daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #241
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
Faster? How long it would be? Lets say it is 1000km long, you can make it faster than 8 hours i dont think so. And dont forget that you have to pass 7 countries.
You are right about the number of countries that you go through but you are wrong about your time assessment. Due to the fact that to get to Brindisi you have to drive 1000 km or more down the Italian peninsula (only about 1/3 that use that ferry originate in Italy.) So you would save the 8 hrs and all the time you wait to get on the ship.
Does that justify Adriatic - Ionian motorway as a priority for Montenegro over the link to Belgrade I doubt it seriously for many reasons.
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #242
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

Imean from ferry to Trieste is around 1000km
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #243
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
I don't want to enter your debate here, but
1. have you thought that maybe Montenegrins don't have those interests?
2. HR and MNE in Schengen you say? They aren't even EU members yet. RO and BG are for some time now, and look how many problems are with joining Schengen.
Cele mai multe croaţii nu ia īn considerare chiar o parte din Romānia Uniunea Europeana.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #244
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien x View Post
You are right about the number of countries that you go through but you are wrong about your time assessment. Due to the fact that to get to Brindisi you have to drive 1000 km or more down the Italian peninsula (only about 1/3 that use that ferry originate in Italy.) So you would save the 8 hrs and all the time you wait to get on the ship.
Does that justify Adriatic - Ionian motorway as a priority for Montenegro over the link to Belgrade I doubt it seriously for many reasons.
It does not really matter. Serbia is already working on BB motorway. Don't forget, we need a much better living standard in order to pay the pricey tolls for IA motorway.
Alien,
Tako su vikali da im dolaze bogati tursti, ali kad slovenci uvedose skupe vinjete, onda svi misevi pobegose. Frka platiti 20-40 evra da prodjes kroz SLO.
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #245
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Cele mai multe croaţii nu ia īn considerare chiar o parte din Romānia Uniunea Europeana.
Could you please write this in English? I'm not exactly sure what you wanted to say ...

Did you mean "Most of the Croats don't take some parts of Romania as European Union"?
Because I didn't say that Croatia is uncivilized or things like that, I only pointed out facts, that RO is in EU, and HR is not (at least for now)
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #246
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7713

Some news...

Quote:
Offer for motorway by the end of February

24.1.2011 13:30:00 | Source/Author PressCut

Experts of the Chinese company Poly Group, who are negotiating on the construction of the motorway with the Government of Montenegro, have inspected the route of the future motorway in the past few days. After that, they announced that they would make an offer by the end of February.

Montenegrin Minister of Transport and Maritime Affairs Andrija Lompar confirmed that the Chinese company should deliver the financial offer for the construction of the motorway Bar-Boljare by the end of February. If the offer will be acceptable, the Government should reach the decision on construction in March.
(RTCG)
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #247
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Could you please write this in English? I'm not exactly sure what you wanted to say ...

Did you mean "Most of the Croats don't take some parts of Romania as European Union"?
Because I didn't say that Croatia is uncivilized or things like that, I only pointed out facts, that RO is in EU, and HR is not (at least for now)
Correct. I would not even waste my time with his primitive views. The bottom line is that we will get the motorway to MNE.
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #248
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1420

I will encourage the MNE government to build both BB and AI motorways but would prefer to start with the first one which woud be a great asset for the italian business community (strongly supporting this project) in my country.
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #249
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Alien,
Tako su vikali da im dolaze bogati tursti, ali kad slovenci uvedose skupe vinjete, onda svi misevi pobegose. Frka platiti 20-40 evra da prodjes kroz SLO.
Vidim da je za tebe 8.5 miliona turista nista. Stvarno su ih ostetili.
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #250
MHN
Romania

How long lasts the holiday (touristic) season in Montenegro?!
Old January 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #251
filip__pg

Likes (Received): 3846

May-October

I see the importance of both B-B motorway, and Adriatic-Ionian motorway but priority is set on the first one which is a logic thing. Montenegro needs primarily to connect north and south so you can travel from Boljare to Bar approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. This will slow down migration of people from north part of the country which is less developed than the south. Economic ties with Serbia is also important reason for this motorway to be build. Another important thing as people mentioned it here is tourism, from which our country now earns 650 million euros a year, and that should increase with better infrastructure, primarily new hotels and resorts and that's why we need better roads (motorway). There is also a project for our coastline to build a fast road from Herceg Novi to Bar, which will improve traffic flow on our coast. This is planned to begin in 2012. I would also like to see A-I motorway one day, but now it's more important to begin construction on B-B.
filip__pg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #252
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

more like july and August
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #253
MHN
Romania

Thanks.
So, if the A-I motorway it is expected to be dedicated more to tourism transportation purposes, then how could it be more important to build a motorway that will be used during a few months per year (intensively anyhow) in comparison with another one dedicated also to tourism but mainly projected to be used by commercial transporters all year long (this is the B-B) ?!?!?
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #254
filip__pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
more like july and August
That's the peak of the season. The point is we need a motorway, and I hope that Chinese will get this job and start construction this year.
Old January 27th, 2011, 03:11 AM   #255
MHN
Romania

Anything tendered?
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #256
filip__pg

CrazySerb posted latest news, just scroll up on this page.
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #257
MHN
Romania

So, one possible General Contractor triggered the discussions?!?!
By tender(ed), I meant if the MNE government launched any public auction/bid. But apparently it's not the case.
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #258
filip__pg

There was a tender and first placed (Konstruktor-Croatia) failed to provide proof of finance from bank and then second placed Actor-Greece got the job but same thing happened to them. Now they started official negotiations with Chinese. They will send offer in about month or two and if it's good a contract between two countries will be signed, which also needs to be passed in parliament so it could become valid. These are serious negotiations, since it could be last chance for our country to sign a deal and start construction on that motorway.
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #259
MHN
Romania

Thanks for the details.
The same situation (official version) was for Aktor in Romania: failure in getting the financing for one important motorway section.

So, in this case, good luck with the Chinese contractors!
Old January 29th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #260
Halitophobe
Casual User

Likes (Received): 0

For some reason I think that the Chinese consortium will fail just like the others did.

And as for the biased argument that the A-I motorway would be for tourism only, what makes you think that there would be a difference on BB motorway? ONLY tourists would pay 15,5 eurocents per km.
Halitophobe no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
crna gora