daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General discussions > Photos



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:18 PM   #41
EszettRocks
Registered User
 
EszettRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: B:borg
Posts: 362
Likes (Received): 187

Finnish-speakers there do understand Swedish but they are mostly accustomed to Finland-Swedish so be prepared to see shocked faces in case your Swedish contains strong local features
EszettRocks no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM   #42
Boscorelli
Registered User
 
Boscorelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,870
Likes (Received): 19


Like a really strong Stockholm accent?
"Leget hörru?"
Boscorelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM   #43
Ringil
The Big Cheese
 
Ringil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Uppsala-Stockholm region & Sète
Posts: 1,726
Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post
Just because my country is better than yours, doens't mean you have to get so angry.
drunk?

Last edited by Ringil; May 1st, 2008 at 09:58 PM.
Ringil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:40 AM   #44
designwise
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Helsinki , Finland
Posts: 1,111
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
drunk?
someone is having a hard time facing reality! Finland is better, just admit it.
designwise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:18 PM   #45
sapmi
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,107
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by designwise View Post
someone is having a hard time facing reality! Finland is better, just admit it.
Shut you're mouth little brother!
sapmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:53 PM   #46
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr
 
Moolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ユヴァスキュラ
Posts: 1,039
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapmi View Post
Shut you're mouth little brother!
sapmiiiii....you're loosing your temper again.

But okay, let me further develop a point I made some time ago when I engaged in a dialogue last time with ringil.

Symptoms of inferior feelings... [include] ...aggressive tactics, including excessive seeking for attention, criticism of others... The adult seeks attention by explosions of temper, bitterness toward others, and constant irritability. Criticism of others is an effort to project inferior feelings onto others and to minimize personal failures by pointing out the faults of others.
(Timothy Lin, Ph.D., 1997)

Now sapmi of course got a bit hot under the collar a while ago, when we had the wonderful little chat on fashion, and now has been feeling a bit embarrassed about it, hence the attempts to over-compensate by continuos attacks in Finland-related threads.

As for ringil...beats the hell out of me. maybe it was the richest cities list, the top10 of which swedish cities did not make. or maybe the longer development of Finland being typically on a better position on development indicators. I don't know, and I doubt either sapmi or ringil are going to confide in me.

I do, however, ask both ringil and sapmi read the above passage from Lin's article and ask yourself this: do you see theme of finns crying in sweden-thread, or swedes crying in Finland-threads having developed over the years? It'll give you something to think about, and ringil can also keep watching dr. Phil, as I asked you the last time. He can help you to come to terms with your Finland-obsession.
__________________
My Gallery
Moolio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:18 PM   #47
Ringil
The Big Cheese
 
Ringil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Uppsala-Stockholm region & Sète
Posts: 1,726
Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post
sapmiiiii....you're loosing your temper again.

But okay, let me further develop a point I made some time ago when I engaged in a dialogue last time with ringil.

Symptoms of inferior feelings... [include] ...aggressive tactics, including excessive seeking for attention, criticism of others... The adult seeks attention by explosions of temper, bitterness toward others, and constant irritability. Criticism of others is an effort to project inferior feelings onto others and to minimize personal failures by pointing out the faults of others.
(Timothy Lin, Ph.D., 1997)

Now sapmi of course got a bit hot under the collar a while ago, when we had the wonderful little chat on fashion, and now has been feeling a bit embarrassed about it, hence the attempts to over-compensate by continuos attacks in Finland-related threads.

As for ringil...beats the hell out of me. maybe it was the richest cities list, the top10 of which swedish cities did not make. or maybe the longer development of Finland being typically on a better position on development indicators. I don't know, and I doubt either sapmi or ringil are going to confide in me.

I do, however, ask both ringil and sapmi read the above passage from Lin's article and ask yourself this: do you see theme of finns crying in sweden-thread, or swedes crying in Finland-threads having developed over the years? It'll give you something to think about, and ringil can also keep watching dr. Phil, as I asked you the last time. He can help you to come to terms with your Finland-obsession.
what? Sapmi is this true?
Ringil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:21 PM   #48
Boscorelli
Registered User
 
Boscorelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,870
Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post

PHP Code:
Symptoms of inferior feelings... [include] ...aggressive tacticsincluding [B]excessive seeking for attentioncriticism of others...[/BThe adult [B]seeks attention by explosions of temperbitterness toward others[/B], and constant irritability. [B]Criticism of others is an effort to project inferior feelings onto others and to minimize personal failures by pointing out the faults of others.[/B][/I] (Timothy LinPh.D., 1997
But you are talking about a fellow countryman of yours, no names needed!
Boscorelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM   #49
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr
 
Moolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ユヴァスキュラ
Posts: 1,039
Likes (Received): 6

wow. now theres boscorelli, too. didn't see that coming. let's see if more of your countrymen feel their national self-esteem sufficiently threatened to type a reply.
__________________
My Gallery
Moolio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM   #50
sapmi
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,107
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post
I do, however, ask both ringil and sapmi read the above passage from Lin's article and ask yourself this: do you see theme of finns crying in sweden-thread, or swedes crying in Finland-threads having developed over the years? It'll give you something to think about, and ringil can also keep watching dr. Phil, as I asked you the last time. He can help you to come to terms with your Finland-obsession.
Sweden owned Finland for almost 600 years. Is that the root to your inferiority complexes? Poor guys, not even your hero Mannerheim prefered to speak Finnish.
sapmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM   #51
Ringil
The Big Cheese
 
Ringil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Uppsala-Stockholm region & Sète
Posts: 1,726
Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post
wow. now theres boscorelli, too. didn't see that coming. let's see if more of your countrymen feel their national self-esteem sufficiently threatened to type a reply.
I think we could gather even more forumers if we changed the name of the thread to "Forumers against Dw"
Ringil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM   #52
Boscorelli
Registered User
 
Boscorelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,870
Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post
wow. now theres boscorelli, too. didn't see that coming. let's see if more of your countrymen feel their national self-esteem sufficiently threatened to type a reply.
You are so wrong you can be, I have no problem with Finland at all, in fact it's quite unknown territory to me, and I'm infact quite interested in it, planning to go there for the first time this summer. The overnationalistic countryman of yours irritates me a bit, I can adnmit to that, but it's him, and he hasn't made me think all finns are like that.
I have finns who are married into my family and my brothers children are half finnish and they are all great people!
And you are not aloud to type a response?
Boscorelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:38 PM   #53
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr
 
Moolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ユヴァスキュラ
Posts: 1,039
Likes (Received): 6

in 35mins three (3) swedes replied, yet all of you neglected what I wrote, nevermind trying to refute my points. so let me put out the challenge once more: do you see a theme of finns crying in sweden-thread, or swedes crying in Finland-threads having developed over the years?

feel free to take your time to write a good reply, instead of the moronic one-liners that don't really take this discussion anywhere.
__________________
My Gallery
Moolio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:42 PM   #54
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr
 
Moolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ユヴァスキュラ
Posts: 1,039
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscorelli View Post
The overnationalistic countryman of yours irritates me a bit
They irritate me more than a bit. Back in mid-90s the streets in some rural parts of the country were literally full of them. Fortunatelly in most places that has changed now, but Finland is still not Sweden in that respect.


See ringil and sapmi, that was a good, well thought-out answer from boscorelli, which didnt appear provocative in the least bit. take note and learn.
__________________
My Gallery
Moolio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM   #55
sapmi
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,107
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post
Just because my country is better than yours, doens't mean you have to get so angry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post
See ringil and sapmi, that was a good, well thought-out answer from boscorelli, which didnt appear provocative in the least bit. take note and learn.
sapmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM   #56
Boscorelli
Registered User
 
Boscorelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,870
Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post
do you see a theme of finns crying in sweden-thread, or swedes crying in Finland-threads having developed over the years?
First of all there is no crying! Second you need to relax! You're country is ok!
DW tick people not Finland and Sweden makes DW tick!
But for gods sake is it serious? No!
But serious is Read: FINLAND IS OK!
Boscorelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:49 PM   #57
AtlanticaC5
Right Here, Right Now
 
AtlanticaC5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 2,653
Likes (Received): 6

This is getting nowhere my friends

Please stay focused, this is just getting silly.
__________________
Higher and higher, straight up we'll climb
AtlanticaC5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:27 PM   #58
Ringil
The Big Cheese
 
Ringil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Uppsala-Stockholm region & Sète
Posts: 1,726
Likes (Received): 26

Moolio, you're way wrong in your accusations. Like Boscorelli, I too have finns in my family and have no problems with Finland. It's great and I've been there a lot. Still that's doesn't change the fact that dw is highly irritating and sometimes needs to be confronted. Now, if I am (in your oversensitive eyes) a "finland hater" because of the fact that I confront him, then sure go ahead and continue attack me and others with the humbug you're spreading, and which you back up with your selfappointed master degree in Doctor Phil-watching. On the other hand though, it's great fun.

Edit: Sorry atlantica, I was too late
Ringil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:39 PM   #59
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr
 
Moolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ユヴァスキュラ
Posts: 1,039
Likes (Received): 6

the extent of my humbug-spreading is really up to you in the end. i can give you a promise you will never see me starting a flamewar with anyone, in any thread. i will, however, keep on counter-provoking people, whenever i see it necessary.
__________________
My Gallery
Moolio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:13 PM   #60
sapmi
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,107
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolio View Post
the extent of my humbug-spreading is really up to you in the end. i can give you a promise you will never see me starting a flamewar with anyone, in any thread. i will, however, keep on counter-provoking people, whenever i see it necessary.
Cool down man. It's just a brotherly teasing from my side. I have nothing against Finnish people (except for DW). Don't take everything too serious.
sapmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu