daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General discussions > Photos

Old May 1st, 2008, 04:18 PM   #41
EszettRocks

Likes (Received): 187

Finnish-speakers there do understand Swedish but they are mostly accustomed to Finland-Swedish so be prepared to see shocked faces in case your Swedish contains strong local features
EszettRocks no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM   #42
Boscorelli

Likes (Received): 19

Like a really strong Stockholm accent?
"Leget hörru?"
Boscorelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM   #43
Ringil
The Big Cheese

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post
Just because my country is better than yours, doens't mean you have to get so angry.
drunk?

Last edited by Ringil; May 1st, 2008 at 09:58 PM.
Ringil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:40 AM   #44
designwise
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
drunk?
someone is having a hard time facing reality! Finland is better, just admit it.
designwise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:18 PM   #45
sapmi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by designwise View Post
someone is having a hard time facing reality! Finland is better, just admit it.
Shut you're mouth little brother!
sapmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:53 PM   #46
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapmi View Post
Shut you're mouth little brother!
sapmiiiii....you're loosing your temper again.

But okay, let me further develop a point I made some time ago when I engaged in a dialogue last time with ringil.

Symptoms of inferior feelings... [include] ...aggressive tactics, including excessive seeking for attention, criticism of others... The adult seeks attention by explosions of temper, bitterness toward others, and constant irritability. Criticism of others is an effort to project inferior feelings onto others and to minimize personal failures by pointing out the faults of others.
(Timothy Lin, Ph.D., 1997)

Now sapmi of course got a bit hot under the collar a while ago, when we had the wonderful little chat on fashion, and now has been feeling a bit embarrassed about it, hence the attempts to over-compensate by continuos attacks in Finland-related threads.

As for ringil...beats the hell out of me. maybe it was the richest cities list, the top10 of which swedish cities did not make. or maybe the longer development of Finland being typically on a better position on development indicators. I don't know, and I doubt either sapmi or ringil are going to confide in me.

I do, however, ask both ringil and sapmi read the above passage from Lin's article and ask yourself this: do you see theme of finns crying in sweden-thread, or swedes crying in Finland-threads having developed over the years? It'll give you something to think about, and ringil can also keep watching dr. Phil, as I asked you the last time. He can help you to come to terms with your Finland-obsession.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:18 PM   #47
Ringil
The Big Cheese

Quote:
sapmiiiii....you're loosing your temper again.

But okay, let me further develop a point I made some time ago when I engaged in a dialogue last time with ringil.

Symptoms of inferior feelings... [include] ...aggressive tactics, including excessive seeking for attention, criticism of others... The adult seeks attention by explosions of temper, bitterness toward others, and constant irritability. Criticism of others is an effort to project inferior feelings onto others and to minimize personal failures by pointing out the faults of others.
(Timothy Lin, Ph.D., 1997)

Now sapmi of course got a bit hot under the collar a while ago, when we had the wonderful little chat on fashion, and now has been feeling a bit embarrassed about it, hence the attempts to over-compensate by continuos attacks in Finland-related threads.

As for ringil...beats the hell out of me. maybe it was the richest cities list, the top10 of which swedish cities did not make. or maybe the longer development of Finland being typically on a better position on development indicators. I don't know, and I doubt either sapmi or ringil are going to confide in me.

I do, however, ask both ringil and sapmi read the above passage from Lin's article and ask yourself this: do you see theme of finns crying in sweden-thread, or swedes crying in Finland-threads having developed over the years? It'll give you something to think about, and ringil can also keep watching dr. Phil, as I asked you the last time. He can help you to come to terms with your Finland-obsession.
what? Sapmi is this true?
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:21 PM   #48
Boscorelli

Quote:

PHP Code:
Symptoms of inferior feelings... [include] ...aggressive tacticsincluding [B]excessive seeking for attentioncriticism of others...[/BThe adult [B]seeks attention by explosions of temperbitterness toward others[/B], and constant irritability. [B]Criticism of others is an effort to project inferior feelings onto others and to minimize personal failures by pointing out the faults of others.[/B][/I] (Timothy LinPh.D., 1997
But you are talking about a fellow countryman of yours, no names needed!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM   #49
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr

wow. now theres boscorelli, too. didn't see that coming. let's see if more of your countrymen feel their national self-esteem sufficiently threatened to type a reply.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM   #50
sapmi
BANNED

Quote:
Sweden owned Finland for almost 600 years. Is that the root to your inferiority complexes? Poor guys, not even your hero Mannerheim prefered to speak Finnish.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM   #51
Ringil
The Big Cheese

Quote:
wow. now theres boscorelli, too. didn't see that coming. let's see if more of your countrymen feel their national self-esteem sufficiently threatened to type a reply.
I think we could gather even more forumers if we changed the name of the thread to "Forumers against Dw"
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM   #52
Boscorelli

Quote:
You are so wrong you can be, I have no problem with Finland at all, in fact it's quite unknown territory to me, and I'm infact quite interested in it, planning to go there for the first time this summer. The overnationalistic countryman of yours irritates me a bit, I can adnmit to that, but it's him, and he hasn't made me think all finns are like that.
I have finns who are married into my family and my brothers children are half finnish and they are all great people!
And you are not aloud to type a response?
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:38 PM   #53
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr

in 35mins three (3) swedes replied, yet all of you neglected what I wrote, nevermind trying to refute my points. so let me put out the challenge once more: do you see a theme of finns crying in sweden-thread, or swedes crying in Finland-threads having developed over the years?

feel free to take your time to write a good reply, instead of the moronic one-liners that don't really take this discussion anywhere.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:42 PM   #54
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscorelli View Post
The overnationalistic countryman of yours irritates me a bit
They irritate me more than a bit. Back in mid-90s the streets in some rural parts of the country were literally full of them. Fortunatelly in most places that has changed now, but Finland is still not Sweden in that respect.

See ringil and sapmi, that was a good, well thought-out answer from boscorelli, which didnt appear provocative in the least bit. take note and learn.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM   #55
sapmi
BANNED

Quote:
Just because my country is better than yours, doens't mean you have to get so angry.
Quote:
See ringil and sapmi, that was a good, well thought-out answer from boscorelli, which didnt appear provocative in the least bit. take note and learn.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM   #56
Boscorelli

Quote:
do you see a theme of finns crying in sweden-thread, or swedes crying in Finland-threads having developed over the years?
First of all there is no crying! Second you need to relax! You're country is ok!
DW tick people not Finland and Sweden makes DW tick!
But for gods sake is it serious? No!
But serious is Read: FINLAND IS OK!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:49 PM   #57
AtlanticaC5
Right Here, Right Now

This is getting nowhere my friends

Please stay focused, this is just getting silly.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:27 PM   #58
Ringil
The Big Cheese

Moolio, you're way wrong in your accusations. Like Boscorelli, I too have finns in my family and have no problems with Finland. It's great and I've been there a lot. Still that's doesn't change the fact that dw is highly irritating and sometimes needs to be confronted. Now, if I am (in your oversensitive eyes) a "finland hater" because of the fact that I confront him, then sure go ahead and continue attack me and others with the humbug you're spreading, and which you back up with your selfappointed master degree in Doctor Phil-watching. On the other hand though, it's great fun.

Edit: Sorry atlantica, I was too late
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:39 PM   #59
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr

the extent of my humbug-spreading is really up to you in the end. i can give you a promise you will never see me starting a flamewar with anyone, in any thread. i will, however, keep on counter-provoking people, whenever i see it necessary.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:13 PM   #60
sapmi
BANNED

Quote:
the extent of my humbug-spreading is really up to you in the end. i can give you a promise you will never see me starting a flamewar with anyone, in any thread. i will, however, keep on counter-provoking people, whenever i see it necessary.
Cool down man. It's just a brotherly teasing from my side. I have nothing against Finnish people (except for DW). Don't take everything too serious.