daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2017, 09:26 AM   #941
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7675

Montenegro, China sign agreement on bridge reconstruction project

Quote:
PODGORICA (Montenegro), October 20 (SeeNews) – Montenegro's government said on Friday it has signed a cooperation agreement with China for a feasibility study for a project for the reconstruction of the Djurdjevica Tara bridge over the Tara River in northern Montenegro.

The Chinese government will send experts to Montenegro to draft a feasibility study for the reconstruction in order to implement the project as soon as possible, the government said in a statement.

China plans to provide a 2.55 million euro ($3 million) grant to the country for the reconstruction of the Djurdjevica Tara bridge under an economic and technical cooperation agreement signed by the two countries in May.

Djurdjevica Tara bridge is a 365 metre-long concrete bridge with a roadway above the Tara River.

https://seenews.com/news/montenegro-...project-587949
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2017, 06:31 PM   #942
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

It'd be awesome if we could get the Chinese interested in our new coastal highway, an expensive but crucial project that's been sitting around in dusty drawers for a few decades now....

darko06, lampsakos21 liked this post
Old October 22nd, 2017, 07:40 PM   #943
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

I cannot see a motorway on the Adriatic coast Crazy...best route it ~Mostar Podgorica Shkoder (with spur to Dubrovnik and spur to ~ Kotor (and a spur to Bar) if is to get traction as a 'plan' . Come on dude.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 08:55 PM   #944
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
It'd be awesome if we could get the Chinese interested in our new coastal highway, an expensive but crucial project that's been sitting around in dusty drawers for a few decades now....

I still can't believe that there is one topic in which CrazySerb and I will agree, however this day is finally arrived.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 09:36 PM   #945
filip__pg

Likes (Received): 3841

Near Matesevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3XaNd4R View Post
Još...
Large part of the trase visible from one of the mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip__pg View Post
Ukrao od jednog prijatelja sa fb

Foto by Jasna Gajevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip__pg View Post
Uz odobrenje istog autora evo jos 2 fotke. Inace slikano sa Vezesnika.

by Jasna Gajevic

SRC_100 liked this post
filip__pg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 10:28 PM   #946
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
I still can't believe that there is one topic in which CrazySerb and I will agree, however this day is finally arrived.
You can do the group hugs all you like.

Montenegro cannot afford it and the EU will never pay for a Motorway through:
The World Heritage Site of Kotor (download map) .......FFS
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 11:53 PM   #947
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Im suprised Jugslavija never built motorways in Crna Gora.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 03:37 AM   #948
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
I cannot see a motorway on the Adriatic coast Crazy...best route it ~Mostar Podgorica Shkoder (with spur to Dubrovnik and spur to ~ Kotor (and a spur to Bar) if is to get traction as a 'plan' . Come on dude.
No, what I'm talking about is the new coastal highway, which has no relation to the eventual future motorway to be built further inland.
The new coastal artery will be a long overdue replacement for the Yugoslav-era coastal road, also known as Jadranska magistrala, which has become way too inadequate now and also cannot be further expanded, widened, etc.

Quote:

Frankly, as someone born & raised in Kotor, I'm gonna say its time to get rid of that world heritage status.
Considering that Kotor is now lagging behind in almost every known way compared to the other coastal towns, it's becoming obvious that this is impeding our development.

Oh and btw, screw the EU. The Chinese are now here

Last edited by CrazySerb; October 23rd, 2017 at 03:43 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:53 AM   #949
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
It's not planned as a motorway but as an 2x2 highway. And it's making sense, the coastal road nowadays is leading more or less through one big city along the coast, in the summer months traffic jams are everywhere. They made it as good as possible, but that's it now with this road.

Hopefully they get someone to finance it.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:06 PM   #950
stickedy

Quote:
You can do the group hugs all you like.

Afaik UNESCO has no general problem with bridge at Verige strait unless the impact is not that big. See also http://www.isl.rwth-aachen.de/cms/IS...erige-Bruecke/

And beside of that, getting money for a project is not really connected to UNESCO world heritage state. It's more a problem of Montenegro to loose the state.
Old October 25th, 2017, 01:16 AM   #951
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Short aerial view of our new motorway...

stickedy liked this post
Old October 25th, 2017, 05:43 PM   #952
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

Like the new highway! Can`t wait to drive through it once it is finished

#Respect from Kosova/Albania !!
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2017, 02:06 AM   #953
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post

I would have prefered this route for the motorway, and the regional highway where the proposed motorway is planned. This way tourists would get to the coast faster.

The Adriatic-Ionian motorway should be close to the coast wherever possible. Or at least, the motorway should come from Tivat area to Kotor-Grabaljsko Polje-Cetinje-Podgorica (south side), and then toward Skadar, and back to the coast.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 10:51 PM   #954
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Google Maps/Google Earth has nice new imagery of the U/C highway, worth checking out
Old October 28th, 2017, 11:01 PM   #955
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19388

Interesting. Most works seem to concentrate on the tunnels and that big bridge for now, little work has been done on the motorway itself between the tunnels, apart from some clearing and early earthworks.

I wonder though, where will the access points to and from the motorway be? The new imagery doesn't extend all the way to Mateševo, but I don't see any entrance point north of Podgorica either.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 11:06 PM   #956
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Interesting. Most works seem to concentrate on the tunnels and that big bridge for now, little work has been done on the motorway itself between the tunnels, apart from some clearing and early earthworks.
I think that's quite common. Minimum in my country....

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 11:22 PM   #957
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19388

This project is done by a Chinese construction company. They usually build alignment and bridges / tunnels simultaneously.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 02:54 AM   #958
stickedy

Quote:

I wonder though, where will the access points to and from the motorway be? The new imagery doesn't extend all the way to Mateševo, but I don't see any entrance point north of Podgorica either.
Yes, there seems to be one tunnel missing. In OSM you can see the alignment: http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/42.4758/19.3002

In the north the Images are from August 2016 according to Google Earth. The access point will be near the road junction in Matesevo. You can see the alignment partly in the valley already in the old images. Should be easy to built there, just a few small bridges.

But in Podgorica I really wonder. That tunnel is not that short and there is quite some work necessary on the interchange.
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:02 PM   #959
filip__pg

Likes (Received): 3841

Quote:

Problem in Podgorica that was recently discovered is that interchange is not included in the contract with Chinese, so these works will cost extra around 30-40 mil euros.
Government is saying that the interchange was included in the first offer but Chinese deny it, so now they will try to make agreement or they will go to international arbitration. All of this could take time, and if they don't start in the next few months I doubt that this project will be finished on time (may 2019).
filip__pg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:42 PM   #960
stickedy

Politicians are idiots everywhere...

borop65, Tenjac liked this post

Tags
crna gora