daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 29th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #261
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halitophobe View Post
And as for the biased argument that the A-I motorway would be for tourism only, what makes you think that there would be a difference on BB motorway? ONLY tourists would pay 15,5 eurocents per km.
Are you sure about this amount (15,5 cents/km)?!
The construction's not started yet and by the time it will be completed, the cost could be even higher

Related to the profile of the users of the BB, I'm basing my assumptions on the lobby made by the italian small business community in Romania and beyond.

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #262
Foolish Farmer
Athleta Christi

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
hahhaa what kind of bullshit I can read on here.....
This is on you.

Quote:
As long as those Turkish/Greek trucks take the Serbian route,
Yes they will, espacially the turkish trucks. I hope Serbia will have fun with them.

Quote:
You can have the leftovers from the superpower nations like Albania..... That's how it has been for the last 40 years.
And Romania is a super power in the discipline "corruption and stashing EU-funds away" ?! Come on, there is no reason to trade insults.

Quote:
I am confident they would take the Serbian route even if you guys charged nothing. It is faster and cheaper.
For all turkish trucks and partly for the greeks one, the route through Serbia is and will be the faster and cheaper way to CE.

As you can read out of the name (Adriatic-Ionian-Motorway), the AI will link the western part of Greece (up to Peloponnes) including Athens. This area would prefer the AI. Why is Greece investing in their part of the AI, if it's so useless for them as you are trying to explain us?
Foolish Farmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:11 AM   #263
MHN
Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolish Farmer View Post
Yes they will, espacially the turkish trucks. I hope Serbia will have fun with them.

And Romania is a super power in the discipline "corruption and stashing EU-funds away" ?! Come on, there is no reason to trade insults.
Thanks for reminding us here

Quote:
For all turkish trucks and partly for the greeks one, the route through Serbia is and will be the faster and cheaper way to CE.

As you can read out of the name (Adriatic-Ionian-Motorway), the AI will link the western part of Greece (up to Peloponnes) including Athens. This area would prefer the AI. Why is Greece investing in their part of the AI, if it's so useless for them as you are trying to explain us?
To conclude (from my side), I repeat: I believe both AI and BB, are important! The first being supported by the Albanians, the Greeks and perhaps some more, the second one supported by the Serbs, the Romanians and also by the Italiens.
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:18 AM   #264
filip__pg

Likes (Received): 3841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halitophobe View Post
For some reason I think that the Chinese consortium will fail just like the others did.

And as for the biased argument that the A-I motorway would be for tourism only, what makes you think that there would be a difference on BB motorway? ONLY tourists would pay 15,5 eurocents per km.
I don't see what reason, since they have no problem with financing. Ever heard of Exim bank? I'm not saying they will get the job, but they sure have more chances than companies before them.

Let me repeat myself, we need primarily BB motorway so we can connect north and south of the country, also other main reasons are economy ties and tourism. A-I motorway is simply not a priority and I don't see how somebody from another country knows better what are priorities here in Montenegro.
filip__pg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:28 AM   #265
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19363

Serbia is the largest industrialized country near Montenegro and Bar should be its main import and export facility. So a Beograd - Bar motorway seems justified. The current north-south road network in Montenegro is dangerous, narrow, slow and unreliable in the winter. Travel time cuts can be huge, so even at lower traffic volumes, this motorway is justified.

That said, I think the Adriatic-Ionian motorway is almost equally important as a transit route that benefits the entire coastal region, including Montenegro, which has high tourism potential beyond what's happening now in tourism. Add Albania and especially Greece to that, and you can see this motorway is important. While Greece is a bit out of reach for western European tourists to drive to by car, it is only a 12 hour drive from Zagreb to western Greece if this motorway is completed.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:57 PM   #266
Foolish Farmer
Athleta Christi

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHN View Post

Thanks for reminding us here
YU-AMC is romanian, isn't he?
Foolish Farmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:37 PM   #267
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Serbia is the largest industrialized country near Montenegro and Bar should be its main import and export facility. So a Beograd - Bar motorway seems justified. The current north-south road network in Montenegro is dangerous, narrow, slow and unreliable in the winter. Travel time cuts can be huge, so even at lower traffic volumes, this motorway is justified.

That said, I think the Adriatic-Ionian motorway is almost equally important as a transit route that benefits the entire coastal region, including Montenegro, which has high tourism potential beyond what's happening now in tourism. Add Albania and especially Greece to that, and you can see this motorway is important. While Greece is a bit out of reach for western European tourists to drive to by car, it is only a 12 hour drive from Zagreb to western Greece if this motorway is completed.
It is already less than 10h driving from Zagreb to Greece
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...9,5.817261&z=8

And route from Athens to WE is more logical trough Serbia.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 04:00 PM   #268
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Italy - Athens is about equal via Beograd or Montenegro - Ioaninna - Patra. Considering the usage of the Brindisi - Igoumenitsa ferry by long-distance trucking, I think the Adriatic-Ionian motorway is feasible as an alternate to that ferry. However, from Trieste to western Greece via the A-I motorway is definitely shorter and faster than the route via Beograd.
Old January 31st, 2011, 04:55 PM   #269
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 785

I think Montenegro is cut out just like Bosnia from major highway routes. E-75 and E-70 are very important links beside that Montenegro should route to E-75 and E-70 junction in Belgrade as I hope Serbia will provide highway to Montenegrin border.

Also Serbia should finish E-75 Leskovac to Vranje then Novi Sad-Hungarian Border and E-70 Nish to Bulgarian Border.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:27 PM   #270
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Serbia is finishing those sections.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:26 PM   #271
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 785

Leskovac-Vranje is not even started

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:42 PM   #272
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Leskovac-Vranje is not even started
well, actually it is work in progress ... most important, financing is secured ...

Quote:
After receiving approval of the draft tender documents by the WB, acquire the conditions for tendering (expected in late January 2011.)
And the ability to open in the spring works on the highway E-75, from Ni to the border with Macedonia to two sections:
- Grabovnica - Grdelica (Gornje Polje) and
- Vladičin Han - Donji Neradovac (total of 5 contracts).

The remaining tenders:
- Grdelica - Vladičin Han
- Srpska Kuća - Levosoje
will be launched in the spring of the 2011th year.
google translation of

Quote:
Након добијања сагласности на нацрт конкурсне документације од стране Светке банке стичу се услови за расписивање тендера (очекивано крајем јануара 2011. године) и могућност да се током пролећа отворе и радови на аутопуту Е-75, од Ниша до границе са Македонијом на две деонице:
- Грабовница Грделица (Горње Поље) и
- Владичин Хан Доњи Нерадовац (укупно 5 уговора).

Преостали тендери:
- Грделица- Владичин Хан,
- Српска кућа - Левосоје
биће расписани током пролећа 2011. године.
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:51 PM   #273
MHN
Romania

Quote:
YU-AMC is romanian, isn't he?
He should know better...
But, taking into account he's location acronyms, he must be located somewhere between Toronto and Hong Kong
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #274
ChrisZwolle
Road user

M18 Nikšić - BIH border

One of the best drives of Montenegro is found in the Piva Canyon in the north of the country:

Old February 17th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #275
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Wow, just wow. Much more interesting than our Dinaric Alps.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #276
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1818

And I thought we saw all the most beautiful sites in Montenegro on our trip.....
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #277
filip__pg

Likes (Received): 3841

There are alot of beautiful sites to see in our country

Chris, great pics

BTW, offer from Chinese companies for B-B motorway is expected by the end of this month.
filip__pg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #278
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7664

Speaking of beautiful Montenegro drives...here's a nice video of one of the roads above the medieval walled town of Kotor:

CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #279
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7664

Chinese offer for the motorway by the end of February?

Quote:
17.2.2011 13:13:00 | Author/Source PressCut

During the working visit to Pljevlja, Minister of Transport and Maritime Affairs Andrija Lompar said that the Montenegrin Government expects the Chinese investors to deliver the offer for the construction of the motorway from Bar to Boljare by the end of February.

Lompar said that representatives of Chinese companies are in Montenegro and are considering the ways of participation in the realisation of the project of construction of the motorway. During the meeting, Minister Lompar paid special attention to possibilities of development of the area of Pljevlja after the construction of the Risan-Zabljak.
(CdM)
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #280
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The Chinese certainly have experience with this type of terrain...

Tags
crna gora