daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 16th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #641
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

There's also an eco tax in Kosovo: http://www.assembly-kosova.org/commo...20vehicles.pdf
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #642
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18308

Didn't know about that, seems to be 10€.
I read that car insurance is 50€...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:12 AM   #643
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nothing I have Heard of Before actually :P, but maybe it is a part of the Insurance price since I have never payed for something else :/
Old February 17th, 2014, 03:33 AM   #644
an-148

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Didn't know about that, seems to be 10€.
I read that car insurance is 50€...
I readed also 50€ everywhere on Internet before travelling (and was prepared to that price) and payed actually 30€ at General Djankovic (september 2012) (no ecotax at that time)
an-148 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #645
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

I think the old road from Kotor to Cetinje is a good choice, and then go south to Budva, I will take that . Can you maybe hint me some places with the best panorama from the road with the bay? Maybe where it's also safe to stop the car?

I think we will stay over night in Budva or somewhere in the area, and leave for Albania next day, and add an extra day to also visit Tirana. Still not decided if from Tirana to go Ohrid (stay the night) and Skopje, or Prizren (stay the night) and Skopje.

Regarding Kosovo, I took a look on the page of the Romanian foreign affairs office, it's written you have to pay 35€ for a car for 2 weeks.
Old February 17th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #646
an-148

Likes (Received): 31

as for the Kotor-Cetinje road, once beginning the winding road, every 180° wind offers sufficient place to stop one (or 2) car(s) for short time: every single wind offers a new perspective, the first beeing adequate for the inner bay of Kotor, going upwards offering more and more panoramic view over the whole fjord, the last 5 or 6 winds allowing you to have even a full view of the runway of Tivat airport behind the first "wall" of montains and the entrance of the fjord by Prevlaka.
after climbing, you'll arrive in village Njegusi: stop and buy local cheese, dry ham, unfiltered olive oil or honey: the village is widely known for producing best food.
on the road Cetinje-Budva, you'll see immediately by yourself when it's time to stop for sightseeing and pictures.
as for the trip Tirana-Skopje, I woulf prefer to go via Ohrid, simply because of Ohrid itself: this town and it's lake are worth all superlatives !!!!! (maybe the highway Tirana-Elbasan will already have many sections free for ride when you pass by !!)
(although the track via Prizren contains one very, very beautiful natural section between Prizren and Kacanik via Strpce)
an-148 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #647
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Hvala lepa for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by an-148 View Post
... simply because of Ohrid itself: this town and it's lake are worth all superlatives !!!!! ...

... (although the track via Prizren contains one very, very beautiful natural section between Prizren and Kacanik via Strpce)
These 2 reasons are exactly the ones that frustrate me.
Anyway it's already offtopic here
Old February 18th, 2014, 07:43 AM   #648
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
as for the Kotor-Cetinje road, once beginning the winding road, every 180° wind offers sufficient place to stop one (or 2) car(s) for short time: every single wind offers a new perspective, the first beeing adequate for the inner bay of Kotor, going upwards offering more and more panoramic view over the whole fjord,

Quote:
the last 5 or 6 winds allowing you to have even a full view of the runway of Tivat airport behind the first "wall" of montains

an-148, cinxxx liked this post
Palance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #649
Al3XaNd4R
Travanjinjinji

Likes (Received): 1227

| ፖድጎሪጻ | Падгорыца | بودغوريتشا | Podgorica | Подъгорица | Подгорица | Ποντγκόριτσα | پودگوریتسا | Podgorytsa | פודגוריצה | Պոդգորիցա | ポドゴリツァ | პოდგორიცა | Podgorika | Podgoritsa | Podgòrica | พอดกอรีตซา | Подгориця |
-----
--> Podgorica <-- |biciklo.me on FB | Željeznice Crne Gore on FB
Al3XaNd4R no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #650
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Wow

Quote:
Trip with Suzuki V-Strom 650 trough famous route Kotor-Cetinje. This route makes awesome impression, I do not recommend to people with high anxiety.
Old February 18th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #651
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 61725

This road looks so narrow. Can anyone tell me how wide it is?
Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #652
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopje/Скопје View Post
This road looks so narrow. Can anyone tell me how wide it is?
It does look narrow, but if you watch at 6:55, you will be surprised
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #653
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

It could be wider, but it's ok to drive on it. Just have in mind that until 25 years ago the whole traffic including trucks and buses from Podgorica to Kotor / the Adriatic coast (and vice versa) had to use that road There was huge traffic back in the Eighties on it (the road from Kotor to Tivat is much smaller and there was no tunnel)... Two cars can pass each other without problems, if it's something bigger, you'll find a place. No problem. I did the road 4 years ago with a FIAT Ducato and a 6.50 m trailer in the night. Could be nicer, but it was ok

Last edited by stickedy; February 18th, 2014 at 11:12 PM.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 12:14 AM   #654
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

What about driving to the Njegoš Mausoleum? Is it worth it? How is the road from just before Njegusi to there?

If I'm driving from Kotor to Cetinje, it can be only a short detour if going this way after -> http://goo.gl/maps/UAd9D
But a little more if coming back and driving further on the "old road" like this -> http://goo.gl/maps/kt8ea
Old February 20th, 2014, 12:26 AM   #655
stickedy

Take the first option. The road is more or less the same as the one from Kotor up the mountain, but it's a bit smaller. But very low traffic. I wasn't at the Mausoleum, but I guess you have a great view there.

You can make a break a here: https://www.google.de/maps/@42.37969...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Quite nice for a picknick

Last edited by stickedy; February 20th, 2014 at 12:47 AM.
Old February 20th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #656
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

That's 500 meters from the top, photo taken in May 2013.

There probably won't be any snow in summer, but take this into consideration. You would have to go back like 500-700 meters to let another car pass.

At the top, there are guards telling you where to park on the narrow parking lot. It's actually not more than a traffic circle. I think it was free parking, but that's maybe up to their mood (they seemed to be very rude).

Just bear in mind - there could be huge buses on this narrow stretch to the top! When I was there in 2013, we were in quite a difficult situation as four Slovenian buses were coming down from the top and there was no way to let them pass without going back like 1 kilometer...

If you don't want any maneuvres, park your car like 1 kilometer before the top, there's a huge parking (for at least 15 cars) on the right side.

The view from up there is breathtaking:

cinxxx liked this post
celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #657
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Thanks!
You mean this place to park? http://goo.gl/maps/k0iN1
There seems to be a walking path up from there directly to the monument or?
Old February 20th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #658
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Thanks!
You mean this place to park? http://goo.gl/maps/k0iN1
There seems to be a walking path up from there directly to the monument or?
Exactly that one. :-)

cinxxx liked this post
celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 03:24 AM   #659
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

It's official

Quote:

Montenegro, Chinese partner sign deal on Smokovac-Matesevo motorway section

February 26, 2014 16:50 CET

PODGORICA (Montenegro), February 26 (SeeNews) – Montenegro signed a deal with one of its partners, China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), for the construction of the Smokovac-Matesevo motorway section, which opens a way for works to start hopefully this spring, the government in Podgorica said on Wednesday.

The Montenegrin government said in July that it has selected the 809.6 million euro ($1.1 billion) bid of China's CCCC and CRBC for the construction of the Smokovac-Matesevo section, which is part of Bar-Boljare motorway..

The deal is now pending parliament approval, the government said, quoting transport minister Ivan Brajovic, following the signing ceremony.

The project will be funded with a loan from China's Ex-Im Bank.

The 169 kilometre Bar-Boljare motorway will be part of the longer Bar-Belgrade stretch of EU-defined transport Corridor X that will link Montenegro's Adriatic coast with the Serbian capital.

($=0.7278 euro)

MHN liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2014, 01:37 AM   #660
stickedy

Great news! Hopefully it will be succesful this time...

Tags
crna gora