daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 4th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #621
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16169

Far from a done deal, they say it will take them several months to negotiate it.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #622
filip__pg

Likes (Received): 3841

Government is still negotiating details but we hope that construction will begin next year.

This section Podgorica-Kolasin will be 42 km long, and it should be built in 48 months.
filip__pg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #623
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16169

Don Milo says highway will be U/C in February! http://translate.google.com/translat...av_id%3D787975

Hopefully more luck than the last time http://gdb.rferl.org/6F5918B7-DF78-4...4E_mw800_s.jpg

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #624
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Offtopic and maybe asked before, but why does the topic title say that this thread is about Montenego in stead of Montenegro?

Verso liked this post
Palance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #625
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

That was a quick repair, mods
Old December 12th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #626
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7664

We've never been this close to finally starting work on that first kilometer of motorway

Quote:
Podgorica-Kolasin highway construction most likely to start February 2014

Thursday, 12/12/2013|14:49 | Source: Tanjug

Montenegrin Prime Minister Milo Djukanovic announced Wednesday that the construction of the Podgorica-Kolasin stretch of the future Bar-Boljare highway should commence in late February, adding that Montenegro expected to attract EUR 600 million in foreign investments in 2014.

The Montenegrin government previously announced in a release that the construction of a stretch from Podgorica to Kolasin had been entrusted to Chinese company CCCC International.

CCCC International has offered to build the Podgorica-Kolasin stretch for EUR 800 million that should be provided from the proceeds of a loan from China's state-owned Exim Bank.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2013, 01:54 PM   #627
an-148

Likes (Received): 31

anybody knows :
1. if there is a border crossing point (open to more people than locals) between Arandjelovo (BiH) and Nudo (MNE) ?
2. if the road is correct enough for usual cars (I don't have a 4x4) ?
those questions because I would like to see the landscape that the (very?) future motorway Trebinje-Podgorica will cross :-)
(the bcp of Klobuk has another direction and is not relevant enough to have an idea of the future track)
Old February 1st, 2014, 05:28 PM   #628
filip__pg

Likes (Received): 3841

Transport and Maritime Affairs Minister Brajović: Bar-Boljare high-way construction contract inked

Podgorica, Montenegro (1 February 2014) – Earlier this morning, representatives of the Government of Montenegro and the Chinese CRBC company inked the contract on the project-work, purchase, and installation of equipment and materials for the construction of the Bar-Boljare high-way priority section (Smokvac-Mateševo), Minister of Transport and Maritime Affairs Ivan Brajović has said.

At the special press conference held today at the Government building, the Minister said that the negotiations, which began on 10 January, ended successfully, and explained the following steps: first comes the negotiations about financing the project with the Exim Bank, than the adoption of a law on the highway, and finally submission of all three documents to the Government and Parliament for the required procedures.

In his response to a media enquiry, Minister Brajović said he expects the entire procedure to be completed at the spring session of the Parliament of Montenegro.
filip__pg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 03:18 PM   #629
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Hello

How is the road from herceg novi to sukobin (border to albania) via E80/E65 and E851 ? is it in good shape ?
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 12:21 AM   #630
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

Recently went from Bar to Herceg Novi, everything is (Balkan) ok road is in really in ok condition, but it takes time since the road is mostly pretty curvy and you have to pass a lot of places and speed limit is almost nowhere more than 60 km/h, often lower.

During the touristic season one has to have even more patience since the traffic can be very heavy (took me 45 min once to pass through Budva only in August), waiting on the borders (esp. Croatia/Montenegro) and probably at the ferry boat, Montengro/Albania border is quite time consuming too in the seasons peak i assume.
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:43 AM   #631
an-148

yes, from Bar to Herceg Novi, slow (it's the only main road along the coast with heavy traffic) but good condition; the other way around,i.e. from Bar to AL border, taking the shortcut to avoid Ulcinj and save a bundle of kilometers, the conditions are not so good, but improve again after Vladimir (new asphalt until the border).
an-148 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 04:10 AM   #632
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

As said before, the road is in good condition. Be sure to take the ferry to Tivat, don't take road around Kotor bay if you are in hurry.

However if you'll travel in holiday season or on weekend, I would recommend taking the road to Podgorica from Budva (vie Cetinje) (that road is excellent!) and then go to Albania (north of Lake Skudari). It's a bit longer (about 120 km vs. about 90 km from Budva to Shkodra), but you will most likely be faster, because roads are better and there is less traffic.

You can also avoid the coastal region almost complete if you go via Grahovo and Niksic to Podgorica: https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Herce...d42.074299!3e0

Could be an option if there is really strong traffic on the coast
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #633
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Thnx for all the posts. It Will be in july so i might Think about podgorica road.
What about the Cro-mon and mon-alb borders? Do i have to go through them at midnight or early morning?
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #634
stickedy

MNE-AL shouldn't be a problem at all. HR-MNE is also not that critical that you need to choose a specific time.

The time problems are MNE-HR, the other way round, but that's another story.
Old February 16th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #635
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

I'm planning to drive from Dubrovnik to Shkodër, somewhere in late May, I have a draft plan, and it should be on Monday, I plan to stop in Budva and Kotor on the way. I'm not really in a hurry, but would like to get in Shkodër to catch something from the place during daylight.

1. I thought maybe use the Vitaljina HR/MNE border crossing, what do you think?

2. From tourist point of view: which choice is nicer, road along the bay or ferry?

3. From Budva to Shkodër what choice is nicer:
- via Cetinje, Podgorica
- via Sozina Tunnel, Podgorica
- via Bar, shortcut to avoid Ulcinj
- via Bar, Ulcinj
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 03:45 PM   #636
Al3XaNd4R
Travanjinjinji

Likes (Received): 1227

1. dont know
2. along the bay (Its, beautiful)
- via cetinje you have few places for beautiful look on budva from mountains
- via sozina is maybe best road, but not shorter
- other two is noting special, but you always have something nice to view, nice panoramas
- and you have some other way much longer than a sozina but most beautiful. this is old and first road from podgorica to montenegro seaside and when sozina is builded its almost empty. so if you go trough budva i think to this is best option. this road start in petrovac

4. maybe you can try some old road from kotor to cetinje, but than you dont go to budva. the serpentine is road. and there is beautiful view on boka bay

look on Google maps this all road, but look in satellite mode then you can view photos from this road.

| ፖድጎሪጻ | Падгорыца | بودغوريتشا | Podgorica | Подъгорица | Подгорица | Ποντγκόριτσα | پودگوریتسا | Podgorytsa | פודגוריצה | Պոդգորիցա | ポドゴリツァ | პოდგორიცა | Podgorika | Podgoritsa | Podgňrica | พอดกอรีตซา | Подгориця |
-----
--> Podgorica <-- |biciklo.me on FB | Željeznice Crne Gore on FB

cinxxx liked this post

Last edited by Al3XaNd4R; February 16th, 2014 at 04:04 PM.
Al3XaNd4R no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #637
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Thanks

I will have to see, it should be part of a long 9 day roadtrip:
http://goo.gl/maps/jEDiO

I would only see a little of Montenegro, for thorougher visit, you need at least a full week...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #638
Al3XaNd4R
Travanjinjinji

Likes (Received): 1227

this is my change of your road (Albania part) I think to you need to see tirana and maybe durres.
https://maps.google.de/maps?saddr=In...&via=2&t=m&z=6
| ፖድጎሪጻ | Падгорыца | بودغوريتشا | Podgorica | Подъгорица | Подгорица | Ποντγκόριτσα | پودگوریتسا | Podgorytsa | פודגוריצה | Պոդգորիցա | ポドゴリツァ | პოდგორიცა | Podgorika | Podgoritsa | Podgňrica | พอดกอรีตซา | Подгориця |
-----
--> Podgorica <-- |biciklo.me on FB | Željeznice Crne Gore on FB
Al3XaNd4R no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #639
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Thanks

I will have to see, it should be part of a long 9 day roadtrip:
http://goo.gl/maps/jEDiO

I would only see a little of Montenegro, for thorougher visit, you need at least a full week...
If you have the time, choose the old road from Kotor to Cetinje and then go back to the coast at Budva: http://goo.gl/maps/cGUC5

That's really, really a stunning road with great views. It will take you about 1 hour more, but it's worth the detour.

That's one view you'll get there: https://www.google.de/maps/@42.40393...2e1!3e10?hl=en

The road is abit narrow, but the condition is good: https://www.google.de/maps/@42.40618...2e1!3e10?hl=en

Al3XaNd4R, an-148 liked this post
Old February 16th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #640
an-148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3XaNd4R View Post
this is my change of your road (Albania part) I think to you need to see tirana and maybe durres.
https://maps.google.de/maps?saddr=In...&via=2&t=m&z=6
don't be surprised if you have to take an insurrance at the border to cross Kosovo (30€): that's quite normal because Kosovo is not part of international insurrance organisation.
an-148 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
crna gora