daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #581
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

Best offer yet submitted by Chinese...800 million for the most crucial and expensive Podgorica-Matesevo section of the future Bar-Boljare motorway, five year grace period, two percent interest, 20 year repayment period....

Google-translated:
Quote:
Friday, May 10, 2013 - 07:04
Source: ND Vijesti

Autoput: Chinese lowered the price, and only two percent interest

Government of Montenegro should be soon, after final negotiations led by the Ministers of Finance and Transport Radoje Žugić John Brajović receives final offers interested investors for the construction of the highway from Podgorica to Matesevo to in June was eventually made ​​the decision to sign the contract.

According to unofficial information, news, at this point is considered as the most acceptable offer Chinese, because Chinese company for telecommunications and infrastructure (CCCC International), supported by the Chinese EXIM Bank, offered conditions that were far better than those who are present in the earlier occasions.

"The Chinese offer to the highway 42 kilometers from Podgorica to build Mateševa for the sum of less than EUR 800 million, which was their original offer, and it would be done with the money loaned to the Chinese state-owned EXIM Bank," write the news.

The Bank of Montenegro has a grace period of five years on a loan with an interest rate of two percent per annum, the total repayment period of 20 years.

The Chinese interest rate lowered from three to two per cent, and gave up the requirements and Montenegro to pay credit insurance, which normally ranges from two to six percent of the total. Montenegro would certainly be guaranteed by the government pledged that the loan will be repaid.

If the Chinese side is chosen as a partner, an umbrella agreement would be signed with CCCC, and the performer's contract with CRBC.

EXIM Bank would give credit to the credit line for countries of Central and Southeastern Europe in ten billion, which was agreed in Warsaw in April 2011th year.

Another very tempting preliminary offer, according to the interviewee News from the government, it is given by the Turkish consortium DOGUS-GULSAN, who works closely with financial fund AFIIU from Singapore, led by Mehmed Gandhi.

This consortium offers its resources to the build section of Podgorica Mateševo ​​at a price that also goes under 800 million, but the Montenegro would pay so as to give them concessions to exploit natural resources, which means that state property was a guarantee that all be settled.

The game is also a US-Turkey konzurcijum Bechtel-Enka, except that their conditions assessed as the least acceptable. According to unofficial information, the key problem is that the consortium that built the highway from Tirana to Pristina, Kosovo, and through highways, offers such a contract that still leaves the possibility that the price is higher than the initial calculation.

All three potential investors have accepted the condition of the government to engage local construction companies, with a clause that "cost price is reasonable."

If ostavri government's plan to sign the contract in June, construction of the highway, which should be the engine of growth for the economy, the deal would have to be confirmed by the Parliament.

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #582
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Sounds good
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:04 PM   #583
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Montenegro opens to traffic 14 mln euro Port Milena bridge

Quote:
20.5.2013 13:53:00 | Author/Source www.seenews.com

Montenegro opened to traffic on Monday the 14 million euro ($18 million) Port Milena movable (bascule) bridge in the coastal town of Ulcinj, the country's government said.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:30 PM   #584
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

Is it me or don't they have gates to close the bridge if it opens? I assume it's a double leaf bascule bridge.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:35 PM   #585
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

It's not an issue for now, as bridge-raising hydraulics will be installed at some later date, when the channel becomes navigable after a thorough clean-up.

Old May 28th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #586
čarli

Likes (Received): 81

Received a third bid for the highway
For the construction of the highway Bar - Boljari received a third offer, announced Montenegrin Prime Minister Milo Djukanovic. According to him, an innovative offer by the contractor with experience in similar projects in the region, but the name of the taking was not willing to disclose. Tender for the construction of the first Montenegrin highway kilometers have already submitted Corporation China Telecom and infrastructure CCCC and the U.S. - Turkish consortium Bechtel-Enka. The latter is currently already involved in the construction of highways in Kosovo.
http://translate.google.com/translat...%2Fnode%2F3475
čarli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #587
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Drive through Moraca canyon:

vectom liked this post
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #588
Malsor

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
During yesterdays conference, officials from oil & gas-rich Azerbaijan seem to have expressed real interest in funding a number of ongoing infrastructure projects in Montenegro - first phase of the new coastal expressway (~40km from Herceg Novi to Budva) and bypass roads around these two towns. Price of this project depends on whichever solution is picked for the Boka Kotor Bay crossing at Kamenare/Lepetane - tunnel or bridge. Without either, estimated cost is ~200million euros.

Normally I wouldn't post such inconclusive news, but this seems like a serious development, especially since Azerbaijan is already funding a ~40km section of the new Belgrade-Bar motorway in neighbouring Serbia.

I think that would be a better solution for a expressway:

It will keep the traffic out of Kotor/Tivat & Herceg Novi/Igalo.
The bridge (~2km) would be much more expensiver than the small one by Kamenari/Lepetane, but there is no need for tunnels, like I saw in some pictures...

You can reach the whole towns in a couple of minutes and rescue them at the same time from the big transit traffic during summer.

Also the "whole" world will visit Montenegro "just" to take pictures of that impressive bridge
And maybe Croatia and the EU will help to realize it.

Have there been any plans for such a bridge?
Malsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #589
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Building in the area of Prevlaka is a no-go right now - the area is still disputed between Croatia and Montenegro, although it will go for arbitration soon. I imagine the current border will end up being the accepted one however.

Croatia may also not be willing to pay for the costs of getting the motorway through to the A1 at that point - and I suspect that Montenegro would rather that the motorway serves Tivat Airport too.

Last edited by Eulanthe; June 18th, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #590
Malsor

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Building in the area of Prevlaka is a no-go right now - the area is still disputed between Croatia and Montenegro, although it will go for arbitration soon. I imagine the current border will end up being the accepted one however.

Croatia may also not be willing to pay for the costs of getting the motorway through to the A1 at that point - and I suspect that Montenegro would rather that the motorway serves Tivat Airport too.
The bridge can ends in an neutral area, to the left you will get to the Croatian and to the right to the Montenegrinian border.
If Croatia not want to build the A1 till there, Montenegro can build it than in their territory.

The only problem I see would be the cost of such a project because you must span 1km in over 50m hight.
And the politicians also want to earn something, so it would cost something about 250-300M€.

But without the agreement and financially help of Croatia they couldnt start building that bridge,
but if, they would solve all problems with it, also the disput with UNESCO because of Kotor.
Malsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #591
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

It is a difficult terrain on de western side to build both a bridge landing and a border crossing.
Old June 20th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #592
soterman

Likes (Received): 2

Goodmorning everyone!

I have been silently reading this thread and I have a 'which route is faster' question for you.

I will be travelling in July from Kotor to Albania, I wish to cross the border at Prelaz Bozal (going to Hani i Hotit), since last year there was a massive queue at Suqobin-Murigan customs.

The coastal road from Kotor and downwards was very nice (it took us 2.5hrs from Kotor to Suqobin-Murigan), but was heavily packed with traffic so I was wondering if these alternatives:

1. Kotor-Petrovac-left towards Podgorica-right at Golubovci-border http://goo.gl/maps/ldrDd or
2. Kotor-Centinje-Podgorica-border http://goo.gl/maps/sUwa8 (but I would hate to hit traffic time around Podgorica)

What do you guys think, anything wrong with going with no1 around the lake? Is the road good, any hidden secrets there?

All feedback is apreciated!
soterman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 11:54 PM   #593
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Quck drive through my hometown, along the Boka Kotor Bay coast:

verreme liked this post
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:20 PM   #594
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

And then some pictures of the road around the Bay of Kotor (Herceg Novi to Kotor via Risan)

Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:22 PM   #595
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

And some pictures of Kotor -> Cetinje

Good food (just southeast of Cetinje on the road towards Budva)

Verso, filip__pg, hofburg, MichiH liked this post
Palance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:35 PM   #596
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Nice pictures.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:04 AM   #597
filip__pg

Likes (Received): 3846

Quote:
Originally Posted by soterman View Post
Goodmorning everyone!

I have been silently reading this thread and I have a 'which route is faster' question for you.

I will be travelling in July from Kotor to Albania, I wish to cross the border at Prelaz Bozal (going to Hani i Hotit), since last year there was a massive queue at Suqobin-Murigan customs.

The coastal road from Kotor and downwards was very nice (it took us 2.5hrs from Kotor to Suqobin-Murigan), but was heavily packed with traffic so I was wondering if these alternatives:

1. Kotor-Petrovac-left towards Podgorica-right at Golubovci-border http://goo.gl/maps/ldrDd or
2. Kotor-Centinje-Podgorica-border http://goo.gl/maps/sUwa8 (but I would hate to hit traffic time around Podgorica)

What do you guys think, anything wrong with going with no1 around the lake? Is the road good, any hidden secrets there?

All feedback is apreciated!
First route is faster, and the road is good around the lake. You will have to pay the toll for going thru Sozina tunnell (2,5 euros for small cars). You might want to go from Golubovci to Tuzi and than towards the border. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=J...=13&via=1&z=13

Second route is longer but there is beautiful scenery of Boka-Kotor bay once you get on the old road that leads to Cetinje. Also you can try traditional Montenegrin food (prosciutto and cheese) in a village of Njegusi. Keep in mind that the road is narrow all the way untill you get to Cetinje and during the summer alot of turist busses and cars are using that road.

Last edited by filip__pg; June 23rd, 2013 at 02:15 AM.
filip__pg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:53 PM   #598
darko06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsor View Post
I think that would be a better solution for a expressway:

It will keep the traffic out of Kotor/Tivat & Herceg Novi/Igalo.
The bridge (~2km) would be much more expensiver than the small one by Kamenari/Lepetane, but there is no need for tunnels, like I saw in some pictures...

You can reach the whole towns in a couple of minutes and rescue them at the same time from the big transit traffic during summer.

Also the "whole" world will visit Montenegro "just" to take pictures of that impressive bridge
And maybe Croatia and the EU will help to realize it.

Have there been any plans for such a bridge?
Excuse me folks, but is it really necessary to ruin this panorama with the bridge?

Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:04 PM   #599
darko06

Without any misunderstandings, I am not an environmental afficionado with strong will for stopping motorway development projects, but I think that proposed bridge between Kamenari and Lepetane is more appropriate solution.
- it's cheaper;
- connector expressways can be cheaper (in shape of an 2x2 Schnellstrasse) at the whole route from Mokošica via Čilipi via Konavle via Hercegnovi via Kotor/Tivat via Budva; because it shall have projected speed of only 110 kmh (also as speed limit) and therefore it will be more terrain-aligned;
- it will connect obviously more tourist villages than this proposal;
- it will serve for all traffic for the foreseeable future (till the AADT rises to cca 20000 lorries in the season time). After that it will be economically appropriate to build the Adriatic-Ionian motorway from Mokošica via Trebinje via Bileča via Nikšić via Podgorica to Boljare or to Skhodra (and to Greece too).
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:47 PM   #600
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Fycking tragedy today in Montenegro...a Romanian-plated bus ended up at the bottom of Moraca canyon, according to prelim. reports, twenty dead, about thirty injured. RIP

Tags
crna gora