daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 8th, 2014, 10:25 AM   #681
suvi genije

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
I have a question: Are you allowed to drive the road in the north from Trsa to Zabljak: https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Žablj...d43.188329!3e0

Google Maps can't do proper routing, therefore both are drawn. I know that it's a dirt / gravel road, but that would be ok if you are allowed to drive there.
Yes, section from Piva lake via Trsa to Zabljak is in good shape, covered with asphalt, but curvy and narrow, thus with low trafic density.

Here is a video from main road near Piva lake, to Trsa. Rest of the road to Zabljak is similiar to this conditions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu706x_yKBo

Or go to YT and search for Droga Zabljak Trsa and you can see whole road

Last edited by suvi genije; June 8th, 2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: to give more info
suvi genije no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #682
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Thanks, I know that road. It's the one in the south in my linked Google Maps, I drove there several years ago before when there were the construction works for the pavement. It's a beautiful road.

But I mean the other option from Trsa to Zabljak, the one shown in the north, over Nedajno and through Sušica canyon https://goo.gl/maps/8uN4z
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 02:48 PM   #683
suvi genije

Quote:
Thanks, I know that road. It's the one in the south in my linked Google Maps, I drove there several years ago before when there were the construction works for the pavement. It's a beautiful road.

But I mean the other option from Trsa to Zabljak, the one shown in the north, over Nedajno and through Sušica canyon https://goo.gl/maps/8uN4z
Sorry, I missunderstood.

Don't risk with road over Nedajno.
Old June 8th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #684
stickedy

What do you mean? It's for sightseeing, no need for hurrying and I have no problem with narrow and curvy roads - as long as the way isn't senseless because e.g. the road is closed somewhere.

The road seems ok on some pictures, but I can't find informations if the road is open for vehicles / the public. In Trsa, there's only Nedajno signed (which makes sense, you don't want to route traffic to Zabljak there) and I don't find further informations...
Old June 8th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #685
SADOSI

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that Montenegro will not have a motorway until the EU are willing to fund 85% and then it will be whichever option the EU are willing to fund. Borrowing money from China that could eventually be had for free from the EU doesn't make sense to me.
I seem to agree, notwithstanding that the amount of tourists willing to drive through/from Serbia instead of flying compared to the amount of tourist willing to drive from Bosnia/Croatia has to be much lower.
Old June 9th, 2014, 01:37 AM   #686
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that Montenegro will not have a motorway until the EU are willing to fund 85% and then it will be whichever option the EU are willing to fund. Borrowing money from China that could eventually be had for free from the EU doesn't make sense to me.
The problem is that the EU doesn't seem to consider the route to be important strategically. There's already two decent routes from Greece to central Europe, and Serbia joining the EU is more likely than Albania.

When we think about Montenegro, we think about summer months - but the place is dead most of the year. It's the same with the corridor from Metkovic to Dubrovnik - the EU simply isn't interested because the road is very quiet most of the year.

The most sensible thing Montenegro could do is to build small pieces here and there as an single carriageway motorway with full grade separation. For instance, from Tivat Airport to Radankovici. They could charge a yearly vignette at a reasonable price to pay for such construction, and they could try and save the money to pay for things such as a Budva bypass.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2014, 01:47 AM   #687
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
The problem is that the EU doesn't seem to consider the route to be important strategically. There's already two decent routes from Greece to central Europe, and Serbia joining the EU is more likely than Albania.
The EU didn't consider the expressways on the Canary Islands to be strategically important, but funded those anyway. They never would have been built without EU funding.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2014, 02:31 PM   #688
casperas28

Likes (Received): 75

When will the Bar - Boljare highway work start, by the way? it was written like the money was found, whats missing now?
casperas28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 12:23 AM   #689
suvi genije

Quote:
What do you mean? It's for sightseeing, no need for hurrying and I have no problem with narrow and curvy roads - as long as the way isn't senseless because e.g. the road is closed somewhere.

The road seems ok on some pictures, but I can't find informations if the road is open for vehicles / the public. In Trsa, there's only Nedajno signed (which makes sense, you don't want to route traffic to Zabljak there) and I don't find further informations...
To be honest, I don't know for sure.
I saw that road 10 yrs ago. There are a few premanent residents in village of Nedajno, and question is how that road has been maintenanted for years.
If you have a proper vehicle, maybe you should try. Of course on some bright sunny day.
Old June 11th, 2014, 09:47 AM   #690
Eulanthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperas28 View Post
When will the Bar - Boljare highway work start, by the way? it was written like the money was found, whats missing now?
Chinese money is never straightforward, it seems.

I suspect the Chinese have been looking for substantial concessions in exchange for putting up the cash, and while there might be an agreement in theory, there won't be one in reality.

Like the other route, Belgrade-Bar traffic is pretty light anyway. I drove that route in the middle of summer, and while Serbia can justify it, the traffic volumes were next to nothing in Montenegro.
Old June 17th, 2014, 01:24 AM   #691
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18303

Some pictures from my trip to MNE 3 weeks ago...

Crossing into MNE at Kobila

HR_516 von cinxxx auf Flickr

MNE_M2 - Ferry Lepetane-Kamenari

MNE_M2 - Ferry Lepetane-Kamenari von cinxxx auf Flickr

cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2014, 01:25 AM   #692
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Driving further towards Kotor

MNE_M2 von cinxxx auf Flickr

more to come
Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:11 PM   #693
Arkona14
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3432

I see the advertising is in russian language)) Is it Montenegro?))
Arkona14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 10:41 PM   #694
čarli

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkona14 View Post
I see the advertising is in russian language)) Is it Montenegro?))
Yep, there have russian advertising posters
čarli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 10:47 PM   #695
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

There are many Russians that bought properties in Montenegro.
You also hear much Russian on the street and in shops.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:31 PM   #696
Eulanthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
There are many Russians that bought properties in Montenegro.
You also hear much Russian on the street and in shops.
My wife walked out of one restaurant after they came up to her with a smile and said "ah, Russkiy!" after they heard her speaking Polish to me. But she made a point of saying "Ah, Chorwat!" to the poor guy on the way out. He was equally offended

It also reminds me of stopping at a very small café somewhere in deepest darkest Serbia, about 50km from the Montenegrin border. The café only had the menu in Cyrillic, and the woman working there was completely bewildered that someone that couldn't read Cyrillic would stop there. As far as we understood, we were the first customers who couldn't speak one of the local languages or who couldn't read Cyrillic.

Incidentally, I've been to Montenegro, but I couldn't quite work out the answer to this one - is Montenegro similar to Serbia in that you can use both alphabets freely, or is it expected that you use the Latin alphabet?

cinxxx, panchevo, piotr71 liked this post
Old June 24th, 2014, 12:17 AM   #697
stickedy

Both is possible, it's even guaranted in the constitution. But I have the feeling that the Latin alphabet is much more popular than Cyrillic. At least in the southern regions.
Old June 24th, 2014, 01:06 AM   #698
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4006

In recent years, especially before Montenegro's independence 2006 Latin script was favourised by authorities againts Cyrillic, which almost disappeared. Newspapers, personal documents, national television - everything in Montenegro is in Latin script, just to be different from Serbia.
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2014, 01:34 AM   #699
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Just a shot for now, I will post more the next days...
(you can see the album with breath taking views from the Kotor Bay though)

Bay of Kotor (from MNE_R1) von cinxxx auf Flickr
Old June 24th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #700
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

The Old Royal road between Kotor and Cetinje

MNE_R1 von cinxxx auf Flickr