daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 7th, 2015, 11:03 PM   #801
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Lol China again.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Montenegro is not a poor country, correct? If it's not poor, then why does it need to resort to cheapshit Chinese road-building quality???

As Montenegro is a European country, it's better to go for European construction companies as they value quality over cost-cutting and cutting corners.
Montenegro has no sufficient money available to build the needed infrastructure. And that's the point: That's not just Chiness companies building the roads, but it's involving Chinese banks lending the money! And they only give the money if Chinese companies do the works... You see?

tasosGR, belerophon, VECTROTALENZIS liked this post
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2015, 11:06 PM   #802
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18300

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post
Nice and interesting route for foreign travellers.
My goal in close future will be Transalpina in your country.
I came from Dubrovnik, crossed into MNE at Vitaljina. Stopped in Kotor, then drove on the old road via Cetinje to Budva.
From there, I drove to Shkodra, but read the crossing at Ulcinj should be more crowded and could take longer.

Transalpina is nice, although Transfagarasan is more spectacular
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2015, 10:11 PM   #803
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Lol China again.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Montenegro is not a poor country, correct? If it's not poor, then why does it need to resort to cheapshit Chinese road-building quality???

As Montenegro is a European country, it's better to go for European construction companies as they value quality over cost-cutting and cutting corners.
I read that a new and long bridge in San Francisco would be built by a chinese company. The bridge modules would be built in China and then transported on ships to the construction site. It would be cheaper and go faster than building it the tradiotional way.

Quote:
California officials say the state saved hundreds of millions of dollars by turning to China.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/bu...idge.html?_r=0

Time will tell how this plays out in the quality area but if it is a big win in finance for Montenegro they are doing the right thing. They should only make sure that as many locals as possible are involved in the project.
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2015, 09:42 AM   #804
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Chinese make pretty cute things in quality in fact, but.... only and if only they'll show to Chinese they really do well. In other words, the Chinese shit is pretty nice in China only(not dutyfree), but in Europe it is only a money trap and a way to shit the Earth. Something of that we breathe 'cause we bought a Chinese iPhone or some other ****** plastic . So the only way to make good roads is to pay a lot of additional money from budget. @Festin: I guess there must be some US supervisors?? Chinese might have fear against US so US has no fear concerning quality.
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2015, 11:58 AM   #805
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Chinese make pretty cute things in quality in fact, but.... only and if only they'll show to Chinese they really do well. In other words, the Chinese shit is pretty nice in China only(not dutyfree), but in Europe it is only a money trap and a way to shit the Earth. Something of that we breathe 'cause we bought a Chinese iPhone or some other ****** plastic . So the only way to make good roads is to pay a lot of additional money from budget. @Festin: I guess there must be some US supervisors?? Chinese might have fear against US so US has no fear concerning quality.
It seems as Chinese companies(aka state of China) are involved in many projects outside China so they have the knowledge of building quality stuff in my opinion. Just looking at constructions in China tells you that.

However what we think of quality may depend on what we are used to.
Found this article:
http://www.sacbee.com/news/investiga...le2589402.html

Quote:
Quality control managers found thousands of cracks in welds produced by a Chinese contractor for the span’s signature tower and roadway. Rather than ordering all needed fixes, top California Department of Transportation managers replaced those who discovered the problems.

Millions of dollars were paid to the same Chinese contractor to speed up work after it fell behind schedule and bridge officials urgently wanted faster results.

Bridge officials rejected warnings in 2008 that suspect anchor rods for the suspension span were not adequately tested; some of those rods snapped last year.

Officials frequently told contractors and employees not to put concerns about quality into writing – ostensibly to avoid disclosure under the state Public Records Act.
To answer your question, they seem to have american supervisors but problem is with people higher up in the chain.

In the case of Montenegro, the road will probably be in the same quality as the one constructed in Serbia by China. But I doubt it will hold higher quality than ex Yugoslavian roads.
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #806
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

All this depends on supervision capability by Montenegro. If is weak then you could buy a pup.

Romania bought an American pup called Bechtel 10 years ago, China does not have a global monopoly on bad construction outcomes.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2015, 10:11 PM   #807
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

I dissagree. Although in Romania's case there were huge sums of money siphoned by Bechtel for a small number of km of motorway, they were and still are great quality, high above anything else built in the country recently. That's because they were free to add-up material as much as they wanted (the contract was appaling, which is why it was classified and got misteriously lost when it was ordered by the media). They didn't steal free money, so at least americans have some class . As opposed to the Italians that resorted to every trick on the book to screw us over and are still actively doing so...

Sorry for the off-topic, but I think other countries in the region have something to learn from our experience.

belerophon, CrazySerb liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2015, 07:33 PM   #808
Fooxx67

Likes (Received): 58

Montenegro make road faster, than I will come for the vacation
Fooxx67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 09:59 AM   #809
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7682

Intensive construction of highway in Montenegro - 18 tunnels and 13 bridges at the first section towards Serbia

Quote:
Sunday, 01/03/2016|23:03 | Source: Beta

Montenegrin Ministry of traffic and naval traffic announced that 2016 will be the year of intensive construction of highway from Bar to Serbia, section from Podgorica to Matesevo in direction towards Kolasin.

As stated, so far, more than 80% access roads for highway sites have been completed and works on the construction of four tunnels at Podgorica – Matesevo section have started.

According to the announcement, apart from CRBC which is the main contractor on the highway construction, 35 Montenegrin and other companies will be engaged.

Highway will be 170 km long.

piotr71 liked this post
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 10:34 PM   #810
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

E80 national road: Podgorica - Virpazar: Skadarsko jezero

Old January 4th, 2016, 10:37 PM   #811
Moravian

E80 national road: Podgorica - Virpazar: railway Beograd - Bar

Stefan-SRB, SRC_100, Fooxx67, piotr71 liked this post
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 10:46 PM   #812
Moravian

E80 national road: tunel Sozina with toll station (Sutomore - Virpazar)

Old January 4th, 2016, 10:51 PM   #813
Moravian

E851 Jadranska magistrála: Dobra Voda

SRC_100, Fooxx67, Seagull liked this post
Old January 5th, 2016, 09:58 PM   #814
Moravian

Jadranska magistrala: Sveti Stefan

Old January 5th, 2016, 10:05 PM   #815
Moravian

Jadranska magistrala: Budva

SRC_100, Seagull liked this post
Old January 5th, 2016, 10:17 PM   #816
Moravian

Bar:

Old January 6th, 2016, 10:05 PM   #817
Moravian

E851 Jadranska magistrala: section Dobra Voda - Bar

aleksandar_s, SRC_100 liked this post
Old January 6th, 2016, 10:10 PM   #818
Moravian

Airport Podgorica:

Stefan-SRB, SRC_100 liked this post
Old January 7th, 2016, 09:16 PM   #819
Moravian

Kotor:

SRC_100, belerophon, Zagor666, Adayafter liked this post
Old January 8th, 2016, 01:08 PM   #820
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Intensive construction of highway in Montenegro - 18 tunnels and 13 bridges at the first section towards Serbia
Quote:
As stated, so far, more than 80% access roads for highway sites have been completed and works on the construction of four tunnels at Podgorica – Matesevo section have started.
I know it's a bit early, but are there any pictures from construction sites?

belerophon liked this post
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
crna gora