daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 14th, 2011, 03:41 AM   #421
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

I think a motorway link with Kosovo would be ideal, Kosovo is already planning building a 55km motorway from Prishtine to the border with Macedonia. 40km of thePrishtine Peje highway is already up to expressway standard at 100kmph. I think the whole highway will be upgraded to expressway and will link with R7 motorway and the R6 motorway which will later connect to Macedonia.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #422
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7714

Tender for the motorway in 2012

Quote:
14.11.2011 12:47:00 | Author/Source PressCut

Minister of Transport and Maritime Affairs Andrija Lompar announced that the Government of Montenegro would invite a new tender for the construction of the motorway Bar-Boljare in 2012.

Lompar reminded that, on the basis of recommendations and conclusions of the European Commission, a tender for the creation of the technical study on options for the realisation of the project of construction of the motorway and an elaborate for the assessment of the influence on the environment was invited. The invitation was closed on October 28 and 14 offers arrived. A list of six bidders was made on the basis of a detailed overview of financial data and legal conditions.
(Pobjeda)
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #423
shpirtkosova
BANNED

I am sceptical on how Montenegro will manage to fund a huge project such as this. The basic cost of 2bn Euros will certainly rise... It may even double... I am guessing the speed limit will be 100-110kmph, Montengro may aswell just build a high quality expressway instead at a 1/3 of the asking price for a fully scaled motorway.
Old November 15th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #424
Foolish Farmer
Athleta Christi

Likes (Received): 4

Maybe that's the reason why they still have problems to find a company with necessary bank guarantees. I still don't understand why CG gives not top priority to the Adriatic-Inonian-Motorway, which is much cheaper and within a 2 or 3 years ready, after start of construction. This Motorway would have more traffic and earnings, than the Beograd-Bar Motorway.

The Branch from the Beograd-Bar Motorway to Peja has of course the last priority. I don't except it to be built until 2020.
As the people of CG would say: Nadam se
Foolish Farmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 01:24 AM   #425
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolish Farmer View Post
I still don't understand why CG gives not top priority to the Adriatic-Inonian-Motorway, which is much cheaper and within a 2 or 3 years ready, after start of construction. This Motorway would have more traffic and earnings, than the Beograd-Bar Motorway.
The answer to that question has been explained to you ~ 100 times and you still don't understand. I doubt you would understand if someone explain it 101st time to you.

Last edited by Bad_Hafen; November 15th, 2011 at 01:39 AM.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #426
filip__pg

Likes (Received): 3846

+1 There is explanation on previous pages why B-B is more important than A-I motorway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
I am sceptical on how Montenegro will manage to fund a huge project such as this. The basic cost of 2bn Euros will certainly rise... It may even double... I am guessing the speed limit will be 100-110kmph, Montengro may aswell just build a high quality expressway instead at a 1/3 of the asking price for a fully scaled motorway.

This time EIB said they will finance up to 1bn but it is yet to be decided what is going to be built. Ministry of transportation will choose a consultant next month who will have a deadline untill summer of 2012 to prepare new studies. Then they will decide which is going to be built- motorway or something else.
filip__pg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #427
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Montenegro is probably the worst terrain to build roads in Europe, with a population of only 600 000 people, it just is not worth building a motorway at a cost of 2bn. If I was head of this project, I would build a dual carriageway expressway capable of speeds of 100kmph. Kosovo has opened an expressway from Prishtine to Peje (Montenegro border) because a fully scaled motorway is not financially feasible. Even Albania has connected Kosovo with expressway from Kukes to the border due to mountainous terrain
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #428
Foolish Farmer
Athleta Christi

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
The answer to that question has been explained to you ~ 100 times and you still don't understand. I doubt you would understand if someone explain it 101st time to you.
100 times? I think it has been explained to me only a few times

The construction of the AI won't start until BB is finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Even Albania has connected Kosovo with expressway from Kukes to the border due to mountainous terrain
The terrain from Morine to Kukes is not that "complicated" when you compare it with the section between Rreshen and Kalimash.

It's quite easy to upgrade Morine-Kukes to a motorway, after finishing the bridges.
Foolish Farmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #429
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

so you really need 100 times in order to memorize ok. Repetitio Est Mater Studiorum
Old November 23rd, 2011, 06:57 PM   #430
AlbanPOLIMI

Likes (Received): 3107

Hello guys!! Does anyone have any information about future plans and investments in the Sukobin-Bar national road?!

I traveled from Tirana (Albania) to Novalja (Croatia) by car this summer, some 700km long way, and I must say the Sukobin-Bar segment, right after entering Montenegro, before reaching Sutomore was the crappiest, of the crappiest of the crappiest of all the "Western Trans-Balkan Road". Such a shame to be called a NATIONAL ROAD!!

And the traffic flux going between central Europe & Croatian-Montenegrin-Albanian-Greek ports is enormous & always raising in number.

Anyways, I hope they have a near future project of reconstruction for that, cuz I'd love to visit MNE and Croatia even more that I've been doing this years!!!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:12 PM   #431
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Tender for the motorway in 2012
In recent financial circumstances there is no one on earth who could finance that without huge financial loss. Even Greeks and Chinese gave up.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:57 PM   #432
niskogradnja
Used Register

Likes (Received): 636

SARAJEVO - The council of ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina defined the proposal of the Memorandum of Understanding for the reconstruction and modernization of the road Sarajevo-Podgorica-Tirana (Route 2b), between Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Albania.

"The Memorandum is an expression of willingness and ability of the States' Parties to work together and contribute to the improvement of this important road, which is on the primary regional network in Southeast Europe marked with R2B", stated the Montenegrin Transport Ministry.

Earlier Montenegro and Bosnia had already signed an Agreement for the reconstruction of the Sarajevo-Podgorica road.

Branko Ćopić (1915 – 1984)
niskogradnja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:52 PM   #433
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Dude, I can't stand this type of sensibility.
What provocation was that? When did he say Serbian is the only language?
Please stop with the victimization.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 11:51 PM   #434
filip__pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
In recent financial circumstances there is no one on earth who could finance that without huge financial loss. Even Greeks and Chinese gave up.

Few posts above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip__pg View Post
This time EIB said they will finance up to 1bn but it is yet to be decided what is going to be built. Ministry of transportation will choose a consultant next month who will have a deadline untill summer of 2012 to prepare new studies. Then they will decide which is going to be built- motorway or something else.
Old November 24th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #435
Filipdr

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post

Dude, I can't stand this type of sensibility.
What provocation was that? When did he say Serbian is the only language?
Please stop with the victimization.
Thank you!
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #436
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Crazy Serb's quotation against your post.
Motorway or something else, what's the difference? Even the 1 km of single-laned (1+1) expressway from Podgorica to Boljare would probably cost more than 1 km of a motorway in the Netherlands or Hungary.
So, the wise thing would be to give up BB motorway or expressway. Instead of that one might consider RoLa trains from Podgorica (MNE) to Užice (SRB).
At the end of 2012 the European Motorway Network will reach Ploče in Croatia. So why not to build a motorway from Podgorica to Ploče through Bosnia and Herzegovina?
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #437
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanPOLIMI View Post
Hello guys!! Does anyone have any information about future plans and investments in the Sukobin-Bar national road?!

I traveled from Tirana (Albania) to Novalja (Croatia) by car this summer, some 700km long way, and I must say the Sukobin-Bar segment, right after entering Montenegro, before reaching Sutomore was the crappiest, of the crappiest of the crappiest of all the "Western Trans-Balkan Road". Such a shame to be called a NATIONAL ROAD!!
The road Sukobin -Bar is not a National Road! But I know what you mean Anyway, you should be aware that the border crossing at Sukobin was opened at some point in the last 10 years - all the years before this was the end of the world, so no wonder that the road is in very bad state. And to be honest: You'll find many of those curvy, narrow roads in Montenegro...

Anyway, there is the plan to rebuild the road along the coast from Herceg Novi to Bar and further to Sukobin as an Expressway (including Verige Bridge). Hopefully they will begin with Bar - Sukobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
So, the wise thing would be to give up BB motorway or expressway. Instead of that one might consider RoLa trains from Podgorica (MNE) to Užice (SRB).
At the end of 2012 the European Motorway Network will reach Ploče in Croatia. So why not to build a motorway from Podgorica to Ploče through Bosnia and Herzegovina?
The motorway in Croatia will not go to Ploce! It's Metkovic where it will end by then. Anyway, the motorway will continue from there to Dubrovnik, there will be the point to enter BiH and then further to Podgorica.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 02:15 AM   #438
filip__pg

Darko, we have explained many times before why Bar-Boljare is more important than Adriatic-Ionian motorway.

I hope that motorway will be built despite the high cost. We need to connect north and south parts of our contry in order to travel (much) faster and safer. Economy is also another important factor- tourism and economic ties with Serbia. Road that we have now is very dangerous and many people die every year in car accidents. If you drove at least once thru canyon Platije during the winter you would know what I'm talking about.
Old November 24th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #439
Arbenit

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post

The motorway in Croatia will not go to Ploce! It's Metkovic where it will end by then. Anyway, the motorway will continue from there to Dubrovnik, there will be the point to enter BiH and then further to Podgorica.
I may be completely wrong. But, as much as I know, planned route of the AI motorway goes from Metkovic via Trebinje to Niksic, avoiding mountainous region difficult for motorway building in Croatia this way?

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #440
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

I have the same information

Tags
crna gora