daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Mumbai

Mumbai Project news from the Mumbai Metropolitan Region - Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane
» skyscrapers and supertalls | highrises

Old December 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #3821
Smooth Indian

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguyz View Post
No man,curb lanes are best left to paver blocks bcz there wil be some utility company who wil dig the stretches and paver blocks are the best way to repair them
I would say concretize the whole square just at at the junctions or lets say the important junctions. Suitable ducts can be placed below the concrete slab for the utility cos.
In future concretization projects they should plan for carpeting the concrete layer with a layer of asphalt. The parking/curb lanes need not have paver blocks. They also can remain asphalt so that the whole road looks uniformly surfaced.
Another option is to have non-reinforced concrete layer in the curb lane. So utility cos can dig through it and replace the removed part once their work is done.
Smooth Indian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 5th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #3822
Indiadreams
indiadreams

Likes (Received): 469

Isn't there such a plan already? I read somewhere in this thread that it will kickstart soon (utility ducts)
Indiadreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #3823
Coolguyz

Likes (Received): 5583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiadreams View Post

Isn't there such a plan already? I read somewhere in this thread that it will kickstart soon (utility ducts)
Yes man but each newspaper has to report it na!!!First to report it was DNA,now its midday then later it wil be TOI,HT....They report it as and when they get empty spaces
Coolguyz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #3824
MUMBAI MMR

Likes (Received): 532

First look: Rs 4,300-crore Versova-Bandra Sea Link
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML

Artist’s impressions of the Versova-Bandra arm of the Sea Link, which in the future will extend all the way to Nariman Point along Mumbai’s western coast, shows three entry/exit points on the nine-km stretch, and one spot for a proposed extension in the future.
The plans, accessed by Mumbai Mirror, have already received one set of environmental clearances, and the MSRDC (the nodal agency for the Rs 4,340-crore project) is now preparing the groundwork for the tender process.
The link runs approximately 900 metres off the coast. The Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA) has cleared the project, and passed it on to the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MOEF) with a recommendation that it be given a final go-ahead.
A marine geo-technical investigation, to obtain information on the physical properties of rock and soil on the sea-bed, began in October, and the MSRDC hopes to begin construction in January, 2014.
A five-year deadline has been set for the project to be completed. 45
Minutes that commuters will save, according to MSRDC estimates 14
The number of signals you will skip by using the Versova-Bandra Sea Link 1500 Metres. The average depth of the superstructure 9.3
Kilometers. The (approximate) length of the Versova-Bandra Sea Link 16
Kilometers. The total length of roads that will be built, including the three connecting arms 2019
The year this segment of the Sea Link will be completed, if all goes to plan

The project plan includes a 150-metre cable-stayed bridge (similar to the stretch at the Reclamation end of the Bandra-Worli Sea Link) at Juhu beach, to ensure water transport is not affected.

Balance cantilever bridges with 100-metre spans will be built near Chimbai in Bandra, Khardanda and Juhu Koliwada – all fishing villages – to ensure fishermen can navigate the waters without difficulty.

At Versova, the Sea Link will join inland near Nana Nani Park, from where commuters can go right towards Juhu Circle, or left towards Yari Road. This connector will consist of six lanes (three in each direction).

The Juhu Koliwada connector will cut land on the stretch of beach at one end of Khar Danda, near Juhu Koliwada, and then go further inland before turning left towards Juhu road. This stretch will have four lanes.

The Versova-Bandra Sea Link meets the Bandra-Worli segment at a clover leaf intersection. A few kilometers before this, at the Otters Club end of Carter Road, space has been marked out for another connector, which can be built in the future.

complete look.
MUMBAI MMR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #3825
bhargavsura

Old December 6th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #3826
Indiadreams
indiadreams

The connector at Juhu Koliwada is absolutely crazy and almost impossible, without rehabilation and road widening

The proposed connector at Carter road in future should be built initially, IF at all this project sees the light of the day. That is a very big 'IF' there.

God damn it, build the metro. The upper middle class of Bombay will be ready to leave the car at home anyday, if comfortable public transportation is available
Old December 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #3827
akbarsyed

Will it be possible to go underground all the way upto Juhu and then may be continue with the sea link till Versova . The entry - exit points at Juhu and other places might be a challenge but it will do away with all the wrangling and protests that are soon to follow .
I seriously feel this wont see the light of the day and actually it shouldn't as none of us would want to gaze at a bridge sitting at Band stand or Juhu for that matter .
akbarsyed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #3828
Kilo Delta

Likes (Received): 23

Seriously WTF is this?

What about extending the BWSL to Haji Ali and Nariman Point? Isn't that the first priority? In fact forget about that, at least build a frigging interchange at the Worli end of BWSL to remove the bottleneck yaar! If this project ever sees the light of day, I won't be surprised if at the end they decide to cut costs and replace the three interchanges with signals right on the sea-link
Kilo Delta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #3829
bhargavsura

I was surprised this came out of nowhere. Our government doesn't have a stable plan. Why are they going back and forth with feasibility studies when they need to look for a long term and permanent solutions.
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #3830
patentneer
Money4Nuffin-Sex4Free:).

Likes (Received): 46

Consensus by Fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavsura View Post
I was surprised this came out of nowhere. Our government doesn't have a stable plan. Why are they going back and forth with feasibility studies when they need to look for a long term and permanent solutions.

Stable.

Govt. itself is stable, wotsay?

Allow me. Govt. dept.'s try parliamentary, public consensus building.
Politics is run by goon netas, so these public consensus building measures are mostly a farce. Goons hijack public meetings, with a nod & wink by presiding netas. Make believe democracy.

MumbaiMMR, fantastic post, thanks. Consider it done, why? Because in democracy the ideas are bottom up supposedly, read my para above; it's a top down model. Top=Minister.
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:19 AM   #3831
anathema1

Likes (Received): 5

SCLR

Any updates on how the railway overbridge part is going on. The last I heard they had put 4 girders.
anathema1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #3832
devendra1

Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbarsyed View Post
Will it be possible to go underground all the way upto Juhu and then may be continue with the sea link till Versova . The entry - exit points at Juhu and other places might be a challenge but it will do away with all the wrangling and protests that are soon to follow .
I seriously feel this wont see the light of the day and actually it shouldn't as none of us would want to gaze at a bridge sitting at Band stand or Juhu for that matter .
+1 earlier plan was to go underground at bandstand, joggers park and Juhu beach. Don't know why this suddenly changed. I even oppose worli Haji ali sea link. I do not want to go to sea side to see the bridge.
devendra1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #3833
Enkay_01

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by devendra1 View Post
+1 earlier plan was to go underground at bandstand, joggers park and Juhu beach. Don't know why this suddenly changed. I even oppose worli Haji ali sea link. I do not want to go to sea side to see the bridge.
I believe, it will be a problem for planes and helicopters taking off from Juhu Airport, even if the bridge is built at a distance in the sea..
Enkay_01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #3834
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher

Likes (Received): 687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo Delta View Post
Seriously WTF is this?

What about extending the BWSL to Haji Ali and Nariman Point? Isn't that the first priority? In fact forget about that, at least build a frigging interchange at the Worli end of BWSL to remove the bottleneck yaar! If this project ever sees the light of day, I won't be surprised if at the end they decide to cut costs and replace the three interchanges with signals right on the sea-link
True that.

I don't see that kind of thing happening in Versova, that place is saturated big time.
rsrikanth05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #3835
amhrpi

Likes (Received): 2

THis project seems like the elevated railway corridor. I'll be super surprised if this ever sees light of the day
amhrpi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #3836
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher

What is the status of the Western End of the SCLR?
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #3837
Indiadreams
indiadreams

AFAIK, there is nothing to be done on western side. It is just the regular road south of Grand Hyatt, joining WEH. CG and others may clarify.
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #3838
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher

I did notice that they were widening a small bridge near the WEH junction. I assume they'll widen the entire road to six lanes.
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #3839
Sughosh

Likes (Received): 10

That "jinxed" bridge, as described by Coolguyz, seems to be almost ready now, thank goodness. It was horrifying to imagine all the SCLR traffic coming through that tiny road.

Last edited by Sughosh; December 11th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Sughosh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #3840
Indiadreams
indiadreams

Isnt that road south of Hyatt, wide enough?. I have never gone east of Hyatt on that road. But, I think it is 6 lane wide till Hyatt.

Tags
mumbai