daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 8th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #181
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

This bridge is similar to some bridges on a famous California One coastal highway through Big Sur.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #182
polde

Likes (Received): 7

I have visited Djurdevica Tara two years ago and a local citizen, who is living there told me this amazing story:
Djurdevica Tara lies in MNE, between Plevlja and Žabljak, this is also approximately somehow on the road between Belgrade and the Adriatic coast in MNE. In year 1931, king of Yugoslavia, Alexander visited Žabljak and local citizens told him, that they can not feel as real "Yugoslavs", as they have no good connection to its capital Belgrade and to the Adriatic coast. After that it was decided, that a "good road for cars" should be built between Belgrade and Montenegro (MNE). As firts projetc on this road, it was decided, to build this bridge in 1935. They have started construction in 1937 and finished the bridge just before WW2 started in ex Yugoslavia(1941). Soon after Montenegro was occupied by Italians in april 1941, partisans (communist resistance) have raised. Partisans have have found the main engineer and asked him to destroy the bridge, as it was a good communication link for Italians and chetniks (anti communist troops) to attack them. He did not want to destroy the whole bridge, so he destroyed just the first part of the bridge (as seen on the picture above, the part which is close to the plave, from where the picure was taken). After that, partisans had to move, as Italians and chetniks have pushed them out of the region. Chetniks have captured the main engineer and killed him on the remains of the bridge - because he has destroyed the bridge. In 1947, the destroyed part of the bridge was rebuilt.
polde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #183
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

While we impatiently wait for construction to finally start on Montenegro's first motorway, here are some photos of another important project in Podgorica, already well underway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimu View Post

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #184
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Looks good. What project is that? A Podgorica bypass?

You can see on Google Earth there are quite some roadworks underway in Podgorica!
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #185
iMiros

Likes (Received): 1

Svaka cast za fotke. Nemam predstavu gdje se ustvari nalazi obilaznica posto nije snimljena na google earth; ili je to prilazni put na sjevernom ulazu u grad, moguce da je to to, mada ne znam gdje bi se taj podvoznjak tu nalazio
iMiros no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #186
Foolish Farmer
Athleta Christi

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMiros View Post
Svaka cast za fotke. Nemam predstavu gdje se ustvari nalazi obilaznica posto nije snimljena na google earth; ili je to prilazni put na sjevernom ulazu u grad, moguce da je to to, mada ne znam gdje bi se taj podvoznjak tu nalazio

govori engleski molim, jer ne razumjeti svaki tvoja jezik.
please speak english, because not everyone understands serbian.
Foolish Farmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #187
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1821

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I think it's the northern entrance to Podgorica on E65 but I may be wrong.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #188
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16175

Greek-led bidder to build part of Montenegro road

A Greek-Israeli consortium has secured a 1.57 billion euro ($2 billion) contract from Montenegro to build part of a 170-kilometre cross country highway after a deal with a Croatian contractor fell through.

The concession contract, giving the consortium of the Greek Aktor Concessions S.A. and Israeli Shikun & Binui Ltd, will be signed within four months, Transport and Maritime Minister Andrija Lompar told a news conference.

The Greek-Israeli consortium had initially offered to build a 170-kilometre stretch for 3.92 billion euros, with Montenegro's contribution of 2.78 billion euros.

Lompar did not say who would build the rest of the road.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #189
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post

You can see on Google Earth there are quite some roadworks underway in Podgorica!
it is called a Podgorica mini bypass

some newer pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorčin View Post
Ako znam zbog čega mi ponekad ovako loše ispadnu slike, mada mi se čini da sam mod dobro podesio. Al kad sam ih već uradio, evo da ih i postujem. Dio obilaznice kod Agrokombinata

(If i know why pics sometimes are this bad, although I thought that I made proper setting. Well since I made them, I will post them. A section of mini-bypass around Agrokombinat)

...uživo to mnogo bolje izgleda

(... in reality it looks much better)
sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:20 AM   #190
Podgoricanin
Montenegrin

Likes (Received): 2934

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Is MNE planning to connect to Shkoder in Albania?
Eventually yes, connection will be part of Adriatic - Ionian Motorway. That will not happen too soon, though.

Montenegrin motorway network should look like this, when Belgrade - Bar and Adriatic - Ionian corridors are completed (~15 years is my guess...).

Podgoricanin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #191
filip__pg

Likes (Received): 3846

Well I wasn't aware that this thread exists Today I found some nice pictures on Actors web site. They are really respectable company, with really good references. Here are some pictures of roads that they built, and currently building as well as some other useful information. I quoted everything because it's from their oficial web site. Here is the link: http://www.aktor.gr

Quote:
EXTENSION OF KYMIS AVENUE, FROM THE NATIONAL ROAD TO THE OLYMPIC VILLAGE

This project is part of the Kymis Avenue extension and links the Athens-Lamia Motorway with the Olympic Village and the Thrakomakedones Community and terminates at Orfeos road that leads to Varibobi. Total length of the project is approx. 6.7 km, of which a 5.0 km section is a dual two lane motorway with a 4.50 m-wide median. The remaining 1.7 km section is a dual one lane motorway. The construction also includes sideways to serve adjacent areas; sideways are linked with each other and the trunk road with six (6) at-grade and three (3) grade-separated junctions.

[IMG]http://i43.************/14lszkx.jpg[/IMG]
Quote:
ACCESS IMPROVEMENTS AROUND O.A.K.A.

This project involves the construction of a ring road around OAKA, with a total length of 6,250.10 m. This ring is defined by the following road axes: a. Kifissias Avenue in the east, b. Kimis Avenue in the west, c. Sp. Louis Avenue in the south, d. Neratziotissis and Artemidos streets in the north. The project includes road construction, construction of overpasses, underpasses, walkways and green area construction

[IMG]http://i40.************/2qb6u6o.jpg[/IMG]
Quote:
1st Ring Road, Kuwait

AKTOR SA in consortium with Copri Enterprises W.L.L. - (Kuwait) was assigned the construction of the project "CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE OF ROADS, BRIDGES, DRAINAGE, SEWER AND OTHER SERVICES FOR COMPLETION OF FIRST RING ROAD, JAHRA GATE ROUNDABOUT - PACKAGE 1 (RA 106)", tendered by the Kuwaiti Ministry of Public Works.
It concerns the construction of phase 1 - P1 at the map -(out of three) of the 1st closed Ring Road in the historical centre of Kuwait, with a length of 4.5 km.
The project will be completed in 46 months and consists of the construction of:
I. 2 main underpasses, total length 1.85 km.
II. 10 road bridges with a total area of 18,000 m2, of which:

3 flyover bridges, total length 1,290 m.

7 underpass bridges, total area 6,400 m2.
III. 3 utility conduit routing bridges, and 4 footbridges, total length 470 m.
IV. Rainwater and grey water channels, including 1,500 m of micro tunnelling
V. Reconstruction, restoration of all existing water supply, power (11, 33, 132 & 300 KV) and telephone conduits in the area.

[IMG]http://i44.************/2d26uu0.jpg[/IMG]
Quote:
5th Ring Road, Kuwait

AKTOR SA, in cooperation with Copri Enterprises W.L.L. ? (Kuwait) participates in the project "CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE OF ROADS, BRIDGES, STORMWATER, DRAINAGE, SEWERS AND OTHER SERVICES FOR THE 5th RING ROAD FROM FAHAHEEL EXPRESSWAY TO TAAWEN STREET (RA 111)".
This project concerns the construction of a section of the 5th Ring Road in Kuwait, namely the widening / reconstruction of the existing road, over a length of 3,200 m.
In particular, the following necessary work is already underway:

1 at-grade junction and 2 grade-separated junctions

2 troughs with a total length of 1,300 m.

3 footbridges

7 viaducts with a total area of 3.800 m2.

The contract also includes the performance of all relevant utility networks relocation works, and the necessary works for completion of the new road (rainwater drainage, lighting, sings, etc.)
[IMG]http://i39.************/357g4lu.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/34nsbuo.jpg[/IMG]

Quote:
[IMG]http://i44.************/nti79.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.************/25p49d1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/9ve1yg.jpg[/IMG]
filip__pg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 08:02 PM   #192
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Having been a few times to Montenegro myself and having seen the terrain that exists in Montenegro, it will certainly be one hell of a high price to pay to connect Croatia, Serbia... and Albania with motorway. Kosovo is already building a 4 lane lower motorway standard (expressway) road towards the Montenegrin border. This road is almost on the finishing stage. [Prishtinë-Pejë].
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #193
Al3XaNd4R
Travanjinjinji

Likes (Received): 1227

Quote:
Originally Posted by polde View Post
I have visited Djurdevica Tara two years ago and a local citizen, who is living there told me this amazing story:
Djurdevica Tara lies in MNE, between Plevlja and Žabljak, this is also approximately somehow on the road between Belgrade and the Adriatic coast in MNE. In year 1931, king of Yugoslavia, Alexander visited Žabljak and local citizens told him, that they can not feel as real "Yugoslavs", as they have no good connection to its capital Belgrade and to the Adriatic coast. After that it was decided, that a "good road for cars" should be built between Belgrade and Montenegro (MNE). As firts projetc on this road, it was decided, to build this bridge in 1935. They have started construction in 1937 and finished the bridge just before WW2 started in ex Yugoslavia(1941). Soon after Montenegro was occupied by Italians in april 1941, partisans (communist resistance) have raised. Partisans have have found the main engineer and asked him to destroy the bridge, as it was a good communication link for Italians and chetniks (anti communist troops) to attack them. He did not want to destroy the whole bridge, so he destroyed just the first part of the bridge (as seen on the picture above, the part which is close to the plave, from where the picure was taken). After that, partisans had to move, as Italians and chetniks have pushed them out of the region. Chetniks have captured the main engineer and killed him on the remains of the bridge - because he has destroyed the bridge. In 1947, the destroyed part of the bridge was rebuilt.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074921/

movie about this bridge in WW2

Quote:

субота, 15. мај 2010, 21:00
Мост

Да би зауставили Немачку офанзиву, партизани шаљу елитни тим стручњака за експлозиве да разнесу стратешки важан мост.

Осим што је брижљиво чуван, мост је такорећи неуништив и једини човек који зна његове слабе конструкционе тачке јесте архитекта који га је и саградио.

Међутим, он оклева да сарађује, јер му је жао да види своје ремек-дело уништено.

У филму улоге тумаче Велимир-Бата Живојиновић, Борис Дворник, Слободан Перовиц, Боро Беговић, Јован Милићевић, Душан Јаићијевић И други.

Редитељ ратног филма из 1969. године је Хајрудин Крвавац.
English
| ፖድጎሪጻ | Падгорыца | بودغوريتشا | Podgorica | Подъгорица | Подгорица | Ποντγκόριτσα | پودگوریتسا | Podgorytsa | פודגוריצה | Պոդգորիցա | ポドゴリツァ | პოდგორიცა | Podgorika | Podgoritsa | Podgňrica | พอดกอรีตซา | Подгориця |
-----
--> Podgorica <-- |biciklo.me on FB | Željeznice Crne Gore on FB
Al3XaNd4R no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #194
filip__pg

Some more highways built by Aktor:

Quote:
ATTIKI ODOS - KANTZA INTERCHANGE

The interchange is located within the Pallini Municipality limits and, through Attiki Odos, it guarantees high-speed access to the developing areas of Pallini, the southern part of Marathonas Avenue as well as Kantza. The study, construction and operation of the Interchange was carried out according to the traffic projections resulting from the scheduled commercial use of the Kamba Winery and the real estate of the YALOU region, both of which are owned by ELLINIKI TECHNODOMIKI TEΒ.

[IMG]http://i40.************/2e2413m.jpg[/IMG]

Quote:
ATTIKI ODOS - KYMIS AVENUE INTERCHANGE

This interchange lies within the Municipality of Iraklio, at the northern terminus of Kymis Avenue. It provides free flow access to Attiki Odos from northern Athens, i.e. from Galatsi, Lamprini, Patissia, as well as from the Municipalities of Psychiko, Filothei, N. Ionia, Iraklio, Maroussi and Pefki. The structure's design and construction allow for a future extension of Kymis Avenue to the north, in order to complete access to the Athens - Lamia Motorway and provide fast access to the Olympic Village in Thrakomacedones.

[IMG]http://i41.************/muwthe.jpg[/IMG]

Quote:
ATTIKI ODOS - "ELEFTHERIOS VENIZELOS" INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, SOUTH GATE INTERCHANGE

This interchange is close to Attiki Odos, approximately 1 km before the Airport’s entrance. It guarantees easy and high-speed access to real estates that are adjacent to the Airport, therefore supporting the commercial development of the region

[IMG]http://i41.************/15g2m9x.jpg[/IMG]
Quote:
ATTIKI ODOS - ATHENS - LAMIA NATIONAL ROAD INTERCHANGE

The Metamorphosis Interchange connects Attiki Odos with the Athens-Lamia National Highway and along with its 4 levels it handles all traffic to and from all possible directions. It was opened to traffic in March 2001 and it is a "key" point used daily by thousands of commuters.

[IMG]http://i44.************/spgk6v.jpg[/IMG]
Quote:
ATTIKI ODOS - ENVIRONMENTAL RESTORATION WORKS

Attiki Odos along with Local Authorities has made use of the interchanges and the "sheltered" areas over the motorway to create sports and recreational areas. Thus the motorway is in harmony with the adjacent residential areas and the natural environment.
A typical example of this is the sheltered section in Iraklio, which has been opened to the public since 1999 and includes: 1 football field with stands, 2 tennis courts, playground, cafeteria, green areas, storage and other ancillary areas.

Similar facilities have been created around Tatoiou Avenue, Metamorphosis, Attica (tennis court, a playground, small theatre, green areas) and at Zefiri, whereas similar areas have been created around Pentelis Avenue, Vrilissia, and around Panagouli Street, Agia Paraskevi (next to the Doukisis Plakentias interchange).

[IMG]http://i41.************/2q825mr.jpg[/IMG]

Quote:
ATTIKI ODOS - "MAVRI ORA" TUNNELS

The Mavri Ora tunnels have been operational in the Ano Liosia area (next to the Egaleo interchange) since November 2003.

These are a pair of, approximately, 400-metre long tunnels with three lanes per direction, which have been constructed in according with the most up-to-date quality and safety specifications.
They are an integral part of Attiki Odos, facilitating the movement of the capital’s commuters, whereas they significantly reduce traffic coming from the Salonica-Patras axis, passing through Athens.

[IMG]http://i39.************/s3q3cm.jpg[/IMG]
Quote:
ATTIKI ODOS - IMITTOS PERIPHERAL RING

The Imittos Avenue Peripheral Ring has a total length of 13.4 km and was completed in September 2003. It has 7.5 km of tunnels and cut-and-cover and it starts north of Kesariani reaching Attiki Odos, through two branches, at Chalandri and Pallini

[IMG]http://i44.************/rsqyip.jpg[/IMG]
Quote:
ATTIKI ODOS - KIFISSIAS INTERCHANGE

The Kifisias Avenue interchange has 3 levels and was opened to traffic in early 2003.

When it started its operation it de-congested local traffic problems to a large extent.

[IMG]http://i41.************/rksd39.jpg[/IMG]
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #195
Schweden
Registered Loser

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by polde View Post
Good reading. Thanks
Schweden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:31 AM   #196
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

The best drive in the Balkans...the winding serpentine road that connects medieval walled town of Kotor to Montenegro's old capital of Cetinje:

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #197
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1821

I agree, it's a spectacular drive. And there's a nice view too:

But I have to say I found the view from the small road that borders Skadarsko Lake on its Southwestern side more beautiful.

This road often had no crash barriers and was most of the time too narrow for 2 cars to pass. Once we had to back up a good 70m. It got dark pretty soon but, in a way, that made things easier since you could then know that a car was coming behind the corner by its headlamps. Another photo of this road:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Rebasepoiss; June 9th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #198
Al3XaNd4R
Travanjinjinji

Likes (Received): 1227

from Podgorica to Petrovac (old road, before two days)

| ፖድጎሪጻ | Падгорыца | بودغوريتشا | Podgorica | Подъгорица | Подгорица | Ποντγκόριτσα | پودگوریتسا | Podgorytsa | פודגוריצה | Պոդգորիցա | ポドゴリツァ | პოდგორიცა | Podgorika | Podgoritsa | Podgňrica | พอดกอรีตซา | Подгориця |
-----
--> Podgorica <-- |biciklo.me on FB | Željeznice Crne Gore on FB
Al3XaNd4R no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 02:15 AM   #199
filip__pg

Reconstructed road near Podgorica, at place called Kokoti. Lenght 3.6 km.

This is where it ends.

Now back to Podgorica. The view of Podgorica is much better now.

Old August 8th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #200
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Some new asphalt .... pics show a short section of the Risan - Niksic road:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojan9 View Post
Veoma nedovoljno. 3-4 puta su me stranci poslednjih dana pitali kuda do Budve. Ne smeta mi, ali bi to trebali normalno postavljeni znaci da im kažu. I to dva puta na bulevaru Mihaila Lalića - ka Marezi

A onaj dan kad sam bio iznad NK, u povratku se našlo vremena da odem jedan km ka Risnu, i da fotkam taj novi put.
[IMG]http://i33.************/f59l78.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i36.************/5yz32d.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.************/rrqf5z.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.************/r22b7n.jpg[/IMG]

Put je definitivno malo uži, osjeti se, a i priča se po gradu da je 'ukradeno' 20 cm..
[IMG]http://i33.************/fy06zn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i34.************/2j0mcjs.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i35.************/14wjtj.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i35.************/i5vgix.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i35.************/2v3r33a.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i38.************/o9j1gn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i38.************/1199mqp.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i38.************/2jcex41.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i35.************/106mwwk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i33.************/1yv9g9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i35.************/1zez6ua.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i33.************/i36pw2.jpg[/IMG]