will change the skyline of the suburbs. It will also turn the area near the airport into a hub not only for air passengers, business executives but also for the local residents. The project has been designed by Hong Kong based architectural firm HOK.

“The land parcel for which the RFQ has been issued is vacant and in the possession of MIAL” says a MIAL spokesperson. Another MIAL official said that Skycity is being built in such a manner that an international passenger who comes there would have the urge to stay there as along as he could.

According to reliable airport sources, Maharashtra Urban Development gave its final nod to the proposal a few months ago and then the RFQ was issued. The delay happened because it took time to remove existing structures from the land parcel.

MIAL is already in litigation with HDIL after it terminated its contract with it for failing to shift and rehabilitate slum dwellers from around the airport within the stipulated time.

Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA) which is among the busiest airports in Asia will cater to 40 million passengers every year.

MT84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #18
Yako1

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT84 View Post

Nice.. so if this goes ahead, the hotels (Centuar, leela, regent, etc) which have always been in the areas for the past 20-30 years, will face competition.

Then this whole place will become Bandra-Kurla-Sahar Complex :P
Yako1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #19
Coolguyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yako1 View Post
Nice.. so if this goes ahead, the hotels (Centuar, leela, regent, etc) which have always been in the areas for the past 20-30 years, will face competition.

Then this whole place will become Bandra-Kurla-Sahar Complex :P
Not centaur but Hyatt,ITC,Trident,JW Mariott,Le Meridien wil surely have competition
Old July 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #20
henchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT84 View Post
Ab kahi jaan me jaan aai